***Official Rosenborg v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

It's maybe been out our hands though when we can get them in the door. We should still have enough to go there and get a result regardless of them not playing. 

i'd be okay if the team was 

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Cochrane/Kingsley

Devlin

Beni/Haring

Lowry

Boyce

Oda

Shanks

But guarantee Forrest will start

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DxB Hearts

• Cruyff

• OTT

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Cochrane/Kingsley

Devlin

Beni/Haring

Lowry

Boyce

Oda

Shanks

That’s pretty much how I want to see us line up. 

Dick Dastardly
9 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

That team looks pretty decent to me. I like the idea of Kingsley and Cochrane linking up down the left. 

Yeah, Kingsley and Cochrane will probably end up switching positions at random during the game. One goea forward the other drops back etc. Could be a good tactic 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, MattyK82 said:

Confirmed. Still a pretty strong team available. 

Just got to keep tie alive for 2nd leg and all 3 be available but like yourself still think we've got strong enough team

Absolute Scenes
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s pretty much how I want to see us line up. 

will they drop golden boy though? 

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

FFS man. great planning for the away tie 

Rosenborg are 18 games into their league campaign. 

Played European football already.

They'll be fully fit. Fully match sharp.

They'll be ready. 

Unfortunately we are quite far behind them in that department. I wouldn't be surprised if we went away and got beat. 

I'm hopeful we can get back home with the game still all to play for. 

Honestly I don't fancy our chances and I'm just being realistic. Hoping to be proven wrong.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Just got to keep tie alive for 2nd leg and all 3 be available but like yourself still think we've got strong enough team

Definitely.

The EEN have offered their view on the starting 11 and have interestingly suggested Cochrane at AML - given his attacking instincts. This way, it will allow Kingsley to keep his place after a much more Kingsley type performance on Saturday while being  able to utilise Cochrane.

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

will they drop golden boy though? 

I don’t know how much it matters tbh. I’d prefer our best team on from the start but we’ll use subs so I’d imagine he’ll play a part at some point. 

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

They'll be ready. 

Unfortunately we are quite far behind them in that department. I wouldn't be surprised if we went away and got beat. 

Honestly I don't fancy our chances and I'm just being realistic. Hoping to be proven wrong.

The other side of that is they may have injuries/niggles and the confidence sapping season they have so far suffered may flow over into this competition (albeit they have recently won a few games narrowly).

They seem very fragile defensively. I’m confident we will cause them plenty of issues. Where we need to be laser focussed is our defensive third. 

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

They'll be ready. 

Even more frustrating we have gone into the tie unprepared losing newly recruited players because of VISA rulings - another bug bear we took so long to get players in. I'm happy with the players, but the Tagawa saga dragged on more than a week from when his team confirmed he was joining us. 

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Definitely.

The EEN have offered their view on the starting 11 and have interestingly suggested Cochrane at AML - given his attacking instincts. This way, it will allow Kingsley to keep his place after a much more Kingsley type performance on Saturday while being  able to utilise Cochrane.

wouldnt be against that. Cochrane certainly has found the net often enough as a defender. Will he ba able to do more than Forrest does though, is the quesiton

13 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Royce

Kingsley

Devlin

Haring

Oda

Shankland

Lowry

Tagawa

This for me.

Boyce looked good when he came in but they look like they struggle with balls in behind so Tagawa’s pace could make a massive difference.

4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

They'll be ready. 

I get what you're saying but they've been pretty awful this year and have a lot of injuries to key players.

Going by the Rosenborg fan on this they'll

have a young keeper who has played once for them, their RB playing RCB, and RB who is terrible and a LB who can't defend. 

If we go at them we should beat them, regardless of missing Tagawa, who has only played 30 mins for us. 

14 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Could be visa related reasons that they can’t travel

1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This for me.

Boyce looked good when he came in but they look like they struggle with balls in behind so Tagawa’s pace could make a massive difference.

