*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

Hearts1975
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It was very soft and imo shouldn't have been a pk.

You do.

Fair doos.

It's ok to have different opinions. No issue with that. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He wasn’t clutching anything 

Aye, your right. I hadn't watched it back since it happened. I thought he did at the time. 

Stand by what I said though. Haven't changed my mind on whether it was a penalty after seeing it again. The fact that Vargas made a meal of it is neither here nor there.

There was definite contact from their player, and that's a penalty as the ball would have still been In play and Vargas could have retrieved it, If he hadn't went down. 

80% of penalties given in the game, the player always makes the most of it. Vargas won't be the first, and he most definetely won't be the last. 

Edited by Hearts1975

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Indeed, but the suggestion is that after the review, the pen the ref gives is for the foul on Forrest not the one on Vargas. the ref is not obliged to tell the defenders which one of the two fouls he was giving the penalty for. It's quite possible that the ref missed the first foul, gave the second, but then changed his mind and gave the one on Forrest as it came first.

Yip, we'll never know as they don't tell us.  

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Aye, your right. I hadn't watched it back since it happened. I thought he did at the time. 

Stand by what I said though. Haven't changed my mind on whether it was a penalty after seeing it again. The fact that Vargas made a meal of it is neither here nor there.

There was definite contact from their player, and that's a penalty as the ball would have still been In play and Vargas could have retrieved it, If he hadn't went down. 

80% of penalties given in the game, the player always makes the most of it. Vargas won't be the first, and he most definetely won't be the last. 

Exactly 👍🏽

Pasquale for King

If the penalty was for the foul on Forest he surely should’ve booked Miller? It wasn’t.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

It's ok to have different opinions. No issue with that. 

Well when a Hearts fan wants Rangers to lose a cup final against Hibs then thats ok to have an issue with. 

pettigrewsstylist
18 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

BBC just showed the penalty incident, they chose the foul on Forest🤣

The "shoulder barge" with the approach at right angles fi the side with the right arm across the sprinting players chest and no attempt to play the ball

Soft? 100% for sure, but its no

shoulder barge.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Hearts1975
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Well when a Hearts fan wants Rangers to lose a cup final against Hibs then thats ok to have an issue with. 

That's an exception 😭 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who wanted that to happen??

Pasquale for King
Just now, Chimp said:

Who wanted that to happen??

The poster he was replying to, called Tosh back then and has changed his name a few times since. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

The poster he was replying to, called Tosh back then and has changed his name a few times since. 

Ah right, doesn't surprise me then.

Pasquale for King

Hope we’ve learned our lessons. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

Der Kaiser

DON'T read the Balance of Power in the Capital thread on Hibs.net.

Unless you're sitting on your toilet. You will shit yourself laughing at the delusion on there.

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Indeed, but the suggestion is that after the review, the pen the ref gives is for the foul on Forrest not the one on Vargas. the ref is not obliged to tell the defenders which one of the two fouls he was giving the penalty for. It's quite possible that the ref missed the first foul, gave the second, but then changed his mind and gave the one on Forrest as it came first.

The ref went to VaR and the foul he looked at was the back heel on Vargas, strange he would look at that and change his mind to a foul he has only seen in real time. Plus he walked to where Vargas was fouled as he pointed to the spot.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Bongo 1874
7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Giving 100% is different from giving their best.

This is you mistake,  you've typed it up and the penny still hasn't dropped.

I could give 100% on the pitch , but would still be utter shite.

Players can give effort but still play poorly.

If you are stating that certain players on the pitch we're lazy and never tried their best then you really are becoming more and more clueless. 

I thought you couldn't best your post about dropping Shankland but your posting is like Aberdeen atm, just when I think you've posted a belter and can't do worse, you top it with even more nonsense.

"We're in serious trouble"... from a guy that was happy with Stendel as we crashed to BOTTOM of the league.

