• Mikey1874

Nucky Thompson
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I might give you that one.

I'm pretty sure the virus came from a lab leak in Wuhan

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It came from a caravan in Northumberland. 

JudyJudyJudy
35 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yep i think it did too

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I tend to believe in cock up over conspiracy so the Wuhan theory does seem plausible. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 minutes ago, Black Swan said:

The boy was a media where during covid,  now he's unavailable for comment.

like wee nippy and fauci - no one on here ever liked him 

:qqb006:

Footballfirst

This is what the Scottish Government's KC said to the inquiry yesterday.

The KC representing the Scottish Government stated that : "He said WhatsApp was not part of the culture within Government but that there was a clear policy that should messages contain important data then the relevant record had to be transferred to the Electronic Records"

In other words WhatsApp wasn't widely used in Scotland, and if it was then messages had to be transferred to another medium.  

Now where's those phone messages, Boris, Rishi, Dominic, Matt, Simon & co.

I think this is a pre-emptive strike by the Tory press in advance of next week's evidence to the Inquiry, when some UK Government messages are expected to be revealed.

Could be some fireworks next week in the UK COVID Inquiry  😎

From today's Guardian - 

Dominic Cummings’ ‘misogynistic’ messages seen by Covid inquiry, George Osborne says

Former chancellor says WhatsApp messages between Boris Johnson and key advisers are ‘staggering’

Cummings, Johnson’s chief adviser when Covid struck, is due to appear before the inquiry for the first time next Tuesday.

Speaking on his Political Currency podcast with Ed Balls, Osborne said he had been told that the latest messages shared with the inquiry contained foul and sexist language.

He said: “From what I understand, there are some pretty staggering things that have been said on those WhatsApp messages … not just by Boris Johnson, but key advisers like Dominic Cummings. Really pretty disgusting language and misogynistic language.”

The inquiry has already heard derogatory language used between Johnson’s advisers. Earlier this month it heard of the UK’s most senior civil servant, Simon Case, complaining to Lee Cain, Johnson’s then director of communications, about the power of Johnson’s then fiancee, Carrie Symonds, now his wife.

Cain, who is due to appear at the inquiry on Monday, said Symonds “doesn’t know wtf she is talking about”. In another message, Case said: “I was always told that Dom [Dominic Cummings] was the secret PM. How wrong they are. I look forward to telling select cttee tomorrow – ‘oh, **** no, don’t worry about Dom, the real person in charge is Carrie.’”

Osborne suggested that worse language could emerge next week. He said: “I think we’re going to get some pretty astonishing and frankly shocking WhatsApp messages and the like being published from that Johnson period.”

He said the messages would show “just what a complete nightmare it was for many people working in 10 Downing Street and who worked at the top of government at the time, and potentially some things that are going to cause some real problems for individuals who were in charge at the time.”

Cummings and Johnson have not commented on Osborne’s remarks. Cummings has previously admitted that he referred to Johnson as a “complete ****wit”.

Lord Montpelier
44 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

This is what the Scottish Government's KC said to the inquiry yesterday.

The KC representing the Scottish Government stated that : "He said WhatsApp was not part of the culture within Government but that there was a clear policy that should messages contain important data then the relevant record had to be transferred to the Electronic Records"

In other words WhatsApp wasn't widely used in Scotland, and if it was then messages had to be transferred to another medium.  

Now where's those phone messages, Boris, Rishi, Dominic, Matt, Simon & co.

I think this is a pre-emptive strike by the Tory press in advance of next week's evidence to the Inquiry, when some UK Government messages are expected to be revealed.

Says the Scottish Government KC

In other words attempting to defend their clients / bosses. 

Leitch either deleted every day, or did not. If he didn't, he should look to quickly correct the record. If he did then that's strange behaviour and questions need asked. Same for the lot of them. 

The Scottish Government clearly decided for whatever reason on advice of its senior law officers to wait for the Covid Enquiry to issue their legal notice to force disclosure of the messages. 

Could be something in Scots law but its basically to do with the individuals no longer being responsible for them. Won't stop them going to jail later though for causing deaths. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jeane Freeman's honesty remains the biggest threat to Sturgeon and Leitch. 

And Jeane the biggest threat to Grannies.

2 hours ago, TallPaul said:

She really is vile . Deleted WhatsApp messages can be traced so she’s not out of the woods yet , with that issue ! 

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

She really is vile . Deleted WhatsApp messages can be traced so she’s not out of the woods yet , with that issue ! 

Can they?

12 minutes ago, Ked said:

Can they?

Yes . That’s why Boris and co just gave up their messages , eventually . 

16 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes . That’s why Boris and co just gave up their messages , eventually . 

I always thought they were encrypted so once deleted.

3 hours ago, Ked said:

I always thought they were encrypted so once deleted.

End to end encrypted, so if intercepted they can't be read, only the sender and receiver can read them.

