• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Naisys Tackle

• Wee Mikey

• Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

If you're talking about the photo with Beni and a guy with a large red beard, I think that was @Mikey1874

Yeah probably its all ready dragged on a bit from a shit attempt at humour though so I will just leave it 😄 

5 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

I can't remember which thread it was on. I just remember the impressive beard.

If ever oor Craig appears looking anything like this?

how-to-beard-styles-imperial-short-hair-fade-683x1024.jpg

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

He let it get to 34000 then left for Leicester .............................. I think Robinson eventually mediated it down to a reasonable amount and paid it but I could be remembering incorrectly 

Different fine, the video clip above is when he was United manager.  The one with us started at £1k then kept being doubled as he refused to pay it, eventually reaching £32k.  He threatened legal action claiming the SFA had no power to increase his fine, I think Robinson eventually agreed to settle the original £1k with the SFA to avoid it going to court.

18 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Different fine, the video clip above is when he was United manager.  The one with us started at £1k then kept being doubled as he refused to pay it, eventually reaching £32k.  He threatened legal action claiming the SFA had no power to increase his fine, I think Robinson eventually agreed to settle the original £1k with the SFA to avoid it going to court.

That sounds right 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Thread stinks of hibs.  

Yes, of course they are here - they've got the WhatAboutery Gun turned up to max, and trying to defend a pretty ordinary player. Who is a serial cheat.  Anyway, it has been said, and I agree that it is good for us if he stays there, and wee Johnson openly encourages him.  It can only be good for us.

Edited by Birregrande

Heard a wee whisper from a good source that he has no intention of signing a new contract there and his agent is allegedly tasked with looking for his next club. He feels he’s a marked man on and off the pitch and is eyeing a move south in the summer. He’s obviously playing them like a fiddle just now.

part_time_jambo
5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Heard a wee whisper from a good source that he has no intention of signing a new contract there and his agent is allegedly tasked with looking for his next club. He feels he’s a marked man on and off the pitch and is eyeing a move south in the summer. He’s obviously playing them like a fiddle just now.

Man City are sure to be interested.

17 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Salford City are sure to be interested.

Be a good signing for them if he can up his game. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

40 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He'll endure a dreadful time down there if that's his intention. When he's turned and facing his own goal he's an awful defender. 

Any player who repeatedly feigns a head injury is a no good wrong un ***** as far as I'm concerned. 

41 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He’s no intention of staying as he’d have signed an improved contract by now to increase his wages this season so as you say looks like he’s gone. 

Hibs have been good at getting players to sign up the last few years and get money for them so seeing he hasn’t  signed is a clear sign he wanting away 

Probably sell him for £300-£500 in January 

1 hour ago, part_time_jambo said:

Man City are sure to be interested.

Fleetwood Town.  Stick on.  Broony knows a kindred spirit when he sees one.

2 hours ago, theshed said:

He’s no intention of staying as he’d have signed an improved contract by now to increase his wages this season so as you say looks like he’s gone. 

Hibs have been good at getting players to sign up the last few years and get money for them so seeing he hasn’t  signed is a clear sign he wanting away 

Probably sell him for £300-£500 in January 

Might even get £1k for him if they're lucky

15 hours ago, RobNox said:

Yeah, that's how I remember it..... in fact, CL talks about it in one of his 'Sacked In The Morning' podcasts. He also talked about another incident where (after calling out a couple of bad decisions the week previous) the ball goes out of play for an obvious Hearts throw-in, the decision is given the other way. CL shouts at the ref (Dougie MacDonald I think?)... who comes across and actually tells CL that 'you're getting **** all today Levein.' ....yep, not ground breaking I know, but on the podcast he goes on to say that referees are human - they cheat.

9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, that's how I remember it..... in fact, CL talks about it in one of his 'Sacked In The Morning' podcasts. He also talked about another incident where (after calling out a couple of bad decisions the week previous) the ball goes out of play for an obvious Hearts throw-in, the decision is given the other way. CL shouts at the ref (Dougie MacDonald I think?)... who comes across and actually tells CL that 'you're getting **** all today Levein.' ....yep, not ground breaking I know, but on the podcast he goes on to say that referees are human - they cheat.

As I recall it stemmed from a game at Livingston when Maybury was sent off for kicking the ball while their player lay over it by Macdonald. He truly hated Hearts though and denied an obvious penalty in the Gretna final when Rudi was chopped. Was sacked at Celtics behest and given another job by the SFA. Corrupt to the core. 

2 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

As I recall it stemmed from a game at Livingston when Maybury was sent off for kicking the ball while their player lay over it by Macdonald. He truly hated Hearts though and denied an obvious penalty in the Gretna final when Rudi was chopped. Was sacked at Celtics behest and given another job by the SFA. Corrupt to the core. 

Dougie MacDonald was and is a Hibs supporter and he cheated us a few times 

There is absolutely no way on earth he should have been given the 2006 cup final after the Kilmarnock game where he sent of Webster and McCann and the subsequent pantomime with fines that ensued 

When he was eventually sacked he actually got the decision right but he tried to get a Celtic supporting linesman to lie for him to cover his incompetence in a game between Celtic and Dundee United .............................. the linesman refused and quit

It does high light the double standards that exist in this country though when it comes to SFA action and how it depends on the clubs involved 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There is absolutely no way on earth he should have been given the 2006 cup final after the Kilmarnock game where he sent of Webster and McCann and the subsequent pantomime with fines that ensued 

When he was eventually sacked he actually got the decision right but he tried to get a Celtic supporting linesman to lie for him to cover his incompetence in a game between Celtic and Dundee United .............................. the linesman refused and quit

It does high light the double standards that exist in this country though when it comes to SFA action and how it depends on the clubs involved 

Absolutely.  The fact was with that Celtic one HE GOT THE DECISION CORRECT!!!  But he felt he needed to lie and squirm due to the pressure he was under because he gave a decision against Celtic.  And he ended up getting the tin tac for a decision he got right!!

However, we could have a very long list of blatant decisions he made against us and indeed comments he made to our players and officials, but it isn't even looked at.  Add the likes of Brines to this and it shows you the double standards.  Refs simply couldn't do to the OF what they do to us* (and perhaps other teams, but I genuinely think we've had the worst of it - the VR years especially were disgraceful).

*Not that they'd want to!

periodictabledancer
15 hours ago, RobNox said:

He did take legal action. 

Not only that his lawyer argued in court that he had been fined even though no official complaint was ever made.

HEARTS manager Craig Levein last night had his four-month touchline ban temporarily overturned after successfully taking the SFA to court.

The Tynecastle boss has steadfastly refused to pay a pounds 1,000 fine imposed for remarks made about referee Dougie McDonald after a game last season.

The penalty was increased to pounds 4,000 as Levein dug his heels in, with the SFA then imposing the ban on Thursday.

But Levein's QC Neil Davidson challenged the ruling in Edinburgh yesterday, describing the SFA's actions as "completely shambolic".

And he claimed the SFA acted outwith their powers as no official report or complaint was submitted to them about his remarks.

He said: "During all the procedures there has been a completely shambolic approach to Mr Levein's case. It appears the complaint comes from the disciplinary committee and there is no reference to anyone else making a complaint.

"We have the committee initially stepping in as prosecutor and then going on to become judge. That is unusual to say the least."

Lord McFadyen lifted the ban with immediate effect.

4 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

He did take legal action. 

Not only that his lawyer argued in court that he had been fined even though no official complaint was ever made.

HEARTS manager Craig Levein last night had his four-month touchline ban temporarily overturned after successfully taking the SFA to court.

The Tynecastle boss has steadfastly refused to pay a pounds 1,000 fine imposed for remarks made about referee Dougie McDonald after a game last season.

The penalty was increased to pounds 4,000 as Levein dug his heels in, with the SFA then imposing the ban on Thursday.

But Levein's QC Neil Davidson challenged the ruling in Edinburgh yesterday, describing the SFA's actions as "completely shambolic".

And he claimed the SFA acted outwith their powers as no official report or complaint was submitted to them about his remarks.

He said: "During all the procedures there has been a completely shambolic approach to Mr Levein's case. It appears the complaint comes from the disciplinary committee and there is no reference to anyone else making a complaint.

"We have the committee initially stepping in as prosecutor and then going on to become judge. That is unusual to say the least."

If I remember correctly, it was found that the SFA had no written rules to give them any entitlement to fine a manager for criticising a referee. They hadn't a clue what their own rules were. Levein took the trouble to read them and knew he was on solid legal ground.

After this case, they added a rule to close off that oversight. Much the same as when they added a rule to enable them to fine Romanov, when he wasn't actually a Hearts employee or official.

23 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Absolutely.  The fact was with that Celtic one HE GOT THE DECISION CORRECT!!!  But he felt he needed to lie and squirm due to the pressure he was under because he gave a decision against Celtic.  And he ended up getting the tin tac for a decision he got right!!

However, we could have a very long list of blatant decisions he made against us and indeed comments he made to our players and officials, but it isn't even looked at.  Add the likes of Brines to this and it shows you the double standards.  Refs simply couldn't do to the OF what they do to us* (and perhaps other teams, but I genuinely think we've had the worst of it - the VR years especially were disgraceful).

*Not that they'd want to!

Yip

20 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Turned out to be totally usual in the end 

6 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I'm taking the silver lining here, its got Goodwin in the shit, whilst highlighting the tricks.

Win win

I love it when these things don't involve us 😇

16 hours ago, Deevers said:

No idea how he has made it into the Scotland squad or thinks he will get a big move. I've never seen anything in him as a player and he's a complete roaster on top of that! 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Remember he refereed an Edinburgh derby at Easter Road and gave them a penalty for a clear dive. He must have been spewing when we turned it around to win 2-1. He was shown up for the cheat that he was by Celtic but he should have been outed long before that when we seen it so many times in our games. 

18 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Remember he refereed an Edinburgh derby at Easter Road and gave them a penalty for a clear dive. He must have been spewing when we turned it around to win 2-1. He was shown up for the cheat that he was by Celtic but he should have been outed long before that when we seen it so many times in our games. 

I had to look it up as i couldn't remember much about it... clearly show's how bent the ref's clique is/was. Apologies as it's from the DR - 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/dougie-mcdonald-told-me-to-lie-to-neil-1074220

...how the f Scottish football survives with this pish going on defies belief. It's clearly not got any better. The sooner our game is populated with professional officials, with no allegiances to any club, from (preferably) outwith Scotland and removed, totally, from the grasp of the SFA... the better. Complete tin-pot, sham.

FTSFA FTH FTOF

57 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

David Obua scored the winner.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

David Obua scored the winner.

Wasnt it JJs first game back?  Stewart dropped?  Gangsta celebration :lol: Suso was magic.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Yip

20 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Wasnt it JJs first game back?  Stewart dropped?  Gangsta celebration :lol: Suso was magic.

Was his first game back not v st liedown at fir Park.  LC semi final

4 hours ago, PapaShango said:

No idea how he has made it into the Scotland squad or thinks he will get a big move. I've never seen anything in him as a player and he's a complete roaster on top of that! 

He’s had his ego well and truly massaged by the club. He’s a liability on and off the pitch.

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I'm taking the silver lining here, its got Goodwin in the shit, whilst highlighting the tricks.

Win win

I don't mind Goodwin. 

Seems to talk sense and despite being a utter wank on the field seems to be respectful to us. 

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I thinks he's decent. 

But the fact he's over rated means, many will say he's shite. 

The boy is a cheater tho and being encouraged to be so by his manager. 

Will be Interesting if he can get a move away and get away from his daft mates, daft manager and actually screw the heed. 

He should follow Cummings example and move abroad. Melbourne would be decent for him but him and Cummings together - feel sorry for Melbourne. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I thinks he's decent. 

Will be Interesting if he can get a move away and get away from his daft mates, daft manager and actually screw the heed. 

He should follow Cummings example and move abroad. Melbourne would be decent for him but him and Cummings together - feel sorry for Melbourne. 

In what way?

Please elucidate ...

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Cracking name for a team.

It really is. 👍

Remember Laryea Kingston?

He played for a Ghanian team called 'Hearts of Oak', another fine name for a team.

I wonder what he's doing these days. 🤔

That fella had talent ... but was flawed.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I thinks he's decent. 

He really isn't decent. 

If he was decent then Australia would be a step down career wise. Although there is a history of criminals going there.