I mean, do you reflect at all or have a strand of logic when you post, or do you just smash your keyboard?

How Can you say players are giving 100% when they are standing off players?

It's a long ball again that ****ed us why ? Because we aren't tight enough and closing down players,we are giving them time to think,if you close down a player you force them to make a decision/choice.

FFS did it really have to explain that.

Every big team we play, know how to hurt us,it's obvious how to play against us.

Long ball.

Long ball twice in this game^

Long ball again.

Long ball again second goal.

I don't dispute Shanklands goals,he's a very good player,off the ball he needs to be far better.

I care about improving and Hearts being the very best, it's simple basic things that are ****ing us over.

Fitness needs to be better.

Teams have figured out our weakness.

You can just brush it off and pretend that we don't need to improve,similar mentality to Hibs saying our record doesn't matter over them.

Deluded.

I want the best.

Edit Rangers 3rd goal long ball souttar 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bazzas right boot
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It's a long ball again that ****ed us why ? Because we aren't tight enough and closing down players,we are giving them time to think,if you close down a player you force them to make a decision/choice.

Every big team we play, know how to hurt us,it's obvious how to play against us.

Long ball.

Long ball again.

I don't dispute Shanklands goals,he's a very good player,off the ball he needs to be far better.

I care about improving and Hearts being the very best, it's simple basic things that are ****ing us over.

You can just brush it off and pretend that we don't need to improve,similar mentality to Hibs saying our record doesn't matter over them.

Deluded.

I want the best.

Aye, we concede goals and lose some games, especially to the bigger teams.

You're on to something there.

Also mildly amusing that you are so concerned about the long ball and pressing,  yet champion Stendel, you must have blinked a lot with our defending under him.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

heatonjambo
23 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I thought the barge just before the Vargas incident was a better shout for a pen. 

Absolutely 

i actually think that’s probably what he gave it for

Watt-Zeefuik

It wasn't until I saw this from Hearts Standard that I realized that Fraser was playing on the right in the first half. He was so invisible I wasn't sure where he was supposed to be.

image.thumb.png.3d563061d15e769cbbca67f5f9a5ad35.png

Atkinson made plenty of his own mistakes but having Fraser just disappear up front like that meant he had fewer good passing options, plus I can't remember Fraser once tucking back behind when Natty cut in.

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Long ball.

Long ball again.

Deluded.

I want the best.

You seem desperate to "prove" that our players are not trying or don't give 100%

Why? 

Players have bad games, players have off days, doesn't mean they are not wanting to do the best that they can 

Bongo 1874
33 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You seem desperate to "prove" that our players are not trying or don't give 100%

Why? 

Players have bad games, players have off days, doesn't mean they are not wanting to do the best that they can 

You are 100% correct, but application and effort are the minimum, and the players know themselves they can do far better.

I don't mind getting beat,but every team should earn it.

We are making it far to easy for teams to Win or Draw against us.

Our workrate is nowhere near good enough.

And I know personally these players can do far better.

The communication between the players for the first goal is absolutely shocking 

Im a huge fan of Naismith liked him as a player and as manager.

If he is telling the players to stand off and generally ball watch,then sorry i can't back that,that's not what i know, teams should fear us when we are at home, made to work for every touch of the ball,not getting a minutes fecking peace.

Players are giving up when they lose the ball,get back in cover your teammates FFS.

This is what i want and demand,and Nieuwenhof was rightly given a massive cheer for doing exactly this.

Make a mistake you don't give up and shrug the shoulders,get back in play for the ****ing badge,earn your money.

That's how you get fans behind you 100% every game.

If we lose playing like this i can accept that.

But standing off players and watching them knock it about GTF.

So frustrating when we are capable of playing like this,and I might be classed as a ***** for saying it.

But i stand by what i said,that commitment and workrate was nowhere near good enough on Wednesday.

Edited by Bongo 1874

GinRummy
19 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Long ball.

