• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Naisys Tackle

• Wee Mikey

• Pasquale for King

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Kelle Roos now weighing in said the club had warned him that Porteous was a known diver.

Dont backdown. Double down.

Excellent.

So why are Aberdeen not appealing the red??

Strange to condemn ( deservedly so) him but not at least try and get it overturned. 
of Course they might be waiting until after the funeral tomorrow to launch the appeal. Have to see. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Canscot said:

So why are Aberdeen not appealing the red??

Strange to condemn ( deservedly so) him but not at least try and get it overturned. 
of Course they might be waiting until after the funeral tomorrow to launch the appeal. Have to see. 

It was a second yellow. Not sure if that makes a difference?

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It was a second yellow. Not sure if that makes a difference?

Hmmm. Ok. 
So only straight reds are appealable then?

You learn something new every day!

22 hours ago, Archie White said:

I was brought up in an era when players' had respect for themselves and their opponents. Back in the sixties I can't remember players cheating the way they do in all Leagues and at all clubs now. It started with diving in the box for a penalty. Now it is bordering on a pandemic with players diving, feigning injury and doing as much illegally on the pitch as they can to gain advantage for their team. All this holier than thou attitude about Porteous is crazy as if he had done it in a Hearts' shirt it would be classed here as being clever. Goodwin has a nerve for calling it out as Aberdeen (especially with McInnes) are one of the worst teams for for "simulation". We have players here now who go down at the slightest touch (Cochrane has started that recently) and Walker was a classic diver. Anyhow, rolling around trying to get opponents sent off is one of the many reasons I'm not in love with footie as I used to be, Sportsmanship on the pitch in general is long gone. The sad thing is that young footballers today grow up watching the cheating of their heroes and take that with them onto the pitch. It's the norm now.

I remember a time, it wasn’t even that long ago. When players got a straight red for feigning injury.

The .netters are getting all pissy, because he’s getting called out for what he is.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?359324-Scottish-football-s-smear-campaign-against-a-23-year-old&p=7105486#post7105486

They were quite happy to wire in when Miko was getting hounded out of Scottish football.

Edited by iantjambo
Link wasn’t working

33 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

The .netters are getting all pissy, because he’s getting called out for what he is.

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?359324-Scottish-football-s-smear-campaign-against-a-23-year-old&p=7105486#post7105486

They were quite happy to wire in when Miko was getting hounded out of Scottish football.

As if being 23 excuses all his shenanigans.

His time will come. When it does, all his Hibs sycophants will be crying foul and it's just not fair. Tough.

It has them worried most just stay silent and let it settle down Hibs have gone full defence mode over him.Must be let's back him to the hilt so he signs a new deal 😂

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

His greeting face was a picture when Moore just shoved him to the ground like he was made of balsa wood in the semi   

Would love to see us 4-0 up or something and bring big Humphrys on just take up by the throat 🤣

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

That's a top read. 👍

There's everything from outright denial, through indignation, all the way to one plum who imagines H1b5 getting close to 2nd.

Far too many individual belters to quote, but, given the video circulating (and posted on another thread here) of the H1b5 dad and his offspring shamelessly giving the finger and chanting what they were along with an entire battallion of half-wits, I'm guessing that this poster will be writing a strongly worded letter to H1b5' board demanding that they, "Call out the hate".

Screenshot_20220919-093538_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Would love to see us 4-0 up or something and bring big Humphrys on just take up by the throat 🤣

I would smile right enough but for me there is nothing better than if referees start to get annoyed about looking incompetent for giving him the benefit of the doubt before getting ripped on the telly and they start to card the useless haddy for farting 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would smile right enough but for me there is nothing better than if referees start to get annoyed about looking incompetent for giving him the benefit of the doubt before getting ripped on the telly and they start to card the useless haddy for farting 

I never seen on Sportscene did they mention anything or just gloss over it ?

10 hours ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Can you not only appeal a yellow if it is a mistake of identity?

