• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• GinRummy

• Clark Griswold

• Don Dan

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Well, this is great.  In the last few posts we've managed to totally massacre all our midfield options.

Oh to be an expert 😂:whistling:

If none are good enough then best to start without any 😅

Pete Elliott
3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

What's wrong with it? 

You want to start with Devlin, Grant and Forrest when there are much better options available.

Horatio Caine
Just now, Mirror said:

If none are good enough then best to start without any 😅

Exactly.  😂  Devlin's a headless chicken, Haring's too slow and is finished anyway, Hoff's had a dreadful start, Forrest is :cornette:, Grant is waiting on the first opportunity to leave, (and is hopeless anyway) .  Aye just go with a 5 5 formation.

1 minute ago, Pete Elliott said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Kingsley

Haring

Neuwenhof

Oda

Shankland

Lowry

Tagawa

If that’s wrong I’d bet it’s maybe one out. Be very close imo. 

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Kingsley

Haring

Neuwenhof

Oda

Shankland

Lowry

Tagawa

Will be close. Devlin in for hoff and Boyce for Tagawa maybe. 

I don't want to see Forrest again. 

4 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Kingsley

Haring

Neuwenhof

Oda

Shankland

Lowry

Tagawa

That would be my team too.

Dick Dastardly
10 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

You want to start with Devlin, Grant and Forrest when there are much better options available.

Like who? 

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Haring Devlin/Nieuwenhof 

Oda Shanks Lowry

Tagawa

Has to be the eleven today surely. 

14 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Kingsley

Haring

Neuwenhof

Oda

Shankland

Lowry

Tagawa

That would be my team. Would be just as happy with Cochrane at LB though.

2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Solid and experienced is far too boring for a lot of Hearts fans, for many he has to be foreign and exotic, unfortunately I think some of the board get swept up in that nonsense too, fans find some name on FM from the Spanish third division and convince themselves he can take Hearts to the mythical next level .

You get solid and experienced foreign managers ffs 🤣

11 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Kingsley

Haring

Neuwenhof

Oda

Shankland

Lowry

Tagawa

Really like this, although I like Devlin in the team Haring deserves his spot so far. I'd also consider both Kingsley and Cochrane at some point in the game. Cochrane getting to the by line and whipping in crosses for Shankland and Tagawa is something we should look to use this season. Shankland is great I'm the air and Tagawa is a good size also. Tbf tho, I'm not sure where Killie's defensive strengths lie but Rangers struggled to play through them. 

Pete Elliott
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

No way he should start today ahead of Kingsley. No way.

17 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Kingsley

Haring

Neuwenhof

Oda

Shankland

Lowry

Tagawa

Yup, that should be the team.

Also wouldn't be all the upset if Grant or Boyce started instead of Lowry or Denholm came in instead of Hoff.

yorkshire jambo
3 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

No way he should start today ahead of Kingsley. No way.

Cochrane still banned !

Edited by yorkshire jambo

23 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Kingsley

Haring

Neuwenhof

Oda

Shankland

Lowry

Tagawa

I think this is correct with Devlin instead of The Hof.

Maybe Forrest instead of Tagawa which I completely disagree with but might be the case.

Edited by Bauld

Pete Elliott
Just now, Bauld said:

I think this is correct with Haring instead of The Hof.

Maybe Forrest instead of Tagawa which I completely disagree with but might be the case.

If we play Forrest today instead  of Boyce, Tagawa or Lowry then I’ll be extremely surprised and even more pissed off.

BackOfTheNet

By the way, genuine question, how many games do we get to watch in the sun on average during a season? I feel like game days rarely fall on decent weather days. Not to sound like a Travis song or anything…

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

By the way, genuine question, how many games do we get to watch in the sun on average during a season? I feel like game days rarely fall on decent weather days. Not to sound like a Travis song or anything…

Not left yet but just started raining in Musselburgh. 

1 minute ago, Pete Elliott said:

If we play Forrest today instead  of Boyce, Tagawa or Lowry then I’ll be extremely surprised and even more pissed off.

You and me both. I said earlier in the thread he should be nowhere near the first XI.

My worry is he gets the nod because he apparently works hard and helps his defenders.

That's great in games when we will be put under a lot of pressure. Except it's ****ing Kilmarnock at home and they'll be set up defensively and be very hard to break down. Meaning Forrest is not what we need today.

(Now watch him bag a hatrick)

Take any win today, playing in Europe then the Sunday isn’t easy, McInnes has built a team of giants who’ll kick the shite out of us and launch balls into our box at every opportunity.

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Haring to start please. I love Camny but he's not been at the races so perhaps starting him on the bench along with Beni. A good game to start Denholm too. 

Devlin needs to stop giving away soft free kicks and picking up stupid yellow cards. If I remember correctly the Rosenberg first goal started with a foul and booking by Devlin after he dived in for a nothing ball well inside the Rosenberg half.

Folk wanting to rip the team apart every week, either total spankers or Hobbits on the wind up.

