***Official Rosenborg v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

3 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Was gutted to hear that said on Hearts TV. Hopefully BBC will cover our ties in the same way they covered Hibs (prob have to cover us both).

BBC have nothing up for Thursday, but Hearts home tie on the 17th Aug, is being covered by BBC Scotland.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DxB Hearts

• Cruyff

• OTT

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with Lord Beni. Would think Viaplay would cover, as they do all things Scandanavian. 

Edited by RENE

Ricardo Quaresma
54 minutes ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

Clark

Atkinson Kent Kingsley Cochrane

Haring Beni

Oda     Shankland      Lowry

Tagawa

Don't know if Cochrane's ban carries over into Europe or just the league?

If he is suspended it's Kingsley left back and Rowles in.

Their top goalscorer and main striker is Ole Saeter, 1m 94cm. Stick Kent on him and I'd trust Kingsley in the air over Rowles.

It's nothing to do with Europe, mate; Cochrane is available

TynecastleBC5
23 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It's nothing to do with Europe, mate; Cochrane is available

Cheers mate 👍

Be good to see him. Kingsley still isn't quite firing on all cylinders in my opinion. Personally alot happier with Cochrane starting at LB. They have a tricky wee Jamaican winger although I'm not sure what side he plays on.

1 hour ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Someone sort out a boozer in Trondheim for Wednesday onwards please! 

Think The Red Lion will be the place to go.

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

Cheers mate 👍

Be good to see him. Kingsley still isn't quite firing on all cylinders in my opinion. Personally alot happier with Cochrane starting at LB. They have a tricky wee Jamaican winger although I'm not sure what side he plays on.

Think the Jamaican boy scored against crusaders; I posted the highlights on the Euro thread

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

TynecastleBC5
40 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Think the Jamaican boy scored against crusaders; I posted the highlights on the Euro thread

-

Will take a look, cheers

Dick Dastardly
9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

He's our player for now so if we want to play him on thursday we'll do so regardless of what they think.

The only time they can tell us when he does or doesn't play is vs Rangers.

The loan is agreed for one full season andthe January recall option can only be triggered if Rangers feel he is not getting enough playing time.

So he'll be ok for domestic cup games as well? 

Dick Dastardly
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can play in two tournaments now, they changed that rule. 

God, I'm so far behind with all the rules these days! 😂 😂 😂 Cheers

9 hours ago, Jeff said:

Haha posted after you but about spot on. You just know we will hearts it somewhere 🤣.

Even as a kid I can't get over the Kevin James miss v Stuttgart 

Edit - Petric

Hearts it 🤔

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

So he'll be ok for domestic cup games as well? 

Yeah. Believe he’ll be available for the PT league cup match.

Gorgie_Rules

Kingsley was good yesterday but would bring Cochrane in for obvious rotation reasons.

Lowry has to come in for Forrest.

Would probably just leave the rest as is and can rotate against Killie if need be.

I think this will be a harder test than we realise despite their patchy form and Crusaders giving them a game.

Would bite your hand off for a draw then fancy our chances at Tynecastle.

I thought Kingsley was good yesterday, much more like his old self. Defended well and put in some good deliveries. I'd keep him in, doesn't deserve dropped after a win and clean sheet and helps the back 4 settle and get used to each other.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

5 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I thought Kingsley was good yesterday, much more like his old self. Defended well and put in some good deliveries. I'd keep him in, doesn't deserve dropped after a win and clean sheet and helps the back 4 settle and get used to each other.

Cochrane will play on Thursday and its nothing to do with form.

We need him for league games and with his  recent injury record we simply can't afford to risk him with a Thursday/ Sunday schedule atm

upgotheheads

13 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Was gutted to hear that said on Hearts TV. Hopefully BBC will cover our ties in the same way they covered Hibs (prob have to cover us both).

At what  stage  will BT be involved like  last, year if at all ?

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Cochrane will play on Thursday and its nothing to do with form.

We need him for league games and with his  recent injury record we simply can't afford to risk him with a Thursday/ Sunday schedule atm

Agree, we should play Cochrane midweek

With our next game days away. If any jambo has any info on how the ones that can't afford £15.00 a pint and hundreds on flights and hotels can watch the game...

PS

I have a firestick lol

colinmaroon
9 hours ago, RENE said:

I agree with Lord Beni. Would think Viaplay would cover, as they do all things Scandanavian. 

According to the Football on TV link there are no games at all on any TV on Thursday. 

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

With our next game days away. If any jambo has any info on how the ones that can't afford £15.00 a pint and hundreds on flights and hotels can watch the game...

PS

I have a firestick lol

I'll find a stream, even if I'm at work

If nobody can find one, I'll be very surprised

Gorgierools
9 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

PS

I have a firestick lol

I'm fairly confident we'll find something on a fire stick.

BackOfTheNet

Genuinely have no idea how this tie is going to go.

As for TV listings, these qualifiers can often be last minute things. I don’t expect Viaplay to be paying any extra rights for anything right now. It’ll be BBC if anything, but I have a sneaking suspicion they’ll just have the home game and have the Hibs home game the week prior.

Portable Badger
10 hours ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Someone sort out a boozer in Trondheim for Wednesday onwards please! 

Spoken to my Norwegian pal in Trondheim. He is suggesting The 3 Lions is The football pub to go to.  Dublin pub is also another good one.

My friend still has his Hearts record(Marshall's Chunky Chicken version) from his time he chummed me to the '86 Final - says he'll take it to the 3 Lions to see if they can play it

AllyjamboDerbyshire
9 hours ago, rmreido said:

BBC have nothing up for Thursday, but Hearts home tie on the 17th Aug, is being covered by BBC Scotland.

