Unpopular Opinion(s)

Konrad von Carstein

PaddysBar
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Charlie has all the makings of a good King.

We need leadership, guidance and, overall, a humble and down to Earth gentleman taking us forward.

GSTK.

None of this will come from a monarchy sadly. 

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Konrad von Carstein

• il Duce McTarkin

• Dick Dastardly

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Skechers don’t have a ‘t’ in their name.

Neither do Vans.

🥺

I honestly dont care.

On 28/04/2023 at 18:40, jonesy said:

Not sure how unpopular this opinion is: The sole reason for being alive is to procreate and anyone not doing so is, biologically speaking, not succeeding.

I genuinely can't understand why people have kids...other than the biological procreation purpose of further our race etc. It just seems awful: lack of sleep, time and money to do the things you enjoy. Long term nursing home and power of attorney etc; not for me, when that time comes just put me in my casket.

That's not to mention the sort of world people are bringing kids into and the futures they face.

Edit: I see this has been covered after your initial post 👍

Edited by Taffin

Konrad von Carstein
9 hours ago, jonesy said:

Which Charlie is this? Dimmock, Sheen, or Brown?

IMG_20230504_083305.jpg

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

The old beast can use the experience of his decades long friendship with Bishop Balls and Jimmy Savile to help lead us. Then he could use tax payers money to compensate the underagers his brother raped.

been here before
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I genuinely can't understand why people have kids...other than the biological procreation purpose of further our race etc. It just seems awful: lack of sleep, time and money to do the things you enjoy.

As a parent I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Dawnrazor
34 minutes ago, been here before said:

As a parent I second you.

John Findlay
54 minutes ago, been here before said:

20 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

As a parent I second you.

As a parent. I disagree.

That thing you do
On 22/04/2023 at 16:43, Homme said:

Folk in our armed forces aren't heroes and mostly grew up being arseholes and wasters.

Agreed

They are fodder for the games of the ruling classes. Nothing heroic about it most of the time.

Certain conflicts (eg ww2 and falklands) where its genuine defence vs an agressor, is heroic.

Just now, jonesy said:

I think getting folk who have no desire to procreate out of the gene pool is probably part of evolution, too. Again, that’s neither good nor bad, just the way it is. 

It's an interesting one and probably an interesting discussion in itself. You could theoretically end up with survival of the 'weakest' if a significant concentration of the 'strongest' ended up self-selecting out...albeit they're not really the strongest if they die out I guess. Equally if we procreated to the point of overpopulation and died out then those not having kids actually gave humans the best chance of survival but ultimately failed.

I wonder if any other species has ultimately gone extinct through 'choice'. Pandas maybe came closest(?).

5 hours ago, Pap said:

I honestly dont care.

Och, don’t be like that.  :sad: 

12 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Very true, Barney.

Of course, you knew my post was ‘tongue in cheek’ didn’t you?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Konrad von Carstein
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Very true, Barney.

Of course, you knew my post was ‘tongue in Charlie's bum cheek’ didn’t you?  🤷🏿‍♂️

:detective:

Dennis Denuto
On 28/04/2023 at 16:54, JudyJudyJudy said:

I am giving serious thought to taking a break.  However its not an airport terminal so I wont announce it. So if i  disappear Ive not been kidnapped or even worse my phone or laptop confiscated you'll know im " taking a break". 👍i took a break the last time and the rumour monger when i came back was i had been suspended etc. I wasnt. 

I've never heard anyone announce their departure from an Airport.

How weird would that be "That's me off now, I'm on the 17:35 Ryanair flight to Magaluf, bye everyone."

"I am on that flight too so I will also be leaving now."

"I am on the 19:25 to Palma so I must wait in the terminal until my gate is announced"

Etc etc etc..........

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

It's an interesting one and probably an interesting discussion in itself. You could theoretically end up with survival of the 'weakest' if a significant concentration of the 'strongest' ended up self-selecting out...albeit they're not really the strongest if they die out I guess. Equally if we procreated to the point of overpopulation and died out then those not having kids actually gave humans the best chance of survival but ultimately failed.

I wonder if any other species has ultimately gone extinct through 'choice'. Pandas maybe came closest(?).

Survival of the strongest should really be written "most suited to their environment". It ceased to be a thing, anyway, in terms of humans working together, supporting the slowest or less-able members of their tribe/clan etc. 

Dunno about self-selecting out but the birth rates of many countries just now isn't even close enough to maintaining the civilization/culture. 2.1 births per woman is needed to sustain a population.

No country in Europe reaches that - highest is France at 1.9. UK is 1.7. If you ever wondered why the Tories talk big about stopping "illegal" immigrants yet don't ever really tackle it, it's precisely because of that figure. 

Edited by Gizmo

16 hours ago, Tazio said:

Morgan is probably thinking of the style bar on George Street 😀

That’s a blast from the past, Taz.

🍸🍸🥤🥤

7 hours ago, Taffin said:

I genuinely can't understand why people have kids...other than the biological procreation purpose of further our race etc. It just seems awful: lack of sleep, time and money to do the things you enjoy. Long term nursing home and power of attorney etc; not for me, when that time comes just put me in my casket.

I only ever had one, and he's now 26.

He is by a considerable distance the best thing I have ever set eyes on in this life.  I wouldn't change it for anything.

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I've never heard anyone announce their departure from an Airport.

How weird would that be "That's me off now, I'm on the 17:35 Ryanair flight to Magaluf, bye everyone."

"I am on that flight too so I will also be leaving now."

"I am on the 19:25 to Palma so I must wait in the terminal until my gate is announced"

Etc etc etc..........

Ok ok ok 👍 it’s old news now 😂

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

He is by a considerable distance the best thing I have ever set eyes on in this life.  I wouldn't change it for anything.

And every parent should feel like that about their children . 

doctor jambo

People worry too much about the planet.

Earth has a finite life span, it will be consumed by the sun.

Our goal should be to rapidly find a way to spread our race across the galaxy , and if that means maximal resource extraction to do that , then so be it.

doctor jambo
19 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Survival of the strongest should really be written "most suited to their environment". It ceased to be a thing, anyway, in terms of humans working together, supporting the slowest or less-able members of their tribe/clan etc. 

Dunno about self-selecting out but the birth rates of many countries just now isn't even close enough to maintaining the civilization/culture. 2.1 births per woman is needed to sustain a population.

No country in Europe reaches that - highest is France at 1.9. UK is 1.7. If you ever wondered why the Tories talk big about stopping "illegal" immigrants yet don't ever really tackle it, it's precisely because of that figure. 

Luckily we will soon have men having babies too , so no panick

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

You could theoretically end up with survival of the 'weakest' if a significant concentration of the 'strongest' ended up self-selecting out...albeit they're not really the strongest if they die out I guess.

The movie Idiocracy is kind of based on that notion.

Idiocracy - Wikipedia

33 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Yup. It's interesting, I wonder what the most desirable human traits are now and how have they changed, particularly when our environment is changing so (comparatively) rapidly. 

33 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Yeh, it's a big con to mask racist policy imo. That said, in the theoretical scenario of overpopulation, would sacrificing your own lineage for human survival be viewed as a negative or positive as it's counter to being the most suited to your environment but also allowing the species to continue. I guess sustaining population and culture comes secondary to existence, as the environment around us changes our survival may find itself directly in conflict with that and no longer able to support either of those things.

Who knows (I'm sure someone does), I'm just rambling away as I though Jonesy's post was interesting.

21 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

👍👍 Glad to hear it. The best thing I've ever set eyes on will hopefully be the first tee on Sunday after a good night's sleep bairn free, with money in my pocket for some pro-Vs in the pro shop before a couple of beers on the clubhouse veranda. I get it, until you have one you can't really know...I just can't see why someone would choose to lift the veil of ignorance 😂😂

Edited by Taffin

15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Ok ok ok 👍 it’s old news now 😂

There’s a dead horse somewhere...

6 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

The movie Idiocracy is kind of based on that notion.

Idiocracy - Wikipedia

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Was about to post the same thing

I'll give that a watch, cheers 👍👍

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The best thing I've ever set eyes on will hopefully be the first tee on Sunday after a good night's sleep bairn free, with money in my pocket for some pro-Vs in the pro shop before a couple of beers on the clubhouse veranda. 

Ya see, that doesn't work for me, because I'm really shit at golf.  :laugh: 

JudyJudyJudy
42 minutes ago, Morgan said:

There’s a dead horse somewhere...

😂😎

21 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

😂😎

By the same token though, you cannae beat a good flogging.

So I’ve been told.

EDE9E127-2990-44BF-9C62-4CB28AB59AD7.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

By the same token though, you cannae beat a good flogging.

So I’ve been told.

EDE9E127-2990-44BF-9C62-4CB28AB59AD7.jpeg

IMG_3315.gif

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ah!  Like that, is it?

I’m boringly “ vanilla “ Morgan 😎

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_3315.gif

Unless I’ve had a few sherries 

PaddysBar
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

Very true, Barney.

Of course, you knew my post was ‘tongue in cheek’ didn’t you?  🤷🏿‍♂️

I lose the skills of comprehension at the hint of praise for the royals mate. 

I detest the fact that such a dysfunctional family has apparently been ordained by the sky fairy to lord it over us. 

Samuel Camazzola
On 01/05/2023 at 12:41, been here before said:

Sketchers are for middle age/auld women.

Jamie Redknapp would disagree. 

jambopilms

Folk who worship a god should be considered insane and removed from any position of power.

Same goes for smokers.

Unknown user
53 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Jamie Redknapp's for middle age/auld women tae.

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Folk who worship a god should be considered insane and removed from any position of power.

Same goes for smokers.

First part, undoubtedly.

Second part, I worry more about the people who don't need a cigarette to deal with the madness of life. WTF is going through their minds?

been here before
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Jamie Redknapp proves the point.

OmiyaHearts

Recycling is a waste of time. I just stick everything in the one bin.

Kids should be banned from airplanes, pubs and restaurants. Stop making the rest of us suffer.

TV series & movies are pish. Tried loads, get bored in first 15 mins with just about anything.

All sports except football are a waste of time. Although I was recently at Baseball for the first time and kinda enjoyed it.

Australia is not worth visiting. Too warm to go out and full to the brim with racists.

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Jamie Redknapp's for middle age/auld women tae.

That’s because they want to snare him before his face melts like his dads did.

been here before
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

That’s because they want to snare him before his face melts like his dads did.

Isnt one of the reasons his auld man looks like a melted wellie is, in part, down to injuries he received when he was involved in a fatal car crash?

Italia 90 maybe.

Edited by been here before

BlueRiver
8 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Agreed

They are fodder for the games of the ruling classes. Nothing heroic about it most of the time.

Certain conflicts (eg ww2 and falklands) where its genuine defence vs an agressor, is heroic.

Aren't we all? They're just at the sharp end. 

That thing you do
10 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Aren't we all? They're just at the sharp end. 

True. The bullets are further away though!

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Isnt one of the reasons his auld man looks like a melted wellie is, in part, down to injuries he received when he was involved in a fatal car crash?

Italia 90 maybe.

Oh, I didn’t know about that.

Bad post (albeit unintentional) on my part.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Italia 90 maybe.

yes head on crash that killed his boss and friend who was chief exec of bournemouth at the time. the other car 3 17 year olds died. it was after italy beat ireland at italia 90