Long ball again.

Deluded.

I want the best.

What the **** is wrong with you ?  

wavydavy
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was talking about Jorge Grant but the more I see Spittal the more I like him. Flash in the pan season or matured into an excellent player?

👍  Some players don't mature until they get a bit older. I think of Paul Hartley and look at his career before he joined us.

If we could get Spittal he might turn out to be like Hartley although that is a big ask. Spittal is not yet 29 so a three year deal would be nice.

Fraser and Grant could both go for me and we would save a fair bit of cash if they do.

GinRummy
Just now, wavydavy said:

👍  Some players don't mature until they get a bit older. I think of Paul Hartley and look at his career before he joined us.

If we could get Spittal he might turn out to be like Hartley although that is a big ask. Spittal is not yet 29 so a three year deal would be nice.

Fraser and Grant could both go for me and we would save a fair bit of cash if they do.

Undecided on Fraser because he’s not played enough but agree on Grant. I don’t really mind if he stays as a squad player fighting for a place but we need someone more consistent. 

Bazzas right boot
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You are 100% correct, but application and effort are the minimum, and the players know themselves they can do far better.

I don't mind getting beat,but every team should earn it.

We are making it far to easy for teams to Win or Draw against us.

Our workrate is nowhere near good enough.

And I know personally these players can do far better.

The communication between the players for the first goal is absolutely shocking 

Im a huge fan of Naismith liked him as a player and as manager.

If he is telling the players to stand off and generally ball watch,then sorry i can't back that,that's not what i know, teams should fear us when we are at home, made to work for every touch of the ball,not getting a minutes fecking peace.

Players are giving up when they lose the ball,get back in cover your teammates FFS.

This is what i want and demand,and Nieuwenhof was rightly given a massive cheer for doing exactly this.

Make a mistake you don't give up and shrug the shoulders,get back in play for the ****ing badge,earn your money.

That's how you get fans behind you 100% every game.

If we lose playing like this i can accept that.

But standing off players and watching them knock it about GTF.

So frustrating when we are capable of playing like this,and I might be classed as a ***** for saying it.

But i stand by what i said,that commitment and workrate was nowhere near good enough on Wednesday.

Very little you say is true or makes any sense.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
19 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Long ball.

Long ball again.

Deluded.

I want the best.

You’re spot on about closing players down, we let teams have the freedom of the pitch and they end up looking like world beaters as a result.,

Pasquale for King

We will need 100% effort to get anything from the game, right team, tactics and formation from the first whistle or they will have a field day and the pubs will be heaving by 1:30pm. 

wavydavy
48 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Undecided on Fraser because he’s not played enough but agree on Grant. I don’t really mind if he stays as a squad player fighting for a place but we need someone more consistent. 

We need players in midfield who can score as well. Spittal has scored 11 for Motherwell this season and has a host of assists.

DG_HMFC
45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will need 100% effort to get anything from the game, right team, tactics and formation from the first whistle or they will have a field day and the pubs will be heaving by 1:30pm. 

100% effort is great, but it means bugger-all if you don't show quality.

soonbe110
17 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

It wasn't until I saw this from Hearts Standard that I realized that Fraser was playing on the right in the first half. He was so invisible I wasn't sure where he was supposed to be.

image.thumb.png.3d563061d15e769cbbca67f5f9a5ad35.png

Atkinson made plenty of his own mistakes but having Fraser just disappear up front like that meant he had fewer good passing options, plus I can't remember Fraser once tucking back behind when Natty cut in.

Bizarre team selection to play a very left sided player on the right side of midfield, esp with someone like Atkinson behind him.  Given they have speedy wingers on both sides it was asking for trouble. Fraser has played nearly all his career as a 10. Not sure we have played him there once yet. 

soonbe110
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

If the rumours are true and we have signed Philips and Dhanda on pre-contracts and are likely to offer Fraser a deal then I’m not sure we will be after many more midfielders unless someone comes in for players eg Devlin, Grant, Hof. 

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If the rumours are true and we have signed Philips and Dhanda on pre-contracts and are likely to offer Fraser a deal then I’m not sure we will be after many more midfielders unless someone comes in for players eg Devlin, Grant, Hof. 

I missed the rumour on us signing Philips on a pre-contract. 🧐

GinRummy
28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I missed the rumour on us signing Philips on a pre-contract. 🧐

Was mentioned we were interested on here but I think it first popped up on Twitter that the deal was done. 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was mentioned we were interested on here but I think it first popped up on Twitter that the deal was done. 

Mmm. 😄

Cameronstheman

Seen this gem

Lets see who has the biggest crowds when we are finishing higher than them and pumping them more often than not. 

Followed by this...,Which is why we need the many millions of investment, higher level management and infrastructure, which is precisely what the Gordon's, Black Knights, and Bill Foley will provide us with.

The only thread i looked at and that was scrolling down quickly 

They fail to recognise the fact and  quite conveniently, had Tynecastle held more, our Av Att would be way way higher than we  are right now . Take away there OF allocation and there Av Att and lies about them, would be pitiful at best.They will never ever have the support we do

FTH

Edited by Cameronstheman

Bongo 1874
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re spot on about closing players down, we let teams have the freedom of the pitch and they end up looking like world beaters as a result.,

I know I'm spot on,because I've played the game, he won't see any criticism, Kilmarnock on Wednesday, And Motherwell against them today,

The guy is a donut.

Wouldn't know a good manager or team If it slapped him in the face.

Ian Black 8
On 29/02/2024 at 10:26, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Maybe so, but the standard has been set on plenty of occasions this season. Soft pens are pens. There is no standard of qualification anymore.

Would you expect a free kick elsewhere on the pitch?

On 29/02/2024 at 10:29, Chimp said:

Just cos you'd be raging doesn't mean it isn't a pen though?

A foul is a foul, that happens outside the box - say in our own half, a free kick is awarded and there would be no complaints. 

On 29/02/2024 at 11:19, Pasquale for King said:

The game has changed since then, why do so many ex players struggle to grasp that?

Everyone is entitled 2 their own opinion but for me it’s never a pen if ur getting a pen for that there will be fouls every couple mins all over the pitch… footballs a contact sport the Hibs boy put himself in the shit by lookin up the pitch and pullin out last minute… was a shoutin for a pen? Aye of course a was but if that was given against us we would all be on here gone daft 

GBJambo
10 minutes ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Everyone is entitled 2 their own opinion but for me it’s never a pen if ur getting a pen for that there will be fouls every couple mins all over the pitch… footballs a contact sport the Hibs boy put himself in the shit by lookin up the pitch and pullin out last minute… was a shoutin for a pen? Aye of course a was but if that was given against us we would all be on here gone daft 

Unless the penalty was given for the foul on Forrest 

Stendelnator
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I know I'm spot on,because I've played the game, he won't see any criticism, Kilmarnock on Wednesday, And Motherwell against them today,

The guy is a donut.

Wouldn't know a good manager or team If it slapped him in the face.

Not doing the stereotype of "unintelligent footballers" any favours then

Pasquale for King

Absolutely, do you say that when you watch limited players like Clark ply their trade?

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Everyone is entitled 2 their own opinion but for me it’s never a pen if ur getting a pen for that there will be fouls every couple mins all over the pitch… footballs acontact sport the Hibs boy put himself in the shit by lookin up the pitch and pullin out last minute… was a shoutin for a pen? Aye of course a was but if that was given against us we would all be on here gone daft 

The game has changed, sorry, its 2024, not my opinion, a fact.

Luckies1874
13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

What we've seen from Fraser so far I would barely give him any more minutes this season never mind a deal for next. Several youngsters deserve the opportunity ahead of him on all evidence thus far.