Porteous

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Just now, jimbojambo said:

They say that the fruit does not fall far from the tree. Clearly he has been reincarnated. Anyone fancy a hanging😂

The Porteous Riots surrounded the activities of Captain John Porteous (c. 1695 – 1736), Captain of the City Guard of Edinburgh, Scotland, who was lynched by a mob for his part in the killing of innocent civilians while ordering the men under his command to quell a disturbance during a public hanging in the Grassmarket, Edinburgh in April 1736. Although the rioters were generally supportive of the convicted smugglers, Porteous seems to have been a somewhat overbearing official, despised by the mob and the underclasses of Edinburgh society.

Hm the Edinburgh underclass seem to like this new Porteous though!

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Naisys Tackle

• Wee Mikey

• Pasquale for King

16 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Everyone else quite rightly runs to celebrate with Boyle but he stands for a second then mouths something to Gordon first. A prick of a boy. 

He's a prick but he's also very nasty. He absolutely hates us and the Huns. Not alone in such views but he comes across as borderline unhinged. Insta posts with a picture of Boyce lying in a heap after that animal came through the back of him. 

I'd have no problem with him sustaining a really bad injury. Appreciate that's not particularly nice thing to wish on anyone. I see him as a very rare type in this era who seems to relish going in with intent to injure. Invariably when there is little chance of him sustaining injury as a result.

A ****ing coward and sheer low life scum.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Carter said:

He's a prick but he's also very nasty. He absolutely hates us and the Huns. Not alone in such views but he comes across as borderline unhinged. Insta posts with a picture of Boyce lying in a heap after that animal came through the back of him. 

I'd have no problem with him sustaining a really bad injury. Appreciate that's not particularly nice thing to wish on anyone. I see him as a very rare type in this era who seems to relish going in with intent to injure. Invariably when there is little chance of him sustaining injury as a result.

Fair enough 👍🏽

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Genuinely interested.  So when we play Hibs, you don't think "ooft, let's get right at him".  Cos I know I do.  Him and Bishiri at present in fact.  Every time they have the ball, every time we turn them, every time we get touch tight with one of them on Boyce's back, I think let's keep at these, they can't handle it.

That doesn't strike me as decent.  I don't think that every time I see Hearts play.

He's shaky at best, error strewn more apt.

No one obviously in any doubt he's a gomeral of the highest order though.  You agree with that right!?!?!

There seems to be a view amongst some that he's decent as he'll attack the ball or the man with vigour. Get him on the turn or facing his own goal and you've got as discombobulated a central defender as you'll find in this league. Absolutely floundering. 

How we never brought Ginnelly on yesterday later in the game to get him and Bushiri on the turn and uncomfortable beggars belief. We should have attacking players rubbing their hands to play against that pair. Absolutely honking bad. 

Pasquale for King

I only saw one replay but did Beaton not give him Hibs the foul after Boyce won the header and he allegedly collided with the back of his baldy head?

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

There seems to be a view amongst some that he's decent as he'll attack the ball or the man with vigour. Get him on the turn or facing his own goal and you've got as discombobulated a central defender as you'll find in this league. Absolutely floundering. 

How we never brought Ginnelly on yesterday later in the game to get him and Bushiri on the turn and uncomfortable beggars belief. We should have attacking players rubbing their hands to play against that pair. Absolutely honking bad. 

Spot on all round.  DIdn't understand Gino not coming on especially when Boycie was spent.

I hope he stays with them. He was absolutely shite yesterday. The lad they signed by mistake was much better (and he wasn’t great either). 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I only saw one replay but did Beaton not give him Hibs the foul after Boyce won the header and he allegedly collided with the back of his baldy head?

Nah.  He stopped the game.  They punted the ball back.

Rogue Daddy
10 minutes ago, Carter said:

I've said it before... he seems to want to be (or think of himself as) the new broonaldo. A total pr1ck of a man and a footballer. Loves to appeal to the lowest society can offer.

Rogue Daddy
26 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Genuinely interested.  So when we play Hibs, you don't think "ooft, let's get right at him".  Cos I know I do.  Him and Bishiri at present in fact.  Every time they have the ball, every time we turn them, every time we get touch tight with one of them on Boyce's back, I think let's keep at these, they can't handle it.

That doesn't strike me as decent.  I don't think that every time I see Hearts play.

No one obviously in any doubt he's a gomeral of the highest order though.  You agree with that right!?!?!

Especially since he got booked early on for a stupid foul in our half!... the guy just isn't very bright or very good, error strewn & shaky. Unfortunately, it makes him a danger to the players he's up against.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I've said it before... he seems to want to be (or think of himself as) the new broonaldo. A total pr1ck of a man and a footballer. Loves to appeal to the lowest society can offer.

You get a sense for his background when you see his hatred of Hearts and Rangers. Sheer and utter hatred. 

He's incredibly limited player. Thinks he's hard but also thinks he has a presence. 

Holding off signing a new deal it seems. He'll renew with them. Nothing surer. Imagine him in English football when he can't play in the middle of a 3 with the whole game played in front of him. 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Carter said:

You get a sense for his background when you see his hatred of Hearts and Rangers. Sheer and utter hatred. 

He's incredibly limited player. Thinks he's hard but also thinks he has a presence. 

Holding off signing a new deal it seems. He'll renew with them. Nothing surer. Imagine him in English football when he can't play in the middle of a 3 with the whole game played in front of him. 

