***Official Heart of Midlothian v Kilmarnock Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

One thing we a need a fast start , hopefully a quick goal . We cannot let them settle.

need to play to feet whether that’s down the wings or through the middle, as they will love if we play high balls into the box 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Clark Griswold

• Don Dan

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

In off his belly!!

On a side note I wish I was as fat as shanks!!

Agreed. I think Lip Up would be a pretty fitting goal song for our magnificent captain. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I see what you're saying. But to flip it on it's head a little bit, it would be a risky and foolish strategy to keep our pacy players on the bench consistently and settle for staying in the game for an hour then try to win it at the end. I'm not saying that's what you're advocating but it's not a sound tactic in my view. 

We need to utilise any pace we have to the maximum. That means for ninety minutes. If Tagawa turns out to be a player, we won't be using him as a second half supersub. He'll be an integral starter. He won't be kept in reserve until the opposition tires. 

We had no Mckay and Tagawa was in the door 5 minutes.

We pissed with the cock we had.

We play our best available XI from the start and win the game as quick as possible.

I'd like to see Shankland in the hole with Tagawa playing as the number 9. Oda wide right and Lowry left. Haring starts with one other in CM, and the goalkeeper and back 4 of Clark, Atkinson, Kent, Rowles and Kingsley.

Bench 

McGovern

Sibbick

Beni

Boyce

Vargas 

Denholm (starter?)

Devlin (starter?)

Nieuwenhof (starter?)

Grant

14 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

We play our best available XI from the start and win the game as quick as possible.

I'd like to see Shankland in the hole with Tagawa playing as the number 9. Oda wide right and Lowry left. Haring starts with one other in CM, and the goalkeeper and back 4 of Clark, Atkinson, Kent, Rowles and Kingsley.

Bench 

McGovern

Sibbick

Beni

Boyce

Vargas 

Denholm (starter?)

Devlin (starter?)

Nieuwenhof (starter?)

Grant

Never read your whole post and wondered if we had signed a new goalie called Bench. 

I've seen that Gordon is back in training with the rest of the squad, when can we expect him back between the sticks?

Edited by JamboMaddy

scott herbertson

Bacon sarnie in preparation, shower shave and whatever coming up.

The Happy Birnam Bus to the first home game of the season beckons

This could be our year...........

19 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Showered and shaved and scoffing breakfast here, bus to Stirling train to Haymarket, pint by 12 o'clock !!  'Mon the Hearts !!!

6 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Bench 

McGovern

Sibbick

Beni

Boyce

Vargas 

Denholm (starter?)

Devlin (starter?)

Nieuwenhof (starter?)

Grant

Is Beni okay to be on the bench ?, I thought he picked up a hamstring strain on Thursday. If he's okay, I'd like to see him gets some minutes late in the game, if we're in a comfortable position.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Is Beni okay to be on the bench ?, I thought he picked up a hamstring strain on Thursday. If he's okay, I'd like to see him gets some minutes late in the game, if we're in a comfortable position.

Well nobody knows because Hearts have returned to silent treatment 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Guess we'll find out soon enough when the teams announced later. Does seem to be a bit of a stoney silence. Maybe not wanting to own up to the mistake of starting him.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, whodanny said:

Guess we'll find out soon enough when the teams announced later. Does seem to be a bit of a stoney silence. Maybe not wanting to own up to the mistake of starting him.

Just strange not had the usual pre match presser 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Just strange not had the usual pre match presser 

Are the pressers not usually on a Thursday ?  Maybe haven't done one with the squad being away in Norway. I dunno 🤷‍♀️

Kilmarnock are definitely a superior team to last season.

They've recruited well and every player is an improvement on someone they've moved on.

It will be a test. They will make it difficult in midfield and they'll be difficult to break down in defence.

It will be interesting to see how our new forwards go about this and how well the management team set up tactically. 

Dick Dastardly

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Haring Devlin

Grant 

Oda Shankland Forrest 

3-0 Hearts Shankland, Grant and Tagawa to score. 

21 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Possibly don't want our fans to crucify him on any post / statement they put out. Boy has been through enough the last season or two.

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Possibly don't want our fans to crucify him on any post / statement they put out. Boy has been through enough the last season or two.

