• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Sooks

• Pasquale for King

• RobNox

Those figures will have included trips to Hampden, something they won’t have this year….? Shame. 

upgotheheads
Just now, upgotheheads said:

A good takeover opportunity for a related sports activity company maybe? 

Spartans or Edinburgh City maybe

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Couple of them getting a bit twitchy about it

FF9A85EE-A112-4B71-8822-5B8797034353.jpeg

It all sounds rather "umbrella - conglomerate ish" to me, where have I heard that before? :devil-smiley-029: 

It's interesting that the costs due to ditching 2 x management teams and finishing bottom 6 (8th) were both highlighted.

Also, the reported £500K for Boyle raised my eyebrow.

I'm sure there must be more to it than that, but it certainly shows the importance of stable management and (pitiful SPL rewards notwithstanding) finishing as high as possible.

So, 3rd for us again, a decent-ish cup run, and another Euro adventure and we really could be leaving them standing.

Naisys Tackle
21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Just think where they'd be if they hadn't sold Boyle.... 

They only got £500k for him, was meant to get another £1m but that's been wavered.  Doig will make them a lot more money sadly. 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It's interesting that the costs due to ditching 2 x management teams and finishing bottom 6 (8th) were both highlighted.

Also, the reported £500K for Boyle raised my eyebrow.

I'm sure there must be more to it than that, but it certainly shows the importance of stable management and (pitiful SPL rewards notwithstanding) finishing as high as possible.

So, 3rd for us again, a decent-ish cup run, and another Euro adventure and we really could be leaving them standing.

:spoton: heres hoping.

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It all sounds rather "umbrella - conglomerate ish" to me, where have I heard that before? :devil-smiley-029: 

One of them tried to be funny by mentioning owing it to them selves as a dig about when our debts were mounting up to UBIG and Ukio ....................................... I do not even think he realises that this is exactly the same situation that they are now in . Not the brightest breed

37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

£3.5 million trading loss is £65k+ a week, no wonder they sold Porteous

Crikey! That's £30K more than FOH subs. 🤭

If only they had a similar scheme then they'd be ½ sorted. They could call it HSL.

Edited by Wee Mikey

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Couple of them getting a bit twitchy about it

FF9A85EE-A112-4B71-8822-5B8797034353.jpeg

Where’s Sergey and his fantastic financial knowledge when they need him?

3 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Those figures will have included trips to Hampden, something they won’t have this year….? Shame. 

I was going to say the same thing, I don't think they even got out of the League Cup group stages and we pumped them out at the first opportunity in the Scottish.  

Not sure what player trading there will be for them next year (Doig?) but the results could be even worse.

8 minutes ago, TurboT said:

I was going to say the same thing, I don't think they even got out of the League Cup group stages and we pumped them out at the first opportunity in the Scottish.  

Not sure what player trading there will be for them next year (Doig?) but the results could be even worse.

no they did not get out of the group stages after losing to falkirk and having their 1-1 v morton oveturned due to playing bushiri who should have been suspended

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

£3.5 million trading loss is £65k+ a week, no wonder they sold Porteous

Would have been the same last accounts if it wasn't for the £2.5 Mil they borrowed from the government.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Would have been the same last accounts if it wasn't for the £2.5 Mil they borrowed from the government.

And that's before their summer signing spree and re-adding Boyle to an already maxed out wage budget.

They booked the full £2m Boyle transfer fee as player trading profit, but only received £500k cash, the balance would be showing as an asset on the balance sheet as money owed to them.  However, that money owed was wiped when they brought Boyle back this season, so in effect that balance will show as a loss in the next accounts.

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And that's before their summer signing spree and re-adding Boyle to an already maxed out wage budget.

They did manage to offload that American dud who was seemingly on huge wages. 

Things don't seem entirely transparent at Easter Road. Their fans probably should be cautious or maybe even a bit nervous. Who knows what acumen exists amongst the ownership after the passing of Ron Gordon.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Things don't seem entirely transparent at Easter Road. Their fans probably should be cautious or maybe even a bit nervous. Who knows what acumen exists amongst the ownership after the passing of Ron Gordon.

That's right I forgot about him.

Do you remember if that was before or after re-signing Boyle? I distinctly remember them announcing that they were already at their wage limit when they signed him.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Carter said:

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Do you remember if that was before or after re-signing Boyle? I distinctly remember them announcing that they were already at their wage limit when they signed him.

