Batistuta87

On 26/02/2024 at 11:35, RustyRightPeg said:

Their squad reeks of ours when we went down. Difference is they have Miovski who might be enough to bail them out.

It absolutely does.

I remember the chat of we are too good to go down. But when the rot sets in it's very difficult to get out of, as we found out.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• Batistuta87

• Wee Mikey

AC Mallin_51

If we get the euro groups and they go down is a pretty magnificent season in my book. There is definitely a real chance of them finishing second bottom now but I just don’t see enough quality in that championship top 4 to beat them over 2 legs, so for that I think they’ll just scrape by 

Chuck Berry

Colin Wan**r is only here for a bit of fun remember, a deliciously appalling appointment from the sheepy board.

Miovski is the only thing they have, and he won't keep bailing them out if their defence keeps shipping goals.

RustyRightPeg
57 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

If we get the euro groups and they go down is a pretty magnificent season in my book. There is definitely a real chance of them finishing second bottom now but I just don’t see enough quality in that championship top 4 to beat them over 2 legs, so for that I think they’ll just scrape by 

Anything's possible. Once that rot sets in, which it already has for them...very difficult to stop as we know. 

Not sure who I'd want them to play.

6 hours ago, JAYEL said:

He doesn't give a hoot  😆😆😆

Don't think I have ever seen a manager say such a  thing, even when they haven't had a win in months. It's peculiar but I like it, it's like throwing in the towel already. His frankness must be driving them crazy.

AC Mallin_51
59 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Anything's possible. Once that rot sets in, which it already has for them...very difficult to stop as we know. 

Partick for the simple reason I’d like them to come back up 

Hagar the Horrible

Well Warnock did say he was here and going to have fun,  well thank you as I am having hunners of that stuff.

I think we got a get out of jail card not getting him, But it does prove that being a big name down there does not equate to being any good in a proper league, him and Adams failed.

Their one player might keep them up, but all their remaining fixtures before the split are pretty much all the teams around them, which means every single game is a six pointer. All 4 teams at the top in the championship are capable of beating them over 2 legs

Still they can always say for certain that they ARE the biggest team in the championship, unless Cove get to and win the play-offs then they wont even be the biggest team in Aberdeen.

I think they will just finish third bottom, but would love them to go down faster than Willie Millers Chippie

9 hours ago, JAYEL said:

:jjyay:

Delivered in the manner of a TV pundit commenting on a shocker of a performance by a team he doesn’t give a shit about.

Comedy gold.

adambraejambo

Ideal scenario . Livi relegated and Aberdeen finish 11th. Raith win Championship and Goodwin relegates Aberdeen. Unfortunately still think Aberdeen will finish 10th at worst. 

Edited by adambraejambo

1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Raith will give whoever finds themselves in the playoffs a tough task, Partick have a history for Hibsing it

7 minutes ago, leginten said:

:jjyay:

Delivered in the manner of a TV pundit commenting on a shocker of a performance by a team he doesn’t give a shit about.

Comedy gold.

Exactly this, it’s as if he’s no skin in the game. I think they might actually go down, good riddance to say the least

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

One of the strongest Championships since we were down there the first time, any team would be fun to watch.

Japan Jambo
9 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Bit of a Gerald Ratner vibe there. Wouldn't be happy if that was our manager coming out with comments like 'do you see us winning another game' ? 

They need to pay the piper one day for their outrageous get-out-of-jail-free cards when it comes to relegation. 

Lone Striker

Even Willie Miller was laying into Warnock on Sportsound last night after the 2-0 defeat.  Laying in to Cormack too - apparently he brought in "football consultants"  in the last few years to advise on  coaching & manager stuff.  Hope they're charging an absolute  fortune for their  wonderfully affective advice -   Glass/Brown, Goodwin, Robson, Warnock.  All in the space of 3 years.   Long may they suffer.

3 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

Ideal scenario . Livi relegated and Aberdeen finish 11th. Raith win Championship and Goodwin relegates Aberdeen. Unfortunately still think Aberdeen will finish 10th at worst. 

Can you imagine if they were relegated losing a second leg at Pittodrie to a Jim Goodwin team.

Don't think there's enough popcorn in the country for that!

To Cyndi  Lauper’s ‘girls just wanna have fun… ‘

Dons, they wanna have fun, dons, they wanna have, 

they just wanna, they just wanna… 

😂 how funny would their relegation be? almost as funny as hibs/dundee/st Mirren going down! Cheerio 😂

Mikey1874

Overall the Aberdeen players have now  suffered 4 shit managers in a row. No wonder they are struggling. 

FarmerTweedy
9 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Lewis Neilson to score the winner!  :scenes:

Problem dons have got is they have to play teams that know how to dog fight. They don’t. I think livi are doomed but dons could be in play-offs. 

Chuck Berry

Looking at Ross County's remaining fixtures, they're not catching Aberdeen, unfortunately.

jamboinglasgow

Normally for clubs to face this kind of decline, its normally pointed that squad need replacing as they could be lacking the right mentality. Having signed so many players in the summer (especially in defence) this may prove harder for Aberdeen to change.

Gorgierools
8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Normally for clubs to face this kind of decline, its normally pointed that squad need replacing as they could be lacking the right mentality. Having signed so many players in the summer (especially in defence) this may prove harder for Aberdeen to change.

