***Official Rosenborg v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Training session this morning, direct flight which will be about 2 hours, hotel and chill tonight.

Can't see that being any different to playing the likes of Ross Country.

Dunno, think it’s the flight and what it can do to the joints and ligaments etc. even short ones. As I say, hope my fears are misplaced.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DxB Hearts

• Cruyff

• OTT

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, DS98 said:

There’s a potential visa issue with Tagawa. Unlikely he’ll travel 

I thought the 10-day thing might be an issue. Think his pace will be a big miss.

VikingHeart

I just posted this info in the Rosenborg vs Hearts ppv thread, but has to be posted here as well. For Hearts fans traveling from Oslo to Trondheim by car/coach/train you must know that the two main roads between Oslo and Trondheim are now closed as a consequence of extreme weather "Hans". There's lots of updated information on NRK (our equivalent to the BBC) : https://www.nrk.no/mr/ekstremveret-_hans_-paverkar-trafikken-i-landet_-stengde-vegar-fleire-stadar-1.16507620 Copy and paste into google translate if you don't ken Norwegian.

2 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

hearing tagawa , nieuwenhof and vargas cant play tonight due to visa issues  . hope its not true

Seems to be.

Dick Dastardly

hearing tagawa , nieuwenhof and vargas cant play tonight due to visa issues  . hope its not true

They can maybe play tomorrow.... 😉 

3 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

Where did you hear this?

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Dunno, think it’s the flight and what it can do to the joints and ligaments etc. even short ones. As I say, hope my fears are misplaced.

I'm no expert but I think short flights like this are okay to be honest, if it was 4+ hours then maybe but it's a short hop. 

I hope we're now at the stage that our sports scientists/physios will know when we should be traveling. 

Makes us a little thin on squad quality but tbh Vargas hasn't played and Calem hasn't got going yet either.

Tagawa we have only seen briefly but would have helped with his pace. 

All will definitely be required at Tynie. Hopefully we can keep it tight this week.

Ferryjambo99

Hearts SLO saying there's a high likelihood of more train cancellations. Was due to take the train back Friday morning but have booked a flight now with a flex ticket. Flex tickets can be cancelled with full refund up to 30 minutes before departure. Might be worth looking at for anyone in the same boat

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, DxB Hearts said:

I'm no expert but I think short flights like this are okay to be honest, if it was 4+ hours then maybe but it's a short hop. 

I hope we're now at the stage that our sports scientists/physios will know when we should be traveling. 

I haven’t been confident in our physios and sports science teams for years given our ridiculous injuries list to be honest

5 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

Tagawa is the only one there that's a real blow.

So Shanks up top, Oda on the right, Haring and Devlin in the middle and we can either go:

- Lowry left, Boyce up top with Shanks

- Lowry central, Forrest on the left

- Lowry on the left, Grant in the middle

None of these are disasters.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I haven’t been confident in our physios and sports science teams for years given our ridiculous injuries list to be honest

There's a reason I used the word 'hope' 🤣

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, maroon said:

Any chance of Vargas being involved tomorrow?

Not even listed in the squad yet, might be today though

12 minutes ago, UchesPackage said:

Not sure what Nieuwenhof’s issues would be. Barry Anderson already said that Vargas couldn’t travel as it would mean leaving the county within 10 days of a visa being granted, which is not allowed. Think Tagawa was on the cusp of that period too.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Not sure what Nieuwenhof’s issues would be. Barry Anderson already said that Vargas couldn’t travel as it would mean leaving the county within Qp days of a visa being granted, which is not allowed. Think Tagawa was on the cusp of that period too.

That's a fair point, he's been here for ages. Won't be a visa issue. 

Looks like a bit of a nightmare travel wise for those headed to Oslo first.

Hope you all manage to get something sorted.

We_are_the_Hearts
20 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Tagawa is the only one there that's a real blow.

So Shanks up top, Oda on the right, Haring and Devlin in the middle and we can either go:

- Lowry left, Boyce up top with Shanks

- Lowry central, Forrest on the left

- Lowry on the left, Grant in the middle

None of these are disasters.

Don’t be surprised to see Cochrane left and Lowry in the middle

Hammerofthehibs
3 hours ago, briever said:

Are Tagawa and Lowry registered in time for Europe?

Dont think we will see Tagawa and Vargas travelling. The Hoff may not either. Should have enough in the pool to deal with Rosenborg without them. Ideally back home undefeated 

29 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Short haul flights shouldn't cause any issues, just look at the likes of Newcastle that often fly same day to london games etc also there was a recent article criticising Wrexham's environmental impact  for the amount of games they flew to last season.

28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not sure what Nieuwenhof’s issues would be. Barry Anderson already said that Vargas couldn’t travel as it would mean leaving the county within 10 days of a visa being granted, which is not allowed. Think Tagawa was on the cusp of that period too.

Signed six days ago and can't see us waiting more than a day to announce so every chance his Visa was issued 7 days ago which would rule him out of flying today.

4 hours ago, Taffin said:

No help to your answering your question, but I just love the usage of inscrutable 👌🏼

It's just as well that you didn't add any questionable images to your post, otherwise it would've been consigned to 'The Shed'.

