• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Sooks

• Pasquale for King

• RobNox

37 minutes ago, Carter said:

The boy Mueller was a real donkey. The wages were seemingly off the scale. You can well imagine that Boyle is highest player outside of the cheeks. 

No idea what the strategic aims are at Hibs. Presumably they're focused on player trading. Their recruitment is so far way too erratic for that to work. 

I'll be very surprised if there isn't an ownership change at Hibs inside the next 12 months. They've no chance of replicating FoH model. There are a number of reasons for that. Without being obtuse, they're the blue collar club in Edinburgh. 

I think we have a large blue collar following too along with of course our white collar fans 

So basically they’re relying on Nisbet and Youan?

Two well timed ‘reducers’ will sort them out.

Delightful

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Delightful

Both are decent players tbf.  They have that Ukrainian on loan from the City group too but goodness knows what happened to him.

30 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I think we have a large blue collar following too along with of course our white collar fans 

Of course. Not looking to be controversial or inflammatory. Probably just a matter of fact. They couldn't have done what our support has done. 

18 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Both are decent players tbf.  They have that Ukrainian on loan from the City group too but goodness knows what happened to him.

I'm pretty sure that he's crocked.

3 minutes ago, postage-stamp said:

Derby still at 3 o clock on Saturday?

Thus far, yes.

It remains to be seen if some rotten TV thing kicks in.

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

He's in some secret backroom of Hibs.net charging more gullible Dingles a tenner a pop for useless information trying to reassure them that everything is okay and Hearts are about to go under... 

He is still around under a new name - Filipino.   or something like that

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I do like the Youan lad I have to say. But he wouldn’t last two minutes in a game of knuckles. He disappears when games get tasty

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

They were spending on potential to sell on, but they were shit at it. Tavares cost 6 figures, from the same B team that Aberdeen signed Duk from. They gave him the #10 jersey and in January they couldn't get rid because of his wages.

Noah Kenneth - planning to rebrand him as the best #6 in Scotland, then loaned him to Ross County a few months later cos he's actually pretty shit.

6 figures on Jamie Mac's laddie, who might be a prospect in a few years.

How about Bojang, possibly the worst player I've seen, or Rocky, who they signed by accident?

Car crash at the clown convention!

Kenneh seems to be doing well up at RC as more of an attacking midfielder, looked like he didn’t have a clue how to be a 6. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Will they have any poppy tins ?

No just the end product of them. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Brilliant memories of rushing in for a quick perv over the centerfold in the Parade before being shouted at to leave 👍

Mum whys that got a brown paper bag over it, shut up read your spiderman comic 😆?!?!

19 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Will they have any poppy tins ?

They've had those for decades.

Opium Poppy Tins and always full.

3 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Delightful

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

The Ukrainian lad Kuharevich is back now after injury. 

4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

That will be him done with football.

We knew that as soon as he signed for Hibs :lol:

4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

That will be him done with football.

Edit - so good, I said it twice. 

Edited by tian447

47 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I detest mcgeady.  But he has been important in their recent revival.  

Not sure he has been. He has offered no end product when I've seen him. His final ball has invariably been shocking. 

Batistuta87
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

2 weeks to get scan results 

That'll be the last we'll see of him then 👍🏻

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Not sure he has been. He has offered no end product when I've seen him. His final ball has invariably been shocking. 

we must have been watching different mins of different games 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, db211833 said:

Screenshot_20230303_214029_Chrome.thumb.jpg.780a54bf4c92b51d14d5d115384a100e.jpg

Jabbing away, it's the Leith way!

Unbelievable, whole place is a needle swap safe space 🤦🏽.

Sold Boyle for £3m, but only actually recvd 500k, before bringing him back.

🤣🤣🤣

John Findlay
5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Like Hibs Shankland has 1 in 4.

As in of his four goals against Hibs so far this season. Only 1 has been a penalty.

David McCaig
18 minutes ago, chubby1973 said:

Sold Boyle for £3m, but only actually recvd 500k, before bringing him back.

🤣🤣🤣

And spent the £500k on Mueller before bringing Boyle back on vastly inflated wages!!

32 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Like Hibs Shankland has 1 in 4.

