***Official Heart of Midlothian v Kilmarnock Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

By exaggerating so much you make yourself look foolish.  

I’m not the only fan who thinks this way it’s funny you are always one of the first to pop up , do you ever agree with anyone on this forum or are you looking for attention again it was a point of view I am entitled to make , if you can’t bring anything viable to the discussion don’t bother

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Clark Griswold

• Don Dan

buzzbomb1958
48 minutes ago, Bauld said:

The reasons are actually many.

For me, I'm sick of the experiments. 

I am sick of seeing us on the edge of something good and then making a ***** of it because we are trying to be different.

Neilson left us the first time around in 2nd place. We had an opportunity to take that ball and run with it. Instead we tried to experiment and be different.

Neilson leaves again after a 3rd place and 4th place finish. Now we have this. Time will tell but it just feels like more of the same experimenting, Same failure to take full advantage of our position. 

For me, I just want us to push the boat out a bit. Get a solid manager in with good experience, Good man management skills, good connections for signing players. Hopefully takes us to that next level that we do look ready for. Less ****ing about. 

Just frustrated that so far it feels like we've squandered our potential.  

Thanks for your view on this , always good to get a sensible opinion instead of the usual suspects making it all about themselves 👍

2 hours ago, whodanny said:

Is Beni okay to be on the bench ?, I thought he picked up a hamstring strain on Thursday. If he's okay, I'd like to see him gets some minutes late in the game, if we're in a comfortable position.

By all accounts we won't see Beni today, he seems to be given the weekend to rest and reasses for Thursday. Tweaked hamstring. 

Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

I’m not the only fan who thinks this way it’s funny you are always one of the first to pop up , do you ever agree with anyone on this forum or are you looking for attention again it was a point of view I am entitled to make , if you can’t bring anything viable to the discussion don’t bother

Yeah attack me because you said the club was treating the fans with contempt.  That was a really ‘viable’ comment and not at all attention seeking. 

I’ll take that on board. 

9 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Cannot wait for kick off.

See you behind the goals fellow owners 😉

This from me also

Going to be a tough game 

They  have improved and they will be reliant on set plays today as they won’t have forgotten we could  not defend our box against them last season.

Avoid giving away needless free kicks and throw ins  in dangerous areas and we should have enough to win this. 

buzzbomb1958
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah attack me because you said the club was treating the fans with contempt.  That was a really ‘viable’ comment and not at all attention seeking. 

I’ll take that on board. 

I’m not attacking you , look through your posts , you never agree with anyone, it’s a fans forum , these said fans can express their views and start discussing their views not just attacking the poster to make you feel better 

Edited by buzzbomb1958

David McCaig
47 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Can you explain that one?

we won our first game of the season comfortably 2-0. 2-1 down in a euro tie we are still very much in with winning. What potential are you harking on about, that we’re squandering? On those results there’s nothing about the management that’s causing problems so bringing in a manager just to appease fans, regardless of current footballing results, is (with all due respect) bucking thick

We've gambled slightly by signing players later in the window who are either unavailable or not quite 100% good to go from minute 1 of the season.

However, this approach appears to have allowed us to do better business than would have been the case had we been hasty.

Despite this there is a very good chance that by 5pm next Sunday we will be top of the SPL and through to the play off round in the Conference League.

Edited by David McCaig

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Bacon sarnie in preparation, shower shave and whatever coming up.

The Happy Birnam Bus to the first home game of the season beckons

This could be our year...........

Exactly same pre-match ritual

Train to the match with other devotees starts in at 11.30  and Diggers the first call before Church at 3pm

3 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I’m not attacking you , look through your posts , you never agree with anyone, it’s a fans forum , these said fans can express their views and start discussing their views not just attacking the poster to make you feel like it

I agree with plenty people. Saying the fans are being treated with contempt just sounds idiotic to me. I’m honestly not saying you’re an idiot because most of your posts seem very sensible but that comment was just utter pish imo. 

