Konrad von Carstein

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its more about how long governments delayed acting, and what mistakes/incompetence cost lives.

It's about a great many things.  It will still report in terms of what was done well/right and what was done badly/wrong.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• The Real Maroonblood

• Mikey1874

Footballfirst

Lee Cain and Dominic Cummings will be next up on Tuesday to claim it wasn't their fault.

Cummings will almost certainly blame the "shopping trolley" (an appropriate nickname for someone, whose direction changes without warning).

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
10 hours ago, Victorian said:

It's a real stretch that people claim that lockdowns have been proved to have been unnecessary.  That's a fairytale and deeply dishonest in some cases.  Being well prepared and having competent people at the helm may well have limited the scale of loss and harm and may well have allowed lockdowns to be less restrictive.  But there is absolutely no evidence worth the name that indicates that lockdowns were not absolutely required.

:qqb006:

13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Apart from in the countries like Japan, Taiwan and South Korea that didn't.

I do agree with lockdowns and that they saves lives. But more prepared countries didn't have to.

Been a while since I've looked into it but, I think that the countires that were affected by SAARs did a lot better than those that didn't? Lessons learned during that period would have helped with preparation for COVID.

Along with being more prepared, those countries have a culture of wearing masks and taking other precautions when you're ill. There will be other, similar variables that contributed to their relative success.

Edited by Bindy Badgy

il Duce McTarkin
8 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Lee Cain and Dominic Cummings will be next up on Tuesday to claim it wasn't their fault.

Cummings will almost certainly blame the "shopping trolley" (an appropriate nickname for someone, whose direction changes without warning).

Cummings is a horrible, loathsome, machiavellian ***t.

The manipulative wee survivor will no doubt worm his way out of any blame.

I'd be lumming up the stake for the *******, personally.

Footballfirst

Lee Cain - In early January 2020 he believed that preparations for a pandemic were "the best in the world".

Now where have I heard that phase before?

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Lee Cain - In early January 2020 he believed that preparations for a pandemic were "the best in the world".

Strange.  That was around the time that the very top of government were failing to even take the thing seriously at all.  With no 'playbook',  no COBRA meetings,  no breifings with the PM,  etc.  

World leading disinterest and paralysis.

I P Knightley
17 hours ago, indianajones said:

Whats being done to stop the gain of function research that caused the virus and where is the accountability? 

Whats the government plans on fixing numerous areas of carnage by locking down the entire country? 

Those two would be a good start. 

This phase of the enquiry is about governance rather than the science as such.

There's plenty of comment about Johnson, Sunak, Handcock, Williamson and others ignoring the science but they're not diving into what the actual science is/was.

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

They only prepared for a flu pandemic. 

:facepalm:

periodictabledancer

Have we reached the point yet where the usual suspects have stopped trashing the Scotgov handling of the pandemic to focus on the better handling of it by Westminster ? 

Or are they looking the other way, as usual. 

Asking for a friend. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

As long as he sticks the boot into Johnson he's a top bloke. :10900:

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Sky News warnings and apologies for 'offensive language' has been a highlight. 

Just wondering how the JKB swearie filter copes with Cummings 😜
Q: You called cabinet ministers “useless ****pigs”, “morons” and “*****”. Were these views shared by others?

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

Have we reached the point yet where the usual suspects have stopped trashing the Scotgov handling of the pandemic to focus on the better handling of it by Westminster ? 

Or are they looking the other way, as usual. 

Asking for a friend. 

Aye, because only the one lot made a ***t of it.

14 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Aye, because only the one lot made a ***t of it.

Scotland Made just as much a fevk up of it all but was more slickly presented by Nicky and her muppets . They “ appeared “ more competent . They weren’t . 

I P Knightley

"The wrong type of crisis for Johnson's skill set." Has to be one of the best/worst/most appalling euphemisms to paper over the guy's complete unsuitability to ever have been allowed into #10.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Scotland Made just as much a fevk up of it all but was more slickly presented by Nicky and her muppets . They “ appeared “ more competent . They weren’t . 

Do you therefore agree that the Scotland's government, civil servants and scientific advisors could be described as below.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Do you therefore agree that the Scotland's government, civil servants and scientific advisors could be described as below.

Probably 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Probably 

Is your view clouded by your initial personal dislike of mask wearing and your subsequent conversion to an anti lockdown and latterly anti vax stance?

I personally think that only Cummings' references to "decades of accumulated power" and "no real scrutiny & insight" apply to both Westminster and Holyrood.

I know that you now hate NS with a passion, but her presentation skills and knowledge of her brief were far ahead of BJ's.

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Is your view clouded by your initial personal dislike of mask wearing and your subsequent conversion to an anti lockdown and latterly anti vax stance?

I personally think that only Cummings' references to "decades of accumulated power" and "no real scrutiny & insight" apply to both Westminster and Holyrood.

I know that you now hate NS with a passion, but her presentation skills and knowledge of her brief were far ahead of BJ's.

Oh we shall see regarding sturgeon and her Govt management of it all . It’ll come out in the wash . It’ll be a big manky durty wash too . Just like BJ . 

I was pro Choice regarding the vax , not entirely against it. Funny enough I’ve an appointment tomorrow for the latest update to it but I’ll be skipping that . I’ll take the flu one though . 

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No my view was certainly not “ clouded” by my dislike of her . I admired her before covid but saw right through her during her tenure , like many others did . 

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You forgot to add the poster Disinfectanting shopping during Covid19. 

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, Costanza said:

This should be on every front page.

That's f*****g disgusting. 

If he's ever ill I hope it's nothing trivial. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

This should be on every front page.

I hope that nature has a way for dealing with absolute ^^^^s and I hope it befalls Johnson very soon. And that it's highly cuntagious and befalls all those around him. 

Tee-hee! When I wrote the word with asterisks, the C and the asterisks got auto-censored but nothing happened when I put it into 'contagious' to reflect the type of people I hope it affects.

Edited by I P Knightley

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I'd agree with Cummings...if anything it understates it.

3 hours ago, RobboM said:

Just wondering how the JKB swearie filter copes with Cummings 😜
Q: You called cabinet ministers “useless ****pigs”, “morons” and “*****”. Were these views shared by others?

about 60% of the country perhaps?

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You forgot to add the poster Disinfectanting shopping during Covid19. 

And bleaching his farter ! 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No my view was certainly not “ clouded” by my dislike of her . I admired her before covid but saw right through her during her tenure , like many others did . 

so many on here lapped-up her daily look-at-me show and her crocodile tears

theyre no where to be seen now tho 🤷

I P Knightley

I had the broadcast on in the background and it was fairly entertaining to have Cummings ripping into all his colleagues but became pretty pathetic when he had to cover his own arse (a) for being a bully & misogynist and (b ) when tackled about his sight-testing drive to Barnard Castle. Odious wee prick. 

Konrad von Carstein
24 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Aye. We Ur. :)

23 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Yep. She could do no wrong.  They seem to forget when she played with businesses livelihoods and peoples mental health by deciding to be " different " from England. The most notorious example was just before Xmas 2021 when she and her mob diverged from England and locked us down.  I haven't forgot. 

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Hi ya!:10900:

Some of that evidence of the early days government interactions is genuinely insane stuff.  Chickenpox parties and Hatt Mancock repeatedly spreading misinformation despite being repeatedly corrected by the Chief Scientific Adviser.  

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
58 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Hi ya!:10900:

😃👍

it’s no the same as the good old days tho when any mention of “wee nippy” would have you straight on with a facepalm like an exuberant Labrador chasing after a ball

️             🐕 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

😃👍

it’s no the same as the good old days tho when any mention of “wee nippy” would have you straight on with a facepalm like an exuberant Labrador chasing after a ball

️             🐕 

You can't beat nostalgia. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You can't beat nostalgia. 

Jimmy bone and Sandy Clark leading the line those were the days

:sweeet:

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

👍

If only we had their like again.

10 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

100%.

He got a cabal of thief's and liars and he managed their election.

We get and have got what we voted for.

To hear him give evidence and like water off a ducks back he just shrugged of his involvement.

Insidious and as far away from conservative values as you could hope to be.

The WhatsApp revelations shows the petty carefree entitlement of a certain class of people in the UK.

I suppose every nation has them but the current state of this lot takes some beating.

I'm trying to remember such a decline .

I think the political class will always be dodgy.Its the lack of sense of honour that does my head in.

People used to resign to protect the integrity of the position.

That's a real loss to the character of the UK.

Sorry bit longwinded 

Edited by Ked

15 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Team.

Spirit.

Blends of style .

Those days are my honeymoon with the Hearts.

I miss the criminality as well.

😀

Felt part of a family.

I P Knightley
25 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What a grotesque waste of money.

Jimmy Bone and Sandy Clark? Never!

Gordan Petric, though!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
26 minutes ago, Ked said:

Team.

Spirit.

Blends of style .

Those days are my honeymoon with the Hearts.

I miss the criminality as well.

😀

Felt part of a family.

best days of our lives plus the latterly won Scottish cups

Anyway back to the covid stuff :(

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
36 minutes ago, Ked said:

100%.

He got a cabal of thief's and liars and he managed their election.

We get and have got what we voted for.

To hear him give evidence and like water off a ducks back he just shrugged of his involvement.

Insidious and as far away from conservative values as you could hope to be.

The WhatsApp revelations shows the petty carefree entitlement of a certain class of people in the UK.

I suppose every nation has them but the current state of this lot takes some beating.

I'm trying to remember such a decline .

I think the political class will always be dodgy.Its the lack of sense of honour that does my head in.

People used to resign to protect the integrity of the position.

That's a real loss to the character of the UK.

Sorry bit longwinded 

I only heard bits of it but cummings sort of hanged himself

he had a ****in opinion on everything and everyone (probably posts on here) but when he was asked specifically about things he might have done he came out with something like …. ‘I didn’t think it was my place to ………’

:lol: