*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Yeah as others have said definitely start Cammy. He's a tenacious little shit and gets stuck in. We need that in a derby. I'm torn between starting Zander or Craig however. 

I am not.

Play your best players.

Gordon is easily our best goalie.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

Steveww9764

Weds game is so important after the heavy defeat in Glasgow. Last week we were massive favorites to win against the wee team . In my office this morning they are all Hibees by the way that’s the best they have played all season was the quote and quite looking forward to the game now , let’s do that shower and move on to Sunday 3-1

Shanks double 

Disser Pointon
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Funny what 1 game can do eh. We lose to Rangers at Ibrox which was always likely, after a superb run of wins. Hibs win their first game since the start of December at home to Dundee and all of a sudden there's doubts kicking in. Now Hibs apparently are a good side and we have something to fear all because of 1 result. 

The Rangers defeat is maybe the reality check the team needed, and know there's no room for complacency. I'm sure Naisy will have drilled into them what's required for Wednesday and would like to think we'll put them in their place as we almost always do. 

Spot on, it's Hibs, it's one of the most one sided derby's on the planet and one bad result in weeks is not going to change that. I for one like my little Hibbies with a bit of confidence anyway, it never ends well for them.

1 minute ago, Disser Pointon said:

Spot on, it's Hibs, it's one of the most one sided derby's on the planet and one bad result in weeks is not going to change that. I for one like my little Hibbies with a bit of confidence anyway, it never ends well for them.

Absolutely, always the best time to get them!

Heartsofgold

I know it's Hibs and we (rightly) expect to hammer them BUT I would sound an air of caution here.

The players will, or at least SHOULD, be smarting after the weekends performance and we need to lay down a marker but that does not mean lose our shape or composure.  

I feel this game will be a lot tighter than we imagine BUT I will happily eat humble pie if I'm wrong.

Going a tight 2-1 for us.

Walter Bishop

We need to start like Rangers did against us, right on the front foot, get at their defence. They look decent going forward but their defence looks terrible. 

4-2-3-1
Gordon 

Kingsley 

Rowles

Kent 

Cochrane 

Beni 

Niuwenhoff 

Oda

Forrest 

Vargas 

Shankland 

8 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

We need to start like Rangers did against us, right on the front foot, get at their defence. They look decent going forward but their defence looks terrible. 

4-2-3-1
Gordon 

Kingsley 

Rowles

Kent 

Cochrane 

Beni 

Niuwenhoff 

Oda

Forrest 

Vargas 

Shankland 

Kingsley at RB??

Also Vargas is a striker and far more effective through the middle. 

Scott Leitch
13 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

4-2-3-1
Gordon 

Kingsley 

Rowles

Kent 

Cochrane 

Beni 

Niuwenhoff 

Oda

Forrest 

Vargas 

Shankland 

Kingsley at right back isn't for me. He's never played there. Playing right side of a back 3 is very different. 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Yeah, Rowles certainly has been good of late. Our horsing at Mordor wasn't just down to two players.

Not sure about Natty/ Dexter though. Not much between them really.

Agreed about Rowles.

For me it's Natty for a back 4, Dex for a back 3.

Bazzas right boot

Games v this gang have been close in recent years, and I don't see a hammering here.

Will be a tight game.

2-1 Hearts.

We need to be wary of them on the counter, I think they'll drop deep and draw us on to them and look for the ball over the top.

I think we'll have a bit room much for them, but it will be a tough game.

Ron Burgundy

I know Saturday was our first defeat in a long time but the fact that I witnessed just how badly and meekly we played and that we are capable of a performance like that has me worried for Wednesday.

Please for the love of God make that a one off.

I'm bricking it already but usually am for derby's.

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I know Saturday was our first defeat in a long time but the fact that I witnessed just how badly and meekly we played and that we are capable of a performance like that has me worried for Wednesday.

Feel much the same. I was really looking forward to the derby before Saturday and I still am but just not quite as much.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Games v this gang have been close in recent years, and I don't see a hammering here.

Will be a tight game.

2-1 Hearts.

We need to be wary of them on the counter, I think they'll drop deep and draw us on to them and look for the ball over the top.

I think we'll have a bit room much for them, but it will be a tough game.

I hope that is their plan. I've not seen much of Hibs this season but if they are capable of pressing us high up the pitch then that would be their best bet.

They are decent in wide areas and Rangers destroyed us on Saturday.  Back to basics, work hard, maintain discipline and get a grip of midfield and we’ll  have enough to do them.  No brain farts please.

upgotheheads
20 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Kingsley at RB??

Kingsley has played there a few times and been good. Nat had a stinker on Saturday, and Vargas can play in a 4-2-3-1

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, H2 said:

If we get our A game on, We could pup 7 or more past them.

Seriously, where does this optimism come from?  I can understand fans being confident of winning but we have never at any point this season looked remotely capable of scoring 7 in the league, or even 5 or 6.  We’ve only scored 3 twice and that was a couple of tight recent games we could have lost to Dundee. 

It will be a close derby, as most are, whether we win lose or draw. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Arry said:

They are decent in wide areas and Rangers destroyed us on Saturday.  Back to basics, work hard, maintain discipline and get a grip of midfield and we’ll  have enough to do them.  No brain farts please.

Yep, cut out the brain farts and no red cards and we should have enough.  They could cause us problems with Boyle and Youn’s pace getting in behind though, especially if we play 3 at the back so just start 4–2-3-1 please instead of switching to it at half time when the 3 isn’t working again. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I hope that is their plan. I've not seen much of Hibs this season but if they are capable of pressing us high up the pitch then that would be their best bet.

It will be their plan, generally results at Tynecastle over the last 5 years or so have been tight.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, H2 said:

If we get our A game on, We could pup 7 or more past them.

And when this doesn't happen folk get  frustrated. 

Hopefully you are right, but where does the logic come from that we'll score 7+ goals?

11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Kingsley has played there a few times and been good. Nat had a stinker on Saturday, and Vargas can play in a 4-2-3-1

No he hasn't? He's played on the right of a back 3 but that's not the same as RB. Kingsley has never played RB in his puff.

Just now, Chimp said:

No he hasn't? He's played on the right of a back 3 but that's not the same as RB. Kingsley has never played RB in his puff.

I’m sure he’s been moved there during mid match changes but not started there. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m sure he’s been moved there during mid match changes but not started there. 

If he has it must have been a one off or because there was literally no other option. Can't recall him ever playing on the right of a back 4. Playing Kingsley at RB would be a bad move and there's no way Naismith will be starting him there on wed. 

Walter Bishop
42 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Kingsley at RB??

Kingsley has to play, he’s shown he’s more than capable on the right side and is a far better option than Atkinson and Dexter. 

Vargas was outstanding on the left against Motherwell. We are so much better with Shankland as focal point and the rest playing off him. 

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Kingsley has to play, he’s shown he’s more than capable on the right side and is a far better option than Atkinson and Dexter. 

Vargas was outstanding on the left against Motherwell. We are so much better with Shankland as focal point and the rest playing off him. 

I agree Kingsley has to play, but in the position he's best at which is LB.

Walter Bishop
Just now, Chimp said:

I agree Kingsley has to play, but in the position he's best at which is LB.

You’d drop Cochrane? 

Kingsley has slotted in on the right before and regularly plays on right of a back 3. Could play there no problem. 

17 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Seriously, where does this optimism come from?  I can understand fans being confident of winning but we have never at any point this season looked remotely capable of scoring 7 in the league, or even 5 or 6.  We’ve only scored 3 twice and that was a couple of tight recent games we could have lost to Dundee. 

It will be a close derby, as most are, whether we win lose or draw. 

Seriously, where does this pesismism and lack of ambition come from🤣. ? Have fun!

feedthefox

Don't think we should be altering anything from what has served us so well of late which means Clark should stay in goal

4-2-3-1
Zander

Kingsley 

Rowles

Kent 

Cochrane 

Beni 

Niuwenhoff 

Oda

Forrest 

Vargas 

Shankland 

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

You’d drop Cochrane? 

Kingsley has slotted in on the right before and regularly plays on right of a back 3. Could play there no problem. 

I probably would yeah, Kingsley is a more rounded player and better defensively. On recent form I'd even rather have him in at CB next to Kent if we were to play Cochrane. I don't think shoehorning players into positions is a good idea as we've seen in the past it rarely works.

29 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Agree with most of that. As alarming as it was Saturday that was an anomaly compared to our previous three months. I didn't think we would take the pasting we did and it left a bad taste in the mouth, the longer the game went on the weaker we looked and the worry is that hangs over into Wednesday.

It's important we start well;  disciplined and composed. I think we'll play our way into the game and will have enough to overcome them but as pointed out by others they do have a danger on the attack that we need to be aware of though their defence is stinking and if we can impose our game on them we should pose them far more issues than they can give us.

I also get nervous and hate the run up to these games but generally feel okay during them, hopefully the players are on it.

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And when this doesn't happen folk get  frustrated. 

Hopefully you are right, but where does the logic come from that we'll score 7+ goals?

Have you watched Hibs?
We are well capable of scoring more than 7 goals against them. Just Believe!

Bongo 1874

Gordon

Lembikisa Kent Kingsley Cochrane 

Sibbick

Nieuwenhof  Fraser

Oda                           Forrest

Vargas 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon

Sibbick

Nieuwenhof  Fraser

Vargas 

Sibbick hahahaha shoe horned into a position he never plays. You're genuinely at the wind up now. No Shankland.

Give it up you imposter.

jambo_tar

Wouldn't be altering anything. Saturday aside, the team has been excellent of late. Relieved that we don't have to wait until the weekend to play again. Midweek game means we can move on. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
1 minute ago, jambo_tar said:

Wouldn't be altering anything. Saturday aside, the team has been excellent of late. Relieved that we don't have to wait until the weekend to play again. Midweek game means we can move on. 

Atkinson cannot start. Guy is a liability.