Not once they get the footballing genius Lennon in to sort it.

leginten

The narrative on Warnock appears to have shifted fairly quickly. I was under the impression he had been appointed to spearhead their late push for top six and an unlikely European qualifying spot. Turns out he’s only there to stave off relegation, something you would have thought the tea lady* (or even Barry Robson) could manage at a club like Aberdeen.

*Not sure if they did away with the tea lady when they sold the toaster, to be honest.

ScandinavianJambo

I'm always curious about the ability to fight or wilt under pressure with a squad that seems to to have imploded. The issue is that the bottom team are used to being there and fight for their life. I do think Livingston will go down, but it is certainly pop corn time....

jambo_tar

Can't see them going down, unfortunately. They are woeful but Ross County are not going to catch them. 

I'd be infuriated if I was an Aberdeen fan listening to Warnock's interviews. They treat the job as "a bit of fun", rather than in the manner you'd hope from any professional.

tartofmidlothian
On 29/02/2024 at 20:26, Chuck Berry said:

Looking at Ross County's remaining fixtures, they're not catching Aberdeen, unfortunately.

Only four points in it, and a County win on 30th March could cut deep into that. Then a lot can change after the split.

They're in the same slump we were last season, but we rolled our dice and got a boost from Naisy. They've already rolled theirs and landed on Colin.

3 hours ago, JJ93 said:

I'd be infuriated if I was an Aberdeen fan listening to Warnock's interviews. They treat the job as "a bit of fun", rather than in the manner you'd hope from any professional.

Everyone likes a good dig at the sheep but, as football supporters, I empathise with the guys who wanted him nowhere near their club.

I hope they hound him out and let the board know what they think of them also !

Class of 75
On 29/02/2024 at 21:02, Ked said:

A club very much in trouble.

Their stadium is a dump.

Literally. Got told by an Aberdeen fan during the week that Pittodrie means dung heap in old Scots.

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Class of 75 said:

Literally. Got told by an Aberdeen fan during the week that Pittodrie means dung heap in old Scots.

It is true.

We've known that for ages and ages ...

Screenshot_20240302_010805_Google.jpg

13 hours ago, Boab said:

Everyone likes a good dig at the sheep but, as football supporters, I empathise with the guys who wanted him nowhere near their club.

I hope they hound him out and let the board know what they think of them also !

Hope he stays long enough to take them down first 

Japan Jambo
18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hope he stays long enough to take them down first 

with Livingston and Ross County propping things up this would take considerable experience. Best of luck Colin, give it your best shot 😂

8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

with Livingston and Ross County propping things up this would take considerable experience. Best of luck Colin, give it your best shot 😂

His attitude could be the difference . He appears not give a flying **** . Delightful stuff

On 29/02/2024 at 13:09, Gizmo said:

They need to pay the piper one day for their outrageous get-out-of-jail-free cards when it comes to relegation. 

Amen, justice and relegation would be special.

Libertarian

I really hope that Aberdeen go down and stay down. Let's not forget that it was Aberdeen who along with Celtic voted to keep the 11-1 voting structure which is strangling Scottish football. They deserve everything that's coming to them 

Cameronstheman

Sure Aberdeen have spent a fortune this season after there Euro windfall and benefited nothing from if. Superb

Even if and when (imho) they do avoid relegation, there will be next to no one attending there bottom 6 home  fixture's as they lick there wounds 

Great stuff, couldn't happen to a more delusional club 

been here before

The loss of income if they were to go down coupled with the need to sign a new manager, players leaving and the fortune it must cost them for the upkeep of that shit hole they play in, could well see them gone for a while.

Shame that.

One of the things Aberdeen fans like to wave in rival club's fans faces, including Hearts fans, is the fact they've never been relegated. Calling us a yo-yo club is something I've seen on Facebook pages regularly.

I'd love for that record to be ripped up this season.

It would take a Hibs under Butcher level of collapse for this to happen.

Edited by Hansel

Bazzas right boot

Boo

Sheep in early. 

Zen Jambo

Warnock’s win ratio over a long career is very sub-par. 

I couldn’t work out the excitement of him coming north of the border and to the delight of dons fans. Baffling. 

And quelle surprise, there they are - winless and with a manager who couldn’t give a toss. 

Happy days. 

neilnunb
17 minutes ago, Hansel said:

One of the things Aberdeen fans like to wave in rival club's fans faces, including Hearts fans, is the fact they've never been relegated. Calling us a yo-yo club is something I've seen on Facebook pages regularly.

I'd love for that record to be ripped up this season.

It would take a Hibs under Butcher level of collapse for this to happen.

It's easy to escape relegation when you a) are saved by a team not meeting ground requirements and b) withdraw from the league when finishing bottom due to financial/travel problems during World War 1. 

Meanwhile, Hearts get relegated due to a 15 point deduction and due to Covid. Obviously the 70s when we were shit is fair enough.

St mirren will come back... 

Edited by IanF86

been here before

:Robbie:

Cannae beat a last minute penalty :rofl:

Ahhhh haud on a minute....

Its 2-1 St Mirren :rofl:

Edited by been here before

milky_26
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

:Robbie:

Cannae beat a last minute penalty :rofl: