• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• Jim_Duncan

• The Real Maroonblood

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Complete waste of time and money. We know we weren’t prepared, we know the government ****ed up. The end. 

In a nutshell.

Not expected to fully report for at least 4 years.  It will be a succession of revelations,  interim reports,  claims,  counter-claims,  denials,  etc.  

We'll see if the disinterest of people extends to the Scottish equivalent.  ;)

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Complete waste of time and money. We know we weren’t prepared, we know the government ****ed up. The end. 

About right

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not expected to fully report for at least 4 years.  It will be a succession of revelations,  interim reports,  claims,  counter-claims,  denials,  etc.  

We'll see if the disinterest of people extends to the Scottish equivalent.  ;)

Imagine - folk in Scotland more interested in an enquiry into decisions taken by those in Scotland.

Whatever next? 

Edited by BlueRiver

14 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Thoughts?

We need more damp squids imo.

:biggrin:

Just now, BlueRiver said:

Imagine - folk in Scotland more interested in an inquiry into decisions taken by those in Scotland.

Whatever next? 

Predictable bit of dullery.  The point is that it would be gross hypocrisy to cast one as a waste of time and not of interest to the individual,  while taking a keen interest in the other.  Both can only credibly be of equal relevance.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Predictable bit of dullery.  The point is that it would be gross hypocrisy to cast one as a waste of time and not of interest to the individual,  while taking a keen interest in the other.  Both can only credibly be of equal relevance.

You are self aware at least. 

The point is you built a strawman and then start on about hypocrisy when no one has yet illustrated any. 

You are self aware at least. 

The point is you built a strawman and then start on about hypocrisy when no one has yet illustrated any. 

I said "we'll see if... ".    

Will be comprehensive.

The main findings are predictable 

1. UK wasn't sufficiently prepared and cutbacks to things like PPE due to Conservative/ Lib Dem austerity damaged the response.

2. The Government acted fairly quickly and decisively notably lockdown. Scientific advice was helpful but incomplete. For example indoor transmission wasn't sufficiently understood early enough. 

3. Care home transfer from hospitals was a disaster. People are accountable. 

4. The Government then got itself mixed up. Eat Out to Help Out was introduced contrary to scientific advice and Rishi Sunak was responsible.

5. Then the Government failed to lock down again quickly enough around Sept 2020 causing tens of thousands of deaths. 

6. Furlough was a success. Some other support programmes were inadequate but overall the Government supported the economy well. 

7. Lockdown caused a lot of problems. Education, health. But it protected the NHS and saved lives.

8. The vaccine programme was a fantastic success. 

9. Inequality is a problem. Certain groups eg ethnic minority groups suffered more deaths and serious illness.

10. Long Covid is still not properly understood and although some support programmes are in place more needs to be done.

11. Need to prepare better for the next pandemic. 

What is less clear is the timing of the reports and accountability. For example they moved discussing vaccines before the next election and have delayed other more controversial subjects like care homes till after the next election.

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Will be comprehensive.

1. UK wasn't sufficiently prepared and cutbacks to things like PPE due to Conservative/ Lib Dem austerity damaged the response.

2. The Government acted fairly quickly and decisively notably lockdown. Scientific advice was helpful but incomplete. For example indoor transmission wasn't sufficiently understood early enough. 

4. The Government then got itself mixed up. Eat Out to Help Out was introduced contrary to scientific advice and Rishi Sunak was responsible.

5. Then the Government failed to lock down again quickly enough around Sept 2020 causing tens of thousands of deaths. 

6. Furlough was a success. Some other support programmes were inadequate but overall the Government supported the economy well. 

7. Lockdown caused a lot of problems. Education, health. But it protected the NHS and saved lives.

9. Inequality is a problem. Certain groups eg ethnic minority groups suffered more deaths and serious illness.

10. Long Covid is still not properly understood and although some support programmes are in place more needs to be done.

What is less clear is the timing of the reports and accountability. For example they moved discussing vaccines before the next election and have delayed other more controversial subjects like care homes till after the next election.

6. went on far too long imo.

What a great effort though, I don't think you'll be a million miles away - you should bookmark it!!

11 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Imagine - folk in Scotland more interested in an enquiry into decisions taken by those in Scotland.

Whatever next? 

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

I don't much care. 

I was misled by your initial intervention.  This tended you indicate you did care.  Thank you for clearing that up though.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

I was misled by your initial intervention.  This tended you indicate you did care.  Thank you for clearing that up though.

Aw I care about the pish you're spewing. Not your defences of said pish. 

