Toby Sibbick ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Morgan01 said:

OK, what was your take on the corner he gave away a few minutes before that. He clearly must have seen it came off our player but just let it go out. Bizarre.

Maybe your tolerance is a lot lower than mine, but I can assure you we will not be progressing if he`s the answer.

I'll give him the benefit and say it looked like he didn't notice it touched Halkett. Halks should have shouted play it right after he knew the ball hit him. We need better communication in defence.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• RustyRightPeg

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We didn’t concede from the corner so I couldn’t care less if I’m honest. I’m presuming you mean the shot that Boyle took and it clipped off Halkett’s arm?

I don`t care if we didn`t concede!!!!! it happened. That's a raker of a comment(Yes that handball incident) 

What kind of airbrushing do you do?????????

So a horse is 20 length clear at the last and falls, you go aye that's alright it didn't win. Eh naw, that's lucky, learn from it. 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

C’mon Bongo. You claim to know you’re stuff. Sibbick is a poor player. If he’s not got the awareness, strength or ability to play in defence he sure as shit doesn’t have it in him to play centre mid.

He’ll hang around here for a while longer then he’ll tumble down the lower leagues in England.

You know i write of clare, and was saying why did we pay money for this guy. 

Sometimes managers can get the best out of certain player's. 

I've seen worse players than Sibbick. 

I reckon Sibbick could do a job as the sitting midfielder of a 433 or 4231.

Just my opinion and i respect yours. 

11 minutes ago, Morgan01 said:

OK, what was your take on the corner he gave away a few minutes before that. He clearly must have seen it came off our player but just let it go out. Bizarre.

Maybe your tolerance is a lot lower than mine, but I can assure you we will not be progressing if he`s the answer.

Watch the replay, difficult to see the ball brushing Halkett's arm and Craig is shouting at Toby to leave it as he obviously thought it was a goal kick.

Toby is definitely the current whipping boy for too many people, he's being asked to play as an out and out defender which is not a role he's good at, when he first came here under Stendel it was as a defensive midfielder where he looked comfortable but he didn't play many games. Play him in front of the defence and I think you'll see a totally different player but we have lots of players who can play that position so he's got to try and play wherever he can get game time. 

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I'll give him the benefit and say it looked like he didn't notice it touched Halkett. Halks should have shouted play it right after he knew the ball hit him. We need better communication in defence.

Seriously, surely in a derby match when we are 1 up, you just melt it. He let it go out incredible, you don't wait for anybody else take control yourself.

Mind you we`ve got another poster saying they didn't score from that so who cares. No wonder we accept mediocrity.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Sibbick will be fine. He just needs to learn to play for 100% of the time he’s on the field. If he starts then he has to be awake for 90 mins. If he comes on a sub he can look at the clock and tell himself he only needs to be awake to everything around him for x mins. He’s made dumb mistakes in a semi, a friendly and now today. Time for a kick up the @$$. No more arms around shoulders.

pettigrewsstylist

Posted missing today at goal.

1. Get to ball first and reduce danfer.

2. Stay tight to fairytale striker threat and get a block on at least.

3. Drift off and look busy but effect nothing.

Not a defender IMO.

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, Morgan01 said:

I don`t care if we didn`t concede!!!!! it happened. That's a raker of a comment(Yes that handball incident) 

What kind of airbrushing do you do?????????

So a horse is 20 length clear at the last and falls, you go aye that's alright it didn't win. Eh naw, that's lucky, learn from it. 

You've lost the plot.

Gordon shouts at him to leave it and raises his arms as he knows it’s wide. 

I think we can agree to disagree here, I don’t accept mediocrity but losing your head over a corner is a bit much. 

2 minutes ago, Macros said:

Watch the replay, difficult to see the ball brushing Halkett's arm and Craig is shouting at Toby to leave it as he obviously thought it was a goal kick.

Toby is definitely the current whipping boy for too many people, he's being asked to play as an out and out defender which is not a role he's good at, when he first came here under Stendel it was as a defensive midfielder where he looked comfortable but he didn't play many games. Play him in front of the defence and I think you'll see a totally different player but we have lots of players who can play that position so he's got to try and play wherever he can get game time. 

Fine mate, that's your opinion but mine is the lad is a bomb scare. I said previously if he played for them we would go for the jugular.

If you are happy to defend him that's your prerogative,(any position) all about opinions though so thanks for yours 

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sibbick isn't a defender and Robbie job is to improve him, find a settled position for the guy, instead he's got him right back, centre back,midfield, he's clueless. 

He makes Lee Johnson look competent. 

When we signed him you were crowing about how many games he’d played for Barnsley on the right side of a back 3.

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Absolute rubbish

I'm embarrassed for you.

Suggest you delete the post before your friend/family sees it

Bit sensitive.  I don't  get embarrassed that easily. And as it happens most of my friends and family have thicker skin than you clearly do. Lighten up.

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You've lost the plot.

Gordon shouts at him to leave it and raises his arms as he knows it’s wide. 

I think we can agree to disagree here, I don’t accept mediocrity but losing your head over a corner is a bit much. 

I've lost the plot good yin.

He is playing in a situation where he knows its come off us & lets Gordon make his mind up for him????

The lad isn`t & will never be the answer.

We are all disappointed so best park it there for the now. Unfortunately think this thread will come up again. 

Putting Sibbick on was one thing but to put Atkinson on also was poor. It’s unfair on Sibbick at this stage in such a big game under the pressure of keeping a clean sheet to saddle him with the wanderer. Atkinson leaves Sibbick isolated when he takes off and forgets his way back.

ArcticJambo
4 hours ago, Lido said:

Tend to agree. Halkett had a great game today, bossed that Youan.........until he let him get that cross in. So frustrating. 

Youan is already running pretty much full tilt into the box, Halkett would have had to risk a sliding tackle to take it off him or put the body on him, likely pen. Real culprit imo was Cochrane - he was caught ball watching on the outside in the 95th minute as the winger ran inside him. committed hinself to the throw in behind Haring who misjudged it but at least blocked off a player.

Firstly Halkett had to hold his initial position as the ball is played through to Youan from Boyle otherwise Boyle could carry on, then has to check slightly as he focuses on Youan. The winger plays a perfect wee touch to take the ball around Halkett.  Sibbick hold his position and if you were to really try to lay any fault on Toby you could say that ideally he takes a step towards the ball just before Boyle nicks in for the touch.

Tbf, Jouan's chest off teh throw to Boyle and his run down the inside right channel, and Boyle's follow-in was, very annoyingly anexcellent piece of play.

BackOfTheNet
52 minutes ago, Macros said:

I got annoyed he left it at the time, but you’re right, when watching the replay his keeper and captain tells him to leave it. You can see by his arms/hands actions also. This is what people mean when players get this treatment, it’s like some fans overanalyse every minute detail and pounce, just do they can say “See! He’s shite! Told you!” It’s weird behaviour.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don’t get offended by comments on a forum, I have no issue with you or your thoughts. 

I have no reason to make up things I’ve heard in the stands, pubs and so on in previous months and years said by Hearts “fans” about players of colour playing for the club. 

I get the fact Sibbick hasn’t played well, probably since the semi final when he made the error, it’s evidently shot his confidence. He’s 22/23 which is still incredibly young and we are the biggest club he’s played for, with the highest demands, there’s no doubt about that. I am not hiding from that fact.

What I’m annoyed at today in particular, is people bypassing two individual errors by two other players in the back 5, and Sibbick being left in a situation where he either attempts to block off the ball across the 6 yard line, or takes one step to his right and the goal never happens. As a defender it’s a 50/50 decision and I personally don’t believe it’s his fault. If his teammates do their job the situation never happens but instead people are insisting on pointing fingers at him because it appears the easy thing to do. 

The goal doesnt matter if we take our chances.

Sibbick just the latest boo boy.

Still not a defender IMO.

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Youan is already running pretty much full tilt into the box, Halkett would have had to risk a sliding tackle to take it off him or put the body on him, likely pen. Real culprit imo was Cochrane - he was caught ball watching on the outside in the 95th minute as the winger ran inside him. committed hinself to the throw in behind Haring who misjudged it but at least blocked off a player.

Firstly Halkett had to hold his initial position as the ball is played through to Youan from Boyle otherwise Boyle could carry on, then has to check slightly as he focuses on Youan. The winger plays a perfect wee touch to take the ball around Halkett.  Sibbick hold his position and if you were to really try to lay any fault on Toby you could say that ideally he takes a step towards the ball just before Boyle nicks in for the touch.

Tbf, Jouan's chest off teh throw to Boyle and his run down the inside right channel, and Boyle's follow-in was, very annoyingly anexcellent piece of play.

Sibbick definitely takes some of the blame for ball watching rather than being switched on and aware of his surroundings - BUT - your excellent post just goes to show it’s not as simple as just being one player’s fault. Your post doesn’t even mention Rowles role, nor does it mention the wasted opportunities from McKay, or even the tactical formation and personnel decisions that meant we should never have even been in the position at that time of the game to worry about an equaliser in the first place. So much lead to us dropping two points today, to lay it at the feet of one player is at best narrow minded, but at worst either idiotic or spiteful.

