Serious incident in Granton

GinRummy

John Findlay
5 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Is that where Telford College used to be or am I getting mixed up?

Right next door to were Telford college was.

Telford College moved right next door to the Morrison's on West Granton Road 

Is now named Edinburgh college.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• steve123

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1874robbo
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Same night as the derby at Tynecastle. Might head down after the game. Whats the word on tickets for the all nighter?

My understanding of the etiquette around attending  all nighters for slain hoods is a little rusty.

Just wear  an old spunky bed sheet around yourself like a cape with the word “Legend” on it and you’ll be welcome with open arms by all and sundry 

A MISSING dad is believed to have bolted into freezing water after being spooked by a car flashing its lights towards him, we can reveal. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/11889001/daniel-danny-fraser-missing-musselburgh-togher-edinburgh/

Daniel Fraser, 35, was spotted on CCTV in the early hours after leaving a function a month ago.

A source said: “After leaving the party Danny was seen on camera by himself on the High Street.

“It shows a car waiting a traffic lights flashing it’s headlights. Danny is then seen running away from it.

“He keeps going in the direction of Musselburgh Links golf course and it’s understood he then went over a wee fence with the River Esk immediately on the other side.

“It seems like he was spooked by the car and was worried someone was maybe after him.

“He’d had a good drink and was probably feeling overly paranoid after someone from his local area was killed recently.

It turns out the guys in the car were just flashing at the traffic lights to try and get them to change to green quicker.”  😳 😳

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, no21 said:

A MISSING dad is believed to have bolted into freezing water after being spooked by a car flashing its lights towards him, we can reveal. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/11889001/daniel-danny-fraser-missing-musselburgh-togher-edinburgh/

Daniel Fraser, 35, was spotted on CCTV in the early hours after leaving a function a month ago.

A source said: “After leaving the party Danny was seen on camera by himself on the High Street.

“It shows a car waiting a traffic lights flashing it’s headlights. Danny is then seen running away from it.

“He keeps going in the direction of Musselburgh Links golf course and it’s understood he then went over a wee fence with the River Esk immediately on the other side.

“It seems like he was spooked by the car and was worried someone was maybe after him.

“He’d had a good drink and was probably feeling overly paranoid after someone from his local area was killed recently.

It turns out the guys in the car were just flashing at the traffic lights to try and get them to change to green quicker.”  😳 😳

Charlie causing mega paranoia too . Mixed with alcohol . It’s a lethal combo . 

3 hours ago, no21 said:

If he did go into the esk he’d surely have been washed up by now somewhere along the coast 

Just shows when you get involved this deep in the nonsense you are always looking over your shoulder.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nothing about Daniel Fraser yet.

We need a link.  👍

Body found in search for missing man Daniel Fraser

Around 10.55am on Sunday, 11 February, 2024, the body of a man was discovered in the water at Musselburgh Lagoons.

Formal identification is yet to take place, but the family of missing man Daniel Fraser are aware.

There do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances and a report will be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.

Seymour M Hersh

When is the memorial do in the Village Hotel at Crewe Toll taking place? Just so I can have a personal 3 mile exclusion zone around the place. 

35 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Body found in search for missing man Daniel Fraser

Around 10.55am on Sunday, 11 February, 2024, the body of a man was discovered in the water at Musselburgh Lagoons.

Formal identification is yet to take place, but the family of missing man Daniel Fraser are aware.

There do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances and a report will be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.

Totally normal occurrence?

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Bizarre incident at the weekend when the police were looking for the body of the man wanted for the assault on the woman and kids in London in the Thames. They didn’t find him but found 2 other bodies. 

16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Someone posted on here last week that the thinking was he got spooked after leaving his function by someone flashing their headlights, he done a runner and jumped in the water to get away. The light flashing turned out to be nothing though.

Threedoorsdown
9 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

Someone posted on here last week that the thinking was he got spooked after leaving his function by someone flashing their headlights, he done a runner and jumped in the water to get away. The light flashing turned out to be nothing though.

😂

Guy was at a doo at the racecourse with DT and a bunch of other guys armed to the teeth - including some of the wealthiest private hire taxi company owners in the country, guys from through west. If he was spoke all he had to do was move 15 feet. 

