• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Sooks

• Pasquale for King

• RobNox

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

He has said he wants to stay in Scotland.

He has either genuinely walked away from quadrupling his wages at least to stay at Hibs. Or Rangers have bid for him.

Of course the obvious thing to do if you wanted to stay in Scotland would be to get your agent to line up a move to another country and then call it off. 

My money is on him having done the medical and failed it when they discovered he doesn’t have any bollocks.

If he wants to stay in Scotland only 2 teams could afford him. Celtic don't need him. If I was a betting man I'd say he's possibly off to Rangers

1 hour ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Our main problem is trying to write songs quickly enough for outstanding new players; Hibs seem to have a problem keeping any. While mulling this over I suddenly thought - have we stepped in with an offer for Nisbet?

I have a cracking new song for Robbie. It's a total ear-worm and very, very easy to learn.

An 8-bar, 4/4 march. Perfect for The Gorgie that can be repeated ad-infinitum with numerous possible lyrical changes.

Unfortunately, I'm not au-fait with posting youtube clips otherwise I'd just do a wee home vid, but could resort to writing it out as sheet music. It's way easier to learn 'by ear', though.

Is it @Ski Nae who has such technological skills?

Anyhoo, there is no chance whatsoever that we've stuck in a bid for Nesbit. Why on earth would we want a derby failure diluting our squad? Not to mention his possible injury issue.

Nah, this latest twist is nothing more than (yet) another example of the utter turmoil surrounding H1b5.

Chances are that the lad was scuppered during his medical.

58 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

To be fair O'connor was in Birmingham then Moscow.

He ****ed up spectacularly but he did give it a go.

Perhaps H1b5 might consider re-signing him?

He'd be a big, very big, addition to their squad ... just like their possible new manager and their current incumbent.

Screenshot_20230127_180529_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_180453_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_180459_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_180510_Gallery.jpg

Craig Herbertson
18 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I have a cracking new song for Robbie. It's a total ear-worm and very, very easy to learn.

An 8-bar, 4/4 march. Perfect for The Gorgie that can be repeated ad-infinitum with numerous possible lyrical changes.

Unfortunately, I'm not au-fait with posting youtube clips otherwise I'd just do a wee home vid, but could resort to writing it out as sheet music. It's way easier to learn 'by ear', though.

Is it @Ski Nae who has such technological skills?

Anyhoo, there is no chance whatsoever that we've stuck in a bid for Nesbit. Why on earth would we want a derby failure diluting our squad? Not to mention his possible injury issue.

Nah, this latest twist is nothing more than (yet) another example of the utter turmoil surrounding H1b5.

Chances are that the lad was scuppered during his medical.

I was being facetious bout Nisbet but looking back on the post it didn't work.

colinmorewasgash
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

For what its worth.......Hootsmon WEB site.......

"The Scotland internationalist was due to undergo a medical with the Lions, but the player’s preference is to remain in Scotland."

🤒

Wouldn't it be funny if he gets heroes welcome plays v sheep then gets crocked again and out for months lol. 

😄

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He’s a shitebag basically. It’s in his DNA, his lack of big game mentality. Scared of a challenge. 

Normally I'd agree but Millwall is a shite move apart from the money.

It's good to see players from the top flight in Scotland turning down moves to shite English teams that think the are Billy big bawz because sky money has given them a licence to spend what they can't afford. 

Hibs and ourselves are a bigger clubs than Millwall, despite the fact that they can spend £2m on a player.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Probably decided to just run down his contract 

18 months is a long run down.

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

For what its worth.......Hootsmon WEB site.......

"The Scotland internationalist was due to undergo a medical with the Lions, but the player’s preference is to remain in Scotland."

🤒

I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that Nisbet had the medical and Millwall had concerns, sufficient to back out from a deal that’s quite big for a club of their size.

”Failed” medicals are a sensitive subject for all concerned. I recall a few decades ago, John Brown was set to join us from Dundee until a medical raised doubts. In the end, it worked out for him with a move from Dundee to Ibrox a year later and a lengthy period there in a successful squad. But he seemed to bear a grudge against Hearts for years after on the subject. He never quite got the point that the fee would have been a major signing for us, much less so for Rangers who were buying him to strengthen the squad and could afford to take a bigger risk. 

