• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

You mean Milan to Florence ?

Get the high speed train.  Just buy the ticket in Milan on the day, tons of trains, ticket machines are in English. 

https://www.thetrainline.com/en/train-times/milan-to-florence

Perfect buddy, thanks for this. Appreciated. You know roughly how much a return from Milan to Florence would be?

jambo-in-furness

Me and the missus out Monday from Manchester, back on the Friday,  Hotel Paris, 4 nights b&b. £1200

All I need now are match tickets.

Jet2 citybreak btw 

Edited by jambo-in-furness

4 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Perfect buddy, thanks for this. Appreciated. You know roughly how much a return from Milan to Florence would be?

They're about €40 for the cheapest but definitely book in advance, I tried to buy at Milan Central and got stung for €100 premium ticket as it was almost fully booked.

https://www.italotreno.it/en

The train from the airport to Milan central was about €10 from what I can remember, no need to pre-book that

Finally sorted

Easy Jet to London from Inverness on 12th and return 15th £75 each

Last Minute.com London - Florence return £111 each 

Now accommodation to look at 😁

I'm on the Easy Jet flight to Milan that gets in at midnight on the Wednesday night. I take it, that's a night kicking around the airport until the first train in the morning?

Back direct to EDI from Florence on the Saturday morning.

SwindonJambo

As an aside, the away end looks bloody awful here! Look at that ridiculously tall  fence around it!

Top left corner of image in case it isn't obvious. 

artemiofranchi.jpg

Edited by SwindonJambo

Just now, SwindonJambo said:

As an aside, the away end looks bloody awful here! Look at that ridiculously tall  fence around it!

artemiofranchi.jpg

Won't matter when Shankland does a Beattie round the back of goals and runs right up to the travelling Jambos!

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

Went on Expedia.  Edinburgh to Florence via Paris (AIr France) and back via Amsterdam (KLM).  Good flight times about £400.  No faffing about between Italian cities.

Yes, booked Edin to Florence via London City return. Similar price, good flight times. 

1 hour ago, Official_AB said:

Based on flights out on Wednesday and back Friday we would be looking at the following cost: 

Florence (Flying into Pisa as runway length in Florence is too short) - EUR 95,000 - EUR 105,000 
Riga - EUR 95,000 - EUR 105,000 
Istanbul - EUR 145,000 - EUR 155,000 

Airbus A320 / Boeing 737-800
180 / 189 Economy Class Seats 

Excluding passenger taxes - Approx. EUR 60 - 70 pp depending on location and ATOL Protection (GBP 10 pp) 

Please let me know if these costs are suitable and I can provide confirmed options and availability for the specific fixtures 

Kind regards,

Austin Hall
Commercial Jets Executive 

thou

Prob four interested. 

periodictabledancer
24 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Assuming you take their equivalent of TGV  - which is more expensive but MUCH quicker , it shouldn't be much more than £25 each way  but it depends on the train time, and it could go higher , but not too much.

You can book tickets in advance but I've never bothered because of unpredictablity of flights recently.   

Have look here for example fares -  I havent linked to the Trenitalia website because I can't figure out the Fiorentina option (doesn't use Florence).  IIRC there's two stations in Floreince, you're going to S.M.N

https://www.raileurope.com/en/journey/milan-centrale-florence-s-m-n-mg96wy

Based on flights out on Wednesday and back Friday we would be looking at the following cost: 

Florence (Flying into Pisa as runway length in Florence is too short) - EUR 95,000 - EUR 105,000 

Excluding passenger taxes - Approx. EUR 60 - 70 pp depending on location and ATOL Protection (GBP 10 pp) 

Please let me know if these costs are suitable and I can provide confirmed options and availability for the specific fixtures 

Kind regards,

Austin Hall

thou

Do we know flight times/ expected cost PP for Florence? £600?

Edited by hughesie27

Fire_At_The_Disco

Kind regards,

Austin Hall

thou

Be interested for 2 people Pisa👍

Anyone flying in to Bologna the shuttle is just outside arrivals which will take you to the train station and on to Florence Central. 45 minutes 

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, poultry said:

Anyone flying in to Bologna the shuttle is just outside arrivals which will take you to the train station and on to Florence Central. 45 minutes 

There's a monorail option that takes you right into the main station (only takes 10 minutes) but if there's 2 or 3 take a cab and save quite a bit. Airport is very close to city centre. 

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Going to do Italy for a week 9th to 16th fly to Milan just to decide where to stay .

Stay a couple of nights in Florence (it's incredible) maybe 3 - also visit Sienna  , easy day trip on the train. Pisa is close too. 

5 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

There's a monorail option that takes you right into the main station (only takes 10 minutes) but if there's 2 or 3 take a cab and save quite a bit. Airport is very close to city centre. 

👍

periodictabledancer
11 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

How easy is Pisa Airport to Florence by train ?

The bus between Pisa Airport and the main railway station of Pisa has been replaced by the Pisa Mover in March 2017. The fully automated electric people mover now offers a direct connection between Pisa Airport and the train station of Pisa. The monorail takes travellers in 5 minutes from the airport to the city. Pisa Mover runs in both directions every 5 to 10 minutes between 08:00 hours and 21:00 hours, and every 15 minutes from 06:00 hours to 08:00 hours and from 21:00 hours to 00:00 hours. Halfway the route is a stop (San Giusto Aurelia) at the location of two major parking lots. Tickets cost € 5.00 for a single trip and € 10.00 for a return ticket, available from one of the four ticket machines at Pisa Airport. The total cost of the Pisa Mover construction was 71 million euros, of which 21 million euros funded by the European Union.

