Konrad von Carstein

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm sure that there will be loads of folk with their tartan 'face coverings' washed and folded waiting on the next order :whistling:

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Covid Enquiry = A chance for all the wierdos to reminisce about the 'bad old days' :facepalm:

Tories, SNP, who gives a feck anymore

QED. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• The Real Maroonblood

• Mikey1874

I went for the double vax today. I said to the " nurse" I only wanted the flu one. She said thats fine. " It seems you have had quite a lot of boosters anyway" she said.

1 minute ago, TallPaul said:

Folk all switching off their lives and staying at home to shite their pants over what turned out to be nothing more than a flu. 

it really was mass psychosis.  Taken for a ride . 

Jeffros Furios
22 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Folk all switching off their lives and staying at home to shite their pants over what turned out to be nothing more than a flu. 

:cornette:

44 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Dat you Boris?

2ed51e05c7250b8e.png

6 hours ago, Victorian said:

In theory something might happen at any time.  There was a very recent high alarm in India around a ****ing nasty looking thing similar to Ebola,  only potentially worse.

Proximity to the wild animal kingdom is a growing danger.  But nobody needs the grief of keeping one eye cocked over their shoulder.  Next pandemic might be of an epidemiology that needs no lockdown.  Maybe it will.  Who knows when?  If I had to guess it would be within the recent history pattern of 100 years.  

Probably sooner.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7517057/

With globalization, the risk of the emergence of new diseases is increasing since humans have more chances to be exposed to new pathogens. Additionally, the risk of international spread of infectious diseases is increasing because of increased international travel.

Spitonastranger
8 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Anybody but Sturgeon.

Thank feck both Covid restrictions and Sturgeon are in the past. Now the rest of the SNP please :sweeet:

Like Boris and the rest of the tory scumbag government you continue to support🥸😅

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

This guy kens. 

You could write what 'this guy kens' on a grain of rice with a paint roller

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Enzo's back I see. I had wondered what had happened to him. 

I had assumed he was in a 2 year long,  critical thinking,  shaman-like trance.  

Shooter McGavin
14 hours ago, TallPaul said:

This kids, is why education is really important.

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Exactly. Blind adherence to lockdown rules highlighted how much of our population is uneducated. Still, they all got good at Zoom quizzes and making sourdough, and that’s what really counts. 

About a quarter of a million people died mate.

But aye, people had to follow some rules for a few years, that's the real tragedy here isn't it...

Surely some posts on here are tongue in cheek. There can't be any sane human beings that think covid was "just the flu" or a conspiracy? 

Mind you, if they're tories they aren't sane

1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Exactly. Blind adherence to lockdown rules highlighted how much of our population is uneducated. Still, they all got good at Zoom quizzes and making sourdough, and that’s what really counts. 

Glad I saw through it all by around may 2020 . The great awakening for me in si many levels . I was reborn 😎👀

Im not trying to diminish the deaths, honestly. Every person dying is a loss for their friends, family and community.

At the same time, there are continued effects being felt among all age groups and across all communities due to, IMO, what was a bizarrely panicked and reactionary response to the problem. The deaths that impacted me, my family and friends during the pandemic all stemmed from the lockdown measures, not from the virus itself. 

Why the same urgency and desire - not to mention disregard for economies and the negative effects of any action - to mitigate against the negative effects of climate change and air pollution (both far higher killers than CV19) highlights just how shite both governments and the governed are. And that’s the bigger tragedy :( 

Excellent posting Jim 👍

IMG_6202.png

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

I P Knightley
17 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Im not trying to diminish the deaths, honestly. Every person dying is a loss for their friends, family and community.

Of course you aren't. 

17 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Not me, I had to work. Well, until hospitalisation and all that. Thankfully the hospitals weren't overwhelmed.

19 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

what type of better preparation things help to prevent lockdown and who successfully applied them ?

Testing mainly. Isolate infected. 

We have the Government projections of deaths etc. 800,000 dead with no lockdown for example.

But the closest we got to the effects on the health service were what actually happened at the worst of it in Italy and Russia. 6 mile queues of ambulances outside hospitals. Pits where the dead were being shoved into.

But because some people don't like being told what to do, it somehow wouldn't have happened and everything would have been okay. 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Glad I saw through it all by around may 2020 . The great awakening for me in si many levels . I was reborn

Ran out of bleach IMO

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ran out of bleach IMO

Naw I stopped buying it ! Wasn’t needed 

Hatt Mancock should be thinking about emigrating or going into hiding after today's hearings.  This is the ***** that later monetised his notoriety with TV shows.  

Shooter McGavin
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hatt Mancock should be thinking about emigrating or going into hiding after today's hearings.  This is the ***** that later monetised his notoriety with TV shows.  

He's a genuinely odd guy. There's a reasonable body of evidence to suggest he's an actual psychopath.

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Matt Hancock thinks he's an A-list internet celebrity.

He's got a serious mental condition.

I hate him because I think Hat Mancock every time, and then I picture him naked with a hat covering his modesty. It's like being at war with your own mind 

This should maybe be in the intrusive thoughts thread actually.

Shooter McGavin
43 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Signing up for the Tory party is usually sufficient barometer, TBF. 

True.

But there's something with him in particular that really creeps me out.

The way he looks at people who are ripping him to shreds, almost like he's getting something out of it in a perverse kind of way. That time he was giggling and pretending to be in tears of laughter when a news reporter was reminding him that hundreds of thousands of people have died due to covid on his watch.

He's a seriously strange character, and the way he's trying to rebrand himself as some kind of celebrity is just truly bizarre.

There's not a lot going on behind his eyes, but I've got absolutely no doubt the stuff that is in there isn't good.

The Narcissist's Prayer

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did, you deserved it.

Just about sums up what we've been hearing during this inquiry.

Lord Montpelier
22 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

True.

But there's something with him in particular that really creeps me out.

The way he looks at people who are ripping him to shreds, almost like he's getting something out of it in a perverse kind of way. That time he was giggling and pretending to be in tears of laughter when a news reporter was reminding him that hundreds of thousands of people have died due to covid on his watch.

He's a seriously strange character, and the way he's trying to rebrand himself as some kind of celebrity is just truly bizarre.

There's not a lot going on behind his eyes, but I've got absolutely no doubt the stuff that is in there isn't good.

Hancock is a prick. Shows how far politics in this country has fallen when clowns like him find themselves front and centre of responses to national emergencies. 

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Hancock is a prick. Shows how far politics in this country has fallen when clowns like him find themselves front and centre of responses to national emergencies. 

The guy's a far king creep; he's thick as mince, weak and insecure. I've no doubt he was bullied intensely at school and then bullied some more when he joined the government. Probably wets himself, too. Here he is, marvelling at how a real life lady works.

0_event-cancelled.png

I wonder whether that woman he got caught biffing has given him the heave-ho since he was punted from government?

It's just depressing to think of all the people that have been in and around the cabinet over the last 13 years. You could pick 20 JKB members at random and would always come up with a more competent cabinet - and that's even with the biggest arseholes we have to offer.

Edited by I P Knightley

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

The guy's a far king creep; he's thick as mince, weak and insecure. I've no doubt he was bullied intensely at school and then bullied some more when he joined the government. Probably wets himself, too. Here he is, marvelling at how a real life lady works.

0_event-cancelled.png

I wonder whether that woman he got caught biffing has given him the heave-ho since he was punted from government?

It's just depressing to think of all the people that have been in and around the cabinet over the last 13 years. You could pick 20 JKB members at random and would always come up with a more competent cabinet - and that's even with the biggest arseholes we have to offer.

Mmmm..I’m not so sure about that ! 😂

Hancock is a balloon but some on here run him close ! 

I P Knightley
27 minutes ago, Boab said:

Mmmm..I’m not so sure about that ! 😂

Hancock is a balloon but some on here run him close ! 

On the law of averages, we'd almost certainly beat:

Handcock

Williamson

Rees-Mogg

Johnson

Dowden

Braverman

Patel

Shapps/Green/Stockheath/Fox

"Hands"

Coffey

Keegan

Patel

Gove

Raab

Truss

Kwarteng

Jenrick

Eustice

Dorries

Sunak

43 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

0_event-cancelled.png

still together going by him getting a video message from her while on that celebrity SAS thing

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

still together going by him getting a video message from her while on that celebrity SAS thing

:boak:

Edit: I've just realised that I posted that in response to what I imagined the video to have been. Upon reflection, I figure that they probably wouldn't share that type of video on mainstream TV.

