Toby Sibbick ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Morgan01 said:

The manager should never have brought him on when we were only 1 up. (In that position)

He`s not a DM imo, he`s just not a good football player.

My opinion was after the mistake at Hampden, he was skating on thin ice, nothing since then has changed my opinion.  

Well, I already wrote that, ideally, he shouldn't be brought on in that situation

It was almost a carbon copy of county's goal

Someone takes the hibby out, then there's 1 free kick to defend; 1, then we win!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• RustyRightPeg

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

3 minutes ago, Lido said:

Tend to agree. Halkett had a great game today, bossed that Youan.........until he let him get that cross in. So frustrating. 

It was either that or bring him down.

Keep defending him mate, the bottom line is he isn`t good enough. As fans we slaughter players & its only an opinion.

Mines is he isn`t & never will be good enough.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Morgan01 said:

Keep defending him mate, the bottom line is he isn`t good enough. As fans we slaughter players & its only an opinion.

Mines is he isn`t & never will be good enough.

You can have your opinion; I'm out

AlphonseCapone
30 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

You think sibbick gets stick because of his skin colour? Why doesn't beni? 

I've seen both Sibbick and Atkinson getting stick today, tbh I agree with a lot of it.

Folk looking for racism when it's not there detracts from the real stuff.

Pathetic and cowardly accusation isn't it. 

8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Well, I already wrote that, ideally, he shouldn't be brought on in that situation

It was almost a carbon copy of county's goal

Someone takes the hibby out, then there's 1 free kick to defend; 1, then we win!

Thanks for your input, obv we disagree, but hey we all want the best at the end.🙂

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Morgan01 said:

Thanks for your input, obv we disagree, but hey we all want the best at the end.🙂

Absolutely

Shooter McGavin

Win as a team, lose as a team, draw as a team.

**** this singling out players. Doesn’t make the situation better.

Love Hearts 🇱🇻

12 minutes ago, briever said:

It was either that or bring him down.

No need to bring him down, just get the block tackle in.

For me from what I've seen Lewis Neilson is a better defender than Sibbick. Sibbick I'd said before for me might develop into a cdm. I think Neilson is a more natural defender 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Pathetic and cowardly accusation isn't it. 

I think it's well wide of the mark in this instance.

Listen, those absolute daftys blaming Sibbick, did Sibbick ask to play a back 5 with 20 mins to go, or did Robbie instruct him and the team. 

If not what is Robbie at this club for, he makes the decisions!!!! 

Under no Pressure whatsoever and we invited it, we got exactly what we deserved. 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The trend is similar to Isma and at times Djoum. That’s all I’m saying on the matter. 

I don't think it is tbh, both Djoum and Isma were good players so I can understand people looking for more sinister reason for their criticism. 

Sibbick I think it's his performance. For me he looks a giraffe on ice in possession, balls always stuck under his feet so no idea why people want him at DCM. In defence he doesn't concentrate enough for me, always letting people run in behind. 

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Listen, those absolute daftys blaming Sibbick, did Sibbick ask to play a back 5 with 20 mins to go, or did Robbie instruct him and the team. 

Under no Pressure whatsoever and we invited it, we got exactly what we deserved. 

Smiths injury forced the change imo.

Robbie set his team up well and another day we are out of sight by that point. If we take one of our chances it's game over . I can't be arsed with Neilson getting the blame every time we lose or get a negative result, there's plenty other factors.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I don't think it is tbh, both Djoum and Isma were good players so I can understand people looking for more sinister reason for their criticism. 

Sibbick I think it's his performance. For me he looks a giraffe on ice in possession, balls always stuck under his feet so no idea why people want him at DCM. In defence he doesn't concentrate enough for me, always letting people run in behind. 

No doubt about it his performances since the Semi haven’t been up to scratch. He’s looked void of confidence. 

To me it all seems more sinister and has more intent to it than say Halkett when he was going through his rough patch. 

25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sibbick is our Rocky.

