Toby Sibbick ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

Serge Pizzorno

Sibbick isn’t strong, courageous or commanding enough to be a CB. Think he would however be a very good centre midfielder in the Haring mould, potentially out place him. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• RustyRightPeg

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

And Cowie, Sammon, Woodburn, Whelan, Berra, Halliday, Stewart, Pereira, Zlamal, Boyce, GMS, Maclean and many others…. 

Funnily enough, people have opinions, and 99% of people who have opinions base them on **** to do with race. Grow up and spout your nonsense elsewhere. 

Fair enough. Like I say it was strange seeing him singled out today when he actually had a decent enough game.

That 1% is still too much and don't get me wrong every team will have that problem.

3 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Sibbick isn’t strong, courageous or commanding enough to be a CB. Think he would however be a very good centre midfielder in the Haring mould, potentially out place him. 

Stands out like a sore thumb he is superb at breaking up play in front of defence 

Dick Dastardly
11 minutes ago, Jeff said:

What? That I think a group of our support are racist? 

Just strange today that everyone had a stinker first half and people were singling out Sibbick.

Maybe it's a coincidence but the same happened with Djoum & Bauben

And Halliday. And Halkett. And Boyce. 

I was quite impressed with various parts of his game today. His pace is outrageous and his recovery from continually putting himself in the wrong position in the first half was as positive as it was frustrating. Thought he looked less nervous in the second half until he clocked a dull elbow from White and got an ankle injury afterwards that he seemed intent on showing the wheatfield just how injured he was by limping about and suffered from a loss of concentration for a number of minutes. I'm not going to be to harsh on him for today's performance but there's plenty more needing to be added from him to be a starter.

been here before
14 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Just strange today that everyone had a stinker first half and people were singling out Sibbick.

You're the only one that ever brings race into threads like this. You're the one with the problem. At least you've finally had the balls to come out with it though.

You just miss the white guys getting a hard time?

Just now, been here before said:

You're the only one that ever brings race into threads like this. You're the one with the problem. At least you've finally had the balls to come out with it though.

Ever? I've never done it outside of today... Unsure if you're mistaking me for someone else.

Like I said it was strange that he was being singled out today despite plenty others being worse. Maybe I'm overthinking it...

been here before
22 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

If I remember correctly we've brought a sport psychologist or similiar in full time. 

Aye I know he had input and I know he sought it out but I presumed with sports psychology being such a big thing we had one already on board.

Berra than you

Don't think he was as bad first half as people are making out. He was hung out to dry the first 30 by Atkinson. Thought he had a good game and definitely grew into it.

upgotheheads
11 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Fair enough. Like I say it was strange seeing him singled out today when he actually had a decent enough game.

That 1% is still too much and don't get me wrong every team will have that problem.

14 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

And Cowie, Sammon, Woodburn, Whelan, Berra, Halliday, Stewart, Pereira, Zlamal, Boyce, GMS, Maclean and many others…. 

Funnily enough, people have opinions, and 99% of people who have opinions base them on **** to do with race. Grow up and spout your nonsense elsewhere. 

Football is all about opinions I suppose, but I thought he was our best over-all performer  in a very unbalanced line-up. No player shone throughout and it took two pieces of magic to win us that game. Otherwise we were mostly disjointed and poor.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Ever? I've never done it outside of today... Unsure if you're mistaking me for someone else.

If thats the case then I apologise but in all honesty I cant be arsed checking.

4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Like I said it was strange that he was being singled out today despite plenty others being worse. Maybe I'm overthinking it...

Haring got abuse both at the game and on here, check out the match ratings thread. That some sort of an agenda to?

If thats the case then I apologise but in all honesty I cant be arsed checking.

Haring got abuse both at the game and on here, check out the match ratings thread. That some sort of an agenda to?

Yep. I've always thought we as Hearts fans were far too anti Austrian. Flogel got it rotten

Ricardo Quaresma
14 minutes ago, been here before said:

The race card from someone who’d bite a team’s hand off for £5M for Kingsley :rofl: 

Double it, pal, then we might talk

——

I think Sibbick should be cajoled into a DM role asap; if he can do this & CB, it would be less risk to play him in DM first

I think he’ll get a good grip in the middle quicker than the back

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
Typo

been here before
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The race card from someone who’d bite a team’s hand off for £5M for Kingsley :rofl: 

I've got no idea what that means or may even be alluding to.

Just now, Ricardo Quaresma said:

——

I think Sibbick should be cajoled into a DM role asap; if he can do this & CB, it would be less risk to play him in DM first

I think he’ll get a good grip in the middle quicker than than the back

Interesting angle...

Agreed with the DM opinion although I don't mind slotting him into CB of required

Someone said QPR were looking at Kingsley and I said 5 mil or feck off...

Explains the racism opinion

23 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

How many challenges did he lose today?

How many chances did they get as a result of mistakes he made?

How many times did he not win possession when the ball was played over the top?

How many times did he loose a challenge today?

He had a fine game.

Ricardo Quaresma

He responded to the posts earlier with people getting concerned about the reason for Kingsley’s absence being a bid for him

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Interesting angle...

Agreed with the DM opinion although I don't mind slotting him into CB of required

Quite; absolutely

I thought he was good today overall. The only one I thought deserved pass marks in the first half. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Someone said QPR were looking at Kingsley and I said 5 mil or feck off...

Explains the racism opinion

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He responded to the posts earlier with people getting concerned about the reason for Kingsley’s absence being a bid for him

Righto...

13 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Don't think he was as bad first half as people are making out. He was hung out to dry the first 30 by Atkinson. Thought he had a good game and definitely grew into it.

