Toby Sibbick ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

I've never known someone to consistently start their game so poorly, seems so hesitant and wants an age to do fairly routine things but by second half he seems twice the player. If he could just dial in right from get go he'd be a pretty decent player for us no doubt about it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• RustyRightPeg

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

I've never known someone to consistently start their game so poorly, seems so hesitant and wants an age to do fairly routine things but by second half he seems twice the player. If he could just dial in right from get go he'd be a pretty decent player for us no doubt about it.

Considering for the largest part of the first half he was our only decent player, I’m going to have to strongly disagree with that first line

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Unknown user
8 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Ha ha never noticed that 😆 🤣 😂 

:laugh2: any idea what you were trying to say? I still can't work it out!

15 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Considering for the largest part of the first half he was our only decent player, I’m going to have to strongly disagree with that first line

I agree thought he had a very good game and has the potential to be a very good player. Atkinson having a nightmare in front of him is more than enough to make anyone feel a bit shaky 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Backing the lad, personally feel he's better in midfield. 

Of course you are, Stendel signed him

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Backing the lad, personally feel he's better in midfield. 

Because his lack of pace and ball control doesn't really matter in the midfield 🙄

37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He made a run from defence on Saturday were he played a ball into Shankland, and all Shankland had to do was open his body and lay it off for him for a goal. 

Unfortunately it came to Shanklands left side and he fecked it. 

37 minutes ago, briever said:

Because his lack of pace and ball control doesn't really matter in the midfield 🙄

Yeah modric and others like milner etc are fast. 

Every midfielder that has ever played has pace and ball control, just look at Scott Brown 🙄

46 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hold on a minute, a stendel signing 😂, Robbie signed him permanently, stendel never put a gun to his head and said you must sign him, it's then Robbie job to use him as best he can 😂 that's a shocker of a post. 

You're obsessed. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hold on a minute, a stendel signing 😂, Robbie signed him permanently, stendel never put a gun to his head and said you must sign him, it's then Robbie job to use him as best he can 😂 that's a shocker of a post. 

You're obsessed. 

You back him because he's a Stendel signing, admit it!

Just now, Smithee said:

You back him because he's a Stendel signing, admit it!

No i back him because I want him to be a success. 

It's all about the narrative with you though 😂.

Weird that a Hearts supporter would want one of his own player's to fail. 

1 hour ago, briever said:

Just shows you, I think Sibbick is pretty quick.  Also, think he's quite cultured and has a decent touch, just that he's capable of brain fart moments like many young defenders. More visible with central defenders.

Unknown user
33 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No i back him because I want him to be a success. 

It's all about the narrative with you though 😂.

Weird that a Hearts supporter would want one of his own player's to fail. 

Who wants him to fail?

2 hours ago, EH11 said:

Just shows you, I think Sibbick is pretty quick.  Also, think he's quite cultured and has a decent touch, just that he's capable of brain fart moments like many young defenders. More visible with central defenders.

He is incredibly quick. One of the fastest players in the SPFL. You saw that when RC tried to play the ball behind him. Chased back and took possession of the ball every time.

Needs a spell in the B team after that. ****ing horrific horrific defending again from him. Teams will target him, he’s such an obvious weak link. Give Lewis Neilson a game over him.

Just now, boag1874 said:

Needs a spell in the B team after that. ****ing horrific horrific defending again from him. Teams will target him, he’s such an obvious weak link. Give Lewis Neilson a game over him.

Give you a game over him!

I’m not one for slagging our own players but he’s just not looked up to standard at all since his return. He was ‘fine’ against RC last week but the amount of times he switches off especially in big games is terrifying.

RustyRightPeg

Can’t believe this thread is blowing up when he genuinely did nothing wrong today. 

If you go and look back at the goal, Halkett and Rowles were at fault. 

you are kidding, how on earth does he let the ball go for a corner when he watching the ball hit our player. Incredible. The goal is a joke later on.

Can’t make a quick pass under pressure without sclaffing it out of play or giving it straight to an opponent.

Cost us at the end as well. Keeps his eyes in Boyle and he can block the ball in. But no. 

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Give you a game over him!

Malky Mackay built his team talk around Sibbick last week,that’s 1st hand from a County player.

No Idle Talk

We should play him in central midfield if we're going to play him. Playing him in defence is an accident waiting to happen at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Malky Mackay built his team talk around Sibbick last week,that’s 1st hand from a County player.

Maybe that’s why they have zero points after 2 games. 

Sibbick is jobbies in defence though. 

8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Can’t believe this thread is blowing up when he genuinely did nothing wrong today. 

Balls, he was wondering around aimlessly. Quick look around him and he would have seen boyle

RustyRightPeg
Just now, weaz1981 said:

Balls, he was wondering around aimlessly. Quick look around him and he would have seen boyle

Watch Rowles and Halkett and the chance doesn’t come. 

BackOfTheNet

Doesn’t matter who it is, there’s an ugly side of our support that like to pick a boo boy and can’t wait for times like these to vent their spleen

Ricardo Quaresma

They should've been chopped before they got near the box

Even at the expense of a red

Everyone but our forwards to blame for the goal

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

12 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They should've been chopped before they got near the box

Even at the expense of a red

Everyone but our forwards to blame for the goal

-

Easy to say that until someone gives them a free ball into the box from a free kick and they score from that.

Registered Users A

Posted 10 minutes ago

Doesn’t matter who it is, there’s an ugly side of our support that like to pick a boo boy and can’t wait for times like these to vent their spleen

Just behave, he`s not good enough. When he came on the reaction was oh no, this could be trouble. The lad isn`t good enough pure & simple.

The Old Tolbooth
17 minutes ago, Thurlaston said:

My heart sank when they brought him and Atkinson on. Defence looked strong until then. 

Exactly my thoughts, in fact I text my mate saying I was now worried! 

On 24/07/2022 at 00:13, oritem8 said:

Honking of shite, wants too long on the ball. Was the same last season and hasn’t learnt anything. Should move him on sooner rather than later. 

still honking of shite

24 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Him and Atkinson are the weak links. Smith needs a proper replacement.

Thought Rowles looked solid today. Probably needs to look at his part in the goal though. Jury out on the other two Aussies imo. Devlin's enthusiasm seems to conceal some other aspects of his game. Atkinson decent going forward but defensively suspect. 

Really want Sibbick to do well. Just not sure where his best position is. Doesn't seem a first pick in any position.

If Neilson wants to persist with a back 3, and he clearly does, we really need a good quality addition in that RCB role. There's still an uneasy feeling with Sibbick that a mistake isn't far away. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Sibbick had no clue at the goal who to keep an eye on. Needs a lot of coaching to get to   a level we need our players to be.

Sibbick falls asleep in every game.  Did the same against Preston and that also cost a goal.

He wasn't 100% to blame, but he usually the common dominator.

Ricardo Quaresma
19 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Easy to say that until someone gives them a free ball into the box from a free kick and they score from that.

That's the risk you take

Samuel Camazzola
42 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

His body position was all wrong when their boy on the right had possession. If he has himself opened up he reads the ball in and intercepts. 

The change to bring him on looked to be purely down to the pace he has. 

We should have seen that out but paid the price for not burying them earlier. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Toby Sibbick ( merged )