***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***

JimmyCant

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Can see us taking thousands to both Riga and Florence.

We might take a thousand singular.

It's not like Mallorca when about 4000 of us took package holidays to Magaluf/Palma Nova :biggrin2:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Stuart Jack

• Wee Mikey

• Heartsmad1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Is the OP a Police Officer or a Travel Agent. 

Maybe a bit of both 😏

He is most definitely, never in a million years, a Polis, that much is true!!! 

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We might take a thousand singular.

It's not like Mallorca when about 4000 of us took package holidays to Magaluf/Palma Nova :biggrin2:

We'll take far more than a thousand to Florence imo 

Hugely jealous , hope as many can go as possible this would be a great Euro trip . Love Italy , found memories from travelling around by train for the World Cup ( apart from the Coats Rica game )

1 hour ago, jamborich said:

Shit draw for us Istanbul no thanks Riga 2500 stadium struggle for tickets fiorentina best option but expensive 

Skonto holds 8500-10000. They will move it there.  Their normal stadium isn’t uefa compliant. 

1 hour ago, lsimp77 said:

Anyone know how many tickets we’re likely to get for this? Know Zurich went to general sale but imagine a lot more folk will be wanting to go to this. 

40,000 capacity so we get a minimum of 5% or 2,000. Plenty. 

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Done that journey a few times.

Nothing bad about it . 
If you can get Pisa, do it !

It actually used to be slightly easier as the train went directly from Pisa Airport with no need to change at Pisa Centrale - but a few years back they replaced the railway from Pisa Airport with a new light railway system so now necessary to get off and change platforms in Pisa. But still a very easy trip.

Gorgie_Rules
36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

40,000 capacity so we get a minimum of 5% or 2,000. Plenty. 

Their average attendance was 21k last year. I reckon everyone travelling will get a ticket

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, stirlo said:

For anyone travelling via Rome, there are two main airports in Rome: Fiumicino (also known as Leonardo da Vinci) and Ciampino. Ryanair flights arrive into Ciampino. Fiumicino has a direct train link to the main station in Rome (Roma Termini). From Ciampino you can either get a bus directly to Rome city centre or alternatively you can get a short bus ride to Cinecitta metro station and take the metro into Termini station. There is also a train station in the town of Ciampino but it's around a 15 minute bus ride from the airport and the traffic can be bad.

I would advise against getting taxis unless you are happy to spend a lot of money.

For those travelling via Pisa Airport (also known as Galileo Galileo Airport), a couple of years since I was last there, but there's a very short light-rail trip into the main station in Pisa and then regular trains to Florence.

For anyone travelling Easyjet to Milan Malpensa, there's a train station at the Malpensa and regular trains into Milan - but you want to go to Milano Centrale rather than Milano Cadorna. Then very regular high speed trains to Florence (takes around 2 hours).

If going into Fuimicino take the express train to Termini.  Don't take the cheap option, it's a long trip into Rome

It's easy at that airport , there's a couple of tourist desks that can help.  At Termini you can easily buy tickets at a huge array of machines in English. No need to book in advance. There's tons of trains , it's way better than the UK. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Boab said:

It will be a fabulous experience for anyone who hasn't been to Firenze !

Enjoy.

Most amazing city, beats Rome for sheer art, well the center does, most everywhere else is a bit scruffy, to say the least, but the tourist part is an absolute work of art. Well worth a visit. Would really like to go there to support the Hearts, but might be a bit too pricey, so might be Riga, coz I've never been there before, and we might just get a result 👍

Under the floodlight

Went in the 90s, flew to Pisa and stayed in Lucca where accomodation is cheaper. Trains run every half hour  from Lucca and take about one and a half hours and are also very cheap.

I use Trenitalia two or three times a week.  

They are cheap, clean, fast and, above all, mostly on time.

The fast trains, marginally more pricey, are superb.

Got a free Burger King outside Santa Maria station in Firenze. 

Went in to escape one of the heaviest downpours I've ever seen and then the power went out as I went to pay. Ended up being told just to take my food and sit :lol: 

Watched lightning hit the top of the station across the road, crazy!

Burford Jamtart

For those of you thinking of going if Florence away is Game 3,4 or 5 Ryan Air are doing a promotion from Edinburgh to Turin during October.

Might be a bit of a train journey from Turin though, but maybe worth a look.

I can’t go, but just stumbled upon them whilst looking for holiday flights next summer

Anyone any idea on the time that the fixture dates will be released tomorrow? Heard them say "Saturday latest" but haven't been able to find any other information. Cheers👍

3 hours ago, Oneneilberry said:

Any idea what kind of allocation we'd get?

5% is the standard UEFA allocation. However at clubs discretion they can offer more

2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

If going into Fuimicino take the express train to Termini.  Don't take the cheap option, it's a long trip into Rome

It's easy at that airport , there's a couple of tourist desks that can help.  At Termini you can easily buy tickets at a huge array of machines in English. No need to book in advance. There's tons of trains , it's way better than the UK. 

