*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

7 minutes ago, Ked said:

Hibs will be desperate to win this.

Could be a cracker

Could be a disaster if the players don't get the finger out and stop feeling sorry for themselves.

They need to show what they are made of and if they can't perform in a Derby then they shouldn't be a Hearts.

Hibs will target our wide areas with their pace and hope to either get a penalty out of Cochrane or run rings round Atkinson.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

upgotheheads
21 hours ago, basscom said:

Gordon will be back in between the sticks 

Why, how many goals was Clark responsible for?

21 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

I'd stat Tait over Beningame.

Yes, and maybe as well as; a midfield of Beni sitting deep and Tait beside Hof might be interesting.

17 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Kingsley right back. Rowles middle. 

That's my guess. 

Rowles had a bad game but he's had plenty of good ones lately, and Naismith doesn't scapegoat players. That's why I think Clark will start too.

Hibs will continue to use speed and hit on the break. This is when we need sibbick as his speed at last man covering tackles is second to none. Might need to ensure we have someone beside him doing the ‘regular’ defending! 

joondalupjambo

2012 May, one week before the Cup Final and gubbed 5-0 by one of the Old Firm.  A week later we all know what happened.  It could have been 10.  Come on Hearts, do them big on Wednesday.

Disser Pointon
1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Hibs will continue to use speed and hit on the break. This is when we need sibbick as his speed at last man covering tackles is second to none. Might need to ensure we have someone beside him doing the ‘regular’ defending! 

Sibbick 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'd go

Gordon

Rb. Atkinson ( controversial in some quarters in know but different game) up for debate I know

Cb. Kingsley 

Cb. Kent

Lb. Cochrane

Cm.Hoff

CM.Beni

Cm. Devlin ( A must for me)

RW. Vargas

LW. Forest.

Cf. Shanks.

They'll play 3 in the middle match them and in this type of game I'd get Cammy in. Tait comes into the thinking too...

Edited by mscjambo

thegreatsd

If you’re like me and been feeling a bit down about yesterday’s result, watch the video below then get the socks pulled up and get ready for Wednesday. We’ve been on a superb run recently and one defeat at Ibrox change’s absolutely f’kn nothing. I love this lot we’ve got at the club just now from the top to bottom. Let’s get back to winning ways and put the wee team away as usual. Mon the JT’s 👍🇱🇻

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Rowles had a bad game but he's had plenty of good ones lately, and Naismith doesn't scapegoat players. That's why I think Clark will start too.

I wouldn’t say it’s scapegoating to make changes after a 5-0 loss. Guys like Gordon, Tait and Devlin can have no complaints about not starting during a winning run, but if they can’t get a chance after such a heavy defeat then what message are we sending to them?

Obviously with the keeper situation it’s not what we’re used to, we’ve got a decent keeper in net and the best player we’ve had this century sat on the bench. I just don’t see why we need to wait for Clark to have three or four howlers before we play Gordon who himself is worth so many points a season.

Just watching the league cup final and Kelleher is playing a blinder, regardless of that I’ve no doubt Alisson will be back in the team when fit, same as Neuer at Bayern or Courtois at Real

This lot are dangerous in attack but bollocks at the back, only possible tactic is pummel them 👍🇱🇻

I would go with an attacking team with Forrest left wing, Oda right, Shankland and Vargas as strikers with Shanks coming off the centre halfs a bit more.

How many times does Naismith say at the end of a game, “we started too slow” etc this needs to be sorted on Wednesday.

Gundermann
2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Don't doubt that. On the other hand, he'll backheal the ball to a Hibs attacker on the edge of our six-yard box a few mintues later.

Gundermann
24 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

This lot are dangerous in attack but bollocks at the back, only possible tactic is pummel them 👍🇱🇻

This. Then again, it should be the same for almost all other teams in the league. Celtic's defence looked all over the place in the first half today.

Yesterday will either have the players angry and out for blood....or rocked they're confidence and will now approach this game with caution 

We should have pumped these clowns in the first game at Tynecastle,  hopefully we will do so this time. That 85 seconds of self destruction still rankles with me. 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

I wouldn’t say it’s scapegoating to make changes after a 5-0 loss. Guys like Gordon, Tait and Devlin can have no complaints about not starting during a winning run, but if they can’t get a chance after such a heavy defeat then what message are we sending to them?

Obviously with the keeper situation it’s not what we’re used to, we’ve got a decent keeper in net and the best player we’ve had this century sat on the bench. I just don’t see why we need to wait for Clark to have three or four howlers before we play Gordon who himself is worth so many points a season.

Just watching the league cup final and Kelleher is playing a blinder, regardless of that I’ve no doubt Alisson will be back in the team when fit, same as Neuer at Bayern or Courtois at Real

At least wait until he has one howler.

Famous 1874

We absolutely have to win this.

