*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

Benny Klack

Their (tiny) peckers will be up after today’s results.

Forrest back in from the start please and go for the throat from the off.

No mercy. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

__________Gordon

___???__Kent__Kingsley__Cochrane

Nieuwenhoff__Baningime

__Vargas__Fraser__Forrest

_________Shankland

The right back needs to be Natty, Dex or Toby and I’m not sure which one I’d be confident with, all capable of playing well but there’s howlers to be had

Gordon

Kent              Kingsley

Dexter                                                        Cochrane

Devlin             Hoff

Shankland                     

Oda                                       Vargas         Forrest

Freshen it up. Got to take it right at them from the first whistle. Play the players in their positions that play to their strengths.

Play down the flanks. We have good quality off the bench also.

Need to be beat HIbs as Dundee are playing Celtic midweek I think.

After todays results this makes it a massive game. Hopefully the six people watching SKY's coverage of Livingstone V Motherwell are treated to a cracker..........

14 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

__________Gordon

Nieuwenhoff__Baningime

_________Shankland

The right back needs to be Natty, Dex or Toby and I’m not sure which one I’d be confident with, all capable of playing well but there’s howlers to be had

Kingsley right back. Rowles middle. 

south morocco
14 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

__________Gordon

Nieuwenhoff__Baningime

_________Shankland

Yeah RB needs addressed in the summer, would Play Atkinson on Wednesday 

4-3-3. Let's make sure we dominate the midfield. And I'd bring Gordon back. Natty was awful today, but I'd have him just ahead of Dexter.

Gordon

Atkinson

Kent

Kingsley

Cochrane

Nieuwenhof

Beni

Devlin

Vargas

Shankland

Forrest

Beni can sit and the other two can be a bit more box to box. Grant doesn't offer enough and I'd rather have an extra battler in there over Fraser for this one.

Chuck Berry

4-2-3-1 and don't deviate too much from what has got us 11 clear in third. Do that and we'll tuck them away.

colinmorewasgash

They have some firepower now maolida is dangerous striker wiggy was diving all over shop in highlights as usual some decent play with bournemouth guys in midfield but they were very open to counter attacks and defence is still all over shop has rocky back with fish and miller at rb and obita at lb and marshall who is playing through knock. I think we will edge it but wdnt be surprised if its draw then again its hubz  3 2

Scott Leitch
11 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Kingsley right back. Rowles middle. 

Christ no. Kingsley can't be playing right back.

gregzy2k7

Team need a boot up the arse from the manager after that shit show at ibrox (it really was that bad)

Anyway games done so no point feeling sorry for ourselves,

Naismith however has some big calls to make for this one, imo he should be bringing Craig Gordon back in and not thinking twice about it.

For me the team should be 

Gordon

Dexter Kent Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Hoff

Vargas Fraser Forrest

Shanks 

2-0 Hearts Fraser and Shanks to score. 

Don’t think we’ll see wholesale changes. I do think Gordon returns in goal

Gordon

Atkinson

Kent

Kingsley

Cochrane 

Beni / Devlin 

Nieuwenhof 

Grant

Vargas

Shankland

Forrest. 

The usual rushed shite on show in derbies and a fingernail biting 2-1 win for the good guys. 

Edited by GinRummy

1971fozzy
12 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

I really think we have the potential to really struggle with Boyle and youan, which frustrates the shit out of me cos they're generally pish against all the rest.  Add in those 2 new loans, and the way our defence played today, then there's weakness there no matter how we might dress it up.  Yeah I know it's still hibs, but still

1) Hibs are not Rangers so our defence will be fine.

2) Its at Tynecastle not Ibrox.

3) Weve beat plenty hibs sides with Boyle playing.

4) And we’ve got Lawrence Shankland.

yesterday was shit but Rangers will scud plenty teams by that sort of margin..  not saying I like it but it happens. Wednesday will not be anything like the same pressure 

Edited by 1971fozzy

42 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

1) Hibs are not Rangers so our defence will be fine.

2) Its at Tynecastle not Ibrox.

3) Weve beat plenty hibs sides with Boyle playing.

4) And we’ve got Lawrence Shankland.

yesterday was shit but Rangers will scud plenty teams by that sort of margin..  not saying I like it but it happens. Wednesday will not be anything like the same pressure 

Any game of football can run away from you if you don’t start well and you’ve not recovered your confidence.  It’s the biggest sole thing for us v Hibs- to regain confidence quickly.  

54 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

I'd play Devlin. Get in about them in the middle of the park.  

