Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boyces beard

Cant wait, multiple options for travel as well to keep the over all price down. Probably the least likely place to get a result but i reckon we will take more fans to Florence than Istanbul or Riga.ย 

Beautiful city but not the cheapest for accommodation. Don't worry if you can't get direct flights as the Italian rail network is excellent and cheap.ย 

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Beautiful city but not the cheapest for accommodation. Don't worry if you can't get direct flights as the Italian rail network is excellent and cheap.ย 

Flying to Milan or Rome is our plan.

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Is the OP a Police Officer or a Travel Agent.ย 

Maybe a bit of both ๐Ÿ˜

Iโ€™ve worked in both fields as it happens. Happily retired from bothย 

Edited by JimmyCant

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, invernessjt said:

Pisa is the best place to fly to for Florence.

Looking at flight times upwards of 7hrs from Edinburgh on the dates iโ€™m looking at due to connections etc. Easier to just fly Rome/Milan then train.

Ballitojambo

Thereโ€™s a fast train from Rome to Florence , 300kms an hour Wi-Fi etc, great trip , around 2 hours if memory serves.

32 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Michelangelo's David in a Hearts' scarf plz.

ย 

Reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago. Novelist (cannot remember who it was) had written a book but the publisher was worried that one of the main characters - who was called David - would be identifiable as a real person by that name - so he asked the writer to change the character's name. Writer then used the 'find and replace all' function in word and replaced all references to 'David' with 'Kevin'. Worked fine - except in one of the later chapters where the main character took his girlfriend on holiday "to Florence to see Michelangelo's famous statue of Kevin"!

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

You can get a flight to Bologna from Edinburgh then a train to Florence that takes 40 mins.ย 

Thursday matchdayย morning flight though. After reading on here about those on the Thursday Basel flight iโ€™d personally much rather go the day before.

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Looking at flight times upwards of 7hrs from Edinburgh on the dates iโ€™m looking at due to connections etc. Easier to just fly Rome/Milan then train.

Ok. I've always been Inverness to Gatwick then onto Pisa for Florence. If there's flights to Bologna from Edinburgh then go for that. The train links from Bologna or top notch.

4 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

Thereโ€™s a fast train from Rome to Florence , 300kms an hour Wi-Fi etc, great trip , around 2 hours if memory serves.

ย 

Very regular highspeed trains from Rome to Florence known as the Frecciarossa (means Red Arrow). Train takes an hour and a half from Roma Termini to Firenze Santa Maria Novella. I've taken that train many times and it's generally fine (albeit last time the carriage I was meant to be on was missing so had to find a seat in another carriage!)

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Having lived in italia for 3 years I can recommend a super cheap option of Ryanair into bergamo, then a flixbus outside the airport to Florence for around ยฃ26. That can go cheaper if booked in advance obviously.ย 

ย 

The flixbus is either a 5 or 7 hour journey,but it's very comfortable, has all the trimmings WiFi,air con charging ports etc.ย 

ย 

I'll be using this route if I decide to go.ย 

ย 

*side note you can indulge in a few cans on a flixbus in italia and I have done so many a time in the past hahaha

ย 

Edited by Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Perth to Paisley
28 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Flying to Milan or Rome is our plan.

Rome is miles away - fast train though

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Rome is miles away - fast train though

Yeah thats the ย plan. Into Rome onto the fast train. We were on train from Basel - St Gallen for 2 hours and this one only 1 and a half iโ€™ve read so not bad.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

24 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Iโ€™ve worked in both fields as it happens. Happily retired from bothย 

Good bit of detective work by me ๐Ÿ‘

Having used Milan Bergamo for the Zurich game - at very reasonable prices - think this will again be the preferred option for us getting to Florence.ย 

For anyone travelling via Rome, there are two main airports in Rome: Fiumicino (also known as Leonardo da Vinci) and Ciampino. Ryanair flights arrive into Ciampino. Fiumicino has a direct train link to the main station in Rome (Roma Termini). From Ciampino you can either get a bus directly to Rome city centre or alternatively you can get a short bus ride to Cinecitta metro station and take the metro into Termini station. There is also a train station in the town of Ciampino but it's around a 15 minute bus ride from the airport and the traffic can be bad.

ย 

I would advise against getting taxis unless you are happy to spend a lot of money.

ย 

For those travelling via Pisa Airport (also known as Galileo Galileo Airport), a couple of years since I was last there, but there's a very short light-rail trip into the main station in Pisa and then regular trains to Florence.

ย 

For anyone travelling Easyjet to Milan Malpensa, there's a train station at the Malpensa and regular trains into Milan - but you want to go to Milano Centrale rather than Milano Cadorna. Then very regular high speed trains to Florence (takes around 2 hours).

