Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Spiv said:

Anyone know the away emd capacity,  tried searching but cant see any information on the away end

2500 in caged area according to there fans

5 minutes ago, Gorgie Spiv said:

Anyone know the away emd capacity,  tried searching but cant see any information on the away end

2200 according to a spurs fan.1302085860_Screenshot_20220827-162028_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5ff85ff8e2c96e7a4ed604fa8ba14536.jpg

18 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

2500 in caged area according to there fans

15 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

2200 according to a spurs fan.1302085860_Screenshot_20220827-162028_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5ff85ff8e2c96e7a4ed604fa8ba14536.jpg

Cheers.   Most us have over 100 loyalty points but 2x in 80s.     Rekon we should all get tickets okay

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Spiv said:

Cheers.   Most us have over 100 loyalty points but 2x in 80s.     Rekon we should all get tickets okay

I dont think we will take more than 2k over but it seems to be a popular destination 

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Edinburgh-Gatwick-Florence.

Wednesday-Saturday £224.

Hotel booked, can’t come quick enough 

Which airlines

27 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Judging by this thread we should be taking a pretty decent sized support to Florence.

Honestly when you think where we were as a club in recent times it's just great to see us back on this stage, where we belong.

It's great to see, but will there be enough tickets to meet demand?

11 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It's great to see, but will there be enough tickets to meet demand?

I would hope that everyone who wants one gets one. It looks like more are travelling to Florence than Riga - but there will still be a fair few folk who travel to Riga but don't go to Florence. 

ToadKiller Dog
3 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Think the stadium holds 43k

So 2.5k around about right , think everyone who wants one will be fine ,unless of course we are unbeaten going into the game 😆 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Telford_jambo123

People kicking off on  a hearts twitter page arguing about the efficiency of the Italian rail service 🙈🙈

Edited by Telford_jambo123
Missing words

periodictabledancer
7 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

People kicking off on  a hearts twitter page arguing about the efficiency of the Italian rail service 🙈🙈

Got a link , for the lolz ? 😁

3 hours ago, bradleyHMFC said:

Booked flights through Sky Scanner via a site called Kiwi.com at 9am this morning. Still showing as processing with funds taken from bank but no confirmation. Absolute nightmare!!

We used them for st gallen. All went smoothly so fingers crossed for you!

4 hours ago, poultry said:

Anyone flying in to Bologna the shuttle is just outside arrivals which will take you to the train station and on to Florence Central. 45 minutes 

I'm flying into Bologna on the Wednesday, flight from Dublin lands at 15.30. I checked for trains into Florence and says there's none. So I'm getting the airport bus which is 12euro and takes an hour. 

RichBTiscuits
4 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Booked Hu Firenze camping in town Florence which has chalets that sleep up to 5 people for £240 for 3 nights. It’s a 8 minute drive from the stadium and has shuttle buses into the centre.

See you there Yvonne! Just booked for me and Euan 👍

Just now, Weonly151 said:

I'm flying into Bologna on the Wednesday, flight from Dublin lands at 15.30. I checked for trains into Florence and says there's none. So I'm getting the airport bus which is 12euro and takes an hour. 

That sounds very reasonable. It's my mate who lives a few miles from there that passed on the info.

9 minutes ago, RichBTiscuits said:

See you there Yvonne! Just booked for me and Euan 👍

Yay 😁

periodictabledancer
19 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

Cheers. 🤣

For anyone going to Florence, Italy’s trains are notoriously shite. Delayed, cancelled or trains that just don’t turn up are a regular occurrence. So have a plan B if you’re tight for time just in case.

22 minutes ago, Weonly151 said:

We are into Bologna on Wednesday as well, no trains into Florence from Bologna??

21 minutes ago, Weonly151 said:

Theres loads mate. We arrive in Bologna around the same time as yourself and planning to get the train

C3D07DD7-F399-463A-9681-73B04D61B75B.png

59BE592B-4CD5-4BAA-B49E-FABEB2C59586.png

5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, booked Edin to Florence via London City return. Similar price, good flight times. 

You were quick off the mark mate, I was tracking that route but it was gone by the time I saw the fixtures.

periodictabledancer
24 minutes ago, Weonly151 said:

There's tons of trains that day , I just checked the Trenitalia website. . If you're searching in Italian it's "Firenze" you're looking for , SMN (Santa Maria Novella)

Bologna is on the Naples - Venice TGV route and there's around 3/4 trains an hour. 

Not sure what went wrong there. :confused:

periodictabledancer
6 minutes ago, moz said:

We are into Bologna on Wednesday as well, no trains into Florence from Bologna??

Incorrect.

Make sure you put Firenze and not Fiorentina into your search.

8 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Incorrect.

Make sure you put Firenze and not Fiorentina into your search.

Gotcha…cheers

will figure it on the day I guess….! 😀

Walter Bishop

Manchester to Rome 12th, Rome to Manchester 15th. Sorted eventually. 