As in of his four goals against Hibs so far this season. Only 1 has been a penalty.

🤣😁😆

12 hours ago, db211833 said:

Screenshot_20230303_214029_Chrome.thumb.jpg.780a54bf4c92b51d14d5d115384a100e.jpg

Jabbing away, it's the Leith way!

Had an injection and he's out ...they injecting them with skag? 

heartsfc_fan
10 hours ago, postage-stamp said:

Please scrape the top 6 Hibs.  🍾

Nah. Want them to finish as low as possible.

postage-stamp
6 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Nah. Want them to finish as low as possible.

No .we want them at tynecastle easy 3 points and a rush similar to cocaine in my brain 

3 hours ago, Bozi said:

Had an injection and he's out ...they injecting them with skag? 

That's their holistic approach. He'll be fine after a course of re-hab.

3 hours ago, postage-stamp said:

No .we want them at tynecastle easy 3 points and a rush similar to cocaine in my brain 

Nope. Bottom 6 and the wheels will detatch.

Some run since we pumped them but I make that 10 league games they’ve seen an opponent go down to 10 men plus the Shankland one in the cup. Has be some sort of record. Incredible.

We’ve only had it twice and 1 of them was in the 94th minute so really doesn’t count. 

Edited by DS98

Batistuta87

Lee in the papers today: 

Lee Johnson not dismissing prospect of Hibs finishing third but insists Hearts remain favourites

Hibs manager Lee Johnson believes finishing third is possible for the Easter Road side – but insists getting a result against Rangers on Wednesday night is the main focus.

A run of seven games without defeat has propelled the Capital club to fourth in the cinch Premiership table, five points behind city rivals Hearts, but Hibs face stern tests in hosting Rangers before travelling to Celtic in their next two matches.

Johnson believes the primary aim has to be sealing a place in the top six when the league splits, but didn’t dismiss the prospect of Hibs managing a best-of-the-rest finish.

“I think it’s possible,” he said, as he previewed the visit of the Light Blues. “Obviously we are not favourites for it, because Hearts are five points ahead of us but we have got to be thinking about the fact we have got them to play again and we have then got the opportunity to nail down a top-six spot and play them again. So that becomes absolutely key.”

Hibs have played Hearts twice in the league so far this season, drawing one and losing at Tynecastle at New Year. The teams meet again before the split but Johnson is hopeful of adding another derby in the final five games of the campaign.

“We’re going to have to beat them and probably we are going to have to go undefeated against them if we do add the extra game post-split, but we are not looking that far ahead at the moment. We are literally just looking at, can we do everything we can to beat Rangers, and then we take the next obstacle which is Celtic and we go from there.”

Johnson believes it would put down a marker if Hibs can get a win on Wednesday.

“It would be a statement win if we got the victory,” he agreed. “We have to aim to get closer to the Old Firm. Celtic are way out ahead, then there’s Rangers, and then there are clubs like ourselves. Performances and consistency are key and I feel we are on a steady trajectory. If we can bridge that gap in a one-off game that shows it can be done. We have a lot to do and individuals have to perform but it is looking good.”

4 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Lee (Walter Mitty) Johnson, the Slavers Slaver.😒

Is he slavering though? Only 5 points behind. Despite the results against them in January I wouldn’t say we dominated against them. Clinical finishing got us the wins.

I still expect us to get third but they’re not as bad as some on here make out.  

Edited by scottg71

3 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Is he slavering though? Only 5 points behind. Despite the results against them in January I wouldn’t say we dominated against them. Clinical finishing got us the wins.

As you say Scott, only 5 points, but, it’s all about consistency, the old firm sometimes win ugly and with the skin of their teeth but at the end of the season no one remembers that, it’s the consistency, and the hibs won’t have that, they don’t have the resources. 
          As an aside, I really hope they over stretch themselves trying to compete with Hearts and their outstanding fans.:smuggy:

2 hours ago, scottg71 said:

We have dropped the ball and let them back in the hunt big time.Just look at our fixtures 4 away from home in the next 6 I think it is.So yes he is right we are still favourites but anybody thinking it is over just needs to think back to that Motherwell shambles.