HIbs are actually Falling Apart

Spookie

Hibs have an ability at this moment to play away games and not produce utterly shan performances. Beaten St Mirren and Livi recently on the road, big reason why the gap is so close.

We need to screw the ****ing nut and take 6 out of 6 at Rugby Park and Pittodrie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Sooks

• Pasquale for King

• RobNox

34 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

We have dropped the ball and let them back in the hunt big time.Just look at our fixtures 4 away from home in the next 6 I think it is.So yes he is right we are still favourites but anybody thinking it is over just needs to think back to that Motherwell shambles.

All the more reason to get the finger out away from home. We’ve clearly managed to make Tynie a “fortress” again and now rarely drop points against the so called teams we shouldn’t.  

Neilson can’t get too comfy with that and think it’s enough over the piece to get over the line in third. We need more onus and motivation to play better away.  

34 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Hibs have an ability at this moment to play away games and not produce utterly shan performances. Beaten St Mirren and Livi recently on the road, big reason why the gap is so close.

We need to screw the ****ing nut and take 6 out of 6 at Rugby Park and Pittodrie

4 out of 6 and we will be fine . 

Hibs aren’t beating Rangers and Celtic 

Hibs will be doing well if they get 6 points out of their next 5 matches. 

Rangers (H) 

Celtic (A) 

Motherwell (H)

United (A) 

Hearts (H)

They'll definitely not be getting the luxury of playing against 10 men in their next 2 games, and have more chance of finding themselves on the receiving end of that situation.  

They have quietly snuck up the table, but let's not pretend it's some sort of Footballing Renaissance going on down Lochend way. 

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Rangers (H) 

Celtic (A) 

Motherwell (H)

United (A) 

Hearts (H)

They'll definitely not be getting the luxury of playing against 10 men in their next 2 games, and have more chance of finding themselves on the receiving end of that situation.  

They have quietly snuck up the table, but let's not pretend it's some sort of Footballing Renaissance going on down Lochend way. 

Motherwell are on a run. Can see them getting a point. 

Think Hibs will get 4 points from those games. Draw against Motherwell and win against Utd 

Luckies1874

Rangers (H) 

Celtic (A) 

Motherwell (H)

United (A) 

Hearts (H)

The last time they played Rangers at Easter Road they played against 9 men and drew 2-2.

Luckies1874
13 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

All the more reason to get the finger out away from home. We’ve clearly managed to make Tynie a “fortress” again and now rarely drop points against the so called teams we shouldn’t.  

Neilson can’t get too comfy with that and think it’s enough over the piece to get over the line in third. We need more onus and motivation to play better away.  

The only reason they have made up a few points has been because of our abject away form. Since we beat Hibs on 2nd January we have beaten St Mirren (1-0), Aberdeen (5-0), Dundee Utd (3-1) and St Johnstone (3-0) at home but our away results have been, to be blunt, shite!  1-1 at St Mirren, 0-0 at Livingston and 0-2 at Motherwell is simply nowhere near good enough from the 3rd best squad in the country. And no excuse of European football, as was churned out pre World Cup I can be made. Ironically 2 of our 3 away wins this season (at Ross County and Motherwell) cane after Thursday night football so that nonsense can be put to bed! We've been garbage on the road since the game at Perth at Christmas and  unless we want things too get uncomfortable that has to change for the away matches at Aberdeen, Killie and HIbs as I don't give us a prayer tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

The only reason they have made up a few points has been because of our abject away form. Since we beat Hibs on 2nd January we have beaten St Mirren (1-0), Aberdeen (5-0), Dundee Utd (3-1) and St Johnstone (3-0) at home but our away results have been, to be blunt, shite!  1-1 at St Mirren, 0-0 at Livingston and 0-2 at Motherwell is simply nowhere near good enough from the 3rd best squad in the country. And no excuse of European football, as was churned out pre World Cup I can be made. Ironically 2 of our 3 away wins this season (at Ross County and Motherwell) cane after Thursday night football so that nonsense can be put to bed! We've been garbage on the road since the game at Perth at Christmas and  unless we want things too get uncomfortable that has to change for the away matches at Aberdeen, Killie and HIbs as I don't give us a prayer tomorrow.

We have always been shite away from home.  Last season wasn’t particularly great. 

Luckies1874
Just now, GBJambo said:

We have always been shite away from home.  Last season wasn’t particularly great. 

Generally yes but that doesn't mean we should just shut up about it and accept it. It's certainly something that needs improved on and frankly we have rarely been in as strong a position to make those improvements. It is the obvious next step to make some kind of points inroad above us and indeed to extend the gap below. It is a very achievable objective as there is no way there should be the difference to the extent there is between our home and away for/results.

14 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

The last time they played Rangers at Easter Road they played against 9 men and drew 2-2.

They were 2-1 down when it was 11 men, Rangers getting a red in the 66th and 75th minute, before a last minute equaliser against 9 men. 

My money is on them getting a 3 goal pumping. 

2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Any Hearts fan who is underestimating the chasing the pack need to have a reality check. 

Nobody will catch us. That IS reality. 

13 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

For as long as I care to remember however I still maintain we have no right to expect to turn up anywhere and take the 3 points, if the horrible lot can get beat in Paisley them so can anyone, as for Livingston, it's not just Hearts that have struggled there over the course. 

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I sincerely hope your bang on with that but I personally will be keeping one eye open. 😉 

Luckies1874
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

They were 2-1 down when it was 11 men, Rangers getting a red in the 66th and 75th minute, before a last minute equaliser against 9 men. 

My money is on them getting a 3 goal pumping. 

Not really the point you were making though but ok.

3 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Any Hearts fan who is underestimating the chasing the pack need to have a reality check. 

That's exactly it though, they are chasing us.  As long as we keep picking up points and winning matches, it doesn't really matter. 

Hibs are 5 behind us, Aberdeen 7 behind us, and St Mirren 8 behind us. 

Both ourselves and Hibs have a game tomorrow against the Uglies, which all optimism aside, likely means nothing changes for either of us.

Aberdeen's next game is against us, and St Mirren play a United side who "could" turn it around and actually start playing football; it's hard to tell if they're actually as awful as they make themselves out to be. 

We should start worrying about our own results, and not others. 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Not really the point you were making though but ok.

And what point was I making? 

Hibs have had their luck when it comes to Old Firm red cards this season.  It won't happen again, or more likely it won't be allowed to happen again. 

I highly doubt that Rangers or Celtic will see more than a token couple of bookings. 

I agree that our away form must improve but I think we still might have the best away points tally outside the Old Firm when you take into account games played. 

Definitely room for improvement though as we should be aiming for better than comparable to our rivals now but just a bit of context. 

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

For as long as I care to remember however I still maintain we have no right to expect to turn up anywhere and take the 3 points, if the horrible lot can get beat in Paisley them so can anyone, as for Livingston, it's not just Hearts that have struggled there over the course. 

certainly don't expect us to just have to turn up. I do expect us to win more than 3 away matches out of 13 given our budget and resources compared to some of our competitors. Hopefully we get our act together over the next couple of months. Not great examples you've given a few days after Livingston lost 4-1 at home to Hibs and St Mirren lost 5-1 at home to Celtic, though I get your general point! 

Luckies1874
Just now, tian447 said:

And what point was I making? 

Hibs have had their luck when it comes to Old Firm red cards this season.  It won't happen again, or more likely it won't be allowed to happen again. 

I highly doubt that Rangers or Celtic will see more than a token couple of bookings. 

You said "They'll definitely not be getting the luxury of playing against 10 men in their next 2 games, and have more chance of finding themselves on the receiving end of that situation".