Just checked, they signed Boyle 3 months after Mueller left

Pasquale for King

The money for Doig will be in instalments too and the fee for Portaloo.
They will hoping to sell Nisbet this summer as he’s their only sellable asset. 

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

He's in(the)communicado.

On his yacht.

Berthed beside Vlad's submarine.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

They only got £500k for him, was meant to get another £1m but that's been wavered.  Doig will make them a lot more money sadly. 

"The majority of the player trading profit of £2.1m was related to Martin Boyle’s transfer but Hibs have confirmed that just £500,000 of that total was received during the financial year."

Am I right in assuming that the full selling price was included in this set of published accounts, but their actual player trading profit was £1.1m...with that loss adjustment to be carried forward to the next set of accounts?

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

3 million they were due.

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Glass legs Nisbet.

23 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

No worries, though as I'm pretty sure that there's a sound network of Cash Generators in their neck of the woods. Ideal for flogging off 1-1 victory DVDs, commemorative jerseys, and lap-tops.

With a bit of creative thinking they might even be able to throw in a few of the multitude of, ahem, 'stars' they signed.

Or, they could start an account with WeBuyAnyDud.com and make that another epic 1st for their illustrious history.

Seriously, though; there really could be some sort of fire-sale pending.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Och, come OAN!!! £10M minimum for Rocky!!!

25 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Bet they wish they had one of these benefactors that they slag us off for all the time.

Nah, they'd never resort to being cheeturz.

Again, more seriously, that dot.nut extract as posted by @Sooksshows that there are H1b5 supporters who have some sense about them and the more thoughtful element of their support must be wondering if their previous owner has inadvertantly left them exposed to a potential admin scenario.

Methinks that they missed an opportunity to follow in our footsteps and set up some sort of arrangement that would've eventually seen them emulate our model.

If I remember correctly, HSL was up and running and it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that they would've been able to garner support from a larger ٪age of their fan-base plus additional input from Hib5-minded business people or rich fans (Irvine, Welsh, Proclaimers, Fish etc.).

I think that would've been possible with the correct vision and leadership.

It may have taken some time to come to fruition, but it now looks like they may very well be in a scenario whereby Gordon Jnr bails out.

After all, why on earth would Ron's offspring have any real affinity for a struggling Scottish football club?

What's more, Ron G's other (perhaps struggling) interests given current global financial problems, and with their own issues will more than likely take precedence.

We should thank our lucky stars how it has panned out for us given that we were genuinely on the brink of total disaster.

8 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

No wonder they are selling Season tickets already 

Yes. That now makes a lot of sense. It is surely an indicator that those at the helm knew what was just over the horizon.

6 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Again, more seriously, that dot.nut extract as posted by @Sooksshows that there are H1b5 supporters who have some sense about them and the more thoughtful element of their support must be wondering if their previous owner has inadvertantly left them exposed to a potential admin scenario.

Methinks that they missed an opportunity to follow in our footsteps and set up some sort of arrangement that would've eventually seen them emulate our model.

If I remember correctly, HSL was up and running and it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that they would've been able to garner support from a larger ٪age of their fan-base plus additional input from Hib5-minded business people or rich fans (Irvine, Welsh, Proclaimers, Fish etc.).

I think that would've been possible with the correct vision and leadership.

It may have taken some time to come to fruition, but it now looks like they may very well be in a scenario whereby Gordon Jnr bails out.

After all, why on earth would Ron's offspring have any real affinity for a struggling Scottish football club?

What's more, Ron G's other (perhaps struggling) interests given current global financial problems, and with their own issues will more than likely take precedence.

We should thank our lucky stars how it has panned out for us given that we were genuinely on the brink of total disaster.

The first thing Ron did when he took over was to dilute the value of the HSL shares and tell them that no more shares would be sold to them . He did not want them owning enough shares to offer a viable alternative to his ownership . He was lucky that there were enough stupid supporters like Paul Kane and that deceased drug dealer around to stop the attempt getting off the ground in the first place . The idiots sowed enough doubt with their ponzi scheme claims that it did not move as quickly as it needed to 

26 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I didn't realise at the time that Ron Gordon had been getting treatment for about a year, so I can't really imagine that he didn't leave his affairs in order and that there wasn't a plan in place for his businesses should the worst happen. That's not to say that his son, or whoever runs his businesses now, will stick to the plan.

Turnover                        Profit

Hearts:  14.6m           £3 m
Hibs:      11.9m          -£1.5 m

That's a significant difference and presumably the 2022-2023 figures will be even further apart given our European participation.

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

He's in some secret backroom of Hibs.net charging more gullible Dingles a tenner a pop for useless information trying to reassure them that everything is okay and Hearts are about to go under... 

Luckies1874
7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Turnover                        Profit

Hearts:  14.6m           £3 m
Hibs:      11.9m          -£1.5 m

That's a significant difference and presumably the 2022-2023 figures will be even further apart given our European participation.

Think our turnover is predicted to be over 20 million. We’ve also, without question, got considerably more player assets than for a number of years.  

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

McGeady ruled out for 6 months. Such a shame. 

That will be him done with football.  Shame.

Carl Fredrickson
2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

I am away to light a candle 

11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

That will be him done with football.  Shame.

6 months.....must be a hell of a hamstring tear

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

The boy Mueller was a real donkey. The wages were seemingly off the scale. You can well imagine that Boyle is highest player outside of the cheeks. 

No idea what the strategic aims are at Hibs. Presumably they're focused on player trading. Their recruitment is so far way too erratic for that to work. 

I'll be very surprised if there isn't an ownership change at Hibs inside the next 12 months. They've no chance of replicating FoH model. There are a number of reasons for that. Without being obtuse, they're the blue collar club in Edinburgh. 

Gorgie_Rules

Hibs are at a point where the fan ownership route makes total sense for them, however they don’t really have a catalyst for it that will galvanise the support in the same way FoH was initiated from administration for us.

It’s good to see them struggle financially in their current state and long may it continue. Hoping they avoid administration though as it could be the catalyst they need to start something, albeit they‘ll never get close the the numbers or commitment of the FoH.

1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

"The majority of the player trading profit of £2.1m was related to Martin Boyle’s transfer but Hibs have confirmed that just £500,000 of that total was received during the financial year."

Am I right in assuming that the full selling price was included in this set of published accounts, but their actual player trading profit was £1.1m...with that loss adjustment to be carried forward to the next set of accounts?

They took Boyle back. They wouldn't have made much on his sale.

25 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

2 weeks to get scan results 

Edited by Mikey1874

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Carter said:

The boy Mueller was a real donkey. The wages were seemingly off the scale. You can well imagine that Boyle is highest player outside of the cheeks. 

No idea what the strategic aims are at Hibs. Presumably they're focused on player trading. Their recruitment is so far way too erratic for that to work. 

I'll be very surprised if there isn't an ownership change at Hibs inside the next 12 months. They've no chance of replicating FoH model. There are a number of reasons for that. Without being obtuse, they're the blue collar club in Edinburgh. 

They were spending on potential to sell on, but they were shit at it. Tavares cost 6 figures, from the same B team that Aberdeen signed Duk from. They gave him the #10 jersey and in January they couldn't get rid because of his wages.

Noah Kenneth - planning to rebrand him as the best #6 in Scotland, then loaned him to Ross County a few months later cos he's actually pretty shit.

6 figures on Jamie Mac's laddie, who might be a prospect in a few years.

How about Bojang, possibly the worst player I've seen, or Rocky, who they signed by accident?

Car crash at the clown convention!

Edited by Smithee

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

2 weeks to get scan results 

His contact's up in may, so unlikely they'll renew if he's out til August/September

David McCaig
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Just checked, they signed Boyle 3 months after Mueller left

So they effectively sold and rebought Boyle for a loss once you factor in the transfer fee for Mueller, Muellet's wages and Boyle returning on a vastly inflated salary.

Naisys Tackle
23 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

6 months.....must be a hell of a hamstring tear

Age probably comes into recovery time too.

On 28/02/2023 at 14:11, Mister T said:

Second hand scud? Has Bobbies Books on Morrison Street reopened?

Brilliant memories of rushing in for a quick perv over the centerfold in the Parade before being shouted at to leave 👍

5 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Brilliant memories of rushing in for a quick perv over the centerfold in the Parade before being shouted at to leave 👍

Was that you ? 😁