With Tait and Hoff in the middle.   Lembikisa back in at RB, Kingsley and Kent at CH, Cochrane back to LB.    No second chances right away for some from yesterday, imo.  Time to hand responsibility back to some who’ve sat out lately and been bit part.  Forrest and Vargas either side of Shankland.  

pettigrewsstylist

Big call on

Gordon/Clark

Natty/Dex

Beni/Cammy. As i dont think Hoff dropped.

Bob Loblaw

Hibs will cause problems going forward, they have some decent attacking players. They are defensively awful though which means we'll get chances and they can't sit in. Midfield is key. I'd get Devlin back in, his energy and ball winning is huge in a game like this.

Captain Canada

I'm torn about who should play in goals. Zander looked like he should have done better with the 5th goal, but he didn't have much chance with the others. 

Having Gordon back would give everyone a boost though. 

I'd probably go for this team. 

Gordon 

Dexter Kent Kingsley Cochrane

Beni Devlin Hoff

Forrest Shankland Vargas 

Let's not give them anything to be encouraged about at the start of the game.

Team needs to be focused and on it, let's get on the front foot right from the start, be tidy in possession and be at them out of possession.

It's a derby so there is no place for shite bags.

They will be a threat going forward but their defence is honking so let's test them out early, get the ball down the channels, turn them, get balls and bodies into the box.

Big test to see how we react, I’m hoping this is the perfect game to bounce back to. If it had been a St J etc maybe they’d think back to easy street, this one they’ll need to be up for.

Hibs have a decent front line with pace and will look to come at us from KO, important we don’t concede early get through the first 20 minutes of 90mph usual derby football then take control of the midfield. 

I’d get all the pace we have on the pitch and run at their back line we need to push them back if we allow them a high line they’ll be able to use their pace, get that back 4 deep and they’ll resort to hoofball to Boyle.

42 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

With Tait and Hoff in the middle.   Lembikisa back in at RB, Kingsley and Kent at CH, Cochrane back to LB.    No second chances right away for some from yesterday, imo.  Time to hand responsibility back to some who’ve sat out lately and been bit part.  Forrest and Vargas either side of Shankland.  

I'm a Devlin fan boy so personally I'd always play him. I was an advocate for playing him yesterday. Just think he stops other teams from getting a foothold in the game

A win and yesterday will be quickly forgotten, a defeat , with Celtic to come and we'd be looking  at 3 defeats in a row.

Given last seasons capitulation that would be a bit of a worry.

Up to the players to confirm yesterday was a bad day at the office against a very good team.

For what it's worth I can't see Naismith dropping Zander, we will probably revert to a back 4 with most players getting a chance to redeem themselves. 

18 minutes ago, feej said:

Let's not give them anything to be encouraged about at the start of the game.

Team needs to be focused and on it, let's get on the front foot right from the start, be tidy in possession and be at them out of possession.

It's a derby so there is no place for shite bags.

They will be a threat going forward but their defence is honking so let's test them out early, get the ball down the channels, turn them, get balls and bodies into the box.

Good post, about sum it up for me.

5 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Good post, about sum it up for me.

I'm sure Naisy will have them refocused as he won't accept another yesterday.

We also need to ignore their theatrics, Boyles diving, Newell putting the boot in etc.

1 minute ago, feej said:

I'm sure Naisy will have them refocused as he won't accept another yesterday.

We also need to ignore their theatrics, Boyles diving, Newell putting the boot in etc.

Agree on both points. I’m sure SN accepts that we can’t afford to start as slowly as we have been recently.  When you clock on you should be ready to start work, not rock up 45 minutes late, yawning, with a slice of toast in your hand .

I don’t know who the ref is for Wednesday? But we can’t rely on him or VAR, as you say , ignore their tactics and put in a thorough performance.

1971fozzy
3 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Agree on both points. I’m sure SN accepts that we can’t afford to start as slowly as we have been recently.  When you clock on you should be ready to start work, not rock up 45 minutes late, yawning, with a slice of toast in your hand .

I don’t know who the ref is for Wednesday? But we can’t rely on him or VAR, as you say , ignore their tactics and put in a thorough performance.

it’s Clancy

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

it’s Clancy

:facepalm:   Just  have to make sure we don’t need him for anything, just go do our job, and beat the cheating gits.

Edited by jamboozy

We’ve generally responded well to poor results under Naismith so expect nothing less again here.

They're utter ***** defensively.