Tagawa isn’t travelling 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Even more frustrating we have gone into the tie unprepared losing newly recruited players because of VISA rulings - another bug bear we took so long to get players in. I'm happy with the players, but the Tagawa saga dragged on more than a week from when his team confirmed he was joining us. 

You are aware that wasn't Hearts fault? Like we have no say in how long the government takes to issue visas? And Tokyo then were delayed in sending us the docs? 

Just now, DxB Hearts said:

You are aware that wasn't Hearts fault? Like we have no say in how long the government takes to issue visas? And Tokyo then were delayed in sending us the docs? 

There's no point crying over spilt milk but equally say an extra 50k for them had seen the deals completed earlier so they could play it may have been worth it if they help us get through the tie etc.

All ifs, buts and maybes without the full picture and I'm not having a pop at the club but we simply don't know what we could have done to have them here in time.

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Looks like Brexit has messed up our away tie selection. Cheers to all who voted for it👍

Without turning this into a Brexit debate but how has it affected us when signing an Aussie, Japanese and Costa Rican? 

Has it not made it easier to obtain work permits for countries outside the EU?

Just now, Taffin said:

There's no point crying over spilt milk but equally say an extra 50k for them had seen the deals completed earlier so they could play it may have been worth it if they help us get through the tie etc.

All ifs, buts and maybes without the full picture and I'm not having a pop at the club but we simply don't know what we could have done to have them here in time.

Hindsight is 20/20 mate. We have no idea what these negotiations looked like. 

3 x 50k is also a new player 🤷

MarkDevriesScores4

Shame that the new lads can’t make the trip but I’m confident that we have enough to get a result to bring back to tynecastle next week where we’ll have largely a full strength squad. 

id take a draw over there but no reason we can’t have a go and take the win. Rosenborg seem to be a bit down in the dumps at the moment albeit have improved on their horrible start to the season.

i have zero doubts that we would comfortably beat Crusaders and Rosenborg really struggled against them. I know that’s not always the way things work but I have my confident pants on 🇱🇻HHGH

3 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Hindsight is 20/20 mate. We have no idea what these negotiations looked like. 

3 x 50k is also a new player 🤷

That's what I'm saying, we have no idea...so we can't know either way whether the club could, or couldn't have seen them arrive in time to play.

3x 50k is a new player, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I'd rather 3 of them on that plane than a 4th one stuck at the Oriam with them, personally.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Taffin said:

That's what I'm saying, we have no idea...so we can't know either way whether the club could, or couldn't have seen them arrive in time to play.

3x 50k is a new player, but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I'd rather 3 of them on that plane than a 4th one stuck at the Oriam with them personally.

I suppose we'll know by the end of the game tomorrow if it's been okay or not! 

Let's hope it was 😄

clark

atkinson           kent           rowles   kingsley

cammy      haring/beni 

oda         shankland     lowry

boyce 

should be enough to at least get a draw to take back to tynie

Sub4TiddlerMurray
46 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I agree its good we have him, but Lowry's not the same type of player as Tagawa. We are good with attacking midfield options - its pace and power up top we need.

Such a Hearts thing to happen when we see glimpses of a baller like we did on Saturday with Tags, and then only for him to not be available for hte very next game. Bloody infuriating man. 

Forrest starting already weakens us. Really needed our strongest available team for this tie. 

It seems daft to get so angry at Hearts.

You have no idea how good or otherwise Tagawa is.

We have just recruited some of the most exciting players for years and yet you treat the timing of their signing as rank incompetence. You have absolutely no idea why the signings took time to get over the line. None of us do. You are not even angry about the visa application rules, just Hearts.

I get your frustration. But to ignore the overall improvement in the team's performance levels and playing down the additions of Lowry and Kent, not to mention the return of Boyce & Beni, suggest that you simply can't help yourself finding a way to complain about Hearts.