There was nothing up on BBC iplayer for the Hibs game either until the day of the game, so fingers crossed, but not too confident either.

The Treasurer
39 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Don't think anyone is saying Kingsley should be dropped, it's more a case of resting him to manage his fitness levels 

I think this game might be too soon for us.Im hoping the tie is still alive for the 2nd leg so a draw or a defeat by 1 goal and it will be a good result

10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Don't think anyone is saying Kingsley should be dropped, it's more a case of resting him to manage his fitness levels 

Spot on. He took a wee knock yesterday and Sibbick looked like he was going to come on to replace him. 

I’d leave him out for Thursday to keep him fresh for Sunday. 

10 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Anybody selling flights let me know! Back to around £357 but they where half that price before Crusaders game finished 🤣

Were you seeing those flights? Can’t see anything for under £500.

alicante jambo
59 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I think this game might be too soon for us.Im hoping the tie is still alive for the 2nd leg so a draw or a defeat by 1 goal and it will be a good result

Exactly what i was going to write. Hopefully we are still in it for the 2nd leg. Ok they are not having a great season but we have hardly kicked a ball. Keep it nice and tight and get them at tynie under the lights with a full home backing and we have a good chance.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As for TV listings, these qualifiers can often be last minute things. I don’t expect Viaplay to be paying any extra rights for anything right now. It’ll be BBC if anything, but I have a sneaking suspicion they’ll just have the home game and have the Hibs home game the week prior.

Yeah, Europe has a way of showing up what we think we know. Rosenborg struggled with Crusaders physicality by the sounds of things, so hopefully we go there with a similar mindset and don't let them settle. 

I'm really hoping its a good game. Like an actual contest, I'm sick of European games against teams that are leagues ahead of us. It just ends up being a reminder of how impossible a task competing is when the SPFL is in the commercial dark ages. 

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, Europe has a way of showing up what we think we know. Rosenborg struggled with Crusaders physicality by the sounds of things, so hopefully we go there with a similar mindset and don't let them settle. 

I'm really hoping its a good game. Like an actual contest, I'm sick of European games against teams that are leagues ahead of us. It just ends up being a reminder of how impossible a task competing is when the SPFL is in the commercial dark ages. 

:spoton:

Jack Torrance
34 minutes ago, OTT said:

Rosenborg will be saying that about us I reckon. 

We'll win both legs imo.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

If we can play like the second half yesterday reckon we got a real chance out there. Play like the first half and then going to be tricky getting back to Tynie with a decent result.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Thought I read somewhere Viaplay would be concerned trading on Scandinavian stuff. So maybe as no one has taken up an option on our game they might jump in.

Got to keep Kingsley fresh for the league games. Cochrane playing ahead of him just makes sense. 

18 hours ago, OTT said:

Be interesting to see what the team will be, that first half was awful BUT when we actually got on our summer signings we suddenly looked like we knew what we were doing. 

Difficult thing for me is managing Kingsley, think he was looking sore at around the 60 minute mark. Team wise, I'd like to see:

Zander

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Haring Devlin

Oda Shankland Forrest

Kagawa

Cochrane is eligible for Europe remember. 

18 hours ago, OTT said:

Be interesting to see what the team will be, that first half was awful BUT when we actually got on our summer signings we suddenly looked like we knew what we were doing. 

Difficult thing for me is managing Kingsley, think he was looking sore at around the 60 minute mark. Team wise, I'd like to see:

Zander

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley

Haring Devlin

Oda Shankland Forrest

Kagawa

Forrest? Really? 

15 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

They're not having a great season so far. Defo shouldn't fear them. Tight first leg and I think we would turn them over at Tynecastle 🤞

I'm confident we'll get the job done but also mindful that Europe is tricky, even against the smaller teams. I remember sitting at Tyncastle watching Hearts v the Maltese part timers with my dad and brothers. I think it was early 2000's. They beat us convincingly. I want us to be professional and respect our opponents. 

Edited by Mr Kipling

15 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

It's on BBC Scotland.

1 minute ago, Mr Kipling said:

I'm confident we'll get the job done but also mindful that Europe is tricky, even against the smaller teams. I remember sitting at Tyncastle watching Hearts v the Maltese part timers with my dad and brothers. I think it was early 2000's. They beat us convincingly. I want us to be professional and respect our opponents. 

What game was that? Birkirkara or whatever they're called was 2016. 

Apart from that we usually beat the teams that we should and lose to the teams we'd expect to lose to.

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, RENE said:

Thought I read somewhere Viaplay would be concerned trading on Scandinavian stuff. So maybe as no one has taken up an option on our game they might jump in.

They’re owned by Scandinavians, but that doesn’t mean the Viaplay UK markets will transfer and vice versa. So they could have the right to show the Rosenborg game in Norway, but not have the right to show it in the UK for example. So if they concentrate on Scandinavian markets, they’re concentrating on Scandinavian subscribers. I can’t see them paying extra for rights they don’t already have. Could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Kingsley did play well yesterday but was complaining a bit with a slight niggle yesterday towards the end of the game. I wouldn't risk him given Cochrane is still out for 2 league games. This is where rotation is important I think. 

11 hours ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

Cheers mate 👍

They have a tricky wee Jamaican winger although I'm not sure what side he plays on.

Pretty sure he's on their side..............

12 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

What game was that? Birkirkara or whatever they're called was 2016. 

Apart from that we usually beat the teams that we should and lose to the teams we'd expect to lose to.

Yes, Birkikara.... was that 2016? Jesus, I'm way off the mark. 

Rocky jamboa

I noticed the play off draw is tomorrow at 1pm British time. It seems the pots will be drawn/set up earlier so like this round we're in, the list of who we could draw will be narrowed down to something like 8 possible opponents.