***Official Rosenborg v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Portable Badger
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Can you check with your pal and ask him if any Norwegian channels are showing the game live. Handy to know for fire stick fiddlers

I’ll see what I can find out from him?

Text from my friend:

The Hearts match does not go on a comercial tv, only at Adreesa.no which is the newspapers tv Chanel

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DxB Hearts

• Cruyff

• OTT

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

You'd like to think so. Devlin and the Hoff would be a disaster for me. 

Big Pete was his usual excellent self yesterday. Hoff looked a bit overwhelmed by the intensity of proceedings. Devlin really has to work on his use of the ball. 

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

They’re owned by Scandinavians, but that doesn’t mean the Viaplay UK markets will transfer and vice versa. So they could have the right to show the Rosenborg game in Norway, but not have the right to show it in the UK for example. So if they concentrate on Scandinavian markets, they’re concentrating on Scandinavian subscribers. I can’t see them paying extra for rights they don’t already have. Could be wrong though.

OK. That makes sense.

2 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

The fringe going well?😁😁😁

Dunno.......presently in Koh Samui. Blame the local vodka........

3 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

One of their centre backs has gone off injured in the first half. 

Yep took a knock to the head. Potentially another one bites the dust for our tie on Thursday!

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Easily preferable,enjoy bud.

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Watch yourself with that shit. If it’s anything like the Thai ‘whisky’ you can lose days. 

Tough game this. Rosenborg are probably not the team they were in the past but still a good side. A draw would be a good result for us to take to Tynie. 

They won 2-1 today away to a team in the lower part of the league. Needed a last minute winner and against 10 men. Nothing to fear. 

3 minutes ago, karipidis said:

They won 2-1 today away to a team in the lower part of the league. Needed a last minute winner and against 10 men. Nothing to fear. 

Thought the same. Haugesund are smaller than Livi. No brainfarts and we'll get a result.

1 minute ago, feedtheroman2 said:

So to confirm, chances of me seeing this in a pub in Glasgow on Thursday is slim??

On your phone maybe.

It looks like I'll be doing that in Edinburgh.

5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Sounds like BBC showing the Hibs game on Thurs but just radio coverage for our game.

But disappointing that. Surely the common sense approach would be to show the away legs? Bound to attract more viewers.

22 minutes ago, Locky said:

But disappointing that. Surely the common sense approach would be to show the away legs? Bound to attract more viewers.

Exactly. Show away legs not the home ones.

Only thing I can think of is its easier for BBC Scotland to negotiate with us/Hibs. Bit pathetic really.

Thomson1874

I assume our registered squad will roughly be the below to meet the club grown (4) and association grown (8) requirements.

1. Zander Clark - AG

2. Michael McGovern 

3. Harry Stone - CG

4. Nathaniel Atkinson

5. Frankie Kent

6. Kye Rowles

7. Toby Sibbick

8. Alex Cochrane

9. Stephen Kingsley - AG

10. Calem Nieuwenhof 

11. Peter Haring

12. Cammy Devlin

13. Beni Baningime

14. Jorge Grant

15. Andy Halliday - AG

16. Connor Smith - CG

17. Aidan Denholm - CG

18. Macaulay Tait - CG

19. Alex Lowry - AG

20. Yutaro Oda

21. Alan Forrest - AG

22. Kenneth Vargas 

23. Lawrence Shankland - AG

24. Liam Boyce

25. Kyosuke Tagawa

Luckily we can fit all the senior players in for this qualifying round but if we do manage to progress further I can see some senior players being disappointed and missing out on being registered.

Gordon would come straight in for Harry Stone and still meet the club grown requirement, but McKay and Halkett would for me replace Grant and Forrest if we had a fully fit squad (if that ever happens!).

Just shows how important it is for us to have talent coming through the academy who can actually have an impact on the squad if we want to regularly be in the group stages. Here’s hoping we’re in Europe for long enough to see Halkett run out at Tynie for a European night as he missed out last season!

14 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Easily preferable,enjoy bud.

Many thanks from the land of smiles.......:smile:

20 hours ago, Carter said:

Big Pete was his usual excellent self yesterday. Hoff looked a bit overwhelmed by the intensity of proceedings. Devlin really has to work on his use of the ball. 

Concerned about devlin love his enthusiasm but end of last season his passing was woeful.  Was at paisley 2 2 game and was one of the worst passing displays I can remember he could not get anything  right. Not sure how you can coach passing in to a player his age. Hope he sorts it out noticed when he passes sideways which is most of the time he is mostly fine  but any forward pass he struggles at times  Naisy needs to work with him.

25 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Are we playing them in Oslo???

Flights from Oslo to Trondheim definitely shift the price and time up considerably if you need to take an overnight stop into account. I've been looking at all the options and due to the time to get there and back and cost giving it a miss. Gutted not to go but having just been on a 2 week holiday, cost is too much for me. Hopefully we progress so I can make the play off round away from home. 

4 minutes ago, jtkb said:

Concerned about devlin love his enthusiasm but end of last season his passing was woeful.  Was at paisley 2 2 game and was one of the worst passing displays I can remember he could not get anything  right. Not sure how you can coach passing in to a player his age. Hope he sorts it out noticed when he passes sideways which is most of the time he is mostly fine  but any forward pass he struggles at times  Naisy needs to work with him.