The issue with Boris' old phone was that he'd had the same number for 15 years and had been advised not to turn it on again. When he did turn it on he claimed to have forgotten the passcode and didn't want to get locked out, but someone found it on a scrap of paper. Seriously.

Lord Montpelier

Only 137 whatsapp groups used by scot gov during Covid. 

Only 70 people asked for WhatsApp messages with very few retained. 

Sturgeon manually deleting from her phone  

Tories have been busy this time

I had given up all interest and hope that folk would get nailed for accountability during this farce so I've not keeping up at all with this at all. 

What's actually happening? Are we going after the correct answers yet? 

Footballfirst

Martin Reynolds giving evidence this morning. Very evasive and selective memory thus far when asked about WhatsApp or emails.

9 hours ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

End to end encrypted, so if intercepted they can't be read, only the sender and receiver can read them.

The issue with Boris' old phone was that he'd had the same number for 15 years and had been advised not to turn it on again. When he did turn it on he claimed to have forgotten the passcode and didn't want to get locked out, but someone found it on a scrap of paper. Seriously.

😆😆

This country is really going downhill.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Martin Reynolds giving evidence this morning. Very evasive and selective memory thus far when asked about WhatsApp or emails.

Seriously WhatsApp with them all ? 😎

Footballfirst

By March and April 2021 there were growing calls for a Covid public inquiry; it was officially announced by Boris Johnson in May that year.

On 15 April the inquiry heard that Reynolds turned on the disappearing messages function on a group named PM Updates - meaning that all new messages would disappear from the group seven days after they were sent.

Asked about this in the inquiry, he said he "could not recall" exactly why he turned on the function. He said it "could have been" that he was worried about someone screen-grabbing the exchanges and leaking them to the press.

5 hours ago, indianajones said:

I had given up all interest and hope that folk would get nailed for accountability during this farce so I've not keeping up at all with this at all. 

What's actually happening? Are we going after the correct answers yet? 

Main evidence so far has questioned whether Government acted quickly enough in January to March 2020, then whether it locked down again quickly enough in September 2020. 

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Main evidence so far has questioned whether Government acted quickly enough in January to March 2020, then whether it locked down again quickly enough in September 2020. 

So not asking the correct questions then. I'll go back to losing all interest! 

Thanks for the reply though mikey 👍

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

So not asking the correct questions then. I'll go back to losing all interest! 

Thanks for the reply though mikey 👍

So what are the right questions to which you are looking for answers?

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

So what are the right questions to which you are looking for answers?

Whats being done to stop the gain of function research that caused the virus and where is the accountability? 

Whats the government plans on fixing numerous areas of carnage by locking down the entire country? 

Those two would be a good start. 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Whats being done to stop the gain of function research that caused the virus and where is the accountability? 

Whats the government plans on fixing numerous areas of carnage by locking down the entire country? 

Those two would be a good start. 

Those sound more like recommendations that may come out of the inquiry.

If you listened to today's questions they were focussed on the government's dysfunctional response to the growing threat from Covid early in the pandemic. Views came from both the pro lockdown and pro economy sides of the argument.

The recording of today's proceedings should be available on youtube.

The key point a lot of people are making is a prepared fast acting Government could have avoided lockdown. 

So it isn't really pro or anti lockdown. 

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The key point a lot of people are making is a prepared fast acting Government could have avoided lockdown. 

So it isn't really pro or anti lockdown. 

It's a real stretch that people claim that lockdowns have been proved to have been unnecessary.  That's a fairytale and deeply dishonest in some cases.  Being well prepared and having competent people at the helm may well have limited the scale of loss and harm and may well have allowed lockdowns to be less restrictive.  But there is absolutely no evidence worth the name that indicates that lockdowns were not absolutely required.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

It's a real stretch that people claim that lockdowns have been proved to have been unnecessary.  That's a fairytale and deeply dishonest in some cases.  Being well prepared and having competent people at the helm may well have limited the scale of loss and harm and may well have allowed lockdowns to be less restrictive.  But there is absolutely no evidence worth the name that indicates that lockdowns were not absolutely required.

Apart from in the countries like Japan, Taiwan and South Korea that didn't.

I do agree with lockdowns and that they saves lives. But more prepared countries didn't have to.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Apart from in the countries like Japan, Taiwan and South Korea that didn't.

I do agree with lockdowns and that they saves lives. But more prepared countries didn't have to.

It's the one finding from inquiries that I would bet the house on when they finally report.  That the two lockdowns,  especially the original first wave one,  will be found to have been absolutely necessary.  I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

The Mighty Thor
25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's the one finding from inquiries that I would bet the house on when they finally report.  That the two lockdowns,  especially the original first wave one,  will be found to have been absolutely necessary.  I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

The second one after Rashid's superspreader eat out event

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Its more about how long governments delayed acting, and what mistakes/incompetence cost lives.