Let just be honest, apart from the goal line block at Easter Road in his debut last season, Sibbick has been absolutely rotten for us.

He’s never a centre back. Looked great playing centre mid in the couple of games he played for us before getting injured so maybe try him there but he’s bomb scare stuff playing centre back. 

Rocky jamboa

I don't understand why Robbie keeps playing Toby as a central defender. Everyone else can see that doesn't suit him. Play him in the defensive midfield role, or at a push, right back/right wing back. Not in the centre. 

It's the same with Ross Stewart. What does Robbie see that no one else does?!

Edited by Rocky jamboa

Thumperbeni

Sibbick is a complete and utter bombscare, he should not have been anywhere near that team today never mind when we were under the cosh defending a 1-0 lead, poor management from neilson but in all honesty most if not all of neilsons changes were questionable today. 

33 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The goal doesnt matter if we take our chances.

Sibbick just the latest boo boy.

Still not a defender IMO.

There's definitely a player there. Might take a year or so for him to show it. But you're right, we should've been out of sight. Let the hobos have their imagined victory - we're miles ahead of them and the gap is only going to increase. Bring on 23 in a row.... 

1 hour ago, Morgan01 said:

Fine mate, that's your opinion but mine is the lad is a bomb scare. I said previously if he played for them we would go for the jugular.

If you are happy to defend him that's your prerogative,(any position) all about opinions though so thanks 

'Thanks' 😄

I don't understand the (any position) bit but given the sanctimonious tone of your reply I don't give a rat's arse, I guess that's also my perogative. 

McGlynn The Money
12 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We didn’t concede from the corner so I couldn’t care less if I’m honest. I’m presuming you mean the shot that Boyle took and it clipped off Halkett’s arm?

We didn't concede from it but it kept the pressure on and Hibs momentum going. If he clears it we get a chance to break or take it into the corner. I could tell from the back of the top tier it was going to be a corner.

Neverforgetfiveone

So nick is going to be the new Neil Berry… utility player, cover in a few positions for injuries and suspensions… or rotation. Never a starter

Neverforgetfiveone
Just now, Neverforgetfiveone said:

So nick is going to be the new Neil Berry… utility player, cover in a few positions for injuries and suspensions… or rotation. Never a starter

Sibbick - god dam you apple!!!!!

15 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Your at it, first half he was honking. 

In your opinion, which you are entitled to.

How many challenges did he lose?

How many times did the opposition have goal scoring opportunities from a mistake he made?

How many times was he lost for pace with balls played over the top?

How many missed passes?

Answer to all these questions is 0

Berra than you

As much as I am heavily on the fence with Sibbick, don't think he did anything wrong yesterday other than their goal, and he was far from alone in that - Atkinson only member of the defence who didn't have a part to play there. As others have said, if Shankland/McKay/Atkinson take their chances then it's irrelevant.

The Mercer Takeover

Sibbick just isn't good enough, we can all see it. 

He is just a liability waiting to happen every week

13 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

That's a pretty fair take on the goal incident. I suppose you've got to give Youan a bit of credit there. The only time he got the better of Halkett, so annoying it happened I the last seconds.

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

In your opinion, which you are entitled to.

How many challenges did he lose?

How many times did the opposition have goal scoring opportunities from a mistake he made?

How many times was he lost for pace with balls played over the top?

How many missed passes?

Answer to all these questions is 0

Mate ask your dog to tell you how bad he was first half against ross County.

2 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Sibbick just isn't good enough, we can all see it. 

He is just a liability waiting to happen every week

It certainly seems that way. 

We've been told that Sibbick is young and he's still learning.  That's fine, but he shouldn't be learning while on the first team at HMFC.

2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It certainly seems that way. 

We've been told that Sibbick is young and he's still learning.  That's fine, but he shouldn't be learning while on the first team at HMFC.

Any player not learning whilst on our first team should be shown the door. 

Rocky jamboa

Toby getting some unfair criticism on here for his part in the goal yesterday. I thought he was fine when he came on and others were more to blame for the goal than him, particularly halkett and rowles. Robbie as much to blame also for continually playing him in a position he doesn't seem comfortable with. 

section s heart
14 hours ago, Aaron78 said:

There's definitely a player there. Might take a year or so for him to show it. But you're right, we should've been out of sight. Let the hobos have their imagined victory - we're miles ahead of them and the gap is only going to increase. Bring on 23 in a row.... 

I'm hanging on to the idea there's a player in there, and with good coaching, he might make the kind of progress we've seen from Cochrane Halkett and others in the last year or so. It's the recruitment model we're working with, so not everyone we sign will be a finished article. 

