***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***

JimmyCant

8 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I just tried to book from Inverness to Florence via London but can’t as I’m waiting on new passport. I was hoping could still book but doesn’t look likely. 

I've never been asked for my passport details at the time of booking.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got booked, flight prices absolutely rocketed from when we first looked at half 8 this morning. Out to Pisa via London, back from Milan Malpensa via Dublin. About 250 all in including accommodation.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Booked early flight to Rome Thursday morning as was still cheap but bit worried about missing game if any delays etc. Might look at other options

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

Edinburgh to Turin for me Tues to Saturday, 3 hours on the train with a carry out. 

Same fir a group of us too. Buzzing 😍

1 hour ago, JamboCampbell said:

Booked Bologna 12th 6am back Friday!

buzzing!!!!

hotel district 1!

I looked at those ones. Was showing as 243 return. I then went to book just the outward to Bologna an hour later and it was over 400 for that alone.

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

You are better at scanning than me, I booked riga via Newcastle at 200 which is decent, flight times are good too

That was a mistype, it was £106 last night 😟

12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Got booked, flight prices absolutely rocketed from when we first looked at half 8 this morning. Out to Pisa via London, back from Milan Malpensa via Dublin. About 250 all in including accommodation.

Who did you book through? I did it on skyscanner and then through kiwi but can’t book as needs passport numbers 

Booked Manchester to Pisa via Vienna going on Wednesday. Pisa to Manchester via Brussels on Saturday. All in about £80.

That'll leave a few shekels for the digs. 👍🇵🇪

1 minute ago, yvonnejambo said:

Who did you book through? I did it on skyscanner and then through kiwi but can’t book as needs passport numbers 

Just direct with airlines. All it needed was names.

Boyces beard

Went for Newcastle to Milan 

Out 12th Oct 17.30-20.55

Return 15th Oct 23.25-00.30

£320 all in for 5 of us return......... £64 each return with Ryan Air

I was given this tip once and as far as I know it seems to work.

When browsing flights it is best to use "incognito" as it doesn't allow the algorithms that the airlines use to track the interest in flights and the more interest and bookings shown the more they bump up the prices.

Right, flights booked.....Junior and I are heading over...

Used some Avios points on BA so managed to get Glasgow-Heathrow-Bologna........for a grand total of £4 all in for both of us...!!

Screenshot 2022-08-27 103529.png

Edinburgh to. Bergamo on the Tuesday 

Bologna to Edinburgh Friday

Great flight times and direct - fast trains in Italy cheap as 

£249

44 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I just tried to book from Inverness to Florence via London but can’t as I’m waiting on new passport. I was hoping could still book but doesn’t look likely. 

We’re booked on the Inverness flight 🍻

16 hours ago, Braminho said:

Not a clue which way to travel so any help with this would be grand as it’s definitely Florence we’re going 

Fly to Pisa ( very cheap at the moment) . Bus to centre of Florence from airport takes about an hour. Centre of Florence means a 45 min walk to stadium. 

Went on Expedia.  Edinburgh to Florence via Paris (AIr France) and back via Amsterdam (KLM).  Good flight times about £400.  No faffing about between Italian cities.

2 minutes ago, munro9 said:

Fly to Pisa ( very cheap at the moment) . Bus to centre of Florence from airport takes about an hour. Centre of Florence means a 45 min walk to stadium. 

Some hostel type place. Plus Florence. 10 minute walk from the centre.

Booked Milan to Edinburgh 13 to the 15 through mytrip. All paid and have received itenary for ryanair flight but not had the confirmation email from mytrip yet. Anyone had experience with them before? Does say on the email it might take from a few mins to 12 hours for confirmation but just a bit nervous something will go wrong.

Nucky Thompson

Booked flights Edinburgh to Milan. Going out Tuesday, back Saturday.

Just booked on my jack jones because mates were undecided about time off, passports needed renewed etc.

No time to feck around.

£300 for the flights, need to sort my train and hotels.

I think I'll go for 3 nights in Florence and the Friday in Milan

Midloth_Iain
50 minutes ago, allyjambo said:

Edinburgh to Turin for me Tues to Saturday, 3 hours on the train with a carry out. 

9 of us on same route 😁

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Booked flights Edinburgh to Milan. Going out Tuesday, back Saturday.

Just booked on my jack jones because mates were undecided about time off, passports needed renewed etc.

No time to feck around.

£300 for the flights, need to sort my train and hotels.

I think I'll go for 3 nights in Florence and the Friday in Milan

AC Milan play Chelsea on the Tuesday (9pm local time) at the San Siro.

Booked Edinburgh to Florence via Paris. 6am flight and a 7 hour stop over in Paris going out, 4 hours coming back on the Saturday, £284 on air France 

Nucky Thompson
23 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

AC Milan play Chelsea on the Tuesday (9pm local time) at the San Siro.

interesting.. Maybe I'll do Tuesday and Friday in Milan and Wednesday and Thursday in Florence 

Cheers

thehibsareintheirbeds

Hotel bijou near the station booked now too...plenty hotel options. Its going to be absolute carnage, cannot wait!

Just booked Edinburgh - Milan via Dublin, then Milan - Edinburgh via Gdansk. £180 each. Leave on Wed 12th, back on Fri 14th.

Anyone got any recommendations as to what to do from here??!!!

Based on flights out on Wednesday and back Friday we would be looking at the following cost: 

Florence (Flying into Pisa as runway length in Florence is too short) - EUR 95,000 - EUR 105,000 
Riga - EUR 95,000 - EUR 105,000 
Istanbul - EUR 145,000 - EUR 155,000 

Airbus A320 / Boeing 737-800
180 / 189 Economy Class Seats 

Excluding passenger taxes - Approx. EUR 60 - 70 pp depending on location and ATOL Protection (GBP 10 pp) 

Please let me know if these costs are suitable and I can provide confirmed options and availability for the specific fixtures 

Kind regards,

Austin Hall
Commercial Jets Executive 

thou

1 minute ago, Official_AB said:

Based on flights out on Wednesday and back Friday we would be looking at the following cost: 

Florence (Flying into Pisa as runway length in Florence is too short) - EUR 95,000 - EUR 105,000 

Excluding passenger taxes - Approx. EUR 60 - 70 pp depending on location and ATOL Protection (GBP 10 pp) 

Please let me know if these costs are suitable and I can provide confirmed options and availability for the specific fixtures 

Kind regards,

Austin Hall

thou

I'd be up for the Riga one if that went ahead.

59 minutes ago, Braminho said:

We’re booked on the Inverness flight 🍻

What day? I’ve got booked for Wed 12th 11.40 flight and return on Sat 12.25. Just having issues with booking the flight London to Florence now 😫

thehibsareintheirbeds
11 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I'd be up for the Riga one if that went ahead.

Me too...would be three of us, maybe more

4 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

What day? I’ve got booked for Wed 12th 11.40 flight and return on Sat 12.25. Just having issues with booking the flight London to Florence now 😫

Leaving Wednesday at 3pm to London then on to Florence, leaving Florence at 2pm on the Friday, back to London then home

21 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Hotel bijou near the station booked now too...plenty hotel options. Its going to be absolute carnage, cannot wait!

Looks like they are fully booked now for the Tuesday night...shame, would have booked there too....will keep looking

22 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Kind regards,

Austin Hall

thou

Interested x2

periodictabledancer
22 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just booked Edinburgh - Milan via Dublin, then Milan - Edinburgh via Gdansk. £180 each. Leave on Wed 12th, back on Fri 14th.

Anyone got any recommendations as to what to do from here??!!!

You mean Milan to Florence ?

Get the high speed train.  Just buy the ticket in Milan on the day, tons of trains, ticket machines are in English. 

https://www.thetrainline.com/en/train-times/milan-to-florence

I'm going Dublin to Bologna Wed - Sat 66 euros and 3 nights in 4 star hotel in Florence 375 euros. 

Lots of cheap options grom Dublin flying to pisa and Bologna if you can get a cheap enough flight over to Ireland. 

30 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Kind regards,

Austin Hall

thou

Interested for Riga....x2 [maybe up to 4 or 6 as well]

East Midlands to Pisa 12/10

Pisa to East Midlands 16/10

£199 for three of us but without a cabin bag and reserved seats was coming in at £40 per person incredibly. Five hour drive down but cheap as chips....

I'm not long back from Florence, which is a cracking city by the way, and did a fair bit of traveling around Italy.

I flew into Milan Malpensa and got the train down to Florence. Was incredibly easy - direct train from the airport into Milan Central and then bullet train down to Florence. I'd say one bit of advice would be book your Milan to Florence train ticket before - it'll be Italo Trains - as when I went the first train was fully booked and the next one only had the premium tickets left. 

But they were brand new trains, very comfortable, quick, clean etc etc.

As part of trips around we went from Florence down to Rome for a day and it was much of the same. Both easy journeys, no changes and the same train that comes from Milan then heads down to Rome.

Think I'll head to Istanbul as I'm just back from Florence but anyone going there will have a great time, it's incredible.

If anyone wants a Tuscany wine tour recommendation let me know ;)

David McCaig

Family of 4 driving down from Glasgow to Manchester:

06:00 Manchester to Pisa -Wednesday morning

3 nights (2 rooms)  in the Grand Adriatic - Florence City Centre

15:00 Pisa to Manchester - Saturday afternoon

£1400 all in (£375 per person)

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***