Agreed.

Absolute Scenes
23 minutes ago, whodanny said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/frankie-mcavoy-speaks-on-taking-responsibility-for-hearts-errors-at-rosenborg-and-explains-beni-baningime-issue-4251427

54 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

That's the spirit. 😎

But, I'm sick fed up of playing other teams whose recruitment strategy seems to rely on signing players by the Lb. Big strong lads of limited ability seems to be the go to for certain clubs.

This'll be (yet) another game v a team from the land of the giants. Just wait & see when the teams line up.

Ach weel, the bigger they are, the harder they'll fall.

JamboJoker98

There was a Banderson article that said Hearts were waiting to see how his injury settled over the weekend. Which I took for code that "we don't want to talk about it yet" and so almost definitely out this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Pretty much makes sense, but it still might be better to introduce him gradually later in games.

Auld Reekin'
6 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Never read your whole post and wondered if we had signed a new goalie called Bench. 

Bentsch Warmer: German midfielder, signed from FC Krankenhausweg in the Bundesliga 3. :icon14:

Edited by Auld Reekin'

21 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Haring Devlin

Grant 

Oda Shankland Forrest 

3-0 Hearts Shankland, Grant and Tagawa to score. 

I hope Forrest is nowhere near the starting XI.

If he gets consistent starts then we've gone backwards. I'm hoping one of the new lads has him bench warming immediately. 

I’m hoping for dream debuts for the new guy’s, a chance to install themselves as fans favourites. C’mon the Hearts.

Go for it 1308
18 minutes ago, Homme said:

The fans won't crucify him for starting...its the ****ing management  who should be getting pelters for starting him . I'm still ****ing raging at that

buzzbomb1958
46 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This season seem to be really awful for dialogue between the club and the fans , it’s very much like they are treating the fans with contempt, can’t put my finger on it but the relationship between club and fans has become strained over the last two seasons , I may be wrong but that’s how it seems IMO 

Edited by buzzbomb1958

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This season seem to be really awful for dialogue between the club and the fans , it’s very much like they are treating the fans with contempt, can’t put my finger on it but the relationship between club and fans has become strained over the last two seasons , I may be wrong but that’s how it seems IMO 

As far back as I can remember we've always done pre match pressers ! Think it's because they don't want constant questions about our managerial set up which I understand but even if that's the case do the presser by our own media team and release through our own website 

Hopefully lessons have been learnt from the team selection last game, I expect a strong attacking set up. 3 nil incoming ❤️ 

Finlay James
15 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

😅

18 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

By exaggerating so much you make yourself look foolish.  

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

By exaggerating so much you make yourself look foolish.  

Correct. 
There will ALWAYS be something the club aren’t doing well enough according to some fans. Club store not answering the phone, ticket turnstiles not opening quick enough, coffee pH level not high enough, kebabs not kebaby enough. Give it a rest 

36 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This season seem to be really awful for dialogue beyclub and the fans , it’s very much like they are treating the fans with contempt, can’t put my finger on it but the relationship between club and fans has become strained over the last two seasons 

The reasons are actually many.

For me, I'm sick of the experiments. 

I am sick of seeing us on the edge of something good and then making a ***** of it because we are trying to be different.

Neilson left us the first time around in 2nd place. We had an opportunity to take that ball and run with it. Instead we tried to experiment and be different.

Neilson leaves again after a 3rd place and 4th place finish. Now we have this. Time will tell but it just feels like more of the same experimenting, Same failure to take full advantage of our position. 

For me, I just want us to push the boat out a bit. Get a solid manager in with good experience, Good man management skills, good connections for signing players. Hopefully takes us to that next level that we do look ready for. Less ****ing about. 

Just frustrated that so far it feels like we've squandered our potential.  

Edited by Bauld

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

I am sick of seeing us on the edge of something good and then making a ***** of it because we are trying to be different.

Neilson left us the first time around in 2nd place. We had an opportunity to take that ball and run with it. Instead we tried to experiment and be different.

Neilson leaves again after a 3rd place and 4th place finish. Now we have this. Time will tell but it just feels like more of the same experimenting, Same failure to take full advantage of our position. 