He looks hesitant and uncertain whenever the ball is anywhere near him. 

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Sibbick is our Rocky.

He looks hesitant and uncertain whenever the ball is anywhere near him. 

Sibbick isn't a defender and Robbie job is to improve him, find a settled position for the guy, instead he's got him right back, centre back,midfield, he's clueless. 

He makes Lee Johnson look competent. 

2 hours ago, Morgan01 said:

The manager should never have brought him on when we were only 1 up. (In that position)

He`s not a DM imo, he`s just not a good football player.

My opinion was after the mistake at Hampden, he was skating on thin ice, nothing since then has changed my opinion.  

Has he done the same mistake again? He is a young player with not many games under his belt. He is bound to make mistakes. Technically he is very good and he is one of the fastest players in the league. He can be taught better positioning and defending skills. Will be a very good player for us.

20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No doubt about it his performances since the Semi haven’t been up to scratch. He’s looked void of confidence. 

To me it all seems more sinister and has more intent to it than say Halkett when he was going through his rough patch. 

He has had a very good preseason and was one of our better players against RC. 

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

🤷🏽

People are quick to jump on the sectarian bandwagon when they hear it.

Casual racism exists in our stands. I’ve heard plenty of it over the years and reported/confronted it.

Some folk couldn't have gone to football in the 80's if they're offended nowadays.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Carter said:

Some folk couldn't have gone to football in the 80's if they're offended nowadays.

This is the problem. Dinosaurs don’t evolve with the times. 

Comments such as 

Black so and so aren’t acceptable these days…

fabienleclerq
15 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He has had a very good preseason and was one of our better players against RC. 

Your at it, first half he was honking. 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Your at it, first half he was honking. 

He’s not at it. For me and others around me Sibbick was actually our best player 1st vs County. Being blinded by hatred of one of your own players is just weird behaviour.

fabienleclerq
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

He’s not at it. For me and others around me Sibbick was actually our best player 1st vs County. Being blinded by hatred of one of your own players is just weird behaviour.

I don't hate him just think he's not playing well, him and Atkinson were rotten first half. Not even up for debate.

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I get you want to defend our players but Sibbick was absolutely honking last week.

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I don't hate him just think he's not playing well, him and Atkinson were rotten first half. Not even up for debate.

It clearly is up for debate since numerous people disagree with you. You may not hate Sibbick, but others will. Why? Because of crap group/pub chat where people have to have extreme views about people and stubbornly stick to them. Seen it all before, Sibbick is just the latest incarnation.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Pathetic to blame Sibbick, Hibs had a throw in inside their half, 3 Hearts players were within 2 yards and none of them challenged for the header.

We win that header, we win the game.

Perth to Paisley
2 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

He's cost us the game. End of.

Absolute rubbish

I'm embarrassed for you.

Suggest you delete the post before your friend/family sees it

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It clearly is up for debate since numerous people disagree with you. You may not hate Sibbick, but others will. Why? Because of crap group/pub chat where people have to have extreme views about people and stubbornly stick to them. Seen it all before, Sibbick is just the latest incarnation.

You thought him and Atkinson had a good first half? RC winger had them both all over the place.

33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sibbick isn't a defender and Robbie job is to improve him, find a settled position for the guy, instead he's got him right back, centre back,midfield, he's clueless. 

He makes Lee Johnson look competent. 

C’mon Bongo. You claim to know you’re stuff. Sibbick is a poor player. If he’s not got the awareness, strength or ability to play in defence he sure as shit doesn’t have it in him to play centre mid.

He’ll hang around here for a while longer then he’ll tumble down the lower leagues in England.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

I get you want to defend our players but Sibbick was absolutely honking last week.