Aw I care about the pish you're spewing. Not your defences of said pish. 

Some state.  

3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

6. went on far too long imo.

What a great effort though, I don't think you'll be a million miles away - you should bookmark it!!

Yeah. Page one so we can go back to it. Think it's most people's list. 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Some state.  

Gies peace and away back to speculating about who is or who isn't going to pop up on what thread.

Gies peace and away back to speculating about who is or who isn't going to pop up on what thread.

That's all I did before you jumped in head first and made a shops of yourself.  Then you attempted to clamber out of your hole by trying to appear as if you don't care.  A well trodden path on here.  Never mind,  better luck next time.  Call it a learning benefit gained.  

Just now, Victorian said:

That's all I did before you jumped in head first and made a shops of yourself.  Then you attempted to clamber out of your hole by trying to appear as if you don't care.  A well trodden path on here.  Never mind,  better luck next time.  Call it a learning benefit gained.  

🤣 my hole? I honestly couldn't care about your weak defence of your point. Its the blatant pish that unless folk are crawling all over every thread with their opinions then they're hypocritical for expressing an opinion on an issue. 

Utterly steaming point of view and all too common on here. 

🤣 my hole? I honestly couldn't care about your weak defence of your point. Its the blatant pish that unless folk are crawling all over every thread with their opinions then they're hypocritical for expressing an opinion on an issue. 

Not caring still?

JudyJudyJudy
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Will be comprehensive.

Plus the longer term health impact on those from lockdowns 

the political point scoring from Sturgeon which ruined many business 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

So true , it is a forum apparently , where views are allowed to be expressed . Seems only the “right “ views are tolerated . 

il Duce McTarkin
20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Don't make the squids an escape goat.

This.

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

So true , it is a forum apparently , where views are allowed to be expressed . Seems only the “right “ views are tolerated . 

And God forbid you post a view on a thread but haven't indicated that you also in fact hate the Tories on another...

JudyJudyJudy

And God forbid you post a view on a thread but haven't indicated that you also in fact hate the Tories on another...

I Ken . It’s mental . 

Find it hard to care anymore. Learn lessons, hold our nerve a bit more and if we are going to act, act fast and answer questions later.

40 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Whatever next? 

I'm interested in both. Especially the withdrawal of support to Scotland until London kicked off again. And the refusal by Ben Wallace to allow armed forces to help in Scotland, while giving them free roles in England.

7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I hate the Tories with a fecking passion. Despise every last one of them.

Edited by ri Alban

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Chief Mammy should be jailed 

wrong thread - grandstanding and political posturing aren't criminal offences in the same was as something like embezzlement might be. Shameful though the care home deaths are is in hindsight I'd prefer to assume that she didn't deliberately set out to do harm.

Konrad von Carstein
41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

We need more damp squids imo.

:biggrin:

On purpose Morgan old boy, was on purpose

:sweeet:

Japan Jambo
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hunt and May need fecking gaoled for their policy of no readiness.

Mental, absolutely mental. No one anywhere on the planet was prepared. 

16 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

What a weirdo, sticking up for the folk that hate Scotland, the Tory filth.

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Mental, absolutely mental. No one anywhere on the planet was prepared. 

They were warned and did nothing. I don't care what other countries do.

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I hate the Tories with a fecking passion. Despise if last one of them.

you hide it well though, free tour of Blair Drummond for anyone with a Blue (or Red) Tory rosette? 😁

joondalupjambo
34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Will be comprehensive.

1. UK wasn't sufficiently prepared and cutbacks to things like PPE due to AUSTERITY damaged the response.

3. Care home transfer from hospitals was a disaster. VARIOUS MISTAKES WERE MADE AND NO INDIVIDUAL IS accountable. 

4. The Government then got itself mixed up. Eat Out to Help Out was introduced contrary to scientific advice and NO INDIVIDUAL was responsible.

5. Then the Government failed to lock down again quickly enough around Sept 2020 BUT NO ONE INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP OF PEOPLE CAN BE ACUSSED OF causing tens of thousands of deaths. 

FTFY slightly.

Just now, ri Alban said:

What a weirdo, sticking up for the folk that hate Scotland, the Tory filth.

Sticking up for no one. I'm just fed up with this idea that you're a hypocrit on this board if you aren't glued to every issue equally. 

Folk can be more interested in Tory lies, more interested in English or Scottish covid enquiries or interested in both equally. If you wanted to spend all your time on about the English enquiry and nary a peep about the Scottish one then you do you. 

If you read my post as sticking up for Tories I'd suggest you lay off drinking paint.