When in their last home game against Rangers they played against 9 men!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

certainly don't expect us to just have to turn up. I do expect us to win more than 3 away matches out of 13 given our budget and resources compared to some of our competitors. Hopefully we get our act together over the next couple of months. Not great examples you've given a few days after Livingston lost 4-1 at home to Hibs and St Mirren lost 5-1 at home to Celtic, though I get your general point! 

3 wins in 13? Christ that's grim. Need to convert some of those draws into 3 points. 

How does that compare to last season? Do you know? 

GorgieFifeLife
12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Don’t delude yourself, we are certainly catchable.

Getintaethem

Hibs have 11 games left this season, 6 of those are against the OF and us (if they finish top 6). They are not catching us.  

A win for us at pittodrie or rugby park will put it to bed.

9 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That's exactly it though, they are chasing us.  As long as we keep picking up points and winning matches, it doesn't really matter. 

Hibs are 5 behind us, Aberdeen 7 behind us, and St Mirren 8 behind us. 

Both ourselves and Hibs have a game tomorrow against the Uglies, which all optimism aside, likely means nothing changes for either of us.

Aberdeen's next game is against us, and St Mirren play a United side who "could" turn it around and actually start playing football; it's hard to tell if they're actually as awful as they make themselves out to be. 

We should start worrying about our own results, and not others

Raise the confidence levels within our own, stop questioning the management and keep one eye on the chasing pack. 

5 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

You said "They'll definitely not be getting the luxury of playing against 10 men in their next 2 games, and have more chance of finding themselves on the receiving end of that situation".

When in their last home game against Rangers they played against 9 men!!!!!!!!!

Next games - no chance. 

Previous game - mutually exclusive to what I was saying. 

Never mind the refereeing conspiracy, the Rangers players will get their arses felt by their club if they go and get another red card at Easter Road. 

Celtic will barely have to make a tackle at home against Hibs, and will stroll it by 3 or 4 goals. 

So yes, they definitely won't be getting the luxury of playing 10 (or 9) men in their next 2 games. 

11 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I agree that our away form must improve but I think we still might have the best away points tally outside the Old Firm when you take into account games played. 

Definitely room for improvement though as we should be aiming for better than comparable to our rivals now but just a bit of context. 

As of Saturday it was Stjohnstone.

Luckies1874
9 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

3 wins in 13? Christ that's grim. Need to convert some of those draws into 3 points. 

How does that compare to last season? Do you know? 

Last season we had 6 wins, 6 draws and 7 defeats away from home. 

Given our remaining 6 away games are Celtic, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Hibs, Rangers and as things stand St Mirren it's not looking great for even matching that mediocre return.

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

As of Saturday it was Stjohnstone.

Yeah but they've played 15 away to our 13 I think? Although yeah might still be more points per game than us. 

Bottom line overall is our away form isn't good enough and rarely has been in my life watching Hearts. When there's talk about closing gaps to Rangers and Celtic, that's our beginning right there. Less stupid dropped points on the road. 

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Last season we had 6 wins, 6 draws and 7 defeats away from home. 

Given our remaining 6 away games are Celtic, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Hibs, Rangers and as things stand St Mirren it's not looking great for even matching that mediocre return.

Cheers. 

It really is bizarre to have such a poor away record in a league with very few long travel away days and very few other stadiums that even fill up with home fans. 

Luckies1874
21 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Nah, only just in the top 6 for away points. Not very good at all. The goals scored is dismal too, only 14 in 13 games. 

Celtic 37 

Rangers 29

St Johnstone 19

Motherwell 18

Hibs 16 

Hearts 14 

Livingston 14

Aberdeen 10

Ross County 9

St Mirren 9

Dundee Utd 7

Kilmarnock 2

There are slight anomalies in games played. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Kilmarnock with 2 away points all season

:vrface:

22 points at home on that heap of shite pitch they have.  It's not a game changer or any sort of advantage to them though.

Plastic pitches need banned in the Premiership. 

