Serious incident in Granton

GinRummy

grantsut

I have less than zero interest in football and only memory from living in Edinburgh was that Hibs is leith and hearts is a place i don't know lol. 

does that get me banned from the board i guess?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• steve123

• Ked

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, grantsut said:

I have less than zero interest in football and only memory from living in Edinburgh was that Hibs is leith and hearts is a place i don't know lol. 

So you joined a football forum although you have zero interest in football. Bolt

If you have zero interest in football, but have heard of Hibs, then we understand your problem.

Caps lock, aye?

jambo1975
3 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Oh dear. I haven't seen it. Thanks for sharing. Thought he was just a missing person. 

👍

No worries pal. Police are certainly only positioning it as a missing person but seems that's not the case

grantsut
Just now, Doctor FinnBarr said:

So you joined a football forum although you have zero interest in football. Bolt

you have tons of forums on here that aren't related to football lol - so yeah...

my lord - wonder...snp rule and the hate crime bill really are turning people against each other up there these days!! understandable of course, but thought anonymity but make people a little more relaxed / less self concious!

Just now, grantsut said:

you have tons of forums on here that aren't related to football lol - so yeah...

my lord - wonder...snp rule and the hate crime bill really are turning people against each other up there these days!! understandable of course, but thought anonymity but make people a little more relaxed / less self concious!

Patronising too?

You’ve got the full set, granty.  👀

grantsut
Just now, grantsut said:

in fact scrap that smarky remark, i really am not wanting some kind of back and forth, its pathetic. i literally came on a few days ago to post on here and the craigmillar murder thread...no harm meant whatsoever honestly. 

Cranston
3 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

No worries pal. Police are certainly only positioning it as a missing person but seems that's not the case

👍

Appreciated. 

Just now, grantsut said:

in fact scrap that smarky remark, i really am not wanting some kind of back and forth, its pathetic. i literally came on a few days ago to post on here and the craigmillar murder thread...no harm meant whatsoever honestly. 

:biggrin:

grantsut
Just now, Cranston said:

👍

Appreciated. 

cranston - very interesting to hear about the days with bronco macleod at building firm. 

do you remember him very well? any particular reason he was so terrifying...just completely off the hinges?

someone on reddit said he ran a bar in leith somehow in the 90s. 

how the hell do you go from being some young leith team idiot to ripping off your ex wifes face with a corkscrew to that double murder in craigmillar. just unbelievable that he was allowed to go from stage to stage and cause so much terror until he was 65.

Just now, grantsut said:

cranston - very interesting to hear about the days with bronco macleod at building firm. 

do you remember him very well? any particular reason he was so terrifying...just completely off the hinges?

how the hell do you go from being some young leith team idiot to ripping off your ex wifes face with a corkscrew to that double murder in craigmillar. just unbelievable that he was allowed to go from stage to stage and cause so much terror until he was 65.

The bar was in Duke Street.

How have you heard of the ‘young Leith team’?

Doctor FinnBarr
8 minutes ago, grantsut said:

We have tons of threads that aren't related to football but this is a football forum.

Did you get a stonker when you interviewed Stampy?

grantsut
Just now, Morgan said:

The bar was in Duke Street.

How have you heard of the ‘young Leith team’?

because as i've said like 50 times today....fascinated (no particular reason why) in edinburgh underworld dynamics. was a more than avid welsh reader and have always found it a fascinating city in the sense that tourists see the new town etc but the problems in the schemes around the city are as bad as anywhere in europe...e.g. greendykes was literally the worst in terms of heroin in europe in the 80s/90s...

its just an interesting city and i come from it so makes it very much real. clearly if you are interested in those topics, you've heard of all the silly acronyms lol.

grantsut
2 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

We have tons of threads that aren't related to football but this is a football forum.

Did you get a stonker when you interviewed Stampy?

no idea who stampy is...or what you mean lol. 

cool, well when i want to discuss other topics that interest me and see you have a thread on it, i may well contribute. it just so happens that the craigmillar/webley thing is all i wanted to really contribute / find out more about for now...

and apart from all the police/press stuff, its been good! particularly hearing the posts from people who've actually met the people / people related to them. 

Cranston
2 minutes ago, grantsut said:

Thankfully, I only knew of him. There were people terrified of him, and I was quite gallus back in the day early twenties, I might have put my foot in it with him, and ended up one of his victims if I had met him. He was meant to turn up at our Xmas do, starting in the pubic triangle but he never turned up, thankfully. I knew guys who had run ins with his mob, and he was well very known as a complete nutter, who could handle himself, use weapons and very very violent. I didn't know that he ran a bar back in the day. I know people who knew Bronco very well indeed, but have no intention of asking them about him, as they would be reluctant to talk about him anyway. He's gone now, where he belongs. Should have been locked up with the key thrown away a long time ago.

been here before

MY LIFE WITH CRAIGMILLER MURDER PSYCHO

Edinburg Evening News Exclusive.