Accommodation at the moment looking like safari tents :rofl:

Anyone know the temp in Florence in October ?

Just now, Jamborose said:

Edinburgh Amsterdam Florence for us out Wednesday back Friday 

Exactly the same for me and my gang, mate 👍🏻

Can’t wait!

🇱🇻

26 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Have a look for Plus Florence Hostel. 

It has quadruple private rooms with private bathroom/shower for £229 (did when i reserved anyway)

42 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

The temperature should be just fine for a night on a park bench.

Go for it!!!

https://www.holiday-weather.com/florence/averages/october/

Edited by Wee Mikey

Rudi cant fail
4 hours ago, bradleyHMFC said:

Booked flights through Sky Scanner via a site called Kiwi.com at 9am this morning. Still showing as processing with funds taken from bank but no confirmation. Absolute nightmare!!

Have you heard anything back yet? I have a similar issue with travelup, again via skyscannner. Basically said that it’s due to seats being bought at the exact same time. I called them up and they said that it was just their payment authorisation process but the  booking should go through ok. I’m not convinced though. 

Edinburgh to Bologna Wednesday night. Staying over Bologna for the night then early train to Florence on the Thursday and spend the night there. Train back to Bologna on the Friday. 

Just now, karipidis said:

Edinburgh to Bologna Wednesday night. Staying over Bologna for the night then early train to Florence on the Thursday and spend the night there. Train back to Bologna on the Friday. 

We are looking at a train leaving around 11am maybe, back to Bologna, then get a couple hours to see what we can there.....flight out of Bologna is 18.45

If anyone in the Highlands there are flights on the Tues night to Gatwick from Inverness for £4 with Easy jet. I just changed mine from Wednesday morning as they were to Luton and would be tight for time to get to Gatwick for flight to Florence in the afternoon. 

(Scottish/Glasgow based) Fiorentina fan here in peace! Will be coming to Tynecastle for match but happy to help/advise on any questions or recommendations Jambo's may have for visiting Florence, having contacts, lived/worked there and travelled to games over the years. Please let me know, Cheers. Stuart.

Pancakejambo

Booked up for the family - £8 for the flights for all of us.

Avios points been piling up due to a pandemic and no chance of foreign travel for 2 years. So they needed offloaded hence the paltry £8.

what better way to offload them than a ridiculous trip to Florence? and my wife isn’t even really that arsed about football (but she does like craig gordon in a slightly obsessive way which I think is why she’s approved this).

Eldest lad now badgering me to add a serie A game to the trip. youngest lad pretty pleased about the prospect of the train travel.

I’m more interested in the away game at Tony Macaroni though. love a trip to livi.

2 hours ago, Mac80 said:

Theres loads mate. We arrive in Bologna around the same time as yourself and planning to get the train

C3D07DD7-F399-463A-9681-73B04D61B75B.png

59BE592B-4CD5-4BAA-B49E-FABEB2C59586.png

Thanks for that mate. I'll definitely look into getting the train now. I'm Flying back the Sunday from Pisa but might just stay in Pisa Saturday night and have a day there

2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

There's tons of trains that day , I just checked the Trenitalia website. . If you're searching in Italian it's "Firenze" you're looking for , SMN (Santa Maria Novella)

Bologna is on the Naples - Venice TGV route and there's around 3/4 trains an hour. 

Not sure what went wrong there. :confused:

Thanks bud I'll definitely check the timetables again. 

beefybathgate

All booked, Edinburgh - Bologna
Thur 13th 07.05-10.40
Train to Florence and stay in Florence.

Fri 14th Train Florence to Pisa
Pisa - Stanstead 15.05-16.20
Stanstead- Edin 21.00-22.25

£220 all in 

Saturday and Sunday will be a write off 😁

By the looks of numbers I think tickets could be a real issue.

55 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

If anyone in the Highlands there are flights on the Tues night to Gatwick from Inverness for £4 with Easy jet. I just changed mine from Wednesday morning as they were to Luton and would be tight for time to get to Gatwick for flight to Florence in the afternoon. 

👍🏻

See the recent problems some had getting to Zurich (St Gallen) in time for kick off…..Travelling abroad on the day of the game always makes me nervous.

Old Pivotonian

Spent the entire day on this. So, Wednesday morning train to Manchester. Flight to Milan. Overnight stay. Morning train to Florence. HMFC win, then Train to Pisa on Friday morning. Flight back to Manchester. Train back.  Pivot here, Pivot there... etc.  Meanwhile, hibs in portobelly.  

1 hour ago, moz said:

We are looking at a train leaving around 11am maybe, back to Bologna, then get a couple hours to see what we can there.....flight out of Bologna is 18.45

I spent a day in Bologna a couple of years back and went to Bologna v Inter. It’s well worth a few hours looking around. It’s a lovely city. 

I think we might be on the same flight back too if that’s the one to Heathrow 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

Big Raymie who is a couple of cheeseburgers away from a heart episode getting angry when he's told how it is. 

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***