Nah, people are seeing what they want to see. Now, I want to see him play well, like I do with all our players, but I’m a realist. I’ve already said in that thread he was to blame for the goal today with his ball watching. I’m not going to defend that (although I’m blaming the draw on more than that). If he plays badly or makes a mistake I’ll acknowledge it. When he plays well I acknowledge that too. He wasn’t outstanding or anything last week, he was fine though, and in a bad bunch of performances he was the best of that bad bunch in that first half. Still maybe a 6/10 amongst 4/10 and 5/10’s.

I just think people find a reason for disliking a player, it could be because of a mistake he once made, a misplaced perception of nonchalance or laziness or maybe in Sibbick’s case it’s the Stendel factor? I dunno. All I know is, people form extreme opinions and for some there’s no telling or showing anyone any different. Same folk who refused to celebrate Isma’s goals, or claimed Djoum was Billy big baws after winning AFCON, or who refused to acknowledge Sean Clare playing better under Stendel. Same thing every time though, complete stubbornness and an aversion so acknowledge the player playing decent/well. “One swallow doesn’t make a summer” the usual one that comes out if a player does play well enough, if they are to say anything at all.

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

You thought him and Atkinson had a good first half? RC winger had them both all over the place.

When did I say anything about Atkinson?

30 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

This is the problem. Dinosaurs don’t evolve with the times. 

Comments such as 

Black so and so aren’t acceptable these days…

They aren't acceptable. I hear nothing like the abuse that was dished out in the 80's though. Nothing even remotely close. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Nah, people are seeing what they want to see. Now, I want to see him play well, like I do with all our players, but I’m a realist. I’ve already said in that thread he was to blame for the goal today with his ball watching. I’m not going to defend that (although I’m blaming the draw on more than that). If he plays badly or makes a mistake I’ll acknowledge it. When he plays well I acknowledge that too. He wasn’t outstanding or anything last week, he was fine though, and in a bad bunch of performances he was the best of that bad bunch in that first half. Still maybe a 6/10 amongst 4/10 and 5/10’s.

I just think people find a reason for disliking a player, it could be because of a mistake he once made, a misplaced perception of nonchalance or laziness or maybe in Sibbick’s case it’s the Stendel factor? I dunno. All I know is, people form extreme opinions and for some there’s no telling or showing anyone any different. Same folk who refused to celebrate Isma’s goals, or claimed Djoum was Billy big baws after winning AFCON, or who refused to acknowledge Sean Clare playing better under Stendel. Same thing every time though, complete stubbornness and an aversion so acknowledge the player playing decent/well. “One swallow doesn’t make a summer” the usual one that comes out if a player does play well enough, if they are to say anything at all.

He was poor last week,he was constantly caught napping on the ball and his distribution was too slow allowing the RC wingers to close him down and on 3 occasions he passes the ball out the park because of this.

He had both Neilson and G Forrest telling him to wake up.

Personally I don't blame him for the goal today,neither of our 3 centre halfs covered themselfs in glory for the goal.

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

He was poor last week,he was constantly caught napping on the ball and his distribution was too slow allowing the RC wingers to close him down and on 3 occasions he passes the ball out the park because of this.

He had both Neilson and G Forrest telling him to wake up.

Personally I don't blame him for the goal today,neither of our 3 centre halfs covered themselfs in glory for the goal.

I agree with this Halkett should do better but Sibbick needs to be aware of Boyle and snuff that out.

3 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Never sibbicks fault for the goal today. Rowles and halkett.

Are you mad? He ran away from Boyle towards the goal even after looking where he was, if he moves just 1 step closer, called marking, he would have blocked the shot and cleared.  His positional awareness is shocking.

buca junior
17 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Pathetic to blame Sibbick, Hibs had a throw in inside their half, 3 Hearts players were within 2 yards and none of them challenged for the header.

We win that header, we win the game.

Correct 

4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

He and Rowles had a misunderstanding and a very dangerous player (the only one Hibs have) made us pay. Keep your toys in your pram.

These statements annoy me. I can tell you have never kicked a ball at any real level…………….(I’m sure you’ll come back with some counter but mate how they equalised is embarrassing.)