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

You can get a flight to Bologna from Edinburgh then a train to Florence that takes 40 mins.ย 

That would be my choice.ย 

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

That would be my choice.ย 

Mine too if the flight wasn't on matchday, too much of a risk. Its worth the extra travel coming the day before to Rome or Milan then getting the train.

The Real Maroonblood

I see on the Hearts website Fiorentina are described as Italian giants.:10900:

It reminds of the time we played Bologna and Wallace Mercer said the same about them.

Anyone know how many tickets weโ€™re likely to get for this? Know Zurich went to general sale but imagine a lot more folk will be wanting to go to this.ย 

At the Italian end, apart from Florence airport, Pisa is probably the easiest and cheapest option as it's an 8 minute train ride from the airport to Pisa Centrale and then an hour to Florence with prices starting at 14 Euros single.

ย 

Quite a few Ryanair flights from Stansted to Pisa so that might be a good option.

ย 

ย 

21 minutes ago, stirlo said:

At the Italian end, apart from Florence airport, Pisa is probably the easiest and cheapest option as it's an 8 minute train ride from the airport to Pisa Centrale and then an hour to Florence with prices starting at 14 Euros single.

ย 

Quite a few Ryanair flights from Stansted to Pisa so that might be a good option.

ย 

ย 

The last time I was on that train it was like something from the 1980s football specials.

I am really keen on this one. Great opportunity to see Hearts in an amazing city and plenty of options for travel. Such a welcome change from playing the likes of Motherwell four times a season!!!

1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Shit draw for us Istanbul no thanks Riga 2500 stadium struggle for tickets fiorentina best option but expensiveย 

RFS will play at Skonto's ground, that's where they played Linfield.ย  Tickets will be fine.ย 

The Real Maroonblood

Fiorentina would be ideal for me if Hearts ran a charter flight like they did to Bordeaux.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, Zaba said:

Been told that flying to Rome and travelling to Florence is a nightmare.

It's a cinch. Regular high speed trains (3 or 4 every hour). About ยฃ40 return. Have been on that train loads of times to/from Bologna.ย 

30 minutes ago, stirlo said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The last time I was on that train it was like something from the 1980s football specials.

Done that journey a few times.

Nothing bad about it .ย 
If you can get Pisa, do it !

3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

RFS will play at Skonto's ground, that's where they played Linfield.ย  Tickets will be fine.ย 

Hopefully 9500 max be interested to see how many tickets we get

Just now, Boab said:

ย 

Done that journey a few times.

Nothing bad about it .ย 
If you can get Pisa, do it !

It wasnโ€™t a complaint just an observation. This is the one tie I really wanted, actually said it before the draw on the other thread. Iโ€™ve got family in Italy so Iโ€™ll be combining the game with a visit to the relatives if the dates work out ok.๐Ÿคžย 

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It wasnโ€™t a complaint just an observation. This is the one tie I really wanted, actually said it before the draw on the other thread. Iโ€™ve got family in Italy so Iโ€™ll be combining the game with a visit to the relatives if the dates work out ok.๐Ÿคžย 

Spiacente ! as they say in the Chianti !

Written word can be misconstrued sometimes !

The Hogfather
43 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

Anyone know how many tickets weโ€™re likely to get for this? Know Zurich went to general sale but imagine a lot more folk will be wanting to go to this.ย 

ย 

14 minutes ago, Oneneilberry said:

Any idea what kind of allocation we'd get?

Pretty sure the UEFA rule is at least 5% of the total capacity. That would give us an allocation of about 2,157.ย 

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Spiacente ! as they say in the Chianti !

Written word can be misconstrued sometimes !

๐Ÿ‘ Add in that back in the day I used to love the Italian football on channel 4, Always remember batistuta when he was playing for Fiorentina. Been to a couple of Napoli games the atmosphere can be a bit special at times to say the least. I just say Maradona a lot and the jobs a good un ๐Ÿ˜‚

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

๐Ÿ‘ Add in that back in the day I used to love the Italian football on channel 4, Always remember batistuta when he was playing for Fiorentina. Been to a couple of Napoli games the atmosphere can be a bit special at times to say the least. I just say Maradona a lot and the jobs a good un ๐Ÿ˜‚

It will be a fabulous experience for anyone who hasn't been to Firenze !

Enjoy.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

It will be a fabulous experience for anyone who hasn't been to Firenze !

Enjoy.

ย 

Great place, we had our honeymoon in a Tuscan villa just outside the cityย 

heartsfc_fan

This would probably be the one I'd go to if I can. If dates fall kindly then I'd certainly consider it.

A wee half day in Pisa, then onto Florence. Looks lovely!

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***