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's good to see players from the top flight in Scotland turning down moves to shite English teams that think the are Billy big bawz because sky money has given them a licence to spend what they can't afford. 

Hibs and ourselves are a bigger clubs than Millwall, despite the fact that they can spend £2m on a player.

About the same size is more like it.  I don't know about their turnover but The Den has a 20,000 capacity and an average gate of 13,000.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

About the same size is more like it.  I don't know about their turnover but The Den has a 20,000 capacity and an average gate of 13,000.

Same size as us and Hibs?

Millwall have never won a major trophy and spent almost their entire history bouncing about the lower divisions.

They've played in European competition-once.

Apart from the wages boosted by the sky money and  inflating their status it's a shite move.

Same could be said of another 40 odd English clubs tho.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I wouldn’t rule out the possibility that Nisbet had the medical and Millwall had concerns, sufficient to back out from a deal that’s quite big for a club of their size.

Probably the most likely scenario.  It occurred to me on Monday that Millwall might be taking on too much of a risk with that kind of money for Nisbet so soon after he returned from a serious long term injury.  May have written a clause into his contract that he had to play a certain number of games or something similar by the end of the season which put his agent/advisors right off the deal. 

The "prefer to stay in Scotland" comments indicate that too since he's already registered with the SFA but not with other football bodies who could decline his registration if there is evidence of medical problems.

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Millwall are 7th in the championship.

Living in London, albeit playing in Millwall.

Benik Adobe has just been released to allow him a move to another club. They were signing him to play. They aren’t in a rebuilding phase as a club - they wanted him in to score goals. 

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Millwall have never won a major trophy and spent almost their entire history bouncing about the lower divisions.

Apart from the wages boosted by the sky money and  inflating their status it's a shite move.

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You could have said the same for Brentford until a couple of years ago.  😉

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

I still say it now.

Shite club propped up in stature by sky money.

Their  peak will be a top 8/10 finish before they get relegated and fight with the other financially doped up clubs for promotion just so they can fight for survival before repeating the cycle again.

Being  doped up with sky TV money doesn't make you a big club.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Millwall are 7th in the championship.

Living in London, albeit playing in Millwall.

Benik Adobe has just been released to allow him a move to another club. They were signing him to play. They aren’t in a rebuilding phase as a club - they wanted him in to score goals. 

Good stuff  and Who the **** wants to live in London?

Folk can't move out the place fast enough.

Still good to see top flight players in Scotland knock back these shitey no mark English clubs.

Even if it is just to join the OF.

SectionDJambo
31 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

”Failed” medicals are a sensitive subject for all concerned. I recall a few decades ago, John Brown was set to join us from Dundee until a medical raised doubts. In the end, it worked out for him with a move from Dundee to Ibrox a year later and a lengthy period there in a successful squad. But he seemed to bear a grudge against Hearts for years after on the subject. He never quite got the point that the fee would have been a major signing for us, much less so for Rangers who were buying him to strengthen the squad and could afford to take a bigger risk. 

I would suggest that he didn't seem to bear a grudge against us, he most certainly did hold that grudge. He publicly revelled in it when he scored against us. 

As you say, the risk to Hearts of spending around £450k on a player with a possible knee problem was huge. Not so much for Rangers with their newly acquired millions.

Brown used to exclaim his dislike of Wallace Mercer for cancelling the transfer from Dundee, but the story, at the time, went that it was actually Pilmar Smith who persuaded Wallace that it was too big a risk for us. 

To be fair, it was too big a risk for us.

Edited by SectionDJambo

32 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

To be fair Bomber "let the big man speak" Brown is a total rangers ****. I saw him a few years back strutting up argyle Street giving it the big "yes it's me". File him with Peter Grant.

Edited by Mister T

Toxteth O'Grady
39 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

18 months is a long run down.

More like a failed medical but an agreement not to reveal it 

29 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Still good to see top flight players in Scotland knock back these shitey no mark English clubs.

You have to be pulling my chain? 

One of the best cities on earth Baz.

