***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***

JimmyCant

10 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Amazing trip, up there with the best atmosphere wise. Echo the shocking stories re access to the stadium. Took me 50 minutes to get in, just in time to see the ball being picked out the net at goal number 2. I think there came a stage where someone said enough was enough, get everyone in. Nobody checked my ticket or passport and a security guard asked to see in my bag. I unzipped it and he said, that's fine!

Let's be honest, the stadium was rubbish, although we had a lot of fun in what we christened the mosh pit.

Anyway, here's our photos. 

Lovely photos and memories that will live with me forever. To everyone I met on Friday night in the Tartan Jock  I am Andy Robertson 🤣

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Weonly151 said:

Lovely photos and memories that will live with me forever. To everyone I met on Friday night in the Tartan Jock  I am Andy Robertson 🤣

😂 Christ knows what my old man was on but that was hilarious. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Nucky Thompson
3 hours ago, Jibbers said:

Amazing trip but a couple of our group have come back with Covid. 🤢

That's what happened to most of us coming back from Riga.

At least I know I'll be ok this time as it's too soon to catch it again :biggrin2:

Alas all good things cone to an end! Tomorrow I’m heading home! What a great trip, it’s up there with the best!

But now it’s decision time! Head up to Edinburgh for the Riga game and then to Istanbul for the full group set??

🇱🇻 🇮🇹  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇹🇷 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Alas all good things cone to an end! Tomorrow I’m heading home! What a great trip, it’s up there with the best!

But now it’s decision time! Head up to Edinburgh for the Riga game and then to Istanbul for the full group set??

🇱🇻 🇮🇹  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇹🇷 

Go for it. 😁

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 17/10/2022 at 11:06, Jibbers said:

Amazing trip but a couple of our group have come back with Covid. 🤢

Could be worse 👀

14 hours ago, Snedds76 said:

One of my vids from Red Garter Wed night 🇱🇻🇮🇹🍻

Quality. That went on for absolute ages!

Spotted myself by the stairs.

Clark Griswold
8 hours ago, graygo said:

My Google maps timeline confirms how  p̶i̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ lost I was on the Thursday 😄

Screenshot_20221019-011306-458.png

:lol: how many times did you cross that road 

55 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

:lol: how many times did you cross that road 

And why? 🤣 

Must be a glitch, at least that's what I'm telling myself. It also shows I got public transport to the stadium but I'm pretty sure I didn't. 😄

Screenshot_20221019-110221-213.png

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Quality. That went on for absolute ages!

Spotted myself by the stairs.

Aye it was absolutely immense... The stairs I fell down that night... My back is fecked 😭

Has anyone else had issues with Vivaticket since the game? Like so many others I bought two tickets for the home end, MAE, then on Friday as I was waiting at Pisa airport for the flight home I got three emails in quick succession from Vivaticket saying someone was trying to change the password on my account. The email's had links to their 'website' which I didn't trust so I went through Google to their official website on my phone but I couldn't translate it nor find an english language version and couldn't access their help centre. I put a block on my credit card I'd used to buy the tickets, just wondering if anyone else had had any issues. 

1 hour ago, Snedds76 said:

Aye it was absolutely immense... The stairs I fell down that night... My back is fecked 😭

Mate if you didn't fall down those stairs were you even in the Red Garter :lol:

There was a boy in a navy polo stood next to me on the stairs, must have fell at least 10 times...I hope he's on here :rofl:

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Mate if you didn't fall down those stairs were you even in the Red Garter :lol:

There was a boy in a navy polo stood next to me on the stairs, must have fell at least 10 times...I hope he's on here :rofl:

Very true... It was only the fact I was rubber it saved me from breaking something I think... I would do it all again though cos it was some time 😁🇮🇹🇱🇻🍻

Just now, Snedds76 said:

Very true... It was only the fact I was rubber it saved me from breaking something I think, grabbed a lads t-shirt on the way down and then gave him 20 euro on my way back up as it was fecked 😬... I would do it all again though cos it was some time 😁🇮🇹🇱🇻🍻

6 hours ago, Macros said:

Has anyone else had issues with Vivaticket since the game? Like so many others I bought two tickets for the home end, MAE, then on Friday as I was waiting at Pisa airport for the flight home I got three emails in quick succession from Vivaticket saying someone was trying to change the password on my account. The email's had links to their 'website' which I didn't trust so I went through Google to their official website on my phone but I couldn't translate it nor find an english language version and couldn't access their help centre. I put a block on my credit card I'd used to buy the tickets, just wondering if anyone else had had any issues. 