You can appeal a yellow for that AND for being booked for simulation. Kyle Lafferty got the latter overturned while playing for us when footage showed he was clearly tripped.
I do wonder if Scales might get his overturned if (and it’s a big IF with Petrie as the boss through there) Porteous is offered two games for seeking to deceive the referee by indulging in simulation?

Hibs fans raging because he has been called out 😂 

Lets be honest Stephen Pressley did it all the time too, and got called out on it (Noel Whelan I think, also Aberdeen funnily enough).

I don’t think any of us went into overdrive with denial or outrage, just smugly accepted it was part of his game and (usually) worked.

Not comparable at all to the Miko situation where I seem to recall BBC presenters calling for him to be deported

11 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I never seen on Sportscene did they mention anything or just gloss over it ?

They mentioned it and backed Goodwin for his comments saying he was spot on

They showed the footage that clearly showed he pulled Scales shirt to get in front of him and then put him in a headlock before sliding off him as though Scales had brought him down , they even pointed out that Scales had his hands in the air at the time 

What I will say is thank **** we never signed that Scales all hype cause he played a couple of games for Celtic just like Bates before him he is pish

Just now, Sooks said:

They showed the footage that clearly showed he pulled Scales shirt to get in front of him and then put him in a headlock before sliding off him as though Scales had brought him down , they even pointed out that Scales had his hands in the air at the time 

Good it's about time the media started highlighting it.The darlings get away lightly with so much.

10 hours ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

That is correct. In this instance, you could argue that it was a mistaken identity, as the person who was guilty of the foul was Porteous.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Good it's about time the media started highlighting it.The darlings get away lightly with so much.

Yip you would hope the officials start to get annoyed at being made to look incompetent by his cheating and start to give him nothing 

The ned who cried wolf sort of thing 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

As if being 23 excuses all his shenanigans.

His time will come. When it does, all his Hibs sycophants will be crying foul and it's just not fair. Tough.

If anything, being 23 should count against him. Old enough to know better ... by a long way. Spoiled brat syndrome. On top of his on-field behaviour he makes a complete idiot of himself in his spare time; what with his tumbler chucking exploits etc. Imagine swanning about boasting about your wage?

Anyhoo, as a stark contrast he's 6 years older than this poor fella (sadly, one of thousands), doesn't seem to have a clue as to how fortunate he is, and, at 23 doesn't deserve shielding as though he's some sort of vulnerable child.

Screenshot_20220919-102117_Gallery.jpg

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Will they reverse the decision against Scales though? Of course not. This was what truned the game for Hibs. Aberdeen concede a penalty and are down to then men.

I think they also mentioned that 9 out of 10 points they have gained have been against 10 or even 9 men.

24 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Will they reverse the decision against Scales though? Of course not. This was what truned the game for Hibs. Aberdeen concede a penalty and are down to then men.

I think they also mentioned that 9 out of 10 points they have gained have been against 10 or even 9 men.

No they will not and that is probably a good thing from our point of view 

If he helps put us above Aberdeen but then gets punished and the hangover is that he gets away with less cheating when they play is then that is a decent end result for us 

13 hours ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

That is correct. In this instance, you could argue that it was a mistaken identity, as the person who was guilty of the foul was Porteous.

can also appeal a yellow for diving (i think).

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 18/09/2022 at 10:19, Archie White said:

I was brought up in an era when players' had respect for themselves and their opponents. Back in the sixties I can't remember players cheating the way they do in all Leagues and at all clubs now. It started with diving in the box for a penalty. Now it is bordering on a pandemic with players diving, feigning injury and doing as much illegally on the pitch as they can to gain advantage for their team. All this holier than thou attitude about Porteous is crazy as if he had done it in a Hearts' shirt it would be classed here as being clever. Goodwin has a nerve for calling it out as Aberdeen (especially with McInnes) are one of the worst teams for for "simulation". We have players here now who go down at the slightest touch (Cochrane has started that recently) and Walker was a classic diver. Anyhow, rolling around trying to get opponents sent off is one of the many reasons I'm not in love with footie as I used to be, Sportsmanship on the pitch in general is long gone. The sad thing is that young footballers today grow up watching the cheating of their heroes and take that with them onto the pitch. It's the norm now.