Agreed. Atkinson had one of the worst games in recent years of any Hearts player. We were so lucky not be punished. Huge improvement when he went off. 

jambo_4_eva
7 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

——

I think he’ll get a good grip in the middle quicker than the back

-

I'm actually amazed nobody has signed Kingsley yet off us. Same with Barry mackay. Do other clubs no have scouts? Class players. 

3 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I thought he was good today overall. The only one I thought deserved pass marks in the first half. 

Same here

Just now, jambo_4_eva said:

I'm actually amazed nobody has signed Kingsley yet off us. Same with Barry mackay. Do other clubs no have scouts? Class players. 

Kingsley has improved massively over the last year.

indianajones

WTF are people seriously talking about racism here? 

Sibbick was very, very poor in the first half but so was the entire team. He drastically improved in the second.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Sibbick was very, very poor in the first half but so was the entire team. He drastically improved in the second.

I know; not once have I seen any hint of it since his 1st game for us

Absolute Scenes

Canny quite believe there’s such a split on how he played today. For those who think he played well, can you pinpoint what he did well and why you thought he was good? Different Sibbick I was seeing because the guy should be nowhere near the lineup. 

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Ridiculous eh. Not one mention of his skin colour, his footballing ability is not there to start for hearts. Racist?

Absolute Scenes
20 minutes ago, Peebo said:

You’re kidding right? Right?!!

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Peebo said:

No.

You thought Toby Sibbick was the only one worth pass marks today 😂😂😂

heartsfc_fan
21 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Canny quite believe there’s such a split on how he played today. For those who think he played well, can you pinpoint what he did well and why you thought he was good? Different Sibbick I was seeing because the guy should be nowhere near the lineup. 

First 10 mins he was shakey but he grew into the game and 2nd half he gave nothing away.

He's not the most composed but that was much better from him.

jambo_4_eva
20 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Just like ti remind you souttar had abit of a bombscare too today for rangers. It happens. Sibbick really good going forward. He's young, will make mistakes but might turn into a very good player for us. Needs more game time. With experience he'll be class. 

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You thought Toby Sibbick was the only one worth pass marks today 😂😂😂

I didn’t say that 🤷🏻‍♂️

RedStarRiot

Awful first half but like many said so we're the rest of the team. He had a solid 2nd half and very good at bringing the ball out of defence. 

I thought Sibbick was fine today.  Not great but got better as the game went on. Nobody was good in that first half.

Thought aside from a couple of nervy moments first half he did fine today. He looked much much better with Smith alongside him to help out than Natty

LarrysRightFoot

I thought he was decent today. A few mistakes but nothing major. He looks timid which is completely different to his 1st debut v Rangers. He just needs to be a little more aggressive and confident and he’ll be good for us. 

Chillidigits

I'd say give Ross County their due. They came here with a decent game plan and could have been out of sight at half time. Pretty relieved that we got the first goal. Half time team talk instumental in wrestling the inititive away from them imo.

loveofthegame
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

You are an idiot if you think the views about Sibbick of the overridingly huge majority of Hearts fans are based on anything beyond his ability.

He had an absolute horror show of a first half, he and Atkinson (jury still out defensively - he’s white btw) were getting torn apart and it looked like Ross County were really targeting in behind those two. It didn’t get much better for Sibbick first half after Atkinson went off.

He definitely improved second half though, so big credit to him for that. More assured, strong, won a few important challenges and had a few gd runs forward.

I do definitely still wonder if DM will ultimately be just best position. The Sean Clare comparison another poster made earlier is a good one- he has the attributes to be a very decent player but he looks to be a real confidence player and we don’t yet appear to know his best position. 

Ricardo Quaresma
8 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

I'd say give Ross County their due. They came here with a decent game plan and could have been out of sight at half time. Pretty relieved that we got the first goal. Half time team talk instumental in wrestling the inititive away from them imo.

I felt we got further and further into the game as it went on; by the end of the first half they were quite worn down

They probably felt they should’ve been ahead, but they simply couldn’t convert their chances

Everyone knows what tends to happen next

I like him. He's a young lad and will get better. And he's with the right club that will work on making him better.

Monsieur Maroon

I worry about Toby, I am hoping he’ll adapt / improve, but looks the weak link to me.  You’d be picking him out if you were the opposing team.  Got roasted in the first half by their number 7.  

I know he did a good job in midfield for those couple of games in his first stint but I really can’t see how anyone would consider playing him there based on what we’ve seen since he rejoined.

I think the middle man in a back 3 is his best position if playing three at the back. He’s not dominating enough to be the RCB but he does have good pace and can read the game. He’s a strange one as sometimes he can be really

good on the ball and very composed, I think this is the problem though as he can just be far too casual at times. 

got better as game went on. Really want him to do well, just needs to do the simple things and get a bit nastier I think for a centre back 

ooh-aah-cantona

Sibbick was definitely poor first half but not the worst player on show in the first 45 minutes. That was Atkinson.

He had a better 2nd 45 but I don’t know what it is with him and the right sided centre half position of a 3; is it him being too casual or is he just lacking in confidence when played there? 

He won’t be first choice there by the end of the transfer window, that’s for sure. The question is, where do you play him - centre of a back 3 (back up to Halkett) or in centre midfield as a replacement for Haring?

Captain Lithuania

Toby had a good game today overall. Nobody done themselves any favours for the first 30/40 minutes. He has all the physical attributes to be successful in our league. Got to remember he is still very young especially for a centre back. 

I’d say he’ll come good but he is good. He starts for any other team in the league outside the cheeks but he’ll grow in to a very good player and will make us some decent money in the future. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Toby Sibbick ( merged )