Edited by I P Knightley

39 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

On the law of averages, we'd almost certainly beat:

Handcock

Williamson

Rees-Mogg

Johnson

Dowden

Braverman

Patel

Shapps/Green/Stockheath/Fox

"Hands"

Coffey

Keegan

Patel

Gove

Raab

Truss

Kwarteng

Jenrick

Eustice

Dorries

Sunak

Yea, on second thoughts, apologies to JKB. Tha’t a list of freaks and deviants.

On 01/11/2023 at 11:27, I P Knightley said:

Cumming has tweeted that he 'accidentally' kept copies of some documents that the Cabinet Office have deleted. The guy's a complete dick but he's determined to keep it entertaining for us onlookers. 

A narccistic megalomaniac (if given the chance) was initially in cahoots with BJ, brains and face type thingy, then they obviously fell out. Johnson was just being Johnson, of course he never had teh skillset, he himself probably never took himself seriously. Half that cabinate never took governing seriously, just expected 'Whitehall' to deal with while they looked all pretty. 

On 01/11/2023 at 11:41, Mikey1874 said:

While Dominic Cummings has a higher profile and seemed to slag off most people including quite brutally Helen McNamara speaking today. Her testimony, calmer and straighter talking is more devastating of the Government. 

While she doesn't use the c-word she and her ilk were the very folks DC was ripping, Whitehall's bloated and generally incompetent structure, etc.

In teh emeregency, the cabinet simply became cumbersome, too many folks and their minions below holding up decisions, etc so the went with a nuclear group, like a wee military squad, fast and quick, hoping not to step on mines!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Testing mainly. Isolate infected. 

sounds a plan albeit with challenges in theory

who successfully implemented that instead of lockdown with covid ?

On 01/11/2023 at 12:25, Victorian said:

Not even just one person's definition of who an old person is.  Literally millions of middle aged people were originally quite vulnerable to a novel virus amid a naive population.  How many people with health vulnerabilities who lead otherwise functional lives with no choice but to work and remain part of normal,  everyday life?  

There never was a clearly defined and practically identified cohort of people who could be hived off into a nether-existence while the lucky master race bashed on.  The whole notion is a fairytale.

You were pretty invested in the topic iirc, any idea how many of the UK's population (%age) were estimated to have actually contracted covid prior to any vaccine being administered?

I mean I'm fairly sure I came down with something very nasty at the very end of Dec, 2019 and I don't think I fully recovered until the middle of 2022, and I'd consider myself a fairly fit and healthy 50yr old.  That virus had teh potential to **** up a lot of folks had it been allowed to run free, imo.  Initial lockdown, for teh most part, was essential.

Item on stv news just now regarding Scottish covid enquiry , noted that lockdowns increased the risks to women and children due to lack of support for them regarding domestic abuse / violence . Made them less safe . Aye but lockdowns !! 

7 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

You were pretty invested in the topic iirc, any idea how many of the UK's population (%age) were estimated to have actually contracted covid prior to any vaccine being administered?

I mean I'm fairly sure I came down with something very nasty at the very end of Dec, 2019 and I don't think I fully recovered until the middle of 2022, and I'd consider myself a fairly fit and healthy 50yr old.  That virus had teh potential to **** up a lot of folks had it been allowed to run free, imo.  Initial lockdown, for teh most part, was essential.

I don't know that.  There were figures published at the time about positive tests but I can't remember what the factor of undetected cases would have been.  

Naysayers tend to hide behind an insistence that things cannot be accepted without some kind of indisputable data,  etc.  It's nothing but bad faith debate.  Sometimes a concept cannot come with a certificate of indisputable factuality.  It sometimes requires no more than common sense imagination.

I've always said that the numbers spoke for themselves.  Scale,  volume and rate.  Apply a common sense approach to a scenario that was prevented (no lockdown) and it's quite straightforward to accept that the numbers would have provided a rather serious situation.  Dig several football pitch sized holes in the ground sort of deal.  Plus nobody being treated for anything else.  Plus absolutely no services and agencies able to function.  In a way,  no lockdown would very likely have led to a lockdown being required for secondary reasons.