Failure to win and then say we lose at the weekend against Celtic, then flashbacks to last seasons capitulation will arise again. 

I think the result yesterday was a one-off. We’ll know whether it is based on our start to the match on Wednesday. We have to start fast.

9 league games in a row without a goal scored by us in the first half is not good enough. Irrespective of how many games we have ended up winning. 

I think we were probably due to receive a humping due to our terrible starts to matches and realistically the only team capable at the moment would be Rangers. Unfortunately yesterday we just got exposed by a very good side. 

On the contrary, we are also due to give another team a hammering. Let’s make it Wednesday. 

Rocky jamboa

I'd go:-

Gordon

Lembikisa  Kent   Kingsley  cochrane

Beni   Tait

Vargas       Hoff or Fraser      Forrest

Shanks

27 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

At least wait until he has one howler.

I think I already covered why I think that’s unnecessary, all about opinions I guess

8 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Gordon

Beni   Tait

Shanks

Oda for Vargas. 

Bunny Munro
3 hours ago, Baxfee said:

If Sibbick is playing then it needs to be at RB, possibly right of a 3 at a push. He can't play CB in a 4.

He actually did very well against Hibs when he was at RB, got moved to CB and imploded. Naismith should take the blame there.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

If Sibbick is playing then it needs to be at RB, possibly right of a 3 at a push. He can't play CB in a 4.

He actually did very well against Hibs when he was at RB, got moved to CB and imploded. Naismith should take the blame there.

Not actually convinced he was supposed to move to CB there

Couple of posters that were at game suggested there was some confusion as to whether Odel was to do CB, because sibbick was pointing him to RB

But how would sibbick know? I never saw anyone passing anything on to him, so was it an assumption by sibbick?

Anyway, wouldn't have looked any better for anyone if the 'facts' were reported after the game; it was a total howler of a result and as some have stated, it still wrankles and will probably still until at least 3rd is confirmed

3 hours ago, mscjambo said:

I'd go

Gordon

Rb. Atkinson ( controversial in some quarters in know but different game) up for debate I know

Cb. Kingsley 

Cb. Kent

Lb. Cochrane

Cm.Hoff

CM.Beni

Cm. Devlin ( A must for me)

RW. Vargas

LW. Forest.

Cf. Shanks.

They'll play 3 in the middle match them and in this type of game I'd get Cammy in. Tait comes into the thinking too...

I never understand why people want to play Vargas wide on the right when he’s ineffective there, needs to play as a striker. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Devlin must start. He's perfect for madcap games like derbies and understands the importance of them as well as anyone on the squad.

HeartsandonlyHearts
On 24/02/2024 at 12:02, Fejka said:

Seen a few mentions of Gordon in for the Hibs game. Surely we’re not using the defeat to Rangers to drop Clark? If we do we’d have been as well dropping him after a string of decent performances, would be no different.

He was lethargic yesterday. Time to play our best player at every position. Obviously there would be debate at most positions but not goalie, Kent or striker. 

Hearts1975
2 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Gordon

Beni   Tait

Shanks

Hoff in an advanced role sounds interesting. He is in form. 

Get Dev back in, partnering Beni, and that could be a good central spine to start the game with 

buzzbomb1958
5 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Don’t want to see him play again

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

We absolutely have to win this.

Failure to win and then say we lose at the weekend against Celtic, then flashbacks to last seasons capitulation will arise again. 

I think the result yesterday was a one-off. We’ll know whether it is based on our start to the match on Wednesday. We have to start fast.

9 league games in a row without a goal scored by us in the first half is not good enough. Irrespective of how many games we have ended up winning. 

I think we were probably due to receive a humping due to our terrible starts to matches and realistically the only team capable at the moment would be Rangers. Unfortunately yesterday we just got exposed by a very good side. 

On the contrary, we are also due to give another team a hammering. Let’s make it Wednesday. 

Last season has nothing to do with this season. We could lose 3 in a row and still be 11 points ahead come Sunday night.

We could win 2 in a row and still only be 11 points ahead come Sunday night.

We could win one of our next 2 and be 14 points ahead Sunday night.

I’m going to see out a few more games before I hit the panic button.

As a side note, will any other team have their biggest derby rivals sandwiched between Newco/Celtic on their schedule?

Bunny Munro
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Couple of posters that were at game suggested there was some confusion as to whether Odel was to do CB, because sibbick was pointing him to RB

But how would sibbick know? I never saw anyone passing anything on to him, so was it an assumption by sibbick?

Anyway, wouldn't have looked any better for anyone if the 'facts' were reported after the game; it was a total howler of a result and as some have stated, it still wrankles and will probably still until at least 3rd is confirmed

The smart thing to do (IMO - fully unqualified) was to move Sibbick to left back. Hibs had moved Boyle from left wing to right wing as Sibbick had him every time.

A lot of people forget Sibbick played left back on his debut for us vs Rangers (second half)

Edited by Bunny Munro

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

The smart thing to do (IMO - fully unqualified) was to move Sibbick to left back. Hibs had moved Boyle from left wing to right wing as Sibbick had him every time.

A lot of people forget Sibbick played left back on his debut for us vs Rangers (second half)

I just remember people groaning about moving 3 defenders, I think Kingsley slipped on the wet surface in the box near the bye-line, stretching for the ball, so he came off, could be wrong

If Offiah slotted into his native CB, he could have moved into LCB directly for Kingsley; IIRC, Rowles filled in at LB

8 hours ago, Dalry said:

I never understand why people want to play Vargas wide on the right when he’s ineffective there, needs to play as a striker. 

When they play a 3 as they've done he's inverting as shankland drops and making runs in behind it's a turn of phrase writing the team that way no need get so wound up 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Gordon - Lembikisa, Kent, Kingsley, Cochrane - Nieuwenhof, Baningime, Devlin - Vargas, Shankland, Forrest

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Gordon

Lembikisa       Kent       Rowles     Kingsley

Nieuwenhof     Baningime    Cochrane

Shankland        Vargas        Forrest

Yeah as others have said definitely start Cammy. He's a tenacious little shit and gets stuck in. We need that in a derby. I'm torn between starting Zander or Craig however. 

Edited by Marvin

10 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Offiah didn't look like he understood how football was played that day. I've never witnessed a player so unaware of what he was supposed to be doing. It really was perplexing to witness. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Carter said:

Offiah didn't look like he understood how football was played that day. I've never witnessed a player so unaware of what he was supposed to be doing. It really was perplexing to witness. 

Doesn't that fit with him being told to do CB, then being told to swap?

I'd imagine that'd be quite puzzling

LogicalEric

Need Devlin's energy in the midfield. If we end up giving Marcondes free reign if they play a 3 he will cause problems.

tiger Rudi
22 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Big call on

Gordon/Clark

Natty/Dex

Beni/Cammy. As i dont think Hoff dropped.

Yes and you could add: Does Rowles keep his place? 

I've a feeling Naismith might give them a chance to redeem themselves before changing too much. I would definitely play Devlin, but maybe instead of Grant. Forrest needs to start too. 

Disser Pointon
36 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Gordon

Lembikisa       Kent       Rowles     Kingsley

Nieuwenhof     Baningime    Cochrane

Shankland        Vargas        Forrest

This for me but with Natty in for Dex. 

TexasAndy

Sometimes coming in to games after a bad defeat can give you extra motivation and we certainly shouldn't be in any way complacent.    Need a win here to make sure we don't completely lose the momentum we have had since mid December.  2-1 Hearts

Surprised so many have Beni in the team, he is holding us back and needs dropped. Back 4 Rowles out, devlin for beni and Dexter for Natty. Now get destroying these rats!

PapaShango
18 hours ago, Baxfee said:

I absolutely do not want to see Sibbick anywhere near the team on Wednesday night, he might have some pace, just a pity the rest of his game is torture. 

Gundermann
1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

Yes and you could add: Does Rowles keep his place? 

I've a feeling Naismith might give them a chance to redeem themselves before changing too much. I would definitely play Devlin, but maybe instead of Grant. Forrest needs to start too. 

Yeah, Rowles certainly has been good of late. Our horsing at Mordor wasn't just down to two players.

Not sure about Natty/ Dexter though. Not much between them really.

N Lincs Jambo

Just had a look at the league table on the BBC website. It also shows form guide over the last 5 matches. Hibs have taken 5 points out of 15 (one win, two draws, two defeats), we have taken 12 points (ahead of Celtic with 11). We have had four wins and Saturday's one-off at Ibrox. 

Saturday changes nothing. We are still the form team and the Lochend tramps are getting smashed on Wednesday!

Funny how everyone's quick to want Atkinson and Rowles dropped after a bad performance, but Clark shouldn't be dropped after losing 5 goals? one in which he should have saved. How many errors or goals does he need to concede before our best goalkeeper regains his place? Gordon must start on Wednesday. 

The Mercer Takeover

Naismith could go from hero to zero, should we lose to Hibs, after the shambles at the weekend. 

Defeat to the wee team is completely unacceptable.

4 - 1 Hearts

Funny what 1 game can do eh. We lose to Rangers at Ibrox which was always likely, after a superb run of wins. Hibs win their first game since the start of December at home to Dundee and all of a sudden there's doubts kicking in. Now Hibs apparently are a good side and we have something to fear all because of 1 result. 

The Rangers defeat is maybe the reality check the team needed, and know there's no room for complacency. I'm sure Naisy will have drilled into them what's required for Wednesday and would like to think we'll put them in their place as we almost always do. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***