The train station of Pisa is situated 1 kilometre south of the city centre, you can either walk or take a bus/taxi to the centre of Pisa. From the central station Pisa Centrale, a train to Florence departs three times an hour. Train tickets can be bought online for € 8.70 one way. The train ride to and from the main railway station of Florence (Firenze S.M. Novella) takes an hour on average.

16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Do we know flight times/ expected cost PP for Florence? £600?

Looks like it. If it's say €105,000 for the flights you're looking at around £600pp including taxes etc.

Still much cheaper booking direct and making your own way. 

ToadKiller Dog
13 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Stay a couple of nights in Florence (it's incredible) maybe 3 - also visit Sienna  , easy day trip on the train. Pisa is close too. 

Have done Milan Verons and the lakes before,Malcesine is where I would retire if I was wealthy enough .

Yeah think I will split between Florence and Milan.and a few trips 

Flying to Rome on the Wednesday, train to Florence on the Thursday, stay there after the game and flying home from Bologna on the Friday 

Booked Hu Firenze camping in town Florence which has chalets that sleep up to 5 people for £240 for 3 nights. It’s a 8 minute drive from the stadium and has shuttle buses into the centre.

Always fancied seeing this wonderful city and its sights, so I’m taking a holiday for the whole week and staying there. Just need the ticket now…

Ryanair from Liverpool to Rome on the 13th leaving at 06:45 in the morning.

Train to Florence from Rome and staying in hotel in city centre for 1 night.

Day in rome on the Friday and fly back to Liverpool Friday night.

Cant wait so excited.

1 hour ago, poultry said:

Says this page not available, mate

Ah, thanks for pointing out.

it’s Flying Start Travel (my mother in law’s business 😄)

♥️ 🤍 🇮🇹 

♥️ Heart of Midlothian v Fiorentina
         ️Europa Conference League
                 🇮🇹Limited Availability

♥️ 12 October 2022 
♥️ Best Western CHC Florence
♥️ 2 nights
♥️Room only
♥️ Only 5 miles from stadium
♥️ 9 mins walk for tram to city centre

️ From £55pp (based on 4 sharing) 
️From £65pp (based on 3 sharing)
️From £89pp (based on 2 sharing)
️Total Price for 2 nights!! 

🌟☎ CALL or MESSAGE US NOW TO BOOK!! 📞 01875 823140 🌟

#hmfc #heartofmidlothian #europaconferenceleague #florence #jambos #jamboskickback

Captain Lithuania

Flying in and out of Milan on 12th returning 14th, staying one night in Milan and travelling to Florence and staying there on the day of the game. Travelling back the day after. 

5 hours ago, Sertse said:

Hotels don't come cheap in Florence do they!

Booked a night for me and my two boys under £60 in town centre as well.

1 hour ago, ayeken said:

Might be best to get hotel in city centre, that’s where most fans will be I’d think. 40 min walk from city centre to stadium. 

29 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

How easy is it to get back to Bologna after the game? Booked on the early direct flight on Friday back to Edinburgh.

40 min walk back to station then 40 mins on train I think.  Early ko helps you out. 

Booked flights through Sky Scanner via a site called Kiwi.com at 9am this morning. Still showing as processing with funds taken from bank but no confirmation. Absolute nightmare!!

5 minutes ago, bradleyHMFC said:

Booked flights through Sky Scanner via a site called Kiwi.com at 9am this morning. Still showing as processing with funds taken from bank but no confirmation. Absolute nightmare!!

Was going to book through them for St Gallen but read reviews and decided to pay extra to buy on ryanair website instead

JudyJudyJudy
21 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Michelangelo's David in a Hearts' scarf plz.

I wouldn’t try that . There are armed army guys everywhere in Florence 

40 minutes ago, ayeken said:

Ah, thanks for pointing out.

it’s Flying Start Travel (my mother in law’s business 😄)

♥️ 🤍 🇮🇹 

♥️ Heart of Midlothian v Fiorentina
         ️Europa Conference League
                 🇮🇹Limited Availability

♥️ 12 October 2022 
♥️ Best Western CHC Florence
♥️ 2 nights
♥️Room only
♥️ Only 5 miles from stadium
♥️ 9 mins walk for tram to city centre

️ From £55pp (based on 4 sharing) 
️From £65pp (based on 3 sharing)
️From £89pp (based on 2 sharing)
️Total Price for 2 nights!! 

🌟☎ CALL or MESSAGE US NOW TO BOOK!! 📞 01875 823140 🌟

#hmfc #heartofmidlothian #europaconferenceleague #florence #jambos #jamboskickback

👍

23 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Was going to book through them for St Gallen but read reviews and decided to pay extra to buy on ryanair website instead

Wish I’d done the same mate 🤣🤣

RudiSkacel51

Direct flights on Gatwick to Florence £76 return Tuesday- Saturday on Kayak if anyone is still looking.

Judging by this thread we should be taking a pretty decent sized support to Florence.

Honestly when you think where we were as a club in recent times it's just great to see us back on this stage, where we belong.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***