While I agree that diving and feigning injury has got steadily worse over the years, I do remember hearing a description of the late Davy Wilson, when he was at Rangers in the 60s. It was said that he could be out on the wing at kickoff and, when the whistle blew, he would dive and land in the box, claiming a penalty.  But of course, that was Rangers....

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Not to mention last gasp goals. I can think of two others as well as us, St Johnstone and Rangers but there may be others 

28 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Hibs chiefs demanding answers from the sheep over Goodwins correct observations . A bunch fight between those two clubs is no bad thing .

He already gave them his answer he is a cheating **** 🤣

On 18/09/2022 at 05:19, Archie White said:

It's funny, in the 80s when I was first exposed to professional football from abroad, it was a joke in the states because players fell down and rolled around so often we made fun of it at school.  If someone got pushed and went down easy to try to get the teacher's attention, we called them a "soccer player."

Seems like it's gotten better since then to me.

Fly the Saltire

SPFL Premiership

Fouls Committed

22/23 Season

As at 19/09/22

Hibs 105

Motherwell 101

Livingston 100

Kilmarnock 95

St.Mirren 89

Ross County 80

St.Johnstone 75

Rangers 75

Hearts 74

Dundee Utd 72

Celtic 67

Aberdeen 66

Astonishing that Hibs manage to get to play against ten men on a regular basis when they are the dirtiest team in the league

28 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

SPFL Premiership

Fouls Committed

22/23 Season

As at 19/09/22

Hibs 105

Motherwell 101

Livingston 100

Kilmarnock 95

St.Mirren 89

Ross County 80

St.Johnstone 75

Rangers 75

Hearts 74

Dundee Utd 72

Celtic 67

Aberdeen 66

Astonishing that Hibs manage to get to play against ten men on a regular basis when they are the dirtiest team in the league

Very interesting observation that they’ve also been the dirtier team in every match the opposition have had a man sent off. 

The stat from Saturday is that Hibs received a caution every 9.5 fouls and Aberdeen received a caution every 2 fouls. Appreciate there are varying degrees of fouls on a sliding scale but that seems particularly lop sided. 

F7CAAC56-899B-4B47-AAB2-D8A013F8D254.jpeg

D4F29DB4-DB97-418A-888D-8FA7869F139D.jpeg

F8D55579-26DA-401E-8B2D-0B57942F6F6C.jpeg

8F93D30A-2CFA-4C0A-B94A-6090A53E9B08.jpeg

Edited by Anderson5

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

It's funny, in the 80s when I was first exposed to professional football from abroad, it was a joke in the states because players fell down and rolled around so often we made fun of it at school.  If someone got pushed and went down easy to try to get the teacher's attention, we called them a "soccer player."

Seems like it's gotten better since then to me.

The thing that drives me up the wall and shows you low level cheating is endemic from an early age in fitba is a player can literally header the ball out and he will instinctively put his arm up and call my ball.

Edited by briever

Tom Hardy’s Dug

They are definitely paying somebody off.

The semi against us last year a prime example.

Ron must have secret funny catholic handshakes.

They’re now howling for the players union to get involved ffs.

aye maybe ask the union to get the cheat to explain why he posted a picture of himself laughing over Boyce when he was in a heap.

Or ask the union to look at the phantom head injuries he likes to have to stop play.

A plain and simple cheat and nasty character. Goodwin should be applauded for saying it out loud. Everyone knows what he’s like as well as the diving wig. 
Honestly believe VAR will hammer that mob. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

They’re now howling for the players union to get involved ffs.

aye maybe ask the union to get the cheat to explain why he posted a picture of himself laughing over Boyce when he was in a heap.

Or ask the union to look at the phantom head injuries he likes to have to stop play.

A plain and simple cheat and nasty character. Goodwin should be applauded for saying it out loud. Everyone knows what he’s like as well as the diving wig. 
Honestly believe VAR will hammer that mob. 

Surely the Players Union will want to represent the Aberdeen boy who now has to sit out games because of Porteus cheating?