Unpopular Opinion(s)

Konrad von Carstein

New Town Loafer
35 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

On the first one, without the figures on hand, I’d say that the % of people who are fit and able to work, but voluntarily choose a life on £92-a-week universal credit money will be extremely small. People often make it out to be some glamorous lifestyle, I don’t think that could be any further from the truth. Although I do agree that with any system, there will be people out looking to exploit it.

I don’t buy into the ‘everyone on benefits has a four-bed house and is loaded’ shite that gets spouted by idiots, but there is a great number of people in this country who are not willing to put the required work in.

That is in no way a dig at those whirling their arses off in poorly-paid professions, by the way.

Edited by New Town Loafer

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Konrad von Carstein

• il Duce McTarkin

• Dick Dastardly

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It's up to the employer to get more people, motivate the guy, or **** him off and examine their hiring process. Look upwards, not sideways.

Sounds a bit elitist to me. Look all around. 

New Town Loafer
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

FB_IMG_1682346769741.thumb.jpg.b2f324e63e7d0a41feb9f5da4dfa52fd.jpg

Sounds too pro-Marxism for me. It’s a firm no.

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

The Crusades were justified.

:spoton:

Except for the one that Smithee is on just now.

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

Sounds too pro-Marxism for me. It’s a firm no.

Thankfully we don't live in a binary world where it's either the working man getting stuffed, or Marxism 

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Except for the one that Smithee is on just now.

Ah I'm just offering an opinion, you should try it some time!

Edited by Smithee

Konrad von Carstein
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He just did :ph34r:

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

If your colleague is continually leaving the rest of the team in the mud because they're not pulling their weight that's as much my business. 

Thankfully people like that don't tend to last long in my line of work. 

in footballing terms if one of our players isn’t giving it all the others have to also reduce their performance level or wait for Naismith to say something :lol:

actually maybe that was what was happening with neilson :(

New Town Loafer

Thankfully we don't live in a binary world where it's either the working man getting stuffed, or Marxism 

Never said we did, old boy.

il Duce McTarkin

Aw, come on, Smithee, I offer lots of opinions, I just don't labour the point as much as much as some folk.

People who spend all day on a football forum getting all high and mighty and accusing their colleagues of skiving. 

Ironic or what 😂😂😂

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It does . It’s not the greatest , im

an admirer of architecture and that isn’t great at all . 

Form follows function. Or should do ... the guiding principle of modernism in architecture. . The problem I had with the design of the main stand was that apart from the big club crest there was and is  nothing in the frontage to suggest there was a football ground behind it. The old floodlight pylons were at least always a guide to the location of any ground in a town in Scotland and beyond. 

And football grounds were and usually still are  identified by their resemblance or at least reference to a Roman or Greek  arena. Or at least by something that looked like a spectator stand. 

A bit off topic sorry.

Actally retract that. My opnion on the design of the main stand was probably the most unpoular opinion I have posted on here. So bang on topic!

Edited by Francis Albert

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Form follows function. Or should do ... the guiding principle of modernism in architecture. . The problem I had with the design of the main stand was that apart from the big club crest there was and is  nothing in the frontage to suggest there was a football ground behind it. The old floodlight pylons were at least always a guide to the location of any ground in a town in Scotland and beyond. 

And football grounds were and usually still are  identified by their resemblance or at least reference to a Roman or Greek  arena. Or at least by something that looked like a spectator stand. 

A bit off topic sorry.

Actally retract that. My opnion on the design of the main stand was probably the most unpoular opinion I have posted on here. So bang on topic!

👍

Japan Jambo
14 hours ago, been here before said:

2_The-State-Opening-Of-Parliamentjp.jpg.64d27c75db927f6e9560f879e696310b.jpg

77732712_Screenshot_20230427_082048_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c4b7f0d809721f30fcd7a5d6bef397c6.jpg

And what glorious examples we can look up to.

Edited by Japan Jambo
tired and grumpy

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

A bit off topic sorry.

It's grew on me .

I think the plaza should have trees and other stuff that would make a nice area for locals.

Not fekin dugs though.

There's a couple of owners around these parts that don't pick up.

The badge at night is splendid.

Konrad von Carstein
12 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Your most unpopular opinion posted is your next one FA.

Only joshing :)

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, Ked said:

It's grew on me .

I think the plaza should have trees and other stuff that would make a nice area for locals.

Not fekin dugs though.

Yes some trees and a couple benches might be nice 

10 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Kickback has thousands of members. 

It’s dominated by around 10 posters, which really puts everyone else off. 

Ok 👍 

AlphonseCapone

Most men in their 50s onwards are the most insecure grouping of people you'll ever meet. 

It's perfectly legitimate to not to care that we're destroying the planet and it's merely a moral discussion, with morals being an entirely human construct. 

13 hours ago, Ked said:

It's grew on me .

Not fekin dugs though.

It really need some trees and street furniture imo. It's very barren which makes the design of the stand even more oppressive. 

Given it's the unpopular opinion thread, I still think the new stand was a debacle start to fin...err...now, and it looks like an office block externally.

il Duce McTarkin
13 hours ago, Ked said:

Being born into royalty is a being born a slave .

Money means nothing

il Duce McTarkin

12 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Kickback has thousands of members. 

It’s dominated by around 10 posters, which really puts everyone else off. 

How do you know?

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Dogs should be banned in cities full stop. Only guide dogs and working dogs in the countryside are acceptable. 

If a dog can’t run up a staircase at full speed it doesn’t deserve to be called a dog. 

1 hour ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

How do you know?

Because I had had a few and it made perfect sense at the time 😀🍻

26 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Because I had had a few and it made perfect sense at the time 😀🍻

To be fair, Barney, six or seven of them are easy guesses.  👍

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

1. Morgan

:lol:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

1. Morgan

:lol:

Harsh.  🥺

The day I’m on here more than @JudyJudyJudy and @Smithee is a day that’ll never happen.

2. Konrad von Carstein.

:biggrin:

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Harsh.  🥺

The day I’m on here more than @JudyJudyJudy and @Smithee is a day that’ll never happen.

2. Konrad von Carstein.

:biggrin:

I am giving serious thought to taking a break.  However its not an airport terminal so I wont announce it. So if i  disappear Ive not been kidnapped or even worse my phone or laptop confiscated you'll know im " taking a break". 👍i took a break the last time and the rumour monger when i came back was i had been suspended etc. I wasnt. 

24 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I am giving serious thought to taking a break.  However its not an airport terminal so I wont announce it. So if i  disappear Ive not been kidnapped or even worse my phone or laptop confiscated you'll know im " taking a break". 👍i took a break the last time and the rumour monger when i came back was i had been suspended etc. I wasnt. 

Don’t go!!

:sob: 

33 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Folk been bullying you again 🤔

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Indeed. Glass, stones, kettles, those, pots, houses, black and all that😀

Anyway. I’m in bank holiday mode and got a cracking weekend lined up so peace and love to all ☮️ 

il Duce McTarkin
54 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out, jamesey.

been here before
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

But yet here you are announcing it.

Konrad von Carstein
32 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not sure how unpopular this opinion is: The sole reason for being alive is to procreate and anyone not doing so is, biologically speaking, not succeeding.

Harsh, hopefully unwittingly.

Me and Mrs KvC found out a few years ago that we can't have a child and we were absolutely gutted at the time.

Along with my ex having a couple of miscarriages I am aware of the anguish that causes.

All the more reason why I am the doting dad of a wee lassie who is somehow 29 years old, she was being pushed about in a pram only 5 minutes ago. :lol:

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not sure how unpopular this opinion is: The sole reason for being alive is to procreate and anyone not doing so is, biologically speaking, not succeeding.

Horrible comment.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Folk been bullying you again 🤔

No . I’m not a victim . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, been here before said:

But yet here you are announcing it.

No read my comment again . 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Harsh, hopefully unwittingly.

Me and Mrs KvC found out a few years ago that we can't have a child and we were absolutely gutted at the time.

Along with my ex having a couple of miscarriages I am aware of the anguish that causes.

All the more reason why I am the doting dad of a wee lassie who is somehow 29 years old she was being pushed about in a pram only 5 minutes ago. :lol:

👍

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out, jamesey.

IMG_7154.gif

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

No offence intended. Some of the kindest, warmest and best people I've ever known have been childless through choice or nature's dice roll. This is, however, an unpopular opinions thread.

It's just a growing thing that people who do make babies are increasingly viewed as being somehow damaging to the world, and I think that's a dangerous route to go down. I'm pretty sure that we will become an interplanetary species at some point in the future, and people will need to go out an colonise new planets/moons. It's both how we will survive and evolve.

You can, of course, still make a great contribution to the world without having had children. But from a biological perspective, that's really the only reason we're here, IMO.

conversely and probably just as big an unpopular opinion those people who decide not to have children are doing more for the planet due to overpopulation and how unenvironmental humans are

1 hour ago, PaddysBar said:

Indeed. Glass, stones, kettles, those, pots, houses, black and all that😀

Anyway. I’m in bank holiday mode and got a cracking weekend lined up so peace and love to all ☮️ 

Fair point maybe, a few years ago. 

Now?  Not so.  👍

Have a good weekend, Barney.  Give my love to Mr Sandy B.  

Konrad von Carstein
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

No offence intended. Some of the kindest, warmest and best people I've ever known have been childless through choice or nature's dice roll. This is, however, an unpopular opinions thread.

It's just a growing thing that people who do make babies are increasingly viewed as being somehow damaging to the world, and I think that's a dangerous route to go down. I'm pretty sure that we will become an interplanetary species at some point in the future, and people will need to go out an colonise new planets/moons. It's both how we will survive and evolve.

You can, of course, still make a great contribution to the world without having had children. But from a biological perspective, that's really the only reason we're here, IMO.

No offence taken Jonester, was just proffering a lived.experience regarding having der kinder..