Luckies1874
19 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Hibs have 11 games left this season, 6 of those are against the OF and us (if they finish top 6). They are not catching us.  

Those two fixtures could certainly make things wayyyyyyy more straightforward for us. As I said in another thread the other day we may not need all that much away from home if we continue to do what we have at Tynecastle so wins in either of those and/or Easter Road could make us very difficult to catch. 

Say we win against St Mirren, Ross County, Aberdeen and Hibs at Tynecastle then we have a minimum 57 pts (and likely a decent goal difference). Hibs would need 18pts from their other 10 games which include 4 v the Old Firm and another derby. Aberdeen would need 20pts from just 9 games (3 v the Old Firm) if we beat them at Tynie. Neither of these scenarios are at all likely to happen so despite us all wanting some points on the road winning those 4 home matches could basically see 3rd secured. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Luckies1874

22 points at home on that heap of shite pitch they have.  It's not a game changer or any sort of advantage to them though.

Kind of forgotten about now and we did have other priorities at the time but the 0-1 to them at Tynecastle in the League Cup may be the poorest result this season!!! 

Fully expect that we’ll get thumped at darkheid but the hobos might get something against a fairly inconsistent (in terms of performance) rangers. So, for me 3rd place is far from a given. 

Japan Jambo
On 03/03/2023 at 15:09, ShedBoy said:

So basically they’re relying on Nisbet and Youan?

Two well timed ‘reducers’ will sort them out.

Delightful

Thought Youan was on loan?

17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

That Killie one looks like something that they got from a B&Q garden centre January sale.

51 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Generally yes but that doesn't mean we should just shut up about it and accept it. It's certainly something that needs improved on and frankly we have rarely been in as strong a position to make those improvements. It is the obvious next step to make some kind of points inroad above us and indeed to extend the gap below. It is a very achievable objective as there is no way there should be the difference to the extent there is between our home and away for/results.

I don’t know how you interpret what’s poor or good for Hearts away, but I’d say generally 7,8 wins on the road (when you also consider a few draws and expected defeats at certain venues) is probably reasonable.

Our better sides have breached into double figures but is rare. It takes a really good Hearts team to achieve that.  It’s not to say we accept poor form away from Tynie. We should always strive to improve on all fronts. 

Currently we only have 3 wins from 13 matches.  Doesn’t look good really but there’s time to add to those.  It’s always good to follow up a routine home win with something on the road.

That’s when draws aren’t a bad thing but we do need to win more and have that desire to.  

Thunder and Lightning

It really does highlight how much our poor form away from home costs us. 

We need to sort it out. Stop sitting back and playing into a game. 

We need to actually put in a shift away from home. 

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I don’t know how you interpret what’s poor or good for Hearts away, but I’d say generally 7,8 wins on the road (when you also consider a few draws and expected defeats at certain venues) is probably reasonable.

Our better sides have breached into double figures but is rare. It takes a really good Hearts team to achieve that.  It’s not to say we accept poor form away from Tynie. We should always strive to improve on all fronts. 

Currently we only have 3 wins from 13 matches.  Doesn’t look good really but there’s time to add to those.  It’s always good to follow up a routine home win with something on the road.

That’s when draws aren’t a bad thing but we do need to win more and have that desire to.  

Some fair points. It's interesting how much we had to listen to how difficult Thursday - Sunday football is constantly yet 2 of the 3 wins came after Thursday night games!  If we win 3 of the 6 remaining games to match last seasons total I'll be both amazed and delighted and it will see us comfortably 3rd.

4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Some fair points. It's interesting how much we had to listen to how difficult Thursday - Sunday football is constantly yet 2 of the 3 wins came after Thursday night games!  If we win 3 of the 6 remaining games to match last seasons total I'll be both amazed and delighted and it will see us comfortably 3rd.