Have a word with yourself 🤣

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Henroddy said:

If he wants to stay in Scotland only 2 teams could afford him. Celtic don't need him. If I was a betting man I'd say he's possibly off to Rangers

I think that’s just the reporters poor choice of words. 

716943A0-046A-4893-94C3-3C46FEFD4003.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Are you serious ? Let me think hmm London of Glasgow ,Edinburgh , Aberdeen oh the bright lights of Dungdee 🤣

Shitey no mark English clubs like Millwall who if they keep going as they are are on for a possible play off and EPL spot ? As a footballer yes please or wait would I really miss not playing at Dundee, Dingwall, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Oh Oh Livingston....... 🤣

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Wow! Just wow!

Words fail me.

As someone has commented he is like chemical Ali in the last days of the Saddam regime 🤣

2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

As someone has commented he is like chemical Ali in the last days of the Saddam regime 🤣

He really needs his very own gif ...

Screenshot_20230127_202436_Gallery.jpg

AllyjamboDerbyshire
11 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Wow! Just wow!

Words fail me.

Words fail Wee Lee, too, it seems. There's plenty of them but they pretty much fail to impress. I wonder when this was videod as he makes no mention of Nisbet's non-transfer, he either didn't know at the time or wanted/was instructed to avoid the subject.

Nice narratives don't win you matches. Might have a punt on the sheep, can only imagine it's the players that have convinced Cormack.

15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

just wow.  Words fail me.

they are skint make no mistake

The "big space" that he talks about is clearly in their accounts.

brunoatemyhamster
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sky money not there for about 75 percent of that league. The Sky deal is as bad as ours.

Unless youre a freshly relegated premiership parachute payment team,or still receiving  that payment there's not many teams in that league we couldn't compete with.

Id love to know where Blackpool and Millwall get the money.

Unless I've read it wrong,Blackpools turnover is a good bit less than Dundee United!

The English believe their own hype.

Were bigger than Millwall,and miles bigger than Blackpool.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

A_A wehatethehibs
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It’s a much bigger country tho with loads more bigger clubs whereas we play away at the likes of Ross County etc that would be considered a non league standard of stadium in a big country. 

Millwall would have been a brilliant move for him. Big club on the edge of the play offs, multi cultural city living, at the centre of most good things happening in the UK. . He probably shat it when he saw a proper football club with brilliant fans and a professional medical set up that would have found him out as soon as he walked through the door. Street food from around the globe or Nandos. He chose Nandos. 

13 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

not sure the technical term,  but he just talks meaningless shite.

basically saying it’s going to be the youths from now on , and maybe one loan signing 🤣🤣🤣

roll on their accounts 👍 and papping them out the cup is another nail in their piggy bank coffin. 

15 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

not sure the technical term,  but he just talks meaningless shite.

He should be a politician.

Lots of words and none of them mean or say sweet F A 

1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Nice of the tinpot club to do their audio level checks live whilst recording. Editing is clearly beyond their VR gimp. 

Cameronstheman

LJ seems to love the attention and doesnt care a jot of making a fool of himself..He's well suited at hibs, an absolute rocket of a man    

6 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

LJ seems to love the attention and doesnt care a jot of making a fool of himself..He's well suited at hibs, an absolute rocket of a man    

Job for life. 

48 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Sky money not there for about 75 percent of that league. The Sky deal is as bad as ours.

Unless youre a freshly relegated premiership parachute payment team,or still receiving  that payment there's not many teams in that league we couldn't compete with.

Id love to know where Blackpool and Millwall get the money.

Unless I've read it wrong,Blackpools turnover is a good bit less than Dundee United!

The English believe their own hype.

Were bigger than Millwall,and miles bigger than Blackpool.

Millwall's 2022 accounts show a £21m wage bill, also includes a £126m loss. Mental!

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Nice of the tinpot club to do their audio level checks live whilst recording. Editing is clearly beyond their VR gimp. 

`The project`  😂😂😂

Emanuel Johnson - never kicked a ball for them but got 3.5 year deal 

Tavares - Looks like he will never play again 4 year deal 

There are others as well they have signed in the last year that have never played.Something very weird going on there.