If we're going to get better I'm not convinced Devlin features in the first 11. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

If there's no video coverage in Scotland of the match, I wonder why HeartsTV can't show it? You'd think they'd be free to, at least, give their overseas subscribers live video, but apparently not. Could it be that no Norwegian TV company is covering the game, meaning there will be no video of a suitable standard for TV available? Does anyone know if it's being shown live on Norwegian TV?

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, jtkb said:

Don't worry. Watch the full match again. Devlin played well and involved in most of our good play on the right. Nothing close to what you have described. 

So Hearts TV don't have the away leg? How the hell are we supposed to watch it?

I already booked am early finish at work.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Rosenborg seem to be in half decent form but they’re nowt special and the crowd there will be shan. Can see us getting through this 

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Rosenborg seem to be in half decent form but they’re nowt special and the crowd there will be shan. Can see us getting through this 

Watched a few of their games recently. Some of the results they picked up haven’t reflected the game overall. Main striker out with a thigh injury for few weeks and their CB went off with a head knock at the weekend so possibly could be out with concussion too. Very young team and squad overall. Think their main threat for Thursday will come down the left hand side in Nelson a young Canadian winger they signed from Toronto not too long ago. He’s quite pacey, likes to cut in onto his stronger right foot and he can also really hit a free kick too so hopefully Natty is on his game and we don’t give away any cheap free kicks on the edge of the box. Seeing how we played in the latter part of the St Johnstone game I would say we should have every right to feel confident going into this and even more so with the second leg being at Tynecastle. Genuinely can’t wait for this. Bag all packed and ready to go for Norway already 🇳🇴 

15 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

I assume our registered squad will roughly be the below to meet the club grown (4) and association grown (8) requirements.

1. Zander Clark - AG

2. Michael McGovern 

3. Harry Stone - CG

4. Nathaniel Atkinson

5. Frankie Kent

6. Kye Rowles

7. Toby Sibbick

8. Alex Cochrane

9. Stephen Kingsley - AG

10. Calem Nieuwenhof 

11. Peter Haring

12. Cammy Devlin

13. Beni Baningime

14. Jorge Grant

15. Andy Halliday - AG

16. Connor Smith - CG

17. Aidan Denholm - CG

18. Macaulay Tait - CG

19. Alex Lowry - AG

20. Yutaro Oda

21. Alan Forrest - AG

22. Kenneth Vargas 

23. Lawrence Shankland - AG

24. Liam Boyce

25. Kyosuke Tagawa

Luckily we can fit all the senior players in for this qualifying round but if we do manage to progress further I can see some senior players being disappointed and missing out on being registered.

Gordon would come straight in for Harry Stone and still meet the club grown requirement, but McKay and Halkett would for me replace Grant and Forrest if we had a fully fit squad (if that ever happens!).

Just shows how important it is for us to have talent coming through the academy who can actually have an impact on the squad if we want to regularly be in the group stages. Here’s hoping we’re in Europe for long enough to see Halkett run out at Tynie for a European night as he missed out last season!

That will be for the A list. As I understand the regs, you can also name and select from a B list for under-21s with less restrictions.

Thomson1874
9 minutes ago, Elljay said:

That will be for the A list. As I understand the regs, you can also name and select from a B list for under-21s with less restrictions.

Ah okay, that makes things a bit better! 

Seems a bit pointless having to name an A list if you are then able to pick players from your B list… but no complaints if it allows us to have the whole squad to pick from.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, FionaHmfc said:

Watched a few of their games recently. Some of the results they picked up haven’t reflected the game overall. Main striker out with a thigh injury for few weeks and their CB went off with a head knock at the weekend so possibly could be out with concussion too. Very young team and squad overall. Think their main threat for Thursday will come down the left hand side in Nelson a young Canadian winger they signed from Toronto not too long ago. He’s quite pacey, likes to cut in onto his stronger right foot and he can also really hit a free kick too so hopefully Natty is on his game and we don’t give away any cheap free kicks on the edge of the box. Seeing how we played in the latter part of the St Johnstone game I would say we should have every right to feel confident going into this and even more so with the second leg being at Tynecastle. Genuinely can’t wait for this. Bag all packed and ready to go for Norway already 🇳🇴 

interesting, thanks 

put it this way with all the info avail online if it was going to be on tv we would already know

need to get a stream online unfortunately! 

gorgierulesapply88
6 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Are we playing them in Oslo???

No but it's 55min plane from there to Trondheim forgot to add that in.

gorgierulesapply88
22 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

surely there will be a stream for this game if the home leg is on bbc

I will sort one when the games on 

4 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

8 euro for 6 months? Can that be correct?

Nope, that's per month. With a binding period. You need to look at the "Velg ordinære priser uten bindingstid". There you'll find a option of 129 NOK (£10) for 1 month.

Gorgierools
15 minutes ago, Kjello said:

Nope, that's per month. With a binding period. You need to look at the "Velg ordinære priser uten bindingstid". There you'll find a option of 129 NOK (£10) for 1 month.

Gotcha, thanks. My Norwegian isn't what it used to be.

That mean there will be an app download via fire stick like viaplay and you can access it for £10 for the month or only on your mobile? 

28 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Gotcha, thanks. My Norwegian isn't what it used to be.

I won't guarantee that you will be able to watch it though. It might be geo-blocked.