Had no issues myself. But have deleted my account anyway. 
On a mobile, click top left (3 lines). Then you can change language by clicking the flag. 
Then it’s fairly easy to log in to delete the account. 

jack D and coke
On 17/10/2022 at 08:18, planetjamie said:

Best atmosphere at a match and the square was wild, well done jambos!!

Superb video man it was magnificent in that square last week🇱🇻😍

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone here fly to Italy but get the train to Florence?

Thinking of going to Italy later this year then visiting different cities but want to try and avoid getting ripped off for train tickets. 

Are there any websites anyone would recommend or certain tickets to get? I've read here the trains in Italy are very good and not very expensive.

38 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Thinking of going to Italy later this year then visiting different cities but want to try and avoid getting ripped off for train tickets. 

Are there any websites anyone would recommend or certain tickets to get? I've read here the trains in Italy are very good and not very expensive.

Omio

Travelled from Bologna to Florence and back mate, used the company Italo and found it no hassle at all

Chaka Demus & pliers
36 minutes ago, Sertse said:

There'll be loads more detail in this thread but trains in Italy are great conpared to here. Buy in advance for cheaper prices if going from city to city.

Don't miss your train or you'll end up playing twice (as I did!).

Don't jump on a train without checking it's going in the right direction (as Sooperstar did!)

https://www.trenitalia.com/it.html

https://www.italotreno.it/en

9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Omio

Travelled from Bologna to Florence and back mate, used the company Italo and found it no hassle at all

I done the same, train from Bologna is about 45 from Florence and right at the airport. Or you could fly to Piza, we got the train to Piza from Florence when we flew home and it took about an hour. 

Bolognia to Florence and back again for us. We didn't book a ticket going as we didn't know how long it would take to get to the train station once the plane landed so did it on a ticket machine at the time. We got the very fast Italo train but as there weren't any economy seats available at the last minute had to go first class in a nice big comfy leather seat. I think it cost about 40 euro each but I booked the return on the Italo app and got cheaper seats for 20 euro each. It was dead easy and if booking even a few days in advance you should have a choice of tickets. From memory it's cheaper still if you go on the regional and much slower trains. 

AC Mallin_51

Did Rome to Florence was about £50 return. Only about 90 minutes and the trains are very comfortable 

49 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Omio

Can second this. I flew Edinburgh- Heathrow - Bologna and the trained it down to Florence. I downloaded the Italo train app and booked everything from my phone. Very easy to use and compared to the UK I thought the trains were good value for money. 

It’s on my bucket list to go back to Bologna and Florence and this time just to be a tourist. Don’t think I seen anything of note other than the bars in the vicinity 

CornhillHearts

We did Milan to Florence, Florence to Bologna on the way back. Trains were excellent, from memory it was 2 hours and 1 hour ish respectively. Costs below I just used train line app. 

Screenshot_20230627_215437.jpg

Yeah we also flew to Rome and got the train into Florence. Just back from Italy in the summer too and used trains a lot. We always look on the Trainline and compare the best prices and times then just book via them. Never had any problems with the trains, always clean, always on time too 👍🏻

CornhillHearts
Just now, CornhillHearts said:

We did Milan to Florence, Florence to Bologna on the way back. Trains were excellent, from memory it was 2 hours and 1 hour ish respectively. Costs below I just used train line app. 

Screenshot_20230627_215437.jpg

Cost for 2 

Dalstonjambo
10 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Did Rome to Florence was about £50 return. Only about 90 minutes and the trains are very comfortable 

Did the same. Was absolutely fine. cheaper and easier than a train in the UK. 