Just out of interest I had a look at our historical away league record. Just some selected seasons, more so when we finished top 2,3:-

2016-  W 7. D. 6. L. 6

11:-  9. 4. 6

09:-  5. 6. 8

07:-  8. 6. 5

06 :- 7. 6. 6

1992:- 15. 2. 5

90:- 8. 6. 4

88 :- 10. 8. 4

86 :- 7. 5. 6. 

🙂

Sinbad the Sailor

Relax. As long as we keep winning at home and don't lose to Aberdeen and Hibs we'll get there.

Luckies1874
9 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Just out of interest I had a look at our historical away league record. Just some selected seasons, more so when we finished top 2,3:-

2016-  W 7. D. 6. L. 6

11:-  9. 4. 6

09:-  5. 6. 8

07:-  8. 6. 5

06 :- 7. 6. 6

1992:- 15. 2. 5

90:- 8. 6. 4

88 :- 10. 8. 4

86 :- 7. 5. 6. 

🙂

Yep it's interesting to see how mediocre we are even in plenty of the 'good' seasons.

The way this season is going however we might have one of our very best home records, possibly with exception of games against big 2, and one of our poorest away records. Currently we have a brilliant 31pts out of 33 against non Old Firm sides at Tynecastle but just 14pts from 39 away.

Batistuta87
46 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

/\ This puts it into perspective. They won't catch us.

We have Celtic (A), Aberdeen (A), Killie (A), St Mirren (H), Hibs (A), Ross County (H) before the split and they have Rangers (H), Celtic (A), Motherwell (H), Dundee Utd (A), Us (A), St Johstone (A). Win all our home games and it's over.

And actually, Livi and St Mirren beneath them have a good chance of picking up some points from their remaining games before the split, so I reckon Hibs will actually drop out of the top six and it'll be Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Livi, Aberdeen, St Mirren.

hmfc_liam06
14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

/\ This puts it into perspective. They won't catch us.

We have Celtic (A), Aberdeen (A), Killie (A), St Mirren (H), Hibs (A), Ross County (H) before the split and they have Rangers (H), Celtic (A), Motherwell (H), Dundee Utd (A), Us (A), St Johstone (A). Win all our home games and it's over.

And actually, Livi and St Mirren beneath them have a good chance of picking up some points from their remaining games before the split, so I reckon Hibs will actually drop out of the top six and it'll be Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Livi, Aberdeen, St Mirren.

And if they sneak a result tonight while we lose and the gap goes to 2? Reality is it could go either way. 

I'll feel a lot better if they take 0 and we take 3 from the next 2 games.

Batistuta87
23 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

And if they sneak a result tonight while we lose and the gap goes to 2? Reality is it could go either way. 

I'll feel a lot better if they take 0 and we take 3 from the next 2 games.

Can't see them sneaking any kind of result against Rangers like. Don't think we'll get one against Celtic either, so comes down to the other games for me. 

Will definitely feel a lot better in your scenario haha. 

The fact is that unlike us Hibs up their game against Rangers. It would not surprise me in the least if they win tomorrow! 

Thunder and Lightning

Why do we continue with the 'against non old firm' stuff? 

We play them. As do other teams. We fail to dent them mostly. Others get the odd win, for us it seems very rare. 

Yes we need to do better against the rest but we need to stop writing off games against the arse cheeks. 

Luckies1874
4 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Others get the odd win, for us it seems very rare. 

They've lost one game each against the other teams THIS SEASON!  Celtic at St Mirren and Rangers at St Johnstone.

4 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Why do we continue with the 'against non old firm' stuff? 

We play them. As do other teams. We fail to dent them mostly. Others get the odd win, for us it seems very rare. 

Yes we need to do better against the rest but we need to stop writing off games against the arse cheeks. 

Sorry I’ve written off our game against Celtic based on hard football facts.

I would love to be wrong!

20 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The fact is that unlike us Hibs up their game against Rangers. It would not surprise me in the least if they win tomorrow! 

Hibs having a go tomorrow night will play right into Rangers hands. Could see Rangers easily scoring 3 or 4.