This reporter has been in recent contact with an individual who claims to have known double murder monster Ian McLeod going back decades.

The man known only as Cranston agreed to talk only on condition his anonimity was protected.

He told this reporter how McLeod, known as Bronco in his younger days, went frim being a member of Leiths notorious YLT gang of football hooligans to ripping off his ex-wifes face with a corkscrew before commiting a murder that left hardened cops almost unable to comprehend what had happened, causing terror almost unchallenged until he was 65.

Day@theraces

Whoever taught you how to blend into a crowd Grant hasn't done a good job. Are you a friend or family member of Marc or some freelancer looking to fill paragraphs. If the latter you aren't going to get much on this thread.

Cranston
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

MY LIFE WITH CRAIGMILLER MURDER PSYCHO

Edinburg Evening News Exclusive.

This reporter has been in recent contact with an individual who claims to have known double murder monster Ian McLeod going back decades.

The man known only as Cranston agreed to talk only on condition his anonimity was protected.

He told this reporter how McLeod, known as Bronco in his younger days, went frim being a member of Leiths notorious YLT gang of football hooligans to ripping off his ex-wifes face with a corkscrew before commiting a murder that left hardened cops almost unable to comprehend what had happened, causing terror almost unchallenged until he was 65.

👍

Laughed out loud at that. Brilliant patter. 

Doctor FinnBarr
8 minutes ago, grantsut said:

no idea who stampy is...or what you mean lol. 

cool, well when i want to discuss other topics that interest me and see you have a thread on it, i may well contribute. it just so happens that the craigmillar/webley thing is all i wanted to really contribute / find out more about for now...

and apart from all the police/press stuff, its been good! particularly hearing the posts from people who've actually met the people / people related to them. 

Don't think you'll be here long enough to contribute to any topic.

JKB investigators are much better than you.

grantsut
4 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Whoever taught you how to blend into a crowd Grant hasn't done a good job. Are you a friend or family member of Marc or some freelancer looking to fill paragraphs. If the latter you aren't going to get much on this thread.

cool...im not trying to blend into any crowd ha. do you really even think the press or police would be interested in some random thread online where people can just say anything? have you guys had some terrible mishap on a thread before where it led to police kicking down doors / the edinburgh news outlet getting some juicy gossip?

ive finished the day more interested in the paranoid state of edinburgh people vs. bronco and webley ha...seriously uptight guys!!!!

grantsut
2 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Don't think you'll be here long enough to contribute to any topic.

JKB investigators are much better than you.

ok cool...well get the investigators to ask for proof of identify and profession etc so we can get over this massive paranoia hump - because its getting a tad boring on a thread thats supposed to talk about actually interesting topics. 

Day@theraces
Just now, grantsut said:

cool...im not trying to blend into any crowd ha. do you really even think the press or police would be interested in some random thread online where people can just say anything? have you guys had some terrible mishap on a thread before where it led to police kicking down doors / the edinburgh news outlet getting some juicy gossip?

ive finished the day more interested in the paranoid state of edinburgh people vs. bronco and webley ha...seriously uptight guys!!!!

No one is paranoid about either of those two. One is dead and the other will die in jail. Good for a bit of gossip true, but that is human nature.

grantsut
Just now, Day@theraces said:

No one is paranoid about either of those two. One is dead and the other will die in jail. Good for a bit of gossip true, but that is human nature.

yeah...exactly, i could not agree more. so why is everyone so obsessed with the idea that asking questions about it means your police or a journo? 

the press haven't reported on the webley case in months...there isn't anything to report and no one in the mainstream has probably the slightest bit of interest - its just the odd weirdo who finds edinburgh criminality weirdly fascinating (like me). its in the past...its just if you are interested, this thread is a way to ask a bit more about the dynamics that led up to it etc and get the odd bit of gossip from someone who knew someone who knew webley. its harmless!

grantsut
19 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Thankfully, I only knew of him. There were people terrified of him, and I was quite gallus back in the day early twenties, I might have put my foot in it with him, and ended up one of his victims if I had met him. He was meant to turn up at our Xmas do, starting in the pubic triangle but he never turned up, thankfully. I knew guys who had run ins with his mob, and he was well very known as a complete nutter, who could handle himself, use weapons and very very violent. I didn't know that he ran a bar back in the day. I know people who knew Bronco very well indeed, but have no intention of asking them about him, as they would be reluctant to talk about him anyway. He's gone now, where he belongs. Should have been locked up with the key thrown away a long time ago.

as i've said a few times today...after what he did to ex wife, was just insane that he was out living in the real world. there are crimes like disfigurement of a female e.g. acid attacks...that in my opinion should result in instant life sentences. you have no right to be out in the real world if you are capable of something that horrific and life destroying - you may not kill the person, but you take away their entire life. 

wonder how true the irvine welsh begbie inspiration story is? seems plausible...

wouldn't want to be a punter being disorderly in his bar...crazy how someone with a record like he would have had even then is allowed to get a licence!!! 

