***Official Rosenborg v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Gorgierools
Just now, Kjello said:

I won't guarantee that you will be able to watch it though. It might be geo-blocked. 

Im in Spain with a VPN. Should be ok.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DxB Hearts

• Cruyff

• OTT

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AllyjamboDerbyshire

David McCaig & Kjello, thanks both for the heads up👍 Will probably give it a go if no UK based TV company eventually covers it.

5 minutes ago, Kjello said:

I won't guarantee that you will be able to watch it though. It might be geo-blocked. 

I know a fellah who knows a fellah 😂 

Sign up to that link for the month and tested it out on tonight's Liverpool vs Darmstadt friendly and it works 

:oohmatron:

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Sign up to that link for the month and tested it out on tonight's Liverpool vs Darmstadt friendly and it works 

Did you have to use a VPN?

Dean Winchester
17 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

The VG+ one?

Ferryjambo99

Came across a piece in Norwegian media. Around 600 away tickets sold so far. Hearts fans are being located in a different stand to where away supporters usually are as the club intimated we'd take around 1000 and their away section doesn't hold that. 

28 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Did you have to use a VPN?

Sorry, meant to say I used my VPN.

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 06/08/2023 at 12:13, SMJ_1874 said:

I’d better order more NOK then. Just having a nosey on trip advisor and saying average beer 100 NOK.

Do you know if it’s best to change money before you go or use an online bank card like Monzo? 

Use an online card like Monzo. I use Starling as it's unlimited. Always opt to pay in the local currency rather than pay in GBP as it will be cheaper.

If you need cash go to a local ATM but try and avoid the ones at the airport or tourist hot spots as they will often offer poorer exchange rates/higher fees.

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

Hector Riva
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Im in Spain with a VPN. Should be ok.

GR I'm going to the Nordic bar Fuengirola tomorrow to see if they have it on . Ill let you know.

Gorgierools
Just now, Hector Riva said:

GR I'm going to the Nordic bar Fuengirola tomorrow to see if they have it on . Ill let you know.

Great plan

33 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Use an online card like Monzo. I use Starling as it's unlimited. Always opt to pay in the local currency rather than pay in GBP as it will be cheaper.

If you need cash go to a local ATM but try and avoid the ones at the airport or tourist hot spots as they will often offer poorer exchange rates/higher fees.

Thanks Will, that’s most appreciated 

On 06/08/2023 at 18:57, karipidis said:

They won 2-1 today away to a team in the lower part of the league. Needed a last minute winner and against 10 men. Nothing to fear. 

Were the team they were playing not just one place below them before this game?

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Were the team they were playing not just one place below them before this game?

I watched the highlights earlier and they nearly went 2-0 down before the red card but VAR ruled it offside. Could easily have lost the game to be honest.

Both their goals were quite fortunate, 2nd was a decent finish but not convinced the lad meant to lay it off the way he did,  anyway my main takeaway was that they give up plenty of chances. Keep it tight ourselves and I can see us winning the first leg 2-1 👌

11 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If there's no video coverage in Scotland of the match, I wonder why HeartsTV can't show it? You'd think they'd be free to, at least, give their overseas subscribers live video, but apparently not. Could it be that no Norwegian TV company is covering the game, meaning there will be no video of a suitable standard for TV available? Does anyone know if it's being shown live on Norwegian TV?

Yeah, I'm annoyed at this. I live in Amsterdam so Hearts TV is a must for me. For some games, Hearts TV provides the video coverage while Laurie and usually Robert B) provide commentary from the studio. Not sure why they can't do it this time. Maybe it is a tv rights issue!

Edited by Mr Kipling

6 minutes ago, Ramagio87 said:

I watched the highlights earlier and they nearly went 2-0 down before the red card but VAR ruled it offside. Could easily have lost the game to be honest.

Both their goals were quite fortunate, 2nd was a decent finish but not convinced the lad meant to lay it off the way he did,  anyway my main takeaway was that they give up plenty of chances. Keep it tight ourselves and I can see us winning the first leg 2-1 👌

Thanks for the update but you never answered my question. 😄

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Thanks for the update but you never answered my question. 😄

Sorry haha, not sure on places but Rosenberg were 4 points ahead (now 7) but Haugesund have played a game less. 

I also tested out VG.NO and it works with Surfshark VPN set to Norway. Thought the Liverpool match was quite entertaining. What a barnet Luis Diaz has now! 

One note, there doesn't seem to be the option to cast it. Or at least there wasn't for the game this evening. 

Edited by SupaJT

15 minutes ago, SupaJT said:

One note, there doesn't seem to be the option to cast it. Or at least there wasn't for the game this evening.

Download the VG app on your phone. You'll be able to cast it with that.

Ricardo Quaresma
15 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If there's no video coverage in Scotland of the match, I wonder why HeartsTV can't show it? You'd think they'd be free to, at least, give their overseas subscribers live video, but apparently not. Could it be that no Norwegian TV company is covering the game, meaning there will be no video of a suitable standard for TV available? Does anyone know if it's being shown live on Norwegian TV?