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The trend is similar to Isma and at times Djoum. That’s all I’m saying on the matter. 

You really are something .We are talking about the player nothing else. FFS

You really are a grade A weapon at times, if you think that cameo role was acceptable then heaven help us. 

Just now, Morgan01 said:

You really are a grade A weapon at times, if you think that cameo role was acceptable then heaven help us. 

Best ignored, don't rise to it

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, Morgan01 said:

You might be talking about the player, but I’ve heard others talking about him in a different light 🤷🏽 

I didn’t single anyone out as forum wise it’s anonymous but in person I’ve heard some bad things. 

Cheers for the insult by the way, really nice considering I’ve no idea who you are

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You might be talking about the player, but I’ve heard others talking about him in a different light 🤷🏽 

I didn’t single anyone out as forum wise it’s anonymous but in person I’ve heard some bad things. 

Cheers for the insult by the way, really nice considering I’ve no idea who you are

Sorry if I offended you, but you seem to rush into tag your own fellow supporters as racists.

Ridic accusations.

As you will see above I've been told you are for the watching. Maybe shouldn't bite but I have. 

Sometimes, somebody isn't very good, unfortunately the lad fits into that category.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Morgan01 said:

Sorry if I offended you, but you seem to rush into tag your own fellow supporters as racists.

Ridic accusations.

As you will see above I've been told you are for the watching. Maybe shouldn't bite but I have. 

Sometimes, somebody isn't very good, unfortunately the lad fits into that category.

I don’t get offended by comments on a forum, I have no issue with you or your thoughts. 

I have no reason to make up things I’ve heard in the stands, pubs and so on in previous months and years said by Hearts “fans” about players of colour playing for the club. 

I get the fact Sibbick hasn’t played well, probably since the semi final when he made the error, it’s evidently shot his confidence. He’s 22/23 which is still incredibly young and we are the biggest club he’s played for, with the highest demands, there’s no doubt about that. I am not hiding from that fact.

What I’m annoyed at today in particular, is people bypassing two individual errors by two other players in the back 5, and Sibbick being left in a situation where he either attempts to block off the ball across the 6 yard line, or takes one step to his right and the goal never happens. As a defender it’s a 50/50 decision and I personally don’t believe it’s his fault. If his teammates do their job the situation never happens but instead people are insisting on pointing fingers at him because it appears the easy thing to do. 

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don’t get offended by comments on a forum, I have no issue with you or your thoughts. 

I have no reason to make up things I’ve heard in the stands, pubs and so on in previous months and years said by Hearts “fans” about players of colour playing for the club. 

I get the fact Sibbick hasn’t played well, probably since the semi final when he made the error, it’s evidently shot his confidence. He’s 22/23 which is still incredibly young and we are the biggest club he’s played for, with the highest demands, there’s no doubt about that. I am not hiding from that fact.

What I’m annoyed at today in particular, is people bypassing two individual errors by two other players in the back 5, and Sibbick being left in a situation where he either attempts to block off the ball across the 6 yard line, or takes one step to his right and the goal never happens. As a defender it’s a 50/50 decision and I personally don’t believe it’s his fault. If his teammates do their job the situation never happens but instead people are insisting on pointing fingers at him because it appears the easy thing to do. 

OK, what was your take on the corner he gave away a few minutes before that. He clearly must have seen it came off our player but just let it go out. Bizarre.

Maybe your tolerance is a lot lower than mine, but I can assure you we will not be progressing if he`s the answer.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Morgan01 said:

OK, what was your take on the corner he gave away a few minutes before that. He clearly must have seen it came off our player but just let it go out. Bizarre.

Maybe your tolerance is a lot lower than mine, but I can assure you we will not be progressing if he`s the answer.

We didn’t concede from the corner so I couldn’t care less if I’m honest. I’m presuming you mean the shot that Boyle took and it clipped off Halkett’s arm?

• davemclaren changed the title to Toby Sibbick ( merged )