***Official Heart of Midlothian v Kilmarnock Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

2 hours ago, RDSK said:

He’s had 1 red card in 2 years playing for hearts? 

Just leave him in his 'drama queen world', he loves any negative towards Hearts and Ann Budge.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Clark Griswold

• Don Dan

On 11/08/2023 at 11:20, pettigrewsstylist said:

Not sure Devlins performance last night keeps other out.

Agree. Denholm or Hoff for me.

No Idle Talk
27 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Depends on the opposition. A team with a high line, likely to push up, press etc - using pace against them would really help break lines, create chances etc.

A team like Kilmarnock are likely to sit in and try and hit us on the counter or take opportunities from set pieces. 

If they do this, we will need guile and intelligence to break them down, more than pace. If the game starts to open up, stretch - that’s when to utilise pace. 

Hmm fair comment. But we will probably have to try and draw them out a bit to create space and we will need pace then. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

He is a liability in my eyes. 

Our top goal scorer last Season and a guy with 30 goals in 49 games is a liability?

There's edgy then there's making a complete right breast of yourself.

You've crossed the line, the line is fast becoming a dot.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Our top goal scorer last Season and a guy with 30 goals in 49 games is a liability?

Of course he isn't. 

Stop quoting him and put him on ignore like most of us ffs.

18 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Hmm fair comment. But we will probably have to try and draw them out a bit to create space and we will need pace then. 

Can't imagine Killie will play any other way than we've seen before, launching high balls into our box. Hopefully we can stop that happening but Ive been impressed with Kent's defensive abilities so far so maybe we'll be better at coping with that.

27 minutes ago, feej said:

Can't imagine Killie will play any other way than we've seen before, launching high balls into our box. Hopefully we can stop that happening but Ive been impressed with Kent's defensive abilities so far so maybe we'll be better at coping with that.

I'm expecting a repeat of last years 1st game at Tynie from them but I'm hoping for a wee bit more guile from us to open them up.

Would be good to go 3 up, then bring on some of the younger boys. Denhom impressed me on Thursday. A good passer, and he looks to have spent a lot of time on weights so won't be easily bullied off the ball.

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think you are right.  

But I don’t like the Boyce / Shankland combo and I’d personally prefer to keep him fit for Thursday.  

+ Boyce has been excellent so far

He will play both and be fine. He’s our top scorer and any sniff of a chance the best player on the park to put it away. Taking him out our team weakens it. Has to play for me. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

There's edgy then there's making a complete right breast of yourself.

You've crossed the line, the line is fast becoming a dot.

Aww mate..do not feed the Troll (The Head Troll at that ! )

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He is a liability in my eyes. 

genuinely want to know if you attend any games ? 
If so would you care to expand on why you think Shanklands is a liability ?  And who you’d like in his place ? Maybe Harry Kane ?

2 hours ago, stuart500 said:

It's going to be horses for courses this season I suspect and we know that Killie will try to out muscle us. 

On that basis we need to start with a more physical presence.

Clark

Natty Kent Rowles Kingsley

Haring Halliday

Oda     Shankland    Boyce

Tagawa

Natty and Kingsley to attack down the flanks with Haring and Halliday dropping in to cover.

Plenty of quality (albeit yet unproven) to come on in Hoff, Lowry, Vargas. Also Sibbick, Devlin, Grant and Forrest.

Both to use their lightening pace to cover.

52 minutes ago, feej said:

McInnes will no doubt come out with the crap about having to try and match our physicality.

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Depends on the opposition. A team with a high line, likely to push up, press etc - using pace against them would really help break lines, create chances etc.

A team like Kilmarnock are likely to sit in and try and hit us on the counter or take opportunities from set pieces. 

If they do this, we will need guile and intelligence to break them down, more than pace. If the game starts to open up, stretch - that’s when to utilise pace. 

I don't think there is any doubt that this is how they will play.

We need to be able to defend free kicks better than we did against them last season as well.

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

If so would you care to expand on why you think Shanklands is a liability ?  And who you’d like in his place ? Maybe Harry Kane ?

:troll: Don't bite to this muppet mate, he's only craving attention! Strange that he's back on here after the spoonburners got  result in midweek! - then again maybe not 

3 minutes ago, Firefox said:

:troll: Don't bite to this muppet mate, he's only craving attention! Strange that he's back on here after the spoonburners got  result in midweek! - then again maybe not 

Not 1 person on this board takes him seriously and can see him for exactly what he is.

attn-attention-seeker.gif

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, feej said:

Aye I'd imagine it will be much the same as we usually see from them. They're pretty well organised which is why I think pace will be important. Sometimes you just can't defend speed. Having someone fast up front also brings the best out of Shankland. 

gordon simpson
28 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

he is a hibs troll constantly at the wind up 

34 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Eh?

Devlin is the liability in my eyes ffs. I love Shankland. How did you read my posts as meaning Shankland.

:wtfvlad:

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Devlin is the liability in my eyes ffs. I love Shankland. How did you read my posts as meaning Shankland.

Maybe something to do with you referring to Shanks as a liability?

Screenshot2023-08-12at14-46-49OfficialHeartofMidlothianvKilmarnockMatchThread.thumb.png.d382f9582f0a8073998fadc5b4dd081e.png

28 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Mea culpa...  :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

Maybe something to do with you referring to Shanks as a liability?

Screenshot2023-08-12at14-46-49OfficialHeartofMidlothianvKilmarnockMatchThread.thumb.png.d382f9582f0a8073998fadc5b4dd081e.png

No idea what happened there then. I clearly replied to the wrong post. We were talking about Devlin.

For the avoidance of further doubt I very much rate Shankland.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Perhaps because you were answering a post that referred to Shankland, and no one else. You're either a fool or are lying.

Jambof3tornado
45 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Not 1 person on this board takes him seriously and can see him for exactly what he is.

attn-attention-seeker.gif

I think once someone has been IGNORED by 100 users, they should be removed fully for the benefit of all.

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Your reply as below to a post. Devlin never even mentioned 

IMG_3919.thumb.jpeg.f8670d46a655be43ad51636a1424a903.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I think once someone has been IGNORED by 100 users, they should be removed fully for the benefit of all.

Good shout.

7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sticking you on ignore 😂

Hopefully lessons have been learned and we start with a 4231 

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Haring Hoff

Oda shankland Grant/Forrest

Tagawa 

5 minutes ago, Rods said:

Haring Hoff

Tagawa 

Decent effort with team selection other the “Run Forrest Run” who is simply not near good enough.

19 minutes ago, Rods said:

Haring Hoff

Tagawa 

Like that team except!

Please not Forrest😯

Grant would be ok , but maybe Lowry instead, think we are going to need a bit of guile to break Killie down

Watt-Zeefuik

This is another game I'd really like to see us run out that 4-1-4-1 formation again. We had success with it with Devlin in the past but I think Hoff might be really good as the lone DM.

Oda and Vargas/Forrest on the outside, Shanks and Grant/Lowry inside, Tagawa up top.

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Still waiting on pre match presser to hear if Vargas available for this game 

Hopefully everything through in time. Judging on what Naismith or Frankie said (can’t remember) I think he’ll be used sparingly at first. 

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

This is another game I'd really like to see us run out that 4-1-4-1 formation again. We had success with it with Devlin in the past but I think Hoff might be really good as the lone DM.

Oda and Vargas/Forrest on the outside, Shanks and Grant/Lowry inside, Tagawa up top.

Surely you wouldn’t ask Calem to play that role initially, he’ll still be finding his feet. Best to have Haring in beside him. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hopefully everything through in time. Judging on what Naismith or Frankie said (can’t remember) I think he’ll be used sparingly at first. 

Yeah would imagine if clearance through he'd be on bench at best

hearts 4 the cup

I love shankland and he’s easily the most natural goal scorer playing in Scotland right  now but he can frustrate the life out of me at times! 

in other news, does anyone know if Vargas is likely to be in the squad tomorrow? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

I love shankland and he’s easily the most natural goal scorer playing in Scotland right  now but he can frustrate the life out of me at times! 

in other news, does anyone know if Vargas is likely to be in the squad tomorrow? 

Hearts haven't said if he's available or not as yet

hearts 4 the cup
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Hearts haven't said if he's available or not as yet

thanks - hope he is as could be a good surprise option of the bench 

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, CMc said:

Thought Grant offered something when he came on midweek. 

Him and Lowry most like to find the pass to unlock a packed defence. 

I mostly find Grant vexing - he is a good player (despite some other people’s views), usually makes an impact when he comes on but can be relatively anonymous if he starts a game.

5 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

We absolutely do need pace. Surely the last two matches have demonstrated that. 

The only demonstration I've noticed is Oda and Shankland can take their goalscoring  chances inside the box without the need for pace.   Both goals from high crosses.   We need movement and players with good control.   Not pinging off their foot and losing the ball in tight spaces.    Pace useful if we get the first goal and they push forward trying to equalise. 

Anyways, I'm looking forward to see what Hearts come up with to smash Kilmarnock. 

5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The only demonstration I've noticed is Oda and Shankland can take their goalscoring  chances inside the box without the need for pace.   Both goals from high crosses.   We need movement and players with good control.   Not pinging off their foot and losing the ball in tight spaces.    Pace useful if we get the first goal and they push forward trying to equalise. 

Anyways, I'm looking forward to see what Hearts come up with to smash Kilmarnock. 

Agree.  There was very little evidence of close control on Thursday.

clark 

atkinson rowles kent kingsley 

haring   devlin 

tagawa shankland lowry 

boyce 

team should do well v killie

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Clark

Atkinson Kent Sibbick Kingsley

Calem Haring

Oda Shankland Lowry

Tagawa 

For me please 🙏

Agreed mate👍

Rick Sanchez

Killie are Set Piece FC under McInnes. Get Kent on Findlay and get a bit more height in.

Kent, Sibbick, Haring, Shankland, Tagawa.

I'm not one for worrying about what they'll do but when we're weak at clearing pieces and they'll be shelling them from the half way line and all other angles, we need to be ready.

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Clark

Atkinson Kent Sibbick Kingsley

Calem Haring

Oda Shankland Lowry

Tagawa 

For me please 🙏

Close to what I said early on. Tough on Boyce as he looks really sharp.