Unpopular Opinion(s)

Konrad von Carstein

1 hour ago, Herbert. said:

Can we add cyclists not using those stupid lanes with the bollards should have their legs crushed.  Pisses me off that they get that section of road to make them feel safe but don't use them.

Down here in Bath, cyclists prefer to use the pavements because there are so many useless drivers on the roads. I've almost been hit by a driver on his phone and he went straight through the red light and almost took out me and 2 other pedestrians on a crossing. 

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Konrad von Carstein

• il Duce McTarkin

• Dick Dastardly

Nat Service. Show potential Gangsta's how aim a gun properly at their foes, thus eliminating contact with general public when service completed...:thumbsup:

Edited by OBE

I think this thread should be re-titled "The pale, male, stale and grumpy gits whinge thread".

::troll::

The Smith's are crap

Rap is just pointless drivel.

Italian styling is way overrated

Designer clothes are a massive rip off.

There is more....😁

New Town Loafer
5 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

There’s nothing wrong with a solo pint

Is this controversial in the slightest?

Non military National Service should be introduced, 2 years after leaving school and before college/uni, everyone works in some capacity in the public sector - Fire, Police, NHS, Local Council etc etc

Driving slower than the prescribed limit (when traffic allow's) should be met with the same penalties as driving over the limit

been here before
4 hours ago, Herbert. said:

Can we add cyclists not using those stupid lanes with the bollards should have their legs crushed.  Pisses me off that they get that section of road to make them feel safe but don't use them.

As someone who uses the one on Longstone Road frequently the biggest issue about not using it is arsehole car drivers parking in it.

Outside the garage by the lights at Sainsburys is usually the worst part. Car drivers parked on the pavement, over the cycle lane, on a corner with double yellows. Or outside Ladbrokes and the chippy parked on the corner, inside the hatches blocking the lane.

Infact its even on google maps :rofl:

Screenshot_20230425_131024_Maps.thumb.jpg.54b9eddfe4b26922e58cc823da17ee21.jpg

Screenshot_20230425_131216_Earth.thumb.jpg.16bf00aed82511b54451523e00c53bf7.jpg

Screenshot_20230425_131356_Earth.thumb.jpg.2edbff4a9476dcbbf783d57f2b390989.jpg

Thats generally the reason most folk end up cycling in traffic. Start by breaking the legs of arsehole car drivers and the rest will fall into place.

Edited by been here before

5 hours ago, Herbert. said:

I think from the age of 50 they should do that. Old people are ****ing useless behind the wheel. Driving everywhere at 30mph aswell, Motorway or outside a school 30mph.

Perhaps so, but young drivers cause a disproportionately high number of accidents, hence higher insurance rates for young drivers.

Ban all young drivers I say, which will make the roads safer for the old, careful drivers.  :tongue:

32 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Perhaps so, but young drivers cause a disproportionately high number of accidents, hence higher insurance rates for young drivers.

Ban all young drivers I say, which will make the roads safer for the old, careful drivers.  :tongue:

Probably while attempting evasive action from the Rover Metro wobbling out to the third lane of a motorway at 60mph driven by someone with a free bus pass.

Boomers also have deep pockets to avoid insurance claims.

Edited by Taffin

Tynecastle_Park
1 hour ago, micole said:

The Smith's are crap

Rap is just pointless drivel.

Italian styling is way overrated

Designer clothes are a massive rip off.

There is more....😁

The Smiths are crap 😲😲😲

Unknown user
1 hour ago, micole said:

The Smith's are crap

This isn't the thread for statements of verifiable fact mate.

Daffodil munching twats, convinced of their superiority, in my humblest of opinions.

Japan Jambo
16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This isn't the thread for statements of verifiable fact mate.

Daffodil munching twats, convinced of their superiority, in my humblest of opinions.

Thought it was Smith's not Smithee's ? 😁

Japan Jambo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nah, I don't like daffodils 

too much time in Holland, I'll put you down for a tulip instead...

On 23/04/2023 at 08:41, jim747 said:

Seconded

and i'll go as far as saying all that Monty Python stuff is pish too!

Both were good in their day.

Only fools should have finished after the auction and Monty Python is outdated nonsense now.

Nurses are no better than any other occupation.

