*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, H2 said:

Have you watched Hibs?
We are well capable of scoring more than 7 goals against them. Just Believe!

Aye, watched us draw 2-2 and beat them 1-0.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

This might actually be the most ridiculous post I've ever read on here. Genuinely. 

Take a bow as the competition for that accolade is ferocious 🥳

Even the competition from himself is ferocious!

At this point I’m convinced he’s doing it deliberately to wind folk up, because there’s no way someone can be this genuinely stupid 

Malinga the Swinga

Been away down South for weekend and after seeing result, decided to give highlights and match threads a miss until now.

Looks like a good few posters couldn't wait to get vent their feelings having had to pretend they were okay with us being on winning streak. Congratulations to the Shankland out poster though, that is an exceptional take away from the game.

Hearts 3-0 winners over the deluded vermin on Wednesday and those sleekit rats on here to disappear back under their stones.

Boris5115

Um Bongo Um Bongo he drinks it in the Congo. Lay off the Juice Bongo FFS. Only the older guys will get this i think. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, watched us draw 2-2 and beat them 1-0.

and that was them probably at their best, and us not firing on all cylinders. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

That will do for me. We have had this problem at right-back for a couple of seasons and patched it with wing-backs unsuccessfully. 

I thought we were capable of winning on Saturday to the extent I put a fiver on it. That went well.

Bad news, so did I, and some more when we ent a goal down and got 22/1

Bazzas right boot
Just now, H2 said:

and that was them probably at their best, and us not firing on all cylinders. 

I don't see a 7 goal + win on Wednesday. 

NORVTHEDUCK

Gordon

Sibbick       Kent        Kingsley

Devlin

Lembikisa                  Cochrane

Beningime  Niewenhof

Shankland  Forrest

This for me 

Sibbick is due a game against Hibs 

That goal at Easter Rd 

2 wing backs pushing high

Bazzas right boot

Folk aren't entertaining the Bongo man are they?

Dropping Shankland for the rest of the season or maybe even 18 months is probably the most ridiculous thing on the Internet atm.

Maybe ever.

jambo_tar
1 hour ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

No, not on the weekend alone. As soon as I saw the team sheet before KO I was worried that he was starting. I honestly do not rate him and never have. I feel he gets caught of position so many times, doesn’t learn from his mistakes and cannot defend. I also feel that he loses his head easily and can’t handle the pressure when up against it. 

I would play lembikisa instead of Atkinson.

If I am Montgomery/Hibs I would be grinning from ear to ear if Atkinson starts on Wednesday. 

It's a position that we need to strengthen in for definite. Atkinson is far from ideal, I agree but I think he's a better defender than Dexter. We'll score goals against Hibs, so if we can keep things sensible and tight at the back, we'll win the game. 

Bongo 1874
54 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Aye cause Shankland looks gutted everytime he scores. Give. It. Up. 

He's that happy then why doesn't he commit his future to the club,that got his career back on track ?

Watt-Zeefuik

Who forgot to give Bongo his meds today?

Must have dreamed Rangers swarming Shanks every time he touched the ball anywhere near the box.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Belief unfortunately is rarely enough on the pitch. We need to work harder than hibs and get the fans onside from the start,that involves being on the front foot,challenging every ball and taking chances when they come up. Aimless slow passing across the back will result in the fans getting nervous and that transfers back onto the pitch.

100% agree that we need to work harder than hibs, be aggressive, get stuck right in. Beni's back passes and square balls are a no no. A slow game in a derby is a no no. But it is the belief the hard work and higher quality that can result is a 7 goal trouncing. We need to recover at least 5 after Saturday! Be on the "A game".

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He's that happy then why doesn't he commit his future to the club,that got his career back on track ?

You really need to stop it now. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I don't see a 7 goal + win on Wednesday. 

Polish your crystal ball:leveinnaturalorder:

Bongo 1874
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I guess he must have forgotten who he supports when he scored in the last two games at Ibrox and in the semi final. 

Rangers wont fear any of our players but I can guarantee the one name they’d be pleased to see missing off our team sheet would be Shanks.  And the one they’d be delighted to see would be Sibbick!  

Just like Beni on Saturday then but people wax lyrical about him 😂 who's faster Beni or Sibbick no brainer.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, H2 said:

Polish your crystal ball:leveinnaturalorder:

👍

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You really need to stop it now. 