He'll sign... h1b5 are as good as it gets for him. Not even that sure how he even gets a game for them TBH!? Total liability.

11 minutes ago, Zico said:

I hope he stays with them. He was absolutely shite yesterday. The lad they signed by mistake was much better (and he wasn’t great either). 

Bushiri literally had his every touch cheered by the Hearts support!

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

He'll sign... h1b5 are as good as it gets for him. Not even that sure how he even gets a game for them TBH!? Total liability.

He will re-sign. Nothing more certain. Representation trying to get wee Ron to increase his terms presumably. 

Their fans seem to lap him up. Perfectly matched some might say!

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Hes a shan Danny Wilson.

Thought the head knock yesterday was legit though. 

Who would know, he fakes it that often. Cries wolf etc.

Under the floodlight
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes,Boyce won the header as he was in front,Porteous heads the back of Boyce's head then goes down holding the portion of his bru which didn't make contact. What a faker.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's utter pish. Him and Rocky are both bombscares. We should've smashed them.

If JJ had been our manager in a game against a pairing like that it would've been shades of the Jim Duffy first game when JJ locked the players in the dressing room for over an hour after the game for failure to avenge NYD 73. 

Yet inexplicably we changed formation and didn't think pace was the way to exploit them as the game progressed yesterday. 

Edited by Carter

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Yes,Boyce won the header as he was in front,Porteous heads the back of Boyce's head then goes down holding the portion of his bru which didn't make contact. What a faker.

Unbelievable, him and Rocky are absolutely terrible as a pair, I’m still in shock we didn’t score more. 

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Who would know, he fakes it that often. Cries wolf etc.

True but he did look shaken trying to act hard laughing it off. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Nah.  He stopped the game.  They punted the ball back.

Ok 👍🏽 

fabienleclerq
54 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Who rates him?

Well, obviously the vermin but I thought he was better than what he is.

Under the floodlight
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unbelievable, him and Rocky are absolutely terrible as a pair, I’m still in shock we didn’t score more. 

We'll come up against a lot better defence's that's for sure, quite impressed with Shankland, he's no shrinking violet and also has ability.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

We'll come up against a lot better defence's that's for sure, quite impressed with Shankland, he's no shrinking violet and also has ability.

Yeah he took no nonsense off them, I think when McKay and Grant get in tune with his runs he will score a lot. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

He’s more Dugshite than Bob Dugshite from DugshiteStreet In Dugshiteshire. 

Succinctly put 👍🏽👏🏾!!!!

Said it before that it’s a matter of time before he seriously injures somebody. An out and out thug and a cheat.  Him and Newell are horrendous when it comes to stuff like that.  Cowards.

Putting a picture of Boyce in a heap on his social media sums up his mentality.  Pond life

41 minutes ago, almair said:

Drew Busby would've sorted this charlatan out.

That’s for sure!  👍

Although I might be biased I think he’s shite. His distribution is awful and he’s a bomb scare. We should have targeted him in possession. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

No one obviously in any doubt he's a gomeral of the highest order though.  You agree with

right!?!?!

He is a fudd. No doubt. 

I don't see him as better or worse than most other defenders in our, league. 

He's over rated tho. 

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

He's a tumbler-throwing, memorial-thieving, gurning, head-holding, cheating bassa.

C'MOAN!!! A perfect role-model for that bunch. Their fans must really look up to him.

He goes to bed at night dreaming of emulating O'Connor, Riorden, Griffiths, and Stokes ... to name but a few.

And I thought that Broonaldo was their nadir!!!

Top post.

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Especially since he got booked early on for a stupid foul in our half!... the guy just isn't very bright or very good, error strewn & shaky. Unfortunately, it makes him a danger to the players he's up against.

Good centre half’s don’t get booked very often.

He gets booked a lot. 

28 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Said it before that it’s a matter of time before he seriously injures somebody. An out and out thug and a cheat.  Him and Newell are horrendous when it comes to stuff like that.  Cowards.

Putting a picture of Boyce in a heap on his social media sums up his mentality.  Pond life

Exactly. He goes out with intent to injure. You'd think he has about 600 games under his belt with the way he tries to carry himself. A total bellend, unbelievably Hibs and a coward.

He’s an overhyped wee ned.

I don’t really understand why he’s held in such high regard by a majority of Hibs fans. 

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I dont the refs will ignore his head knock simulation, and to be honest I dont blame them for it, because what happens if they ignore him on the ground and holding his head and it turns out to be genuine and serious then they face real problems.

It should be an attitude among players that faking a head knock is a real no-no and socially unacceptable. Same with the press and coaches. You can have simulation but not for situations that require quick medical attention which can have serious risks.

Copy rugby rules where the physio enters play and treats the player without stopping. Player then leaves the field after receiving treatment unless the opponent is booked.

You'll soon see the feigning of injuries stop once it disadvantages the team and play continues 

4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

He’s an overhyped wee ned.

I don’t really understand why he’s held in such high regard by a majority of Hibs fans. 

Because he’s a wee ned 

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Have to say - and not a moan - I did think when Boycie started cramping up a bit that having Gino come on and run channels against those two huddies seemed a perfect option.  Also would have been a better defensive option than Halliday in a "if we're up their end they're not near ours" kinda way.  It'd be playing for territory.  Lilkely a red card for Portoloo too.

Ah well.  It might not have played out that way but it was the sub I had in mind.

I was screaming for that!  Couldn't believe trying to shore up our defence when the threat of Gino's pace would have probably contributed more to easing the pressure.