Some good,some bad but most are average.

Mother and daughter worked in the national health and after listening to them moaning about some nurses they seem to have quite a few that do feck all but eat chocolates all day.😄

On 24/04/2023 at 13:42, i8hibsh said:

Zelenskyy is a crook

Motorbikes are for wanks

All Deliveroo (and the others) cyclists should be clotheslined

Jazz music is utterly shite

Acting is not art

A good singing voice does not make you talented

Net zero is a scam

Just because you work for the NHS it does not make you a hero

Teachers are good for nothing lazy *****

Princess Diana and Mother Theresa were frauds

BLM are the biggest bunch of racists scoundrels since the Nazis

Contrary to almost every advert made in the past 5 years, a circle of friends and married couples tend to be within their own race

The British Empire has way more to be proud of than ashamed of

Nigel Farage is a good *****

A man can act like a woman but he will never ever be a woman

Glad it is just not me.Actually thought about clothes lining them.🤣

On 23/04/2023 at 14:05, ri Alban said:

GPs are paid too much for so little. They should be nationalised with no private work available. If they move they should have their licence revoked and made to bed bath big fat cripples at a nursing home.

Income tax should be increased to drastically Improve infrastructure. Especially public transport. For example, all major cities should have an underground system like Amsterdam. Roads should be maintained to a far higher standard. The rail network should also be funded this way with tax cuts for companies who use the rail network for haulage instead of lorries.

2 minutes ago, superjack said:

Income tax should be increased to drastically Improve infrastructure. Especially public transport. For example, all major cities should have an underground system like Amsterdam. Roads should be maintained to a far higher standard. The rail network should also be funded this way with tax cuts for companies who use the rail network for haulage instead of lorries.

I would also integrate bus services with trains with a ticket that worked on both and having bus times lined up with train times to minimise wait times. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, superjack said:

I agree, but only after significant raises for the low and middle classes, who've experienced massive reduction in relative income over the last decade.

Expecting the government to put the population and infrastructure first should be the norm, not a revolutionary concept.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I would also integrate bus services with trains with a ticket that worked on both and having bus times lined up with train times to minimise wait times. 

Make local mass public transport free at point of use.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Make local mass public transport free at point of use.

I don't agree with free but it should be set at affordable levels.

17 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Welcome back, Jeffros.

:sadrobbo:

I wear Stone Island on occasion, am erudite, well educated, wealthy, and could definatey rag-doll the three of you mug punters around at the same time. You might want to invite half a dozen of your mates around to even your odds up a bit. Or maybe @Dawnrazor and @sadj, they seem pretty handy and I don't mind breaking a sweat while I'm breaking skulls.

:seething:

😂😂 You'd look like road kill in a wankers jumper after 5 seconds with me!!

5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I agree, but only after significant raises for the low and middle classes, who've experienced massive reduction in relative income over the last decade.

Expecting the government to put the population and infrastructure first should be the norm, not a revolutionary concept.

A very good point Smithee. Start by increasing the tax on the higher earners, outlaw tax avoidance schemes as well.

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

This type of system seems to work well in other countries, so why not here? Possibly something with successive governments only wanting systems that can make a profit.

been here before
51 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Didn't have you pegged as a MAMIL, BHB. Disappointed and now got you blocked on here :( Sad when one of your heroes lets you down.

Im more your Middle Aged, Red Faced, Heavy Breathing Fat ***** In A Ripped Tshirt And Baggy Shorts type of thing.

I also enjoy quiet nights in, good nights out, walks along the beach  at sunset.

il Duce McTarkin
51 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You'd be bent into a clove hitch before you'd managet to roll your sleeves up, Dawn, but you'd still make a decent henchman. 👍

4 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

You'd be bent into a clove hitch before you'd managet to roll your sleeves up, Dawn, but you'd still make a decent henchman. 👍

😂👍

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

24 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Dawn and Dirk limbering up before duking it out...

IMG_20230425_172200.jpg

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

mrs Dawnrazor is a lucky woman

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

She doesnt😉

She doesn't more that she does these days😔

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

She doesn't more that she does these days😔

Aye, nae surprise there😉

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Ked said:

The United Kingdom is lawfully and essentially a just and wonderful place to live.

I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else