It's true, we are playing a player that has no intentions of being at the club in the long term.

And you wonder why players can't match them, he's the captain the leader of the team,but he doesn't want to be here.

Sign the deal ? If you are Mr Hearts.

Prove me wrong.

Bazzas right boot

Just like Beni on Saturday then but people wax lyrical about him 😂 who's faster Beni or Sibbick no brainer.

Sibbick can lose concentration, but that's a bit  harsh a nickname for him.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Oh! You were talking about a footrace! Ah, yes, definitely Sibbick then. Phew, for a moment I thought we were talking about playing defensive mid in the Hibs game.

Ricardo Quaresma
29 minutes ago, Carter said:

Been a massive critic of Rowles. He's improved considerably in recent months. That was absolute dogshit from him on Saturday. 

Not sure much has been made of it but Kent is criminal at the 4th goal. Shades of Danillo winner earlier in the season. Although how its not handball against Dessers I've no idea. 

He wasn't the only one complicit in that goal, though, was he?

I can't remember where he was, but I'd guess maybe putting out someone else's fire?

Bazzas right boot

It's true, we are playing a player that has no intentions of being at the club in the long term.

And you wonder why players can't match them, he's the captain the leader of the team,but he doesn't want to be here.

Prove me wrong.

Stoap it.

You're embarrassing yourself.

In fact, carry on, I need to not engage.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I agree

Berrassobad

Came looking for insightful knowledge per thread title. Left knowing a village is missing its idiot. 

Edited by Berrassobad

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I can't remember where he was, but I'd guess maybe putting out someone else's fire?

Kent was primarily culpable for both the 4th and 5th goals and IIRC wasn't in great position on the 3rd either.

I'm not going to slate him because it was one bad day but if we're slating players for having a bad day at the shop it should be doled out fairly. Kent was shockingly awful on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sibbick can lose concentration, but that's a bit  harsh a nickname for him.

PMSL, he might, but he works every minute on the park, and is more worthy than many after Saturday's concentration levels.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, H2 said:

PMSL, he might, but he works every minute on the park, and is more worthy than many after Saturday's concentration levels.

Nah, he's a poor ch and Naismith has sussed him out. 

He's a Good lad, maybe he'll improve but he's about 5 choice ch and rightly so atm.

His days are numbered imo.

Hopefully he doesn't play as it will mean better players are injured.

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Deffo wants more money and is prepared to wait

I do think the salary will likely be backdated to start of negotiations late last year; maybe that would explain how 'relaxed' all parties were reported as being, in the press

Then again, could be wrong

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Kent was primarily culpable for both the 4th and 5th goals and IIRC wasn't in great position on the 3rd either.

I'm not going to slate him because it was one bad day but if we're slating players for having a bad day at the shop it should be doled out fairly. Kent was shockingly awful on Saturday.

The winner at ibrox earlier, bud 👍

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I do think the salary will likely be backdated to start of negotiations late last year; maybe that would explain how 'relaxed' all parties were reported as being, in the press

That would make sense. We're not run by idiots, so I think Shanks will be getting as good a deal as we can possibly put together. 

Just hope its enough. 

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Prove me wrong.

You're really rambling now. 

Maybe time to step away from the keyboard. 

You have managed to catch one or two, so maybe just settle for that 

Red Card Ref
3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I know Saturday was our first defeat in a long time but the fact that I witnessed just how badly and meekly we played and that we are capable of a performance like that has me worried for Wednesday.

Please for the love of God make that a one off.

I'm bricking it already but usually am for derby's.

Feel the exact same. The absolute fear of losing a derby weighs heavy. Saturday's result has made things worse in terms or anxiety, despite knowing previous results play no part in derbies. I'm always a wreck right up until the players walk out. 41 years old and the toilet still takes an absolute plastering in the run up to these games! Too much info?

Bongo 1874
8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

We offered him a very good deal.

Why didn't he sign it.

For once I'm backing the club on this one,they aren't at fault for this.

Gino situation different,never should of been allowed to get to the end of his deal.

Shankland’s been offered very good terms,and I'm not Savage or McKinlays biggest fans but they aren't at fault here.

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 hours ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Atkinson cannot start. Guy is a liability.

And yet he was outstanding against Motherwell 🤷‍♂️

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

That would make sense. We're not run by idiots, so I think Shanks will be getting as good a deal as we can possibly put together. 

Just hope its enough. 

It would make sense to include property, I reckon, from a tax perspective and the rising value of it

Anyway. back on topic

FTH!!!!

davemclaren

Atkinson is better defensively than Dexter imo do I would play him, regardless of Saturday's disaster. 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why didn't he sign it.

Gino situation different,never should of been allowed to get to the end of his deal.

Shankland’s been offered very good terms,and I'm not Savage or McKinley biggest fans but they aren't at fault here.

Don't think he was ever going to decide anything until the summer

The club have offered a contract, I don't know if he's actually turned it down, or just said 'maybe', effectively, but it's not over yet, whatever happened

ArcticJambo
On 25/02/2024 at 09:55, ramrod said:

A win and yesterday will be quickly forgotten, a defeat , with Celtic to come and we'd be looking  at 3 defeats in a row.

Given last seasons capitulation that would be a bit of a worry.

Up to the players to confirm yesterday was a bad day at the office against a very good team.

For what it's worth I can't see Naismith dropping Zander, we will probably revert to a back 4 with most players getting a chance to redeem themselves. 

This makes sense. I'd probably go with Devlin for Grant and Forrest for Fraser, mind.

20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It’s football, not the 100 meters

1971fozzy
18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Prove me wrong.

your having a mare.  When he scores on Wednesday I look forward to reading your comments

Watt-Zeefuik
13 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The winner at ibrox earlier, bud 👍

Ah sorry, that was clear enough in your post. I'm going to blame the COVID I've just got over.

1971fozzy
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why didn't he sign it.

Shankland’s been offered very good terms,and I'm not Savage or McKinlays biggest fans but they aren't at fault here.

nobody’s saying the clubs at fault. He’s happy here , new deal or not. Like every player in the world he’s likely waiting to see what his options are. The days of a LeTissier or Gary Mackay are well over I’m afraid.

He is the best striker we have had since John Robertson and that’s a fact like it or not. We don’t drop a player like that for your reasoning.

Watt-Zeefuik
11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why didn't he sign it.

Since you keep asking this, I'll give you the answer once and hopefully it will go away.

He hasn't signed because he's focused on banging goals into the net. He's got a whole 17 months on his contract so there's no urgency, and he didn't feel he was ready to do so. You're ready to ship off the greatest striker we've had this century with a lot left on his contract in a fit of pique.

With this much time on his deal, Gino had been a mix of decent, injured, sick, and shite. That's why we didn't extend him at that point.

Now put the phone away and go have a lie down until you've calmed a bit.

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Why should he when he will likely have options to earn a lot more money elsewhere?  It’s a short career and he’s not had any big money moves so far, this summer will likely be his last chance.  I hope he stays for the remaining 18 months or even better, extends his contract, but I’d be amazed if he does the latter and surprised at even the former. 

As for getting his career back on track that’s mostly down to his amazing form.  We gave him the platform to do it and he’s repaying us in spades with loads of goals.  We have nothing to moan about, just enjoy him while he’s here.  What happens will happen.  

Bongo 1874
10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

your having a mare.  When he scores on Wednesday I look forward to reading your comments

I genuinely hope he does,the boys a good player,I just question his loyalty.

ollie2004
19 minutes ago, OTT said:

Just hope its enough. 

Just have to wait and see, as I see it just now we are in the driving seat, he has almost 18 months left on his contract, the Euro's are a big draw for him as as is European football. No body bid, as far as we know, for him in January why not. He seems to be an old fashioned centre forward who scores goals, not blessed with pace which most big clubs are looking for. So what if he supports or supported Sevco, not a problem for me. Was Robbo not about to sign for the Vermin before joining us?

Fozzyonthefence

I genuinely hope he does,the boys a good player,I just question his loyalty.

Maybe we should just sign Hearts fans then?  I wonder how far down the league table we would be with that policy?  Even then most would still want to leave to triple or quadruple (or more) their wages just like Calum Paterson Craig Gordon, Christophe Berra did.  Can’t blame them, I’d do exactly the same for my family.  

Give it up Bongo, you’re having a ****ing mare today!

41 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You referring to Danilo winner? I thought Kent was entirely at fault. He saw the Tavernier cross from the point of delivery. The fourth on Saturday was horribly similar. 

Kent has been superb for the most part this season. Rowles has improved vastly in recent months from being weak and easily bullied. Saturday was really bad from him though.