Screenshot_20230809_140637_Google.jpg

AllyjamboDerbyshire
18 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm assuming that it's because it's a UEFA competition, and they're asking for far more money for the rights to show the game than we'd be willing to pay to show it on Hearts TV.

FFS! I post this and straight away see the update that it's on! 🙄

Thanks for that info 👍 Not on Hearts TV International, but I'm always happy to spend a bit more when it's going to Hearts.

7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It's just as well that you didn't add any questionable images to your post, otherwise it would've been consigned to 'The Shed'.

Screenshot_20230809_140637_Google.jpg

?? What am I missing?

If Tagawa is unavailable I'd go for something like the following:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Cochrane 

Forrest

Haring

Devlin

Lowry

Shankland

Oda

Starting Forrest is far from ideal but I think 1) Shankland needs a partner 2) Boyce might not be ready to start and 3) having Oda's pace up front gives us a threat in behind and potentially stops them pushing up on us. With McKay or Vargas also missing, that leaves Forrest to play out wide.

4 hours ago, Daveandal said:

Torvaldsonn sounds like the kind of player we have struggled against. We have a new defender called Kent from lower league English football who seem better in the air and more of a traditional defender so that might help against your Icelandic forward. Our other defenders might be better technical footballers (maybe not) but I'd say they are less likely to enjoy a battle.

It's going to be an interesting game.

Torvaldsson was actually at St Mirren on loan from Norwich a few seasons although he only played a couple games. 

Don’t tell half of the Scottish ‘pundits’! 

Their manager seems to think we play 4-4-2.

Also, states their captain may be oot.

We_are_the_Hearts
26 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Haring Devlin

Oda Lowry Cochrane

Shankland

That will be the team

28 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Clark

Haring Devlin

Oda Lowry Cochrane

Shankland

Maybe Cochrane LB then Oda Boyce and Lowry behind Shanks. 

I hope Forrest isn't anywhere near the starting 11. Would have liked to have seen Beni start here but appreciate they may want to ease him back into competitive games. Maybe a good half hour for him would be good. 

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Don’t be surprised to see Cochrane left and Lowry in the middle

Cochrane left wing?! That would be the definition of a surprise...

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, DxB Hearts said:

Cochrane left wing?! That would be the definition of a surprise...

Played there most of pre season 

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Played there most of pre season 

I didn't see any of the preseason games, was he playing in front of Kingsley in the same system we used at the weekend?

Can't say I'd be overly enthusiastic about the prospect...

KyleLafferty
Just now, DxB Hearts said:

I didn't see any of the preseason games, was he playing in front of Kingsley in the same system we used at the weekend?

Can't say I'd be overly enthusiastic about the prospect...

Yeah in some games. Cochrane can play there no problem. At the minute I’d understand him playing there on Thursday as tagawa, Vargas, McKay aren’t travelling.

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Yeah in some games. Cochrane can play there no problem. At the minute I’d understand him playing there on Thursday as tagawa, Vargas, McKay aren’t travelling.

Fair enough! 

I'd still much rather have Boyce or Grant play central and Lowry on the left, unless I've missed Cochrane having a great preseason there. 

Definitely doesn’t look like Tagawa, Nieuwenhof or Vargas have travelled as none of them are in the airport video 😞 shame but hopefully we still have enough strength in depth especially in the attacking areas 

Absolute Scenes

if those three havent made it, what a joke that is btw. 

How long have we known about Tagawa being a Hearts player, Nieuwenhof etc - if we knew about the VISA rule, they should've been in earlier. We are now entering the away tie weaker than we should be. We've basically turned up with last season team, adding Kent but without Gino. 

7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

if those three havent made it, what a joke that is btw. 

How long have we known about Tagawa being a Hearts player, Nieuwenhof etc - if we knew about the VISA rule, they should've been in earlier. We are now entering the away tie weaker than we should be. We've basically turned up with last season team, adding Kent but without Gino. 

Agree to an extent Lowry is also there though.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Relax.

We have Atkinson and Kingsley playing better. Oda is on fire. And we have Lowry, Boyce and Beni to add to the mix.

We are much stronger than last year even without Gino.

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Agree to an extent Lowry is also there though.

I agree its good we have him, but Lowry's not the same type of player as Tagawa. We are good with attacking midfield options - its pace and power up top we need.

Such a Hearts thing to happen when we see glimpses of a baller like we did on Saturday with Tags, and then only for him to not be available for hte very next game. Bloody infuriating man. 

Forrest starting already weakens us. Really needed our strongest available team for this tie. 

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

...and Kent

i mentioned Kent already - great defensively. But weaker up top now

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Signing players last minute has potentially come back to bite us? Who’d have thunk it!?

It's maybe been out our hands though when we can get them in the door. We should still have enough to go there and get a result regardless of them not playing. 

No Idle Talk
1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Clark

Haring Devlin

Oda Lowry Cochrane

Shankland

That team looks pretty decent to me. I like the idea of Kingsley and Cochrane linking up down the left.