But we ideally need another CH and keep Toby out of the 11 meantime. 

Seems with Natty not a defending RB and Toby not good/ ready/ trusted/ lacking confidence/ insert whatever/ enough, then we're needing to sign RB cover for Smith pronto. RB is costing us just like LB used to. More unnecessary work for Savage and cost to us. 

Captain Sausage

Not sure TS can take much blame for the goal yesterday. But it’s clear as day he’s not a centre back. 

Put him in centremid and see if it works there. Need another CB

21 hours ago, Thumperbeni said:

Sibbick is a complete and utter bombscare, he should not have been anywhere near that team today never mind when we were under the cosh defending a 1-0 lead, poor management from neilson but in all honesty most if not all of neilsons changes were questionable today. 

If you want to blame someone for the goal and I don’t think you should…what about Halkett…stops the cross no goal.

1 hour ago, brawlad74 said:

Seems with Natty not a defending RB and Toby not good/ ready/ trusted/ lacking confidence/ insert whatever/ enough, then we're needing to sign RB cover for Smith pronto. RB is costing us just like LB used to. More unnecessary work for Savage and cost to us. 

The problem is RB. Get that sorted and Sibbick will be fine.

11 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Not sure TS can take much blame for the goal yesterday. But it’s clear as day he’s not a centre back. 

Put him in centremid and see if it works there. Need another CB

Personally I thought he could have  rushed out to Boyle and threw himself at the ball rather than his half hearted effort. He is to laid back and nowhere near aggressive enough for me Hopefully we can move him on ASAP as I can't see any improvement in that part of his game .

Ok fwiw here’s my take on it. I can’t really say who’s fault it was as I was in the Hearts end with one eye on my stopwatch and the other on the game. We got a let off with 2 mins to go when Rocky headed over. That was a warning so why didn’t we heed it? At 4 mins and 30 secs of Injury time it’s still 1-0 to us and the points are almost in the bag. Defend our goal for our phukken lives and don’t kick it away or piss fart about with it. Get it to the corners or bye line and waste time. Craig Gorsaon could’ve let it go out for a bye kick but he took it first time and the ball came right back down our throats. He could easily have wasted 30 seconds and even took a yellow for it and we’d have 3 points. The whole team are culpable and not said individuals. It’s a team sport. I could single out 4-5 players that lost concentration at different times yesterday that almost cost us.  Unfortunately when needed to concentrate the most, some of us switched off.

Now I can’t be arsed to watch any highlights or re runs as we lost two points and I’ve no desire to be analytic over something that can’t be reversed. If Simms shot had gone in and not hit the post we’d have another trophy in our cabinet….but we don’t and it’s all irrelevant now. Stats will show that the Hun won and we lost. Yesterdays stats show a draw so let’s move on. 3 big games coming up. 

If a team can’t defend their goal for 30 frigging seconds more then we don’t  deserve 3 points. Regardless of peoples options on TS, it’s unfair to solely blame him for yesterday. I’d have taken a red card to blooter the diving wig into row Z never mind the ball and we’d have had the whole 3 points. 

Let’s move on from here. Talking the lad down will only shatter his confidence further. I’m not a happy clapper far from it but we need every fit man for a long campaign ahead. 

Edited by SMJ_1874

GorgieOnTour

No malice towards the guy at all… he’s just not at the level of the current squad.

We’ve made good progress in the last year and Sibbick just isn’t good enough!

Looks very nervous and hesitant on the ball.. god knows why people think midfield would suit him 😂

Edited by GorgieOnTour

36 minutes ago, GorgieOnTour said:

No malice towards the guy at all… he’s just not at the level of the current squad.

We’ve made good progress in the last year and Sibbick just isn’t good enough!

Looks very nervous and hesitant on the ball.. god knows why people think midfield would suit him 😂

Seen him play twice in midfield and was absolutely fantastic. Don’t give up hope with him there is a player there sone people take time. 
He will come good 

55 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Seen him play twice in midfield and was absolutely fantastic. Don’t give up hope with him there is a player there sone people take time. 
He will come good 

Spot on 👍

1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

He will come good 

Not sure about “absolutely fantastic” but his athleticism was a huge factor in our win over Rangers on his debut. He was quite poor at St Johnstone but that was right at the start of his serious illness and he didn’t make half-time iirc? 
He needs to buck up his ideas, and quickly, because there’s no room for passengers who might eventually come good this season. 

JamboNation

If you watch him the lad has pace , actually covered Smith a number of times in the Ross County game, like all young players needs time and a chance not sure if he will get it though

Edited by JamboNation

• davemclaren changed the title to Toby Sibbick ( merged )