Played 1 Won 1

I'll leave it up to the management to select the best team from what they have watched every minute of every day.

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Folk wanting to rip the team apart every week, either total spankers or Hobbits on the wind up.

Played 1 Won 1

I'll leave it up to the management to select the best team from what they have watched every minute of every day.

To be fair we've played 2, won one and lost one. And I think most people are suggesting the players that have played well in the combined two games. 

10 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Devlin needs to stop giving away soft free kicks and picking up stupid yellow cards. If I remember correctly the Rosenberg first goal started with a foul and booking by Devlin after he dived in for a nothing ball well inside the Rosenberg half.

Wasn't even a foul, never mind a booking 

We need to get the ball forward quicker. We've brought in players with pace they need to be let loose. On Thursday it was like we were inviting the press, passing the ball about defenders and going nowhere giving opponents time to get their defensive shape. All very Neilson/Leveinesque. It was obviously to instruction, I do not care who does this successfully, we are not them. No threat no win. We need to get the best out of the players we have. 

5 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

To be fair we've played 2, won one and lost one. And I think most people are suggesting the players that have played well in the combined two games. 

Played 2, the second game we were 3 players down due to Visa restrictions.

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

I have the same trouble on the roads around here. Having to drive at 20 mph when you've been used to going at 30 (and more) for years is a difficult adjustment to make.

At least Tynecastle pitch doesn't have any potholes to negiotate around.

Pete Elliott
10 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Played 1 Won 1

That would make sense if it wasn’t the sibs who changed the game.

Just now, Skacelsid said:

We need to get the ball forward quicker. We've brought in players with pace they need to be let loose. On Thursday it was like we were inviting the press, passing the ball about defenders and going nowhere giving opponents time to get their defensive shape. All very Neilson/Leveinesque. It was obviously to instruction, I do not care who does this successfully, we are not them. No threat no win. We need to get the best out of the players we have. 

Completely agree, slow build up play does nothing but allow the opposition to set up their 2 banks of 4/5. Centre backs need to try and distribute the ball better. Kent I'm not so bothered about because his defensive work is fantastic, but would really like to see Rowles start switching the ball, looking for long crosses which can take a few of the opposition out of the game. Sibbick has shown he can do that, so Rowles should be looking to do it too. 

The Real Maroonblood
44 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Should have started at 2pm, cant stand this waiting, ruled by tv.😕.

I agree.

It’s brutal waiting.

If I’ve any drinking to do it’s after the match.

2 hours ago, Chong said:

By all accounts we won't see Beni today, he seems to be given the weekend to rest and reasses for Thursday. Tweaked hamstring. 

Not convinced about the injury the only thing that was hurt was his pride.

I really think that we have handled his re introduction back into the team badly.

Boyce who seems much fitter has been used sparingly so far and we throw Beni into a competative European game.

21 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I agree but really can't see him ever changing. It just seems to be in his nature.

He is always the same with his stupid antics so can't see him changing now.

52 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Shame he is suspended.

Rocky jamboa

Looking forward to seeing more of Tagawa, and Vargas, but wouldn't probably start with either as need to break them in gently and get them up to speed with Scottish football. 

The Goalscoring Knee
50 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

He's looking for attention as usual. 

Fair play to him - got quite a few bites this time. 

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I agree but really can't see him ever changing. It just seems to be in his nature.

He is always the same with his stupid antics so can't see him changing now.

Not seen the game back yet but that foul he gave away for the first Rosenborg goal was just stupidity. From what I remember after that he also pulled a shirt needlessly and should have actually been given a second yellow. 

When it was time for him to be subbed aswell I was watching him and he was in the middle of the park and deliberately walked to the far side of the pitch so that when his number went up he could walk round past us in the away end where he was lapping up the attention.

Can be a decent player but needs to cut out all the stupid antics of playing up to the crowd and giving away stupid fouls resulting in him ending up carded. Fed up seeing him passing balls back all the time and standing hiding beside opposition players when he should be making himself an option. Something Beni was also visibly frustrated with at the game on Thursday. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Gonnae p1$h doon; massive dark cloud aroond

Waitin' for me tae git oan ma way tae the ground

Thunder and lightning forecast.😭

1 minute ago, FionaHmfc said:

Not seen the game back yet but that foul he gave away for the first Rosenborg goal was just stupidity. From what I remember after that he also pulled a shirt needlessly and should have actually been given a second yellow. 

When it was time for him to be subbed aswell I was watching him and he was in the middle of the park and deliberately walked to the far side of the pitch so that when his number went up he could walk round past us in the away end where he was lapping up the attention.

Can be a decent player but needs to cut out all the stupid antics of playing up to the crowd and giving away stupid fouls resulting in him ending up carded. Fed up seeing him passing balls back all the time and standing hiding beside opposition players when he should be making himself an option. Something Beni was also visibly frustrated with at the game on Thursday. 

The booking didn’t merit a yellow but generally agree, he’s been in poor form.