Armageddon
39 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Aye they’re keen to find him on a Sunday night, piecing bits together he’s ploughed into the Mrs then bolted to over the bridge to Fife.

Can’t wait to read about it on Edinburgh Live 😂

grantsut

as i've said a few times today...after what he did to ex wife, was just insane that he was out living in the real world. there are crimes like disfigurement of a female e.g. acid attacks...that in my opinion should result in instant life sentences. you have no right to be out in the real world if you are capable of something that horrific and life destroying - you may not kill the person, but you take away their entire life. 

wonder how true the irvine welsh begbie inspiration story is? seems plausible...

wouldn't want to be a punter being disorderly in his bar...crazy how someone with a record like he would have had even then is allowed to get a licence!!! 

difficult to stop thinking about those two innocent guys who were his final victims. ironically, after a life of seemingly assaulting other thugs and brawlers, his most horrendous crimes ended up being his innocent ex wife and then two guys classed as vulnerable. justice system has a lot to answer for.

Cranston

It could easily be true, the Irvine Welsh story. While not being a player in the underbelly, he knew lots of people who were at least on the fringes. He would have known of Bronco, and the other nutters who occupied the estates and seedier sides of Edinburgh. 

6 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Has anyone told @grantsut about the two guys being connected with the guy over on the west coast? Irvine I think it was. Pretty sure a lot of the truth lies there. 

A proper wrong un. 

hughesie27
1 hour ago, grantsut said:

dear oh dear...honestly wasn't expecting this reaction coming onto the board with some genuine interest in the edinburgh underworld.

no offence but think maybe people here have a little too high an opinion of this anonymous forum lol!! do you guys really think that some gossip on here is going to have any consequence or usage for the police or press? or maybe i'm just out of the edinburgh bubble for too long now and this is how lothians and borders + cheap crap news outlets try to get information these days?! i don't know...but honestly, i'll throw it out there and just assume that the police have probably got their webley case information from kicking in a few doors and their suspect interviews. seriously...chill out. 

look at my posts...i was reading this thread since january as interested in the case and was even more interested in the craigmillar double murder. there is clearly other interested people as well as my posts today and sparked some interesting convos...

jesus...or maybe the webley shooting has made people in edinburgh way more paranoid these days lol. 

reiterate - not police or press. chill.

FWIW I've been contacted a handful of times over the years by PM from Journalists wanting to see if they can get some quotes/ask further questions from me on a number of topics (Honestly can't even remember what now.) Told them to bolt each time of course. One is actually now Political Editor at a fairly big Newspaper. So that's exactly where Edinburgh Press is at.

grantsut
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

FWIW I've been contacted a handful of times over the years by PM from Journalists wanting to see if they can get some quotes/ask further questions from me on a number of topics (Honestly can't even remember what now.) Told them to bolt each time of course. One is actually now Political Editor at a fairly big Newspaper. So that's exactly where Edinburgh Press is at.

cool...well then that's obviously naivety on my part with how shockingly bad the edinburgh press is - hardly surprising given the lack of critical journalism you seen them give the SNP!!! 

anyway...reiterate - not a journo wanting quotes, just thought there may be others who find going down the rabbit hole of nutters like Macleod weirdly interesting. can see that maybe its just not the right venue, so apologies!

How did you even find this thread if you’ve no interest in football? 🤔

fabienleclerq

because as i've said like 50 times today....fascinated (no particular reason why) in edinburgh underworld dynamics. was a more than avid welsh reader and have always found it a fascinating city in the sense that tourists see the new town etc but the problems in the schemes around the city are as bad as anywhere in europe...e.g. greendykes was literally the worst in terms of heroin in europe in the 80s/90s...

its just an interesting city and i come from it so makes it very much real. clearly if you are interested in those topics, you've heard of all the silly acronyms lol.

So you're from Edinburgh, and don't know where Hearts play? 

Signed up to Hearts forum😂

grantsut
6 minutes ago, kila said:

How did you even find this thread if you’ve no interest in football? 🤔

pretty simple...back in January post the shooting, if you searched google, this thread came up on the 1st page...reading it since then before finally posting yesterday. its no big deal honestly lol...the thread isn't consequential for the police or the press.

hughesie27
Just now, grantsut said:

pretty simple...back in January post the shooting, if you searched google, this thread came up on the 1st page...reading it since then before finally posting yesterday. its no big deal honestly lol...the thread isn't consequential for the police or the press.