Give the club you are supposed to support a break!

bash the club 

5 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

clark

atkinson           kent           rowles   kingsley

cammy      haring/beni 

oda         shankland     lowry

boyce 

should be enough to at least get a draw to take back to tynie

Too many people underestimating Rosenborg on here 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
19 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Without turning this into a Brexit debate but how has it affected us when signing an Aussie, Japanese and Costa Rican? 

No

1 minute ago, theshed said:

They’ll need to play better than they played against Crusaders. 

17 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

I suppose we'll know by the end of the game tomorrow if it's been okay or not! 

Let's hope it was 😄

Absolutely, fingers crossed they're as bad as their fan posting on here suggested 😂👍

Just now, Taffin said:

Absolutely, fingers crossed they're as bad as their fan posting on here suggested 😂👍

Not going to lie, that gave me much more hope! 

MarkDevriesScores4
12 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Means we have rested players for the weekend game 

and hopefully a nearly full fit squad for the return leg 

fabienleclerq
4 hours ago, UchesPackage said:

hearing tagawa , nieuwenhof and vargas cant play tonight due to visa issues  . hope its not true

Not gonna lie, this is annoying.  Potentially a costly error not having them in earlier.

3 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Don’t tell half of the Scottish ‘pundits’! 

Their manager seems to think we play 4-4-2.

Also, states their captain may be oot.

Evening news is unreadable at times.

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Clark

Atkinson

Kent

Rowles

Cochrane/Kingsley

Devlin

Beni/Haring

Lowry

Boyce

Oda

Shanks

Sure Steven Naismith will be relieved that you’re ok with that team.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

They'll be ready. 

Didn't they'll go to penalties against Crusaders though?

2 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

Definitely doesn’t look like Tagawa, Nieuwenhof or Vargas have travelled as none of them are in the airport video 😞 shame but hopefully we still have enough strength in depth especially in the attacking areas 

This was my concern from the start. Signings are out of our hands and I am a firm believer in getting the right people through the door but European ties do need to be factored in when thinking about summer recruitment. I was dreading this would happen but at least Lowry is available. Hopefully everything will be sorted for the second leg. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, briever said:

No, beat them 3-2 AET

Fair enough, wonder where I got that from. Still suggestive of mere mortals on the pitch though!

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Definitely.

How they have us lining up. I'm inclined to agree. Perhaps I'd start Boyce instead of Cochrane and swap Lowry onto the left, but we may want to keep some attacking options for later.

lineup.png

Japan Jambo
12 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I've spoken with 3-4 Norwegians who don't even watch their local football because the standard is 'shite'

Just the one division above us then, we may have a chance 😁

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

How they have us lining up. I'm inclined to agree. Perhaps I'd start Boyce instead of Cochrane and swap Lowry onto the left, but we may want to keep some attacking options for later.

lineup.png

Is Barrie definitely out?

PhoenixHearts
Just now, Smithee said:

Is Barrie definitely out?

No Idea but personally I wouldn't be giving him his first start away in Norway.

It's fine the way it is. We can use Cochrane as a decoy - they'll think he's Norwegian.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

No Idea but personally I wouldn't be giving him his first start away in Norway.

It's fine the way it is. We can use Cochrane as a decoy - they'll think he's Norwegian.

I was thinking he'd be the perfect secret weapon, it's likely he won't be on their radar, and we all know what can happen if he gets a bit of space.

kingantti1874
50 minutes ago, theshed said:

agreed. They’ve won their last 4 and squad is valued at roughly double our own according to transfer market website.  They are halfway through season, fit and we are missing key players.

we can go through but it’s absolutely not a gimmie

That thing you do
1 hour ago, DxB Hearts said:

Because instead of applying (known EU standards) to the paperwork, you have the never ending, never accruate and never accountable  Home Office system instead.

Having had my wifes passport stuck with them for 9 months and had an MP intervene to solve it I can categorically say its a cluster**** of a system.