There's been some claims that a Norwegian paper owns the rights and may well be showing it somewhere; some might expecet the club to approach these people for Hearts TV screening, quite possibly a beamback, especially if the cost is high and only a beamback may recoup the fee

14 hours ago, lou said:

Would love us to do a beamback into the stadium on the big screens 

Well, we did do that for Fiorentina away, I believe; see above for related thoughts on that; IIRC the big screens were also on, showing the game, as well as lounges with large screens

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Ricardo Quaresma
14 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

Watched a few of their games recently. Some of the results they picked up haven’t reflected the game overall. Main striker out with a thigh injury for few weeks and their CB went off with a head knock at the weekend so possibly could be out with concussion too. Very young team and squad overall. Think their main threat for Thursday will come down the left hand side in Nelson a young Canadian winger they signed from Toronto not too long ago. He’s quite pacey, likes to cut in onto his stronger right foot and he can also really hit a free kick too so hopefully Natty is on his game and we don’t give away any cheap free kicks on the edge of the box. Seeing how we played in the latter part of the St Johnstone game I would say we should have every right to feel confident going into this and even more so with the second leg being at Tynecastle. Genuinely can’t wait for this. Bag all packed and ready to go for Norway already 🇳🇴 

Have a good time Fiona, hope we can take at least a one goal lead back with us 👍

Wee bit jelly, but I have too much to do here booo!!!!

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Chances of Beni starting? If they reckon he's only fit enough for one game a week, it would make sense to prioritise this over St Johnstone. 

9 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

decline the conversion offered at the atm

58 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Chances of Beni starting? If they reckon he's only fit enough for one game a week, it would make sense to prioritise this over St Johnstone. 

I'd say close to zero. Was great to have him back at the weekend but I think he only touched the ball once. Going to be a good few weeks more before he starts I feel.

End of the season the CM pairing will be him and Hoff and it'll be very good, that's my prediction for the year! 

As a Scottish club we can't underestimate anyone from any other country so I 'm sure we will approach this with due diligence.  I would be happy with a draw which would give us the upper hand.

So whats the chance of a stream then I'll be watching in Belfast, getting the 10am flight there tomorrow if any other Jambos are around?

19 minutes ago, indianajones said:

This game might suit the hoff a bit more. Will likely be much less frantic. 

I think his issue was having to play with his back to goal in that further forward role.

I reckon we'll see him taking over from Haring in the not too distant future and it'll suit him a lot more.

Facing forward, can spray passes around, move the ball around quickly etc - what it sounds like he was good with in Australia. 

11 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

I think his issue was having to play with his back to goal in that further forward role.

I reckon we'll see him taking over from Haring in the not too distant future and it'll suit him a lot more.

Facing forward, can spray passes around, move the ball around quickly etc - what it sounds like he was good with in Australia. 

Yeah he was always on the periphery on Saturday, think deep lying role would suit him a bit better. Saying that I thought Haring was terrific on Saturday, exactly what you want from your midfielder and I wouldn't be leaving him out when he is playing like that. He's also decent in the air when defending set pieces. I think a lot of people including me had written Haring off a few times, but looks like he has his match sharpness back. 

Just now, PapaShango said:

Yeah he was always on the periphery on Saturday, think deep lying role would suit him a bit better. Saying that I thought Haring was terrific on Saturday, exactly what you want from your midfielder and I wouldn't be leaving him out when he is playing like that. He's also decent in the air when defending set pieces. I think a lot of people including me had written Haring off a few times, but looks like he has his match sharpness back. 

I like Haring and he can do a good job, but he's limited and we can do better.

His range of passing and control of the game isn't there especially when next to Devlin, we signed Kio to replace him and now Hoff. 

It'll be Hoff and Beni as CMs.

5 minutes ago, poultry said:

Are bt sport showing the Rosenborg game ?

Not listed with them. Really is a joke that there is no TV coverage. One of the OF and this would be on one of the mainstream channels. 

8 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

His range of passing and control of the game isn't there especially when next to Devlin, we signed Kio to replace him and now Hoff. 

Agree completely. Haring has done his part here but really isn't the standard we need anymore and can't believe we gave him another contract extension. I'd rather see someone like Smith given his chance in there.

Will be Nieuwenhof and Beni in the middle for me too, think they'll work well together once Beni is back to full fitness.

13 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

I agree that we can do better and he has his limitations. However for our league he is a very effective midfielder and is probably a decent player to have in the ranks off the pitch as well. 

6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I agree that we can do better and he has his limitations. However for our league he is a very effective midfielder and is probably a decent player to have in the ranks off the pitch as well. 

Very effective is a bit of an exaggeration! 

Decent at times but takes too long on the ball, range of passing isn't great and he's painfully slow. Offers no goal threat anymore like he used to which is disappointing. He's physical and not much else now IMO. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
11 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Sorry, meant to say I used my VPN.

Thanks for the info. I've got NordVPN so should be good to go.

john thomas
3 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

This has scunnered me that we won't be able to watch it! 

Does seem ridiculous. Remember second leg of Bayern game . Heard couple of rumours about pubs that might be showing game . Drove all over Glasgow trying to see game ! But that was 1989 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
10 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

Yeah, I'm annoyed at this. I live in Amsterdam so Hearts TV is a must for me. For some games, Hearts TV provides the video coverage while Laurie and usually Robert B) provide commentary from the studio. Not sure why they can't do it this time. Maybe it is a tv rights issue!

I'd imagine it is a rights issue that stops Hearts TV showing it, but with VGTV appearing to be the only broadcaster you'd have thought they'd have made efforts to sell it to we Hearts supporters. Seems a strange situation. What's more, I thought UEFA had a big say in what companies could have the TV rights, but maybe not, or surely they'd have insisted it be made available to all supporters. Pretty shoddy, really, whatever the reason.

22 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Agree completely. Haring has done his part here but really isn't the standard we need anymore and can't believe we gave him another contract extension. I'd rather see someone like Smith given his chance in there.

Will be Nieuwenhof and Beni in the middle for me too, think they'll work well together once Beni is back to full fitness.

This could be very very good. It's very good in my head anyway. 

21 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Effective when needed and good around the squad is valuable in itself (see: Halliday).

34 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Thanks for the info. I've got NordVPN so should be good to go.

That’s who I use too.