Can confirm this was the first thing on Google tbf.

grantsut
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

So you're from Edinburgh, and don't know where Hearts play? 

Signed up to Hearts forum😂

near gorgie / dalry? 

yeah its a hearts forum but you have thousands of threads related to non football topics...sorry i didn't realise being a football fan was a pre requisite to signing up...forgive me!!! what a terrible crime...

maybe put a call in to lothians and borders, surely a law up there now which i've breached that the snp have introduced.

fabienleclerq

near gorgie / dalry? 

yeah its a hearts forum but you have thousands of threads related to non football topics...sorry i didn't realise being a football fan was a pre requisite to signing up...forgive me!!! what a terrible crime...

maybe put a call in to lothians and borders, surely a law up there now which i've breached that the snp have introduced.

Ignore the football fan stuff then.

You're from Edinburgh and having to guess where Hearts play. Not a chance.

Why do you keep bringing up the snp?

Edited by fabienleclerq

grantsut
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Can confirm this was the first thing on Google tbf.

thank you!!! lol 

Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

What were your search terms?

Massive knobs. Though to be fair that could bring up any number of threads on here. 

grantsut
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Give the guy a break. He’s obsessed with the Edinburgh underworld, hails from Edinburgh, knows where almost of the football teams in the city play, definitely isn’t a journalist (as he has told us several times) or involved in the matter, and has, for four months, been using this thread  to follow the story. 

I mean, why would anyone be suspicious?

what is there to be suspicious about? its an anonymous thread and its been 4 months since the shooting...what exactly do you think could suddenly appear on the here that anyone out there would give a toss about??? its like you are convinced this thread holds the key to solving webley's death or the craigmillar murder...very odd. its completely inconsequential and a platform for gossip - which is great!

im not obsessed - i have an interest. the thread was entertaining to read - nothing interesting in the press about it. i hate football...literally could not have less interest.

Cranston
7 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Give the guy a break. He’s obsessed with the Edinburgh underworld, hails from Edinburgh, knows where almost all of the football teams in the city play, definitely isn’t a journalist (as he has told us several times) or involved in the matter, and has, for four months, been using this thread  to follow the story. 

I mean, why would anyone be suspicious?

To be fair. the Edinburgh underworld is bewilderingly oversubscribed, given how beautiful a city it actually is. The 'them v us' 'rich v poor' is vast, and given that drugs have grown very substantially, in every area of society, its no surprise crime and violence has increased significantly across the world.

hughesie27
11 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

What were your search terms?

Probably Marc Webley Edinburgh. It was within a day or 2 of the shooting. 

Doctor FinnBarr
5 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

:rofl:

He's a fud Jim, best ignored.

grantsut
4 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

:rofl:

glad its so funny....seriously...i think you have too high an opinion of the board and its potential for impact in the real world mate. 

the only reason its worth following is that the mainstream press is so bad and the webley commentary focused more on that infernal girl Park who basically just seemed to sh*g gangster after gangster from different parts of the city - she'd rub up one in the south part of the city the wrong way, and then had to presumably move onto webley. 

my only sympathy for him really, his last few months being spent with her.

grantsut
1 minute ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

He's a fud Jim, best ignored.

nice...on what basis exactly? what is it that annoys you so much about me asking questions on a discussion thread lol?

you strike me as the kind of person who is making the most of the SNP's hate crime bill...

Armageddon
37 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Massive knobs. Though to be fair that could bring up any number of threads on here. 

Apart from the one about wee knobs that I started, but I then deleted it as I became concerned for those that had wee knobs, or people that knew people that had wee knobs.

hughesie27
6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Apart from the one about wee knobs that I started, but I then deleted it as I became concerned for those that had wee knobs, or people that knew people that had wee knobs.

Some of my best mates have wee knobs.

Doctor FinnBarr
20 minutes ago, grantsut said:

nice...on what basis exactly? what is it that annoys you so much about me asking questions on a discussion thread lol?

you strike me as the kind of person who is making the most of the SNP's hate crime bill...

Have I mentioned politics? You don't know if I vote or if I do who I vote for. Fud

grantsut
Just now, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Have I mentioned politics? You don't know if I vote or if I do who I vote for. Fud

nothing to do with who you vote for mate...you obviously aren't able to read / deduct statements properly either...

I'm implying - irrespective of who you vote for - that you are the kind of individual who is small minded and parochial...possibly even angry, but unsure of what they are actually angry about. I mean how could anyone infer anything different given your obvious anger at someone coming onto a discussion thread and daring to ask questions on it.

you my friend are the only fud here. get a grip.

Armageddon
13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Some of my best mates have wee knobs.

I fell out of contact with all my wee knobbed mates, they were always really difficult to get a hold of….

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic