HIbs are actually Falling Apart

Spookie

Is there a fan base more deluded in football? 

Aberdeen downed tools as a team. They’ll get pumped at County and be back calling for Lee to go. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Sooks

• Pasquale for King

• RobNox

40 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/fish-confident-hibs-third-spot-26106067

Jesus they win a game and they start spouting off again !!!!

They have no chance.  After this week's fixtures there will only be 13 matches left to play.  I don't see Hibs gaining anymore than a point on us after this weekend.  Of those 13 remaining matches, 6 will be against us and the OF (assuming they make the top 6) so they will do well scraping 2 points out of those.  They won't be clawing back the current gap on us.  Hibs will probably end up like last year's Motherwell by fluking 5th despite being awful.

14 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Just signed a guy on loan from Burnley who they let go from their academy lol

Who? Egan-Riley was at Man City was he not?

1 hour ago, Hannibal said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/fish-confident-hibs-third-spot-26106067

Jesus they win a game and they start spouting off again !!!!

In fairness, he actually says “third or fourth place”, which I’m assuming means Europe.

I’d imagine he knows they have no chance of third, and the headline is just a bit of clickbait.

wentworth jambo
On 29/01/2023 at 10:13, hmfc1984 said:

Ah, so a few of their fans are morons! Shock horror. Every club has them and I've no doubt if the situation was reversed there would be some Hearts fans who did the same thing. 

I'll leave it there but for me I'd be gutted if we lost the derby fixture. Don't mind them getting relegated mind for a few seasons again 🤣

It was - back in 1990 when Wallace tried to finish them off. I seem to remember at that time, no Hearts fans penned any letters or took any action to try and push the deal through...indeed quite the opposite and a large number got on board with Hands Off Hibs to help save Lochend. Indeed, one of our all time greats spoke openly at a HoH rally....didn't see may Lochenders standing up for us during our admin.

I agree though - because of their behaviour in 2012/13, there would be a huge number of us (me included) who would do anything that would hasten their demise.

wentworth jambo
On 29/01/2023 at 10:13, hmfc1984 said:

Ah, so a few of their fans are morons! Shock horror. Every club has them and I've no doubt if the situation was reversed there would be some Hearts fans who did the same thing. 

I'll leave it there but for me I'd be gutted if we lost the derby fixture. Don't mind them getting relegated mind for a few seasons again 🤣

Dup post

Edited by wentworth jambo

It's difficult to see any team that has a centre back pairing of Hanlon and Fish challenging for 3rd. Fair play to him though.

2 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

It was - back in 1990 when Wallace tried to finish them off. I seem to remember at that time, no Hearts fans penned any letters or took any action to try and push the deal through...indeed quite the opposite and a large number got on board with Hands Off Hibs to help save Lochend. Indeed, one of our all time greats spoke openly at a HoH rally....didn't see may Lochenders standing up for us during our admin.

I agree though - because of their behaviour in 2012/13, there would be a huge number of us (me included) who would do anything that would hasten their demise.

Fair enough mate. Like everyone else on here you're entitled to your opinion but for me personally I'd be gutted to lose the derby. 

Scottish football is hardly swamped with games of interest...

I’ve had a £50 bet on with a hibs colleague that we would finish above them and gave him a +6 point handicap this season. There is an alternative forfeit of wearing the other teams strip on a dress down Friday. 

Last week he was all but conceding the forfeit. Today he genuinely thinks they’ll catch us 🤣. According to him we have had our best season ever and are ‘only’ 9 points ahead. I had to remind him that we actually had a very average, borderline poor first half of the season and yet we are still streets ahead. 

Hibs eh. Some laugh.

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

It's difficult to see any team that has a centre back pairing of Hanlon and Fish challenging for 3rd. Fair play to him though.

maybe he meant 3rd bottom?

Is anyone surprised or even disappointed that quite a lot of Hibs fans went to the bother of writing letters in attempts to ruin our survival efforts?

Of the two sets of fans, Hibs fans are the only ones would have any good reason for wishing the other club gone.

Without Hearts, Hibs would no longer be "habitually" humiliated bi-annually (minimum) as they are now (to quote Leslie Deans, from that fantastic line he spoke.).

I don't understand Hearts fans wanting Hibs to disappear.

Don't understand it at all.

They are fantastic value. No other club gives us the pleasure that they do.

They're like a bit on the side.

6 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

We’ve slapped them 3-0 twice this month 😂

Wee nyaffs.

You're being way too generous.

5 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Is there a fan base more deluded in football? 

Aberdeen downed tools as a team. They’ll get pumped at County and be back calling for Lee to go. 

Having done a 'Likely Lads' for that match, I honestly expected a game of blood & thunder with both teams giving it their all knowing that any result suited us. My popcorn was at the ready.

That Aberdeen squad should hang their heads in shame. I think it was 1700 🐑 made the effort to attend, and to treat them with such contempt is unforgivable.

These guys are paid handsomely by any normal metric, and more than any typical fan, but seemingly chose to chuck it.

As for any silly stuff about H1b5' amazing performance etc. etc. and how that augurs well going forward? Let's wait & see what transpires over the rest of the season.

They'll be fortunate to make top 6. But, should they manage that, then a Tynie derby awaits.

Yet they are ok with porteous fake head knocks and the fact just about every team they’ve played in the league has had a man sent off ???? 🤣🤣🤣

helmets

Shanks said no
55 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Marshall has already fessed up to having "chucked one in".

Talks to the opposition manager but not his own.

9 minutes ago, Shanks said no said:

Maybe he did talk to Lee J but it went right over his head? 😉

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Maybe he did talk to Lee J but it went right over his head? 😉

Thanks @Wee Mikey been at a funeral earlier and first time I have laughed since.

11 minutes ago, Shanks said no said:

Marshall will know Malky Mackay better than Lee Johnson with being part of the Scotland set up for years. 

On 29/01/2023 at 08:31, Notts1874 said:

I want Hibs to be liquidated and never play them again 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Oh no no no no no, it's death by a thousand derby defeats for the vermin.

alicante jambo
15 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Even that scummy newspaper knows Hibs celebrate draws as wins 😂

Ffs brutal isnt it. 

RustyRightPeg
On 25/01/2023 at 09:20, RustyRightPeg said:

Anyone heard any rumours that Ron Gordon is unwell?

Turns out not all rumours are rubbish. 

Hope he recovers.

Apparently a Hibs player turned up for an op at Spire during the week 

Bill wasn't Paid and they couldn't get Hibs on the phone so the op was cancelled and player sent on his way 

2 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Bill wasn't Paid and they couldn't get Hibs on the phone so the op was cancelled and player sent on his way 

How embarrassing . Sorry sir , no we do not take Nectar points

2 hours ago, Spookie said:

OK.

Can you add to this.

3 hours ago, Spookie said:

They knew the bill prior to the treatment?

Hmm ... 🤔

6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hmm ... 🤔

That's not as ludicrous as it sounds. Most treatments are a set rate, so unless it turns out you need something else as well, there's nothing to stop you paying first. Whether or not they make you is hospital policy I guess. Very similar to how it works over here. I've had times when I paid before, but also times when I paid after. The former is much more common as it protects the hospital if you turn out to be a Hibs-type person. 

6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hmm ... 🤔

All treatments at private hospitals have to be pre-authorised by the insurer, otherwise they don’t happen. 

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hmm ... 🤔

they tend to know the cost of an op before treatment yes 😂

39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

they tend to know the cost of an op before treatment yes 😂

In that case, it explains why H1b5 haven't proceeded with Wee Lee's brain transplant.

They couldn't afford a swap for Lennon's.

Mind you, they did shell out for the tummy transplant.

Screenshot_20230204_213354_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230204_213402_Gallery.jpg