Good story on that. I normally go to games with my Dad but he couldn’t come as my sister was due to give birth the day of the game. Managed to convince my wife to come. With one big caveat. Her favourite city is rome so we agreed a day in Rome before, train to florence the day of the game and train back the day after with a night flight home to London so we had another day in Rome.

Came out of Roma Termini about 11am the day before the game off an airport train. First 4 people we saw, 4 boys in maroon bucket hats with carry outs, singing the hearts song. Wife turned to me, horrified. 

I can’t even begin to explain her face when she got off the train in Florence the next day. 

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

Flew in to & out of Pisa. Got the train to Florence and back. 

It took about an hour & I think it was about €10 each way. 

2 hours ago, iainmac said:

Flew in to & out of Pisa. Got the train to Florence and back. 

It took about an hour & I think it was about €10 each way. 

Oap prices

AC Mallin_51
8 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Did the same. Was absolutely fine. cheaper and easier than a train in the UK. 

Good story on that. I normally go to games with my Dad but he couldn’t come as my sister was due to give birth the day of the game. Managed to convince my wife to come. With one big caveat. Her favourite city is rome so we agreed a day in Rome before, train to florence the day of the game and train back the day after with a night flight home to London so we had another day in Rome.

Came out of Roma Termini about 11am the day before the game off an airport train. First 4 people we saw, 4 boys in maroon bucket hats with carry outs, singing the hearts song. Wife turned to me, horrified. 

I can’t even begin to explain her face when she got off the train in Florence the next day. 

Is she still your wife? 😂

10 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Can second this. I flew Edinburgh- Heathrow - Bologna and the trained it down to Florence. I downloaded the Italo train app and booked everything from my phone. Very easy to use and compared to the UK I thought the trains were good value for money. 

It’s on my bucket list to go back to Bologna and Florence and this time just to be a tourist. Don’t think I seen anything of note other than the bars in the vicinity 

Same as us.....just checked the email receipts and our trains were booked a week in advance and were £38 return for 2 of us

Little monorail from Bologna airport to train station then fast - clean - efficient train down to centre of Florence

We also want to go back to do a proper tourist trail..

ToadKiller Dog

Only thing to watch out for is rail strikes if connecting from regional to cross country trains .

Regional was on strike in Milian when I landed .

But in all the times I've been to Italy the trains are generally pretty good .

We flew to Milan and got the Train to Florence and back. 

One thing to note is that the "Business" class or first class sections are usually cheaper than normal tickets if booked slightly in advance. Well worth the money. We travelled in leather reclining armchairs with free drinks and snacks. 

Booked through trainline going there and then booked the return through the official site "italotreno.it"

Dalstonjambo
2 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Is she still your wife? 😂

She is. Was made clear to her from day one.  HMFC were there before her and that’s not negotiable. 

However she probably won’t be coming to Europe again. A relief on all sides. 

2 hours ago, moz said:

Same as us.....just checked the email receipts and our trains were booked a week in advance and were £38 return for 2 of us

Little monorail from Bologna airport to train station then fast - clean - efficient train down to centre of Florence

We also want to go back to do a proper tourist trail..

There was a few jambos on the same route from Edinburgh to Florence both there and back. There’s every chance we were qn the same connections. Always good to meet fellow jambos in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

She is. Was made clear to her from day one.  HMFC were there before her and that’s not negotiable. 

However she probably won’t be coming to Europe again. A relief on all sides. 

I was the same, went with the wife for 5 days and told her that we would spend 3 of the days doing tourist stuff. Ended up a 4 day piss up. She wasn't too pleased 😫

Peakybunnet
14 hours ago, Sertse said:

We flew to Venice and got the train down. Cheap as chips and dead on time. 

IMG_2751.jpeg

15 hours ago, Sertse said:

Italian rail network is excellent, have used it to go Treviso -> Venice in 2019 & Pisa -> Florence for the game & had no problems either time. For both just paid at the ticket booths as it was the same cost as booking in advance for the regular regional trains - I don't know if the cross country bullet trains are the same.

15 hours ago, Sertse said:

I went up to Venice for a few days after the match (to recover!). Was flying home from Bologna, so got the train back down. Journey of just over two hours on the train. Booked a day in advance. Over-60s ticket was €12.50.