For me, I just want us to push the boat out a bit. Get a solid manager in with good, experience, Good man management skills, good connections for signing players. Hopefully takes us to that next level that we do look ready for. Less ****ing about. 

No solid manager with good experience in a comparable league is going to come to us unless it’s someone on the way down in his career. We don’t pay enough and anyone up and coming will get snapped up by bigger clubs. It’s no coincidence that our best manager since admin had close to zero experience when we gave him a chance. 

The only thing experimental about the current set up is how it is presented to the public. Otherwise, we’ve just taken on an inexperienced manager which, for me, is better than taking on a confirmed failure or an spl guy like Robinson or McInnes. Whoever we choose though, we aren’t shopping in a good market. Look at the pigs ear Aberdeen and Hibs have made of it in recent years and that gives an idea of the marketplace we’re in. 

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

For me, I just want us to push the boat out a bit. Get a solid manager in with good experience, Good man management skills, good connections for signing players. Hopefully takes us to that next level that we do look ready for. Less ****ing about. 

We might have that already. Obviously lacking in managerial experience, but who's to say Naisy is not going to be a great manager. Far too early to judge, far too early to wish for someone else. We could have went for an experienced manager like wee Lee eh? Experience doesn't always guarantee we wouldn't have ended up with a costly dud! 

Probably more blind optimism than anything else but we're going to win this 4-1. The new signings will all shine, and we'll all go home happy and top of the league.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Can you explain that one?

we won our first game of the season comfortably 2-0. 2-1 down in a euro tie we are still very much in with winning. What potential are you harking on about, that we’re squandering? On those results there’s nothing about the management that’s causing problems so bringing in a manager just to appease fans, regardless of current footballing results, is (with all due respect) bucking thick

This will be a really tough game, Killie will be well organised and dangerous on the break and especially at set pieces.

Any sort of win would be great with the new additiond bedding in.

7 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Bench 

McGovern

Sibbick

Beni

Boyce

Vargas 

Denholm (starter?)

Devlin (starter?)

Nieuwenhof (starter?)

Grant

Have to agree with this. Pretty much spot on.

9 hours ago, fila said:

One thing we a need a fast start , hopefully a quick goal . We cannot let them settle.

need to play to feet whether that’s down the wings or through the middle, as they will love if we play high balls into the box 

We need to be willing to go with a mix of tactics. When we still rigidly to a single tactic we become predictable and easy to defend against.

That was one of the problems on Thursday. They worked out that if they broke up our attacks early with cheap free kicks around the half way line, they wouldn't be booked and we would wait for their entire team to get behind the ball. We would then take the free kicks with a short pass to the side or backwards before playing lots of sideways passes in front of their defence and midfield until eventually we misplaced a pass and they won back possession. The result was really high possession stats but few shots. If we had launched a couple of those free kicks into the box, Rosenberg would have had to consider that giving away free kicks on the halfway line  was a dangerous tactic, giving us more opportunity to successfully play on the break. It was no surprise that when we finally shook things up we took a free kick long from the halfway line we scored.

It's not about becoming a long ball team, it's about becoming a team that is unpredictable.

18 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Solid and experienced is far too boring for a lot of Hearts fans, for many he has to be foreign and exotic, unfortunately I think some of the board get swept up in that nonsense too, fans find some name on FM from the Spanish third division and convince themselves he can take Hearts to the mythical next level .

10 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This will be a really tough game, Killie will be well organised and dangerous on the break and especially at set pieces.

Any sort of win would be great with the new additiond bedding in.

The players and us need to start believing that outwith the OF we are better than the rest, especially at home, where we should fear no one including the OF.

Im hopeful that Naismith will impart this belief into the players given time.

20 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Can you explain that one?

we won our first game of the season comfortably 2-0. 2-1 down in a euro tie we are still very much in with winning. What potential are you harking on about, that we’re squandering? On those results there’s nothing about the management that’s causing problems so bringing in a manager just to appease fans, regardless of current footballing results, is (with all due respect) bucking thick

Squandered, past tense, up until now.

Regarding the now. I said time will tell. 

Yes we won the first game 2-0 but we didn't look good doing it.

2-1 was a fortunate escape and management made some horrific errors in that game. 

We shall see how things go.