Fair to say that DF had some amount of protection himself. I believe the reason he is friendly with them all is someone tried to slash a well known name from the south of the city whilst DF was serving time with them.

DF seen the guy approaching behind the other guy and ran and stopped it. Potentially saving his life and definitely saving him from a nice big scar like they gave to one of the McGoverns.

This is far from over. Everyone with half a brain cell is just buying time. It’s just whether the police get there first or they get to each other first.

• 2 weeks later...
hughesie27
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Edit: not Edinburgh. 

I know people that don't live in Edinburgh. Have some respect.

Sooperstar
Just now, hughesie27 said:

I know people that don't live in Edinburgh. Have some respect.

Do they wear shoes? 

been here before

Big night tonight although not at the Village Hotel anymore, its on a need to know basis.

Anyone else got their Stone Island freshly pressed and laid out and heading down after the game?

59 minutes ago, moogsy said:

Decent fireworks in north Edinburgh to be fair.

Bet there is a good few rockets there

• 1 month later...
grantsut

Any update from anyone on the board around what is going on post the arrests? Any gossip?

Met Don the brother once years ago randomly socially - seemed like a complete nutter who could fly off the handle at any point...Mental how his brother Marc did that Simpson shooting aged only 19 and then spent his entire life living in this world of total violence and brutality. Just cannot understand how people can choose this kind of pathway...naturally interested in the psychology behind it all.

Always been fascinated by Edinburgh underworld stuff as aunt a criminal solicitor and I grew up in Edinburgh. It's a funny city...although it clearly doesn't have the sheer volume of violence in other cities, the extremes between the New Town and 2 miles away Muirhouse etc make it in my view one of the darkest cities...

My aunt has worked in Glasgow and still says that the Edinburgh schemes like Muirhouse/Niddrie/Wester Hailes are worse in terms of deep rooted social problems vs. anywhere else. Not problems you can fix with money e.g. look at the money spent on revamping Niddrie and the worsening social problems there...you can install a modern flat but if a family moves in with decades of sexual/violence abuse behind them, it makes no difference. Speaking of Niddrie...the recent Greendykes double murder was without a doubt the most shocking murder case I've ever read about...forget within the UK, I can't think of anything more disturbing globally.

Some people online boards hypothesizing that Webley had pretty much decided for himself that his time was up and he'd had enough...almost suicidal thoughts amplified by the clearly massive amounts of substances being ingested continually throughout the day while living that lifestyle. 

Doesn't feel like there has been much in the way of retaliation post the shooting? Was expecting article after article about massive violence across the city...do people think that Webley was really just a lone operator by the time he died?

Genuinely interested to hear thoughts on how this thing all played out...although a strange fascination to have, why not!

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, grantsut said:

Any update from anyone on the board around what is going on post the arrests? Any gossip?

Met Don the brother once years ago randomly socially - seemed like a complete nutter who could fly off the handle at any point...Mental how his brother Marc did that Simpson shooting aged only 19 and then spent his entire life living in this world of total violence and brutality. Just cannot understand how people can choose this kind of pathway...naturally interested in the psychology behind it all.

Always been fascinated by Edinburgh underworld stuff as aunt a criminal solicitor and I grew up in Edinburgh. It's a funny city...although it clearly doesn't have the sheer volume of violence in other cities, the extremes between the New Town and 2 miles away Muirhouse etc make it in my view one of the darkest cities...

My aunt has worked in Glasgow and still says that the Edinburgh schemes like Muirhouse/Niddrie/Wester Hailes are worse in terms of deep rooted social problems vs. anywhere else. Not problems you can fix with money e.g. look at the money spent on revamping Niddrie and the worsening social problems there...you can install a modern flat but if a family moves in with decades of sexual/violence abuse behind them, it makes no difference. Speaking of Niddrie...the recent Greendykes double murder was without a doubt the most shocking murder case I've ever read about...forget within the UK, I can't think of anything more disturbing globally.

Some people online boards hypothesizing that Webley had pretty much decided for himself that his time was up and he'd had enough...almost suicidal thoughts amplified by the clearly massive amounts of substances being ingested continually throughout the day while living that lifestyle. 

Doesn't feel like there has been much in the way of retaliation post the shooting? Was expecting article after article about massive violence across the city...do people think that Webley was really just a lone operator by the time he died?

Genuinely interested to hear thoughts on how this thing all played out...although a strange fascination to have, why not!

You should ask your “ auntie “ all these questions . She seems to be more in the know , if she is a solicitor . Btw despite some anti social behaviours Niddrie is actually way down on the stats for areas with anti social behaviours. It’s also got quite a multi cultural melting pot buzz to it now . 

grantsut

Yes...I realize I can ask her...but this is a discussion board which is meant for conversation, so surely it's not an issue to ask people on here given there is a thread specifically setup for the topic being contributed to by people who live in Edinburgh and might hear the odd bit of gossip / know people involved and can contribute here anonymously. Clearly others are interested, or the thread would never have been created?

Niddrie is definitely now a much improved area vs. 20 years ago...don't think its ever had the severity of problems that somewhere like Muirhouse has had. 

Interested to know people's thoughts on here in terms of Edinburgh and crime/social problems vs. 20 years ago? It feels to me like there is less traditional violent crime e.g. assaults on a saturday night in the centre of the city, but issues within the schemes around young people and drugs, given the ability of social media for distribution etc, has got far worse...

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, grantsut said:

Yes...I realize I can ask her...but this is a discussion board which is meant for conversation, so surely it's not an issue to ask people on here given there is a thread specifically setup for the topic being contributed to by people who live in Edinburgh and might hear the odd bit of gossip / know people involved and can contribute here anonymously. Clearly others are interested, or the thread would never have been created?

Niddrie is definitely now a much improved area vs. 20 years ago...don't think its ever had the severity of problems that somewhere like Muirhouse has had. 

Interested to know people's thoughts on here in terms of Edinburgh and crime/social problems vs. 20 years ago? It feels to me like there is less traditional violent crime e.g. assaults on a saturday night in the centre of the city, but issues within the schemes around young people and drugs, given the ability of social media for distribution etc, has got far worse...

Def more “ low level “ anti social crime in some areas . People need to be careful what they say about this case as it’s a live investigation . 

tightrope
21 hours ago, grantsut said:

He definitely has a mob, Royston chaps. A lot are in the jail, I believe tensions were very high between them and some Daniels associates within Ingliston 4 in Saughton. The problem with retaliation is that if the mob is bigger and madder than your mob, you really have to think twice. I believe the shooter was attacked in Bar. Also hear the female is singing like a canary, claiming she thought they were going to MacDonalds....   

Armageddon
1 hour ago, tightrope said:

He definitely has a mob, Royston chaps. A lot are in the jail, I believe tensions were very high between them and some Daniels associates within Ingliston 4 in Saughton. The problem with retaliation is that if the mob is bigger and madder than your mob, you really have to think twice. I believe the shooter was attacked in Bar. Also hear the female is singing like a canary, claiming she thought they were going to MacDonalds....   

“Do you fancy shooting down to McDonalds?….. let me just put this gun in the boot”

Tommy Brown
14 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

“Do you fancy shooting down to McDonalds?….. let me just put this gun in the boot”

Understandable mistake by her.

Mixed up Drive-by and Drive-thru'.

Such a a professional hit though. 

Armageddon
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Understandable mistake by her.

Mixed up Drive-by and Drive-thru'.

Such a a professional hit though. 

Her face must have been a picture 😳

Although not as bad as the first time you drink one of their milkshakes with a paper straw.

grantsut

Very very interesting tightrope...thanks for reply!! That is all very interesting gossip...particularly the feud ongoing pre the shooting...cheers. 

regarding the team sent out to the anchor in the car...what an absolute shambles...that must have been either a guy in drug debt or promised £15k or something which he clearly never got! weird we haven't heard more about the other male who has been charged, gary robertson? either way, all very young people who are now done for. 

Understand you may not want to divulge anymore (I doubt gossiping on here is exactly breaking any law though so don't see problem?!)...but is your sense that the order for shooting was made due to Webley's ex partner dating the rival guy who is associated with people in south of city/glasgow, and that was sole main driver? Or a mix of the ongoing feud and then that situation being the final straw and the way a retaliation was decided upon? 

in terms of the royston crowd you refer to...why do you think they even have such a feud with Daniels? does it all just link back to substances and turf war in that regard? makes a lot of sense re retaliation...clearly a few nutters from Royston in Edinburgh are probably limited in resources vs. Daniels etc..so maybe thats why it might have stopped for now at Webley. 

weird that his brother was charged for both rape and that taxi driver assault literally straight after the shooting...coincidental or do you think he has thought i can't stay out here in the real world and safer inside?!!

Threedoorsdown
On 13/04/2024 at 10:33, grantsut said:

Which station is it your based out of by the way?

😂

grantsut

lol! god people in are paranoid/touchy re this whole episode...can understand not wanting to speak about it down at a pub on the shore...but an anonymous online forum? i doubt we are going to solve the inner workings of the edinburgh/glasgow underworld dynamics! it's just a bit of speculation...

stevieboobs
2 minutes ago, grantsut said:

lol! god people in are paranoid/touchy re this whole episode...can understand not wanting to speak about it down at a pub on the shore...but an anonymous online forum? i doubt we are going to solve the inner workings of the edinburgh/glasgow underworld dynamics! it's just a bit of speculation...

Do you not understand why people on here might be a little suspicious of a poster who’s just joined and overly keen for gossip or titbits of info.

I’d agree with the previous poster and think you reek of plod or Edinburgh Live YTS. 

Tommy Brown

I suggest you just pm our top poster, he knows them in this village we live in.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, grantsut said:

Very very interesting tightrope...thanks for reply!! That is all very interesting gossip...particularly the feud ongoing pre the shooting...cheers. 

regarding the team sent out to the anchor in the car...what an absolute shambles...that must have been either a guy in drug debt or promised £15k or something which he clearly never got! weird we haven't heard more about the other male who has been charged, gary robertson? either way, all very young people who are now done for. 

Understand you may not want to divulge anymore (I doubt gossiping on here is exactly breaking any law though so don't see problem?!)...but is your sense that the order for shooting was made due to Webley's ex partner dating the rival guy who is associated with people in south of city/glasgow, and that was sole main driver? Or a mix of the ongoing feud and then that situation being the final straw and the way a retaliation was decided upon? 

in terms of the royston crowd you refer to...why do you think they even have such a feud with Daniels? does it all just link back to substances and turf war in that regard? makes a lot of sense re retaliation...clearly a few nutters from Royston in Edinburgh are probably limited in resources vs. Daniels etc..so maybe thats why it might have stopped for now at Webley. 

weird that his brother was charged for both rape and that taxi driver assault literally straight after the shooting...coincidental or do you think he has thought i can't stay out here in the real world and safer inside?!!

Im Always wary of people who ask too many questions ! 

tightrope
1 hour ago, grantsut said:

There was no feud prior to the shooting, sorry, I worded it wrong, there was more an uneasy truce, the Royston mob didn't seem to align themselves with any side. The shooting , I belive happened due to him calling out in social media, to ignore that would have made them look weak. Obviohsly the situation with the girl, the assault on her etc added tk it.He asked for it he got it. The shooter is a nothing, a fire in. A well known joke figure really. This was a massive step up for this joker. He was paid half up front from what I was told. 

Don't know but the other guy may have supplied the weapon and may have been in the car, defo 3 in the car.

As for Don, was out of the game fir years, this maybe ripped him back into it. Knowing him, it would not surprise me if he had planned to be arrested to try and get to the shooter. He is that mad, though there would be no chance of him getting to any of them. As for revenge, Don is capable and mad enough, the consequences really would not bother him. He has no fear in that sense. 

tightrope
Just now, tightrope said:

There was no feud prior to the shooting, sorry, I worded it wrong, there was more an uneasy truce, the Royston mob didn't seem to align themselves with any side. The shooting , I belive happened due to him calling out in social media, to ignore that would have made them look weak. Obviohsly the situation with the girl, the assault on her etc added tk it.He asked for it he got it. The shooter is a nothing, a fire in. A well known joke figure really. This was a massive step up for this joker. He was paid half up front from what I was told. 

Don't know but the other guy may have supplied the weapon and may have been in the car, defo 3 in the car.

As for Don, was out of the game fir years, this maybe ripped him back into it. Knowing him, it would not surprise me if he had planned to be arrested to try and get to the shooter. He is that mad, though there would be no chance of him getting to any of them. As for revenge, Don is capable and mad enough, the consequences really would not bother him. He has no fear in that sense. 

Sorry for the spelling, Elephant fingers on a phone keyboard.

grantsut

tightrope...many thanks - super super interesting. 

before responding - to others thinking that im police or a journalist...honestly, I guess if thats what you think then there isn't really anything I can say to convince otherwise? I can see your point of view...so no hard feelings - only thought from my side is even if I were from some news website, why would it even bother an anonymous poster on a nameless forum? it's not like anything being said here is of any consequence...but either way, happy to tell you i just have a weird obsession with edinburgh underworld (many people are interested in the topic) and have been reading this thread since january when it started without signing up. then you had the craigmillar double murder as well and i wanted to spark a conversation for other interested people on both threads. 

grantsut

anyway tightrope...that is all super interesting. won't ask you anymore re his brother given he's still with us and doesn't seem fair to speculate on what he's going through post losing his brother (assuming they were very close). just noticed anyway that the accusation of rape was launched pre the shooting a few months before...and the taxi driver thing just sounds like a bit of a drunken night out gone wrong (do feel massively sorry for that cabbie...what an unfortunate pick up call).

whats your view on how marc was perceived in the glasgow / edinburgh underworld scene since being out of prison? was re reading his early story when he shot that guy simpson...at 19 he was effectively running a north edinburgh racket, which was insane. did he then go inside for a long time and not return to that scene...just remained someone who was obviously very violent and a loose cannon? or did he step back into that world full throttle? given he had two guys sent with machetes only a few years ago from west coast...assuming he must have been seen as some kind of nuisance to someone important over the past decade?

grantsut

Don Dan...my comment from the specific thread setup for this topic (the webley shooting is fairly horrendous but that case in Craigmillar is beyond comprehensible...how on earth was that guy macleod not in an institution after his previous crime against ex wife): 

This honestly to me is one of the most disturbing incidents I've ever known about...and forget within Edinburgh/Scotland...to me its as disturbing as any infamous serial murder case out there. It's just made so much more tangible by way of through knowing that part of the city and those grim tower blocks. 

The poster above who knew one of this psychopaths brothers...fascinating!! I had the unfortunate experience of meeting his murderer's younger brother, Justin Lovell, over a decade ago. He was then found to be a serial rapist and jailed for 7 years...Man guilty of raping two sleeping women in Edinburgh (scotsman.com)

As a city its a funny place Edinburgh...not a 'village' like some people exaggerate, but the degrees of separation between people are ridiculous, particularly if you socialized heavily as a teen across schools (public and state). If you wanted to somehow branch into a social crowd that had connections to people like Webley, it wasn't hard to do. 

Obviously dug a lot into Macleod senior...absolutely terrifying and in my view a cataclysmic failure of the justice system that he was out in the real world after what he did to his ex wife. That in itself was one of the most violent sickening crimes I've read about...she was stunning and for him to take away her image and life like that should have seen him incarcerated indefinitely in an asylum. He clearly wasn't just some violent nutter...was obviously deeply disturbed and suffering from severe psychopathic tendencies. 

The story of how Rowlings and Johnstone were 'invited' around is just terrifying...the worst part of it all is how long the police estimate the incidents went on for, with Rowlings stepping into the flat long after Johnstone's attack would have started. It is just so terrifying...

Speculation as to why it happened? People at the time were quick to assume Rowlings/Johnstone were historical paedophiles online...as I understand it, this is totally untrue and horrifically, they were just two vulnerable people who these animals prayed on. The only thing I can find online is an old reddit comment from the time of crime which claims he knew Des and Bronco to be neighborly friends, constantly around at each others home on genuinely good terms. The whole thing is just so impossible to grasp. 

Anyone else on here come from across the Macleod senior before? It's interesting from earlier poster who knew brother...what the hell made this guy so incredibly violent?! Jesus...so shocking.

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic