*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Carter said:

You referring to Danilo winner? I thought Kent was entirely at fault. He saw the Tavernier cross from the point of delivery. The fourth on Saturday was horribly similar. 

Kent has been superb for the most part this season. Rowles has improved vastly in recent months from being weak and easily bullied. Saturday was really bad from him though. 

Entirely?

Was he in goals then?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

57 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Even the competition from himself is ferocious!

At this point I’m convinced he’s doing it deliberately to wind folk up, because there’s no way someone can be this genuinely stupid 

Quite ludicrous comments re Shankland from that poster. What I will say though, and he's possibly alluding to this, when Shankland does leave (summer in all likelihood) we'll see a different attacking approach I suspect. I'm pretty sure Naismith will favour a very mobile and inter changeable front 3 in a 433 structure. We do play a particular way that suits Shankland and that's entirely logical given his goalscoring exploits. We'll most likely play very differently post Shankland.

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Quite ludicrous comments re Shankland from that poster. What I will say though, and he's possibly alluding to this, when Shankland does leave (summer in all likelihood) we'll see a different attacking approach I suspect. I'm pretty sure Naismith will favour a very mobile and inter changeable front 3 in a 433 structure. We do play a particular way that suits Shankland and that's entirely logical given his goalscoring exploits. We'll most likely play very differently post Shankland.

So let's wait until summer,for Shankland to leave,and not learn in the meantime how to play without him.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So let's wait until summer,for Shankland to leave,and not learn in the meantime how to play without him.

You grasped it, well done.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Correct.  Dropping a striker that is averaging a goal a game for about the last 20 games would be professional negligence / suicide and thankfully Naismith isn’t that stupid. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Have you been asleep for the last 3 months and just woken up on Saturday?

pettigrewsstylist

Geezo, constantly feeding it is trashing, totally trashing the matchday thread.🙈🙉

18 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Na, yer awrite! 🤣

You think Kent isn't at fault at that goal? 

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Have you been asleep for the last 3 months and just woken up on Saturday?

The weirdly positive, “let’s get behind the team” personality had come to dominance for a few months and now the other one has woken up and is angry. 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

It’s football, not the 100 meters

When you’re playing Hibs and the long hooda to Youan and Boyle then pace against them is important. Dexter for example played Duk out the game, as Toby did with the aforementioned two at Tynecastle before the frankly disastrous move to CH. Atkinson and Cochrane/Kingsley may struggle one on one. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Carter said:

Almost identical cross for the 4th goal on Saturday, a high looping cross that a decent GK has to come out for. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I’m not sure we have the players to do that right now mate. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Almost identical cross for the 4th goal on Saturday, a high looping cross that a decent GK has to come out for. 

Kent is caught under the ball at both goals. I do agree that a goalkeeper should ideally be coming for that, particularly as he can see it all the way and can take pressure off. But Kent shouldn't be seeing that cross from the point of delivery and getting done like that - twice. 

We do like to afford Tavernier the freedom of the right side of the park though. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, CMc said:

The weirdly positive, “let’s get behind the team” personality had come to dominance for a few months and now the other one has woken up and is angry. 

Some folk seem to  have low resilience and and have complete meltdowns when a little adversity hits.

It must be a internet persona, these folk cannot live or even support Hearts with such a  frail mentality.

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure we have the players to do that right now mate. 

I am.  We definitely don’t.   Buy hey, let’s drop our best player because he supports the Huns just to spite our face.  

I’m champing at the bit for this game honestly, wish we were playing them right now!

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Carter said:

Kent is caught under the ball at both goals. I do agree that a goalkeeper should ideally be coming for that, particularly as he can see it all the way and can take pressure off. But Kent shouldn't be seeing that cross from the point of delivery and getting done like that - twice. 

We do like to afford Tavernier the freedom of the right side of the park though. 

Agreed, they’ve obviously seen that as a weakness in his and Clarks  game. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I am.  We definitely don’t.   Buy hey, let’s drop our best player because he supports the Huns just to spite our face.  

I agree, but we are also currently keeping another of our best players out behind a guy thats not good enough to be our number 1.

Walter Bishop
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s just not true, Vargas has struggled on the left and we haven’t played well once with Shankland as the focal point. He needs a quick player beside him to create the space for him to play in around the box. 

You don’t to go to many games I take it? 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Some folk seem to  have low resilience and and have complete meltdowns when a little adversity hits.

It must be a internet persona, these folk cannot live or even support Hearts with such a  frail mentality.

Tell us more Sigmund Freud 🤪?!?!

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

You don’t to go to many games I take it? 

I see every game. Shankland needs a quick partner beside him. We play far better when Vargas is beside him, we barely score otherwise. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

No Idle Talk

I think this is the perfect fixture for us to have after Saturday's debacle. Nobody should need any motivating for this one. 

Let's get out there and give them a good rodgering. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I think this is the perfect fixture for us to have after Saturday's debacle. Nobody should need any motivating for this one. 

Definitely, the fans will be up for it under the lights, after a bit of time to get eh em “prepared” 🍻🥃 😜

Another Demolition Derby on the horizon......would be tremendous!!!

C'mon Hearts make it happen. 

FTH

:rudiyas:

:yas:

:robboyas:

:Shanks:

27 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I hope you're right. 

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just like Beni on Saturday then but people wax lyrical about him 😂 who's faster Beni or Sibbick no brainer.

Determining who’s quicker plays centre mid. **** me you’re worse than I thought.  

Der Kaiser

Thank you to the two folk in the main stand that can't make the game and put their tickets on the exchange.

:yas:

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Carter said:

You think Kent isn't at fault at that goal? 

He was, and at their third on Saturday. Eerily similar.  Hologram in goals both times though. Scorer not challenged by keeper at lengthy cross ball both times.  Think they thought Dessers was offside on Saturday. 

Go for it 1308
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It's amazing to think Shankland has never won a game against Rangers,in a Hearts jersey,Sibbick on the other hand 🤔.

Aw cmon mate....this is childish 🙄 

Go for it 1308
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree, but we are also currently keeping another of our best players out behind a guy thats not good enough to be our number 1.

This

1971fozzy

I’m thinking this will be a Shankland derby to remember. Even more so than usual. 
feed him and let him rip them a new *******

Bongo 1874
38 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Aw cmon mate....this is childish 🙄 

You are entitled to think that,and have an opinion mate, my objective is to beat Rangers&Celtic,unrealistic maybe? Deluded call it that if you want, I want committed players.

Sorry but that's way i am.

Bongo 1874
4 hours ago, H2 said:

I agree

Not allowed to say that.

Lord Beni

And Brother Shankland 

Free reign it seems.

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, H2 said:

100% agree that we need to work harder than hibs, be aggressive, get stuck right in. Beni's back passes and square balls are a no no. A slow game in a derby is a no no. But it is the belief the hard work and higher quality that can result is a 7 goal trouncing. We need to recover at least 5 after Saturday! Be on the "A game".

I wouldnt have Beni near the starting 11. Nowhere near where he was and stalling on signing a contract. Game over for him as far as I'm concerned.

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, he's a poor ch and Naismith has sussed him out. 

He's a Good lad, maybe he'll improve but he's about 5 choice ch and rightly so atm.

His days are numbered imo.

Hopefully he doesn't play as it will mean better players are injured.

Yes, that's why he did not let him go in the transfer window, he'll be back!

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, H2 said:

Yes, that's why he did not let him go in the transfer window, he'll be back!

Hopefully,  but he'll need ti improve. 

karipidis
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You are entitled to think that,and have an opinion mate, my objective is to beat Rangers&Celtic,unrealistic maybe? Deluded call it that if you want, I want committed players.

Sorry but that's way i am.

Shankland is very committed to Hearts. 

Thunder and Lightning
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tell us more Sigmund Freud 🤪?!?!

That from the guy that responded personally to any post criticising Robbie. 😂 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

That from the guy that responded personally to any post criticising Robbie. 😂 

I thought he was “Bob” tbh 🤪

Thunder and Lightning
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought he was “Bob” tbh 🤪

😂 

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m thinking this will be a Shankland derby to remember. Even more so than usual. 
feed him and let him rip them a new *******

👍  The ideal response to the Ibrox hammering is to run up a 5-0  on Wed night.  😎 

Arthur Morgan
16 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I get what you’re saying about Atkinson but Dexter at RB at Ibrox or even against Hibs gives me the fear.   I’d go as far as to say I’d rather see Sibbick at RB ahead of Dexter (if it’s a 4 at the back).  It’s 3 not very good options, let’s be honest and needs addressing in the summer. 

Absolutely correct. Dexter looks shocking defensively, I really hope we don't start him in a flat back 4 on Wednesday!

Arthur Morgan
9 hours ago, indianajones said:

We're going to ride them silly. 

Not so sure myself, but then I'm never confident going into a derby, even though I probably should be! 

They are awful defensively, but I guess I'm a little worried of the unknown that is Marcondes and Maolida. I haven't seen them play but their fans seem impressed. Either way, they are absolutely shocking defensively so we should be scoring a few.

9 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Not so sure myself, but then I'm never confident going into a derby, even though I probably should be! 

They are awful defensively, but I guess I'm a little worried of the unknown that is Marcondes and Maolida. I haven't seen them play but their fans seem impressed. Either way, they are absolutely shocking defensively so we should be scoring a few.

What little I’ve seen of them I’ve been impressed by Maolida. I think he’ll need watching. Marcondes looks like he’s useful going forward but shaky defensively. 

I don’t know about scoring a few, but we should win if we go about things in the right way.

They definitely have goals in them. Boyle, Marcondes, Maolida, Youan, Vente and Le Fondre are all capable of creating chances.

Their back line is atrocious though and their midfield really isn’t anything special. If we win the midfield battle then we limit them to counter attacks. 

If we limit them to counter attacks then we do need high energy defensive players to track runners so I do think there is merit in the Devlin and Sibbick suggestions

If Naismith has learned anything about who rises in a derby he’d get Devlin back in.  Esp off the back of a heavy defeat. 

We need a couple of players in there who are fearless and do the hard running.  Players who their team mates will see are ready to lead by example and blow away any fears of cageyness after Saturday.  

It takes a mix of course but I think there isn’t a better time to reintroduce Devlin.

I’d also be looking at Tait or Fraser along with Nieuwenhoff. 

PapaShango
12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

If Naismith has learned anything about who rises in a derby he’d get Devlin back in.  Esp off the back of a heavy defeat. 

We need a couple of players in there who are fearless and do the hard running.  Players who their team mates will see are ready to lead by example and blow away any fears of cageyness after Saturday.  

It takes a mix of course but I think there isn’t a better time to reintroduce Devlin.

I’d also be looking at Tait or Fraser along with Nieuwenhoff. 

Would really like Tait to start this one. I wanted him to start at Ibrox, purely on the basis out of all our midfield players he retains the ball better than anyone. He just keeps it simple, passes it, moves into space and takes it back. Its priceless in games where you don't get a lot of the ball. I'm not sure he will put him in, however if the Liverpool game on Sunday is anything to go by and giving youngsters an opportunity in a big game, then Naismith could do worse than play him. He's played Denholm from the start in a derby and I think Tait is a level above him. I wouldn't be against Devlin playing either if he is fit enough to start. Remember he has had 3 months out or so and only had 2 sub appearances, so not sure if his levels will allow a start.