***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***

JimmyCant

gorgierulesapply88
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Reads like someone has gone off the rails. 🙃

That's the problem with Twitter and places like here, people hiding behind alias' but wouldn't say boo to your face.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, richiehmfc said:

I spent a day in Bologna a couple of years back and went to Bologna v Inter. It’s well worth a few hours looking around. It’s a lovely city. 

I think we might be on the same flight back too if that’s the one to Heathrow 

Great, yes it’s the Heathrow one mate, then back up to Glasgow……see you there ! 😀🇵🇪

Arthur Morgan
28 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

That's the problem with Twitter and places like here, people hiding behind alias' but wouldn't say boo to your face.

You're Raymie, aren't you? 😏

Into Pisa on the Sunday night from Edinburgh, short stay in Barga before Florence, then Bologna to Glasgow on the Friday night. 

Still flights on the sunday night Pisa flight for under £100 an hour or two ago. Means a full week off work but there’s worse places to spend your annual leave than Tuscany. 

Just now, Toggie88 said:

Into Pisa on the Sunday night from Edinburgh, short stay in Barga before Florence, then Bologna to Glasgow on the Friday night. 

Still flights on the sunday night Pisa flight for under £100 an hour or two ago. Means a full week off work but there’s worse places to spend your annual leave than Tuscany. 

You're going to Barga for the Fish and Chips eh 😋

On 26/08/2022 at 21:41, soonbe110 said:

40,000 capacity so we get a minimum of 5% or 2,000. Plenty. 

23 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Their average attendance was 21k last year. I reckon everyone travelling will get a ticket

I think we might struggle. Just a quick look at Google and you see all the away fans crammed into a small section while the rest of the stand is empty. Pretty sure they are solid on their stance in regards to segregation due to fan trouble 

Away fans are treated like shite in Italy. 

Be prepared for what feels like unnecessary searches and the odd baton to the legs.

2 minutes ago, Wee Andy said:

I think we might struggle. Just a quick look at Google and you see all the away fans crammed into a small section while the rest of the stand is empty. Pretty sure they are solid on their stance in regards to segregation due to fan trouble 

Think it was confirmed the away section is around 2200 so should be fine.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Think it was confirmed the away section is around 2200 so should be fine.

Think I've seen 3000 individuals posting about going 🤣. Seems like the popular choice. Buzzing

2 minutes ago, Wee Andy said:

Think I've seen 3000 individuals posting about going 🤣. Seems like the popular choice. Buzzing

😁

7 minutes ago, Wee Andy said:

It’s good to be ‘buzzing’ Andy.

2 hours ago, Chevy Chase said:

Exactly the same for me and my gang, mate 👍🏻

Can’t wait!

🇱🇻

See you in weatherspoons mate 

was just saying earlier to my mate in the excitement of getting flights sorted we missed the trick to stay in Amsterdam on the Friday night 

2 hours ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Have you heard anything back yet? I have a similar issue with travelup, again via skyscannner. Basically said that it’s due to seats being bought at the exact same time. I called them up and they said that it was just their payment authorisation process but the  booking should go through ok. I’m not convinced though. 

Still nothing back mate. Fingers crossed. Worst comes to worst I’ll just need to re book another route - likely to be a fair bit more pricey than what it was this morning though!

15 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

You're going to Barga for the Fish and Chips eh 😋

I wish! Think the festival ends in August.

14 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

See you in weatherspoons mate 

was just saying earlier to my mate in the excitement of getting flights sorted we missed the trick to stay in Amsterdam on the Friday night 

Time do you get into Amsterdam on way home, mate?

We fly from Florence at 11:45 arriving in Amsterdam at 2 ish…..but don’t fly to Edinburgh until 19:30ish.

I’m sure we’ll get by 🍺 👍🏻

5 hours ago, Mac80 said:

Think the stadium holds 43k

5 hours ago, stirlo said:

I would hope that everyone who wants one gets one. It looks like more are travelling to Florence than Riga - but there will still be a fair few folk who travel to Riga but don't go to Florence. 

Here's hoping I get a ticket, so.  :hae36: 

On the EasyJet flight to Pisa via London. Wednesday to Friday. Buzzing for it.

Having been to a few Italian games I can’t see there being much of an issue getting tickets. They rarely even get close to a sellout.

16 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

Time do you get into Amsterdam on way home, mate?

We fly from Florence at 11:45 arriving in Amsterdam at 2 ish…..but don’t fly to Edinburgh until 19:30ish.

I’m sure we’ll get by 🍺 👍🏻

Not going back till 17:40 from Florence To Amsterdam mate so we will have a few beers Friday in Florence 

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Away fans are treated like shite in Italy. 

Be prepared for what feels like unnecessary searches and the odd baton to the legs.

A bit like Glasgow then.

1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

Lucky man, beautiful wee part of Scotland that. 👍

1 minute ago, bean counter said:

Thats us booked

Wed   Edin - Gatwick - Pisa

Friday   Milan - Dublin - Edin on the way back

DUB-CIA-train to Florence Tue

Train Florence-CIA-DUB Fri

(I don't need to do the leg to EDI)

29 minutes ago, Jamborose said:

Not going back till 17:40 from Florence To Amsterdam mate so we will have a few beers Friday in Florence 

Sounds like we’re on the same flight back to Edinburgh 👍🏻

I’ll be the one getting carried onto the plane 😂

Theme From Sparta F.C.
5 hours ago, Old Pivotonian said:

Spent the entire day on this. So, Wednesday morning train to Manchester. Flight to Milan. Overnight stay. Morning train to Florence. HMFC win, then Train to Pisa on Friday morning. Flight back to Manchester. Train back.  Pivot here, Pivot there... etc.  Meanwhile, hibs in portobelly.  

