***Official Rosenborg v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Just now, Rocky jamboa said:

I noticed the play off draw is tomorrow at 1pm British time. It seems the pots will be drawn/set up earlier so like this round we're in, the list of who we could draw will be narrowed down to something like 8 possible opponents.

Do you know who the potential opponents are or will we find out tomorrow?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DxB Hearts

• Cruyff

• OTT

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rocky jamboa
6 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Do you know who the potential opponents are or will we find out tomorrow?

Yeah I think we'll be put into a pot with other teams tomorrow morning. So we'll have a narrower list of who we could be drawn against, before the actual draw is made.

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I noticed the play off draw is tomorrow at 1pm British time. It seems the pots will be drawn/set up earlier so like this round we're in, the list of who we could draw will be narrowed down to something like 8 possible opponents.

Anyone remember what time the groups were drawn last time?

2 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Yeah I think we'll be put into a pot with other teams tomorrow morning. So we'll have a narrower list of who we could be drawn against, before the actual draw is made.

Awesome, thanks 😊👍

3 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

With our next game days away. If any jambo has any info on how the ones that can't afford £15.00 a pint and hundreds on flights and hotels can watch the game...

PS

I have a firestick lol

I’m sure it’s not £15 a pint 

indianajones
3 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Its not far off £15.

Last time i got charged £10.50 for a pint of Carling. Scandal. 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Its not far off £15.

I’d better order more NOK then. Just having a nosey on trip advisor and saying average beer 100 NOK.

Do you know if it’s best to change money before you go or use an online bank card like Monzo? 

Hmmmm this will be interesting, I expect that they will be a tougher test than St Johnstone, they seem to be really struggling in the Norwegian league this season, although i do remember that Zurich were bottom of Swiss league when we played them last year, well based off absolutely nothing I fancy us to win 1-0 here.

Would go with

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Devlin Hoff

Tagawa Lowry Oda

Shanks

Tagawa to get his first goal.

11 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

It was sarcasm...but it is an expensive trip. Good lucknto all that are going. 

13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Its not far off £15.

I was in Oslo for work recently and it was around €12 for a pint. 

Also, cash wasn't much of a thing in Oslo when I was there last month. They prefer contactless payments. Food for thought before exchanging cash.

Edited by Mr Kipling

1 hour ago, Mr Kipling said:

Forrest? Really? 

I was thinking along the lines of leaving Lowry on the bench for impact later in the game. Forrest brought on late wouldn't likely impact the game, but his workrate can be useful early on purely to wear down the other team. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

I think that would make me tea total. :lol:

indianajones
10 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I’d better order more NOK then. Just having a nosey on trip advisor and saying average beer 100 NOK.

Do you know if it’s best to change money before you go or use an online bank card like Monzo? 

I just use my debit card but inform the bank i'll be abroad just in case they freeze it. 

5 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

It was sarcasm...but it is an expensive trip. Good lucknto all that are going. 

1 minute ago, Mr Kipling said:

Its brutal. They have a big pre culture over there as if you go to the bar/club before 1200/0100 you would be absolutely skint. Saying that, they are all millionaires anyway 😅

I was in Oslo in Jan 2020 and it really depends on where you go. One place was about £13 for a 330ml can but also found a pub where it was £8 for 500ml draft. Its not cheap but I bet its not far off centre of Edinburgh prices.

As for TV. TNT have nothing listed for Thursday yet at all and they have been showing some random qualifiers so it's not impossible they might pick it up. (Unlikely tho). Best bet is BBC somehow do it. Pretty shocking it won't be on anything given the size of the two clubs.

22 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Hmmmm this will be interesting, I expect that they will be a tougher test than St Johnstone, they seem to be really struggling in the Norwegian league this season, although i do remember that Zurich were bottom of Swiss league when we played them last year, well based off absolutely nothing I fancy us to win 1-0 here.

Would go with

Clark

Devlin Hoff

Tagawa Lowry Oda

Shanks

I watched the Rosenborg v Crusaders game last week and while the game went to extra time, Rosenborg are no mugs. The Crusaders goalkeeper had an absolute blinder and kept Crusaders in it. Rosenborg had chance after chance and on any other day, they could have scored several more than the scoreline suggests. I admired the work ethic and determination of Crusaders - they didn't stop and played a game similar to how Kilmarnock played against Rangers last night. A point to note, Rosenborg's attacking threat is far more potent than their defending. 

gorgierulesapply88
3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Were you seeing those flights? Can’t see anything for under £500.

Edin Lon Oslo £318 when checked earlier.

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

I watched the Rosenborg v Crusaders game last week and while the game went to extra time, Rosenborg are no mugs. The Crusaders goalkeeper had an absolute blinder and kept Crusaders in it. Rosenborg had chance after chance and on any other day, they could have scored several more than the scoreline suggests. I admired the work ethic and determination of Crusaders - they didn't stop and played a game similar to how Kilmarnock played against Rangers last night. A point to note, Rosenborg's attacking threat is far more potent than their defending. 

Watched both games and for all, if not nearly all the norwegians' goals the keeper was howling

Getintaethem
14 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t think he’s fully correct. We have named an A list, presumably yesterday. We can now make 2 changes to that list up until Wednesday night. We also presume that Lowry and Tagawa were included in our A list, so the only addition we might need to make would be Vargas if he’s full cleared and registered in time

Apparently Vargas can’t leave the country for 10 days after receiving visa.  So probably won’t travel, not sure if this would affect Tagawa

1 hour ago, Mr Kipling said:

Kingsley did play well yesterday but was complaining a bit with a slight niggle yesterday towards the end of the game. I wouldn't risk him given Cochrane is still out for 2 league games. This is where rotation is important I think. 

If he has a niggle then yeah fair enough obviously,  but if he's fit he can handle 2 games in a week at the start of the season. 

42 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would go with

Clark

Devlin Hoff

Tagawa Lowry Oda

Shanks

I doubt we’ll start with 4 out and out attackers in an away leg against a seasoned European team (ignore the form nonsense, they are decent, especially going forward)

At the very least we’ll play 3 in the middle, probably Devlin Haring and hopefully Beni (if not Hoff)

I think there’s a chance we’ll play 3 at the back for at least part of the game

Keep the ball. Keep them bogged down in midfield. Don’t let their wide players hurt us. Stay in the tie and get them back to Tynecastle. They won’t like it there.

21 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Edin Lon Oslo £318 when checked earlier.

That one way or return? Some of the connecting flights through Amsterdam only leave an hour layover which is a bit risky. 

Samuel Camazzola
52 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Don't think it matters unless you are planning on buying property or a motor whilst you're away. The difference will be negligible when using it as beer tokens. 

The benefit of going electronic or withdrawing as you go means you won't be left with unused currency that you'll unlikely be using again any time soon. 

Captain Canada

They conceded a goal to a Crusaders' player called Lowry in the second leg. 

Hopefully, history will repeat itself on Thursday! 

Rocky jamboa
50 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

You're usually better to take money out on your card, providing its one that doesn't charge commission or foreign currency fees, as the exchange rate is business rates as opposed to tourist. 

However, just had a look at Mastercard rates v tesco currency rates and 1,000 Krone would be £77 on your card and tesco £80 so not much in it. Suppose depends what you'd find more convenient. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

If he has a niggle then yeah fair enough obviously,  but if he's fit he can handle 2 games in a week at the start of the season. 

He cant its that simple, especially at LB when he has to get up and down the pitch, theres absolutely no need to risk it at this point in the season when we have no other option to play on Sunday against Killie.

2 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

I'm confident we'll get the job done but also mindful that Europe is tricky, even against the smaller teams. I remember sitting at Tyncastle watching Hearts v the Maltese part timers with my dad and brothers. I think it was early 2000's. They beat us convincingly. I want us to be professional and respect our opponents. 

Maltese part timers wasn't that long ago. 2016/17 I think

As long as we're still in the tie for the return leg. To me that means a single goal defeat at worst but hopefully better than that. I once read that something like 70% of the teams that progress play the second leg at home and know exactly what they have to do.

gorgierulesapply88
26 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

That one way or return? Some of the connecting flights through Amsterdam only leave an hour layover which is a bit risky. 

Return, on opodo.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

It's on BBC Scotland.

The away leg? Cheers if that's the case 👍

Used to be really positive about Hearts. Sadly we're not doing anything against Roseborg.

Edited by ri Alban

Gorgierools
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would go with

Clark

Devlin Hoff

Tagawa Lowry Oda

Shanks

Cochrane for Kingsley 

Scott Leitch
11 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

The away leg? Cheers if that's the case 👍

Not seen this confirmed anywhere. You'd think the BBC would have been plugging it already. 

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would go with

Clark

Devlin Hoff

Tagawa Lowry Oda

Shanks

Haring will absolutely 100% start in Norway. 

No Idle Talk

I think if we play to our potential we can knock them out. It won't be easy but if Crusaders can take them to extra time over two legs then it is certainly doable. 

Scott Leitch
1 minute ago, Carter said:

Haring will absolutely 100% start in Norway. 

You'd like to think so. Devlin and the Hoff would be a disaster for me. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Not seen this confirmed anywhere. You'd think the BBC would have been plugging it already. 

Not sure how soon the BBC mentioned the Hibs coverage for the last round but there was nothing on BBC iplayer, where the first leg was shown, until the day of the match, although they did advertise it on their website. Wasn't so much bothered about their game but was relieved when it came up on the day of the match because I assumed it would mean our game was covered. But maybe my assumption has made an ass of u and me😔

Scott Leitch
Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Not sure how soon the BBC mentioned the Hibs coverage for the last round but there was nothing on BBC iplayer, where the first leg was shown, until the day of the match, although they did advertise it on their website. Wasn't so much bothered about their game but was relieved when it came up on the day of the match because I assumed it would mean our game was covered. But maybe my assumption has made an ass of u and me😔

They are maybe still negotiating.

4 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Spoken to my Norwegian pal in Trondheim. He is suggesting The 3 Lions is The football pub to go to.  Dublin pub is also another good one.

My friend still has his Hearts record(Marshall's Chunky Chicken version) from his time he chummed me to the '86 Final - says he'll take it to the 3 Lions to see if they can play it

Can you check with your pal and ask him if any Norwegian channels are showing the game live. Handy to know for fire stick fiddlers

Clark

Atkinson Kent Rowles Kingsley/Cochrane

Hoff    Beni

Oda     Shankland      Lowry

Tagawa

If too early for Beni then would bring in Haring.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Can you check with your pal and ask him if any Norwegian channels are showing the game live. Handy to know for fire stick fiddlers

Both matches are shown online only in Norway. The Schibsted group which owns the biggest newspaper in Norway, and is a majority owner of the biggest newspaper in Trondheim, have bought the rights. So it will only be shown on vg.no and adressa.no for people with plus subscriptions. And not any traditional TV channel. But I guess there might be some streams available.

Ricardo Quaresma
34 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Used to be really positive about Hearts. Sadly we're not doing anything against Roseborg.

You can't be serious; they're gettin' pumped