Ex member of the SaS

Not looking for a huge win, just a win! History means nothing no matter how many times we pump them it's a one off game. Will be tighter than some hope and we need to get fired up and at them from KO. Get the pace going and attack and we WILL win. Would love to see two or three before half time but I am afraid that won't happen. Would be great if we did and no stupid subs when ahead and keep playing for 90+ minutes.

Ex member of the SaS

Like the look of:

Gordon

Oda   Nieuwenhof  Fraser Forrest

Shanks Vargas

53 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Feel much the same. I was really looking forward to the derby before Saturday and I still am but just not quite as much.

Feeling slightly apprehensive about a derby is normal imo. All this stuff about how easily we'll pap them is fanciful. These games are often tight and stuffy. We should win but it's by no means straightforward. 

Naismith is 5 points from 12 against them so far. Good time to get his first win over them as boss in 3 attempts. 

jambo_tar
6 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Atkinson cannot start. Guy is a liability.

Are you basing that on the weekend alone? Who are you going to replace him with? Openly agree that he had a mare. Rangers have quality all over the pitch though and everything went right for them on the day. Think this is going to be a close affair but one we will win by a goal or two. 

Just now, Carter said:

Feeling slightly apprehensive about a derby is normal imo. All this stuff about how easily we'll pap them is fanciful. These games are often tight and stuffy. We should win but it's by no means straightforward. 

Naismith is 5 points from 12 against them so far. Good time to get his first win over them as boss in 3 attempts. 

First home win you mean. Yeah be a good time to get it.

Jambof3tornado
31 minutes ago, H2 said:

Have you watched Hibs?

Belief unfortunately is rarely enough on the pitch. We need to work harder than hibs and get the fans onside from the start,that involves being on the front foot,challenging every ball and taking chances when they come up. Aimless slow passing across the back will result in the fans getting nervous and that transfers back onto the pitch.

pettigrewsstylist

Anyone not turning up for this, for whatever reason, may well mark their card with SN.

Intae these mutants! This is Tynecastle.

Fozzyonthefence
37 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gordon

Sibbick

Nieuwenhof  Fraser

Vargas 

Jesus, what a honking team!  Would be hard to put a worse team on the park than that!

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Jesus, what a honking team!  Would be hard to put a worse team on the park than that!

Just thank the lord he isn't the manager. Because he is a Stendel lover he wants Sibbick to succeed when 95% of the support can see that he isn't going to make it in any position. As for leaving Shanks out, yip that's what you do, leave the guy that has scored 25 goals out the starting 11 at home, in a derby! He is the one player they will fear over anyone else. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
19 minutes ago, jambo_tar said:

Are you basing that on the weekend alone? Who are you going to replace him with? Openly agree that he had a mare. Rangers have quality all over the pitch though and everything went right for them on the day. Think this is going to be a close affair but one we will win by a goal or two. 

No, not on the weekend alone. As soon as I saw the team sheet before KO I was worried that he was starting. I honestly do not rate him and never have. I feel he gets caught of position so many times, doesn’t learn from his mistakes and cannot defend. I also feel that he loses his head easily and can’t handle the pressure when up against it. 

I would play lembikisa instead of Atkinson.

If I am Montgomery/Hibs I would be grinning from ear to ear if Atkinson starts on Wednesday. 

upgotheheads
44 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Don't think we should be altering anything from what has served us so well of late which means Clark should stay in goal

4-2-3-1
Zander

Kingsley 

Rowles

Kent 

Cochrane 

Beni 

Niuwenhoff 

Oda

Forrest 

Vargas 

Shankland 

That will do for me. We have had this problem at right-back for a couple of seasons and patched it with wing-backs unsuccessfully. 

44 minutes ago, H2 said:

Have you watched Hibs?

I thought we were capable of winning on Saturday to the extent I put a fiver on it. That went well.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, PapaShango said:

Just thank the lord he isn't the manager. Because he is a Stendel lover he wants Sibbick to succeed when 95% of the support can see that he isn't going to make it in any position. As for leaving Shanks out, yip that's what you do, leave the guy that has scored 25 goals out the starting 11 at home, in a derby! He is the one player they will fear over anyone else. 

Yep plus a guy at RB that simply can’t defend (ok Atkinson has his fair share of brain farts but still less bad at RB compared to Dexter) plus a LB playing CB in a 4 when he’s pretty weak in the air. 🤷‍♂️

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

No, not on the weekend alone. As soon as I saw the team sheet before KO I was worried that he was starting. I honestly do not rate him and never have. I feel he gets caught of position so many times, doesn’t learn from his mistakes and cannot defend. I also feel that he loses his head easily and can’t handle the pressure when up against it. 

I would play lembikisa instead of Atkinson.

If I am Montgomery/Hibs I would be grinning from ear to ear if Atkinson starts on Wednesday. 

I get what you’re saying about Atkinson but Dexter at RB at Ibrox or even against Hibs gives me the fear.   I’d go as far as to say I’d rather see Sibbick at RB ahead of Dexter (if it’s a 4 at the back).  It’s 3 not very good options, let’s be honest and needs addressing in the summer. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***