TPE have been cutting back most of their services on a daily basis between Edinburgh-Man Apt and a lot are cancelled via Newcastle to Man Apt.

This is due to severe staff shortages.

They've terminated Southbound trains at Carlisle, Lancaster, Preston. Or they've been cancelled throughout.

Avanti West Coast also have staff shortages and are prone to cancellations.

But TPE are worse, and have been very unreliable for the last 3 months.

Leave yourself plenty of time to get to Manchester and have a plan B up your sleeve incase of cancellations.

Trains, Flights and Hotels Booked.

12th Train to Manchester Airport

Flight to Milan(Bergamo)

Stay in Bergamo at the B&B Hotel Bergamo

13th Travel to Florence(Probably train)

Stay in Hotel Corolle

14th Travel To Bergamo 

Flight to Manchester

Train back to Edinburgh

About a grand so far for the 3 of us! 

Just hope we can get tickets now!!!

Rudi cant fail
7 hours ago, bradleyHMFC said:

Still nothing back mate. Fingers crossed. Worst comes to worst I’ll just need to re book another route - likely to be a fair bit more pricey than what it was this morning though!

Fingers crossed mate, I just got an email from the company saying this so back to the drawing board “Dear, Passenger,

Please be advised by the time your payment was verified the fares were withdrawn due to which we are unable to issue your tickets.

We will now be refunding the whole amount back on the same card and you will receive that in 3-5 working days.

Kindly acknowledge us back that you have received the email so that the refund could be processed.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused.

What is the chances of everyone getting a ticket? Two of us booked, one a season ticket holder and the other a non season ticket holder…

7 of us going from Gatwick to Florence. 

Out on the Wednesday afternoon, back Friday afternoon. Train down to London, flight back. 

2 hours ago, Braminho said:

What is the chances of everyone getting a ticket? Two of us booked, one a season ticket holder and the other a non season ticket holder…

I think a lot of people are worrying incase they wont get a ticket but i would be surprised if we took more thank 2k over in my opinion. 

it does seem like a popular destination though. 

13 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

7 of us going from Gatwick to Florence. 

Out on the Wednesday afternoon, back Friday afternoon. Train down to London, flight back. 

Are you flying directly to Florence? We fly from Gatwick Wednesday afternoon but it's to Pisa.

11 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Are you flying directly to Florence? We fly from Gatwick Wednesday afternoon but it's to Pisa.

Yeah right to Florence with Vueling.

31 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Yeah right to Florence with Vueling.

Same, but I’m heading out on Thursday morning. Think there’s a tram into Florence from the airport. 

9 hours ago, graygo said:

Anybody still looking to go, this is a decent price at around £100 return.

Screenshot_20220827-234542.png

Booked similar, drive to Manchester from glasgow will be fun, but needs must!

3 hours ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Fingers crossed mate, I just got an email from the company saying this so back to the drawing board “Dear, Passenger,

Please be advised by the time your payment was verified the fares were withdrawn due to which we are unable to issue your tickets.

We will now be refunding the whole amount back on the same card and you will receive that in 3-5 working days.

Kindly acknowledge us back that you have received the email so that the refund could be processed.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused.

Sky scanner doing flights to Rome from Liverpool for £92 return leaving the Thursday early morning and back Friday evening we done that the train and hotel for about £130 per person.

Best of luck.

Edited by mellors1874

Quagmire1874

That's 6 of us heading out of Newcastle Wednesday 11:25 to Bologna via Paris. Arrives in Italy at 17:15.

Train to Florence.

Return Saturday - Bologna to Newcastle 13:00 via Amsterdam. Arrives back in Newcastle 16:15.

Sensible flight times with no stupid early rises. Booked through Skyscanner selecting eDreams. Cost of flights £223 each.

10 hours ago, bean counter said:

Thats us booked

Wed   Edin - Gatwick - Pisa

Friday   Milan - Dublin - Edin on the way back

Same as us. 6am from Edinburgh to Gatwick though, so an early start and a bit of a wait. 

BA flight out Tuesday back Friday. Edin-Heathrow-Bologna

then bullet train to Firenze and same on reverse. 

Most people making this their priority trip by the looks of it. 

14 hours ago, Mac80 said:

Have a look for Plus Florence Hostel. 

It has quadruple private rooms with private bathroom/shower for £229 (did when i reserved anyway)

A few of our crowd have booked here too.

Fire_At_The_Disco
9 hours ago, graygo said:

Anybody still looking to go, this is a decent price at around £100 return.

Screenshot_20220827-234542.png

Looks decent mate, did you get digs in Pisa or Florence alright? 

Edited by Fire_At_The_Disco

50 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Are folk booking their Italian trains in advance?

For the Frecciarossa from Rome to Florence or Milan to Florence you're better booking in advance to get the cheaper tickets.

Also the station you want is Firenze Santa Maria Novella.

That’s flights booked x2, can’t wait, I’ve always wanted to visit the beautiful city of Florence and to visit with the JT’s is a dream come true.

does anyone have enough knowledge of the city as to where we might meet for pre match drinks.

still to book a hotel so any tips welcome

2 minutes ago, kelosom said:

That’s flights booked x2, can’t wait, I’ve always wanted to visit the beautiful city of Florence and to visit with the JT’s is a dream come true.

does anyone have enough knowledge of the city as to where we might meet for pre match drinks.

still to book a hotel so any tips welcome

Florence is a fantastic city. I think my favourite spot in the city for a drink and a bite to eat is Piazza Santo Spirito - on the south side of the River Arno (the less touristy side). On the same side of the river also make sure you go up to Piazzale Michelangelo for a fantastic view of the city.

For those with time for a day trip, Siena is amazing (about an hour by train). 

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***