But explain why you think we are being treated with contempt and I’ll happily agree if it’s a good explanation. You don’t need to tell me communication has been quite poor because I already know that. Just tell me why that amounts to contempt. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, whodanny said:

Is Beni okay to be on the bench ?, I thought he picked up a hamstring strain on Thursday. If he's okay, I'd like to see him gets some minutes late in the game, if we're in a comfortable position.

He felt twinge....nobody outwith the club will know the extent of how serious this twinge was.

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

I hope Forrest is nowhere near the starting XI.

If he gets consistent starts then we've gone backwards. I'm hoping one of the new lads has him bench warming immediately. 

I think he'll be bench warming fairly soon but it's probably too soon for the new lads to start. He's not as bad as people are making out, imo. Does a fair bit of running to to wear out opposition players so the subs can make more of an impact. 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think he'll be bench warming fairly soon but it's probably too soon for the new lads to start. He's not as bad as people are making out, imo. Does a fair bit of running to to wear out opposition players so the subs can make more of an impact. 

Can’t see him starting today but he’s done fine in the first couple of games. Everyone is excited to see new signings so I sort of understand but Forrest hasn’t been anywhere near our worst player in either of the two games and the criticism is a wee bit OTT. 

I'd like to see a bit of a shake up in the midfield, think Grant should get a start alongside neuwenhof, Devlin needs dropped after that performance on Thursday.

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This season seem to be really awful for dialogue between the club and the fans , it’s very much like they are treating the fans with contempt, can’t put my finger on it but the relationship between club and fans has become strained over the last two seasons , I may be wrong but that’s how it seems IMO 

Maybe the fans are just more entitled. 

The downside of the FOH fan ownership model, everyone thinks they are an owner and entitled to be kept informed about absolutely everything. 

Folk need to chill out imo. 

Haring to start please. I love Camny but he's not been at the races so perhaps starting him on the bench along with Beni. A good game to start Denholm too. 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t see him starting today but he’s done fine in the first couple of games. Everyone is excited to see new signings so I sort of understand but Forrest hasn’t been anywhere near our worst player in either of the two games and the criticism is a wee bit OTT. 

Yeah, it's always good to get a look at the new guys. Hopefully we see them today (well i won't as I'm working) and they put in a good shift. I'm not really expecting them to start though and I'm not expecting Boyces to be starting, either. I think Naismith might keep easing him in slowly, especially after Beni's injury. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Maybe the fans are just more entitled. 

The downside of the FOH fan ownership model, everyone thinks they are an owner and entitled to be kept informed about absolutely everything. 

Folk need to chill out imo. 

I'm just delighted that my FOH sub has helped save the club and secure its future. I don't need to be informed if we have run out of prawn sandwiches or every behind the scenes decision making.

14 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I agree. He isn't our level. But in that first half against Rosenborg he was the only player at it. 

By all accounts he is a great lad and will do anything to help the team.

He isn't our level but we should support him, unfortunately some in our support just can't do that for certain players. It's bonkers.

4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I'm just delighted that my FOH sub has helped save the club and secure its future. I don't need to be informed if we have run out of prawn sandwiches or every behind the scenes decision making.

We've run out of prawn sandwiches??? Well that's Sunday ruined.

i wish jj was my dad
34 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Thanks for your view on this , always good to get a sensible opinion instead of the usual suspects making it all about themselves 👍

I think Naismith will turn out to be the real deal tbh and the club see that. If we hadn't appointed him somebody else would have and we'd regret it.  The issue with his qualifications is a lot of bollocks and the work around although not ideal is sensible. 

10 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

I'd like to see a bit of a shake up in the midfield, think Grant should get a start alongside neuwenhof, Devlin needs dropped after that performance on Thursday.