1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

I do wonder what Hearts we'll see on Wednesday, a big defeat like that y'day full of individual errors may dictate that we play safe which may or may not be a good thing.

I think as long as we take care of the ball when we have it and try and manage the game we'll be fine, be physical, cut out the misplaced 5 yard passes, cut out running sideways across the park into traffic with the ball, no players hiding and playing on the poriforary.

Clark, Natty, Rowles, Grant and beni all on the bench. Replace with Gordon, Dexter, Fraser, Forrest and Devlin. I’d be lining up a 4,3,1,2. Calem deserves his place alongside Devlin and Fraser. 

We need days like yesterday to show us that we shouldn’t get carried away and that third place is not a given. So disappointing was the lack of fight and for a 5 man midfield then we were overrun. Lucky it was just 5 however nothing like a derby up next game to make a statement that yesterday was a one of and just a bad day at the office.

I’m sure Naisy’s team will have then prepared and the five who deserve to sit out should take note. Some of our Aussies are still dining out on the knockout stage against Messi and the Argentina WC win. Let them think about that from the bench. I’d also have Toby on the bench and to come on before our two Aussie superstars…..just to bring them back down to earth.  

Just now, feej said:

I do wonder what Hearts we'll see on Wednesday, a big defeat like that y'day full of individual errors may dictate that we play safe which may or may not be a good thing.

I think as long as we take care of the ball when we have it and try and manage the game we'll be fine, be physical, cut out the misplaced 5 yard passes, cut out running sideways across the park into traffic with the ball, no players hiding and playing on the poriforary.

Yeah, if I was one of our players, I would want to go out and try and rescue some reputation on Wednesday night. It’s the Derby, if you can’t get yourself up for that then  nothing will.

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Crisis if we don't. 

Calm yerself down to a panic.

49 minutes ago, ramrod said:

A win and yesterday will be quickly forgotten, a defeat , with Celtic to come and we'd be looking  at 3 defeats in a row.

Given last seasons capitulation that would be a bit of a worry.

Up to the players to confirm yesterday was a bad day at the office against a very good team.

For what it's worth I can't see Naismith dropping Zander, we will probably revert to a back 4 with most players getting a chance to redeem themselves. 

Correct and Wednesday is a big test of the character of our players and whether they have what it takes to put a bad defeat behind them.

It also shows that we still have several areas of concern in our team and until those are sorted then we are never going to imporve on being third best. or to hang onto that position.

25 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Yeah, if I was one of our players, I would want to go out and try and rescue some reputation on Wednesday night. It’s the Derby, if you can’t get yourself up for that then  nothing will.

Indeed, our lads have been over the course before and I think some of Hibs new players will shit it which can only be a good thing.

Just now, feej said:

Indeed, our lads have been over the course before and I think some of Hibs new players will shit it which can only be a good thing.

👍

Just now, jamboozy said:

👍

Enjoy the match buddy, I'm sure we'll be celebrating another win and another 3 points in our quest to 3rd place.

1 minute ago, feej said:

Enjoy the match buddy, I'm sure we'll be celebrating another win and another 3 points in our quest to 3rd place.

Thanks feej, I will be well up for this one, by Tuesday you could probably charge batteries off me, I’ll be aw electric.:lol:

Just now, jamboozy said:

Thanks feej, I will be well up for this one, by Tuesday you could probably charge batteries off me, I’ll be aw electric.:lol:

Lol, I'm an old bloke these days, getting grumpier by the day but the excitement is still there as well as the tension. In truth I hate these games more than any other.

Got quite a few "wee team" mates so it's always good to get one over them. To be fair to them they know they're shite.

Jamb04life

Hope to see 

Gordon

Dexter

Kent

Kingsley

Cochrane

Beni

Devlin

Hoff

Forrest

Shanks

Vargas

Devlin and Hoff more than capable of getting forward from middle of park. It has to be a 4 at the back. I think the only reason we play the 5 is to get Rowles/Kingsley/Cochrane into the team. I’d rather we focussed on getting the our best attacking players on the park like both Forrest and Vargas. Don’t think this is a game for Grant and game suited to start with Devlin over Fraser just now. Would have no issues with Tait either to be fair 

Great game to put the disappointment of yesterday behind us! 

Confidence will have taken a hit from yesterday's game, no question, but saying that, it's only h1b5.

Think it'll be tight, much like the last Derby, so 1-0 shanks

:Shanks:

FTH

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Calm yerself down to a panic.

Been here before or are we still nap for third. Be careful how you answer 😉 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***