If there 3 or more of you an airport taxi is cheaper or same price. And gets you straight to hotel (assuming you are staying in Rome, but not sure why anybody would do that). I’m not sure traveling via Rome is a good option …

1 hour ago, bradleyHMFC said:

Anyone any idea on the time that the fixture dates will be released tomorrow? Heard them say "Saturday latest" but haven't been able to find any other information. Cheers👍

Saturday morning.

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

If there 3 or more of you an airport taxi is cheaper or same price. And gets you straight to hotel (assuming you are staying in Rome, but not sure why anybody would do that). I’m not sure traveling via Rome is a good option …

I was replying to a poster who said Rome- Florence was a nightmare.

But if it helps you, I'll stop posting any suggestions. Always good to see folks jumping in with negative comments. It wouldn't be JKB without you. 

Can't wait for your positive input.

5 hours ago, Larky_Jambo said:

Is there not a direct flight ? 

I can only see a direct flight coming back the way, all flights seem to go through Amsterdam, bit strange 

I have a mate stays 40 mins from Florence. His mate the guy who owns a bit of land out there is a Jambo too, they are delighted.

I’m already flying to Florence Wednesday 14th September and the options were via London or Amsterdam. We are going via Amsterdam 

we are going out for 4 nights for her cousins wedding. It’s on the Thursday (game day 2) 

when I saw the dates about a month ago I joked with her that hopefully we get Fiorentina and I’d go to the game instead of the wedding (which didn’t go down well) 

it’s now a real potential 🙈😂

Looks like BA have flights via London to Rome.....then train up to Florence

Just done a dummy booking, guessing the game is on November 3rd, so into Rome on the 1st and back on the 4th

Grand total of some Avios points and £4 all in for myself and Junior [14]

Train looks to be just over £100 return as well

Anyone looked at hotels yet....?

Screenshot 2022-08-27 082040.png

Why not flights into Florence? Is it because it is not direct? 

3 minutes ago, moz said:

Looks like BA have flights via London to Rome.....then train up to Florence

Just done a dummy booking, guessing the game is on November 3rd, so into Rome on the 1st and back on the 4th

Grand total of some Avios points and £4 all in for myself and Junior [14]

Train looks to be just over £100 return as well

Anyone looked at hotels yet....?

Screenshot 2022-08-27 082040.png

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Spewing I wanted this one but only week I couldn't do

Same here, had it all worked out too. Edinburgh to Warsaw on the Wednesday, 4 hours in the bar then Warsaw to Riga. Coming back direct to Newcastle then train to Edinburgh. Total was £196 last night, it's now costing that for the Warsaw flight alone 

fabienleclerq
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

Same here, had it all worked out too. Edinburgh to Warsaw on the Wednesday, 4 hours in the bar then Warsaw to Riga. Coming back direct to Newcastle then train to Edinburgh. Total was £196 last night, it's now costing that for the Warsaw flight alone 

You are better at scanning than me, I booked riga via Newcastle at 200 which is decent, flight times are good too

7 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

But if it helps you, I'll stop posting any suggestions. Always good to see folks jumping in with negative comments. It wouldn't be JKB without you. 

7 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

And I was suggesting a better way from the airport to the centre of Rome!

and also suggesting that it might not be the best city to travel via ….

Nothing negative at all about these suggestions …

That’s me booked. Red eye to Gatwick Thursday morning. 10am flight out to Florence, overnight in hotel deco then back to Gatwick at 14 bells on the Friday. ****in buzzing

Flight to Gatwick £83

Flight to Florence £262

Hotel Deco £85

Flag £50 😉

28EEF15B-BE5B-4358-9823-500E1132972B.jpeg

Edited by ShedBoy

Will be in albufiera with 2 other jambos.  Dates couldn't have been any worse for me.  Hopefully find a bar and cheer us on from there

Plan is looking like drive to Gatwick, fly to Florence on the 11th, return the 14th. 5 hour drive but the train prices are disgusting, even with a railcard.

Booked - flying Edinburgh to Florence on the Wednesday via CDG and back on the Saturday.

Anybody want to give us accommodation tips?

12 minutes ago, sum31uk said:

Booked - flying Edinburgh to Florence on the Wednesday via CDG and back on the Saturday.

Anybody want to give us accommodation tips?

Some decent Airbnb near the centre 

Booked Edinburgh to Amsterdam then to Bologna return direct to Edinburgh. £362. Staying at my mates, free. 🇱🇻 HHGH

Edited by poultry

I just tried to book from Inverness to Florence via London but can’t as I’m waiting on new passport. I was hoping could still book but doesn’t look likely. 

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official FIORENTINA Travel Thread - Meet up arrangements ***