Maybe too much of a gamble for me. It'll be a key area and busy. Harring is reliable so maybe him and the Hoff or him and Grant. Definitely think Devlin needs some bench time.

i wish jj was my dad
3 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

I agree. He isn't our level. But in that first half against Rosenborg he was the only player at it. 

He isn't our level but we should support him, unfortunately some in our support just can't do that for certain players. It's bonkers.

Good post. I was saying similar stuff with my mates last night. 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, Daveandal said:

If he stays he'll be used sparingly when everyone else is up to speed, i would think. He should still get chances and, like you say, he wasn't short of effort on Thursday. If everyone else had been putting that much effort in it would have been a completely different game. 

Hungry hippo

Surprised so few posters are predicting Nieuwenhof to start. Think he's a cert as fully fit and fresh after not travelling to Norway.

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

last 10 meetings graphic

Hope Naismith/McAvoy have this posted on the dressing room wall.

That is ******* honking. We need to put this right. Starting today.

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

That is ******* honking. We need to put this right. Starting today.

Exactly. We all know how they will play and we need to put a team out that match them and more in every department.

Today is not a day for anyone who does not give 100% from the start until they leave the pitch.

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

last 10 meetings graphic

I couldn't believe that, so did a wee Google search.

The stats I saw were not the same, but depressingly similar:

Kilmarnock won 6

Drawn 1

Hearts won 3

The stats for "all time" versus Kilmarnock are a lot closer than I'd have estimated.

7 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Surprised so few posters are predicting Nieuwenhof to start. Think he's a cert as fully fit and fresh after not travelling to Norway.

I would imagine it's because he is still trying to adjust to the pace of the game here and if he doesn't start today then I would imagine he will come on from the bench.

1 minute ago, Ski Nae said:

I couldn't believe that, so did a wee Google search.

The stats I saw were not the same, but depressingly similar:

Kilmarnock won 6

Drawn 1

Hearts won 3

The stats for "all time" versus Kilmarnock are a lot closer than I'd have estimated.

I did take this from the BBC so I suppose there is every chance that it is not 100% accurate as most things are on the BBC.

I had a look at their choose you team for the game graphic and had to laugh at their ineptitude. The article about the game said Vargas and Tagawa were probably going to make their home debuts but their names were on the team sheet. Neither was Shankland but they had Cochrane on there who is banned. Great bit of research by the Beeb. Shower of muppets.

The Mercer Takeover
10 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

He's had a dreadful start to his Hearts career, so should be nowhere near the first team. We need Devlin's energy.

We must start with a high tempo though, as Killie will be up for this.

Bad Religion
22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

last 10 meetings graphic

That is absolutely appalling. What a shit show we've been the last few years.

Pete Elliott
3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Haring Devlin

Grant 

Oda Shankland Forrest 

:wtf:

18 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I agree think it will be him and Haring in the middle 

6 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

He's had a dreadful start to his Hearts career, so should be nowhere near the first team. We need Devlin's energy.

Dreadful 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Grant and Haring must start, no Forrest please.

Why would you start Grant?  You say no Forrest please. I would say no Grant please. 

Horatio Caine
6 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Really?? I think that's a bit OTT.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Why would you start Grant?  You say no Forrest please. I would say no Grant please. 

100%

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

last 10 meetings graphic

Oh wish I hadn’t seen that 

MarkDevriesScores4

Expecting a tough match today. Killie looked really well organised last week. Need to keep it tight at the back. Think it could be another game where subs make the impact that changes the game. 

going for a 2-0

HHGH

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I would imagine it's because he is still trying to adjust to the pace of the game here and if he doesn't start today then I would imagine he will come on from the bench.

I have the same trouble on the roads around here. Having to drive at 20 mph when you've been used to going at 30 (and more) for years is a difficult adjustment to make.

Edited by JohnB

Horatio Caine

Well, this is great.  In the last few posts we've managed to totally massacre all our midfield options.

Oh to be an expert 😂:whistling: