Porteous

Tom Hardy’s Dug

section s heart

Happy to support anyone (within reason) chosen to play for Scotland, and good that he had a decent game. 

I only watched the highlights, and Ukraine pinged too many balls behind our defence, thankfully they never took advantage and some were offside. Didn't look closely enough at who (if anyone) was being caught out, but the clean through one in the first half that Craig saved you'd definitely point the finger at Porteous. Real weakness of his.

Edited by section s heart

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Naisys Tackle

• Wee Mikey

• Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Obviously a little biased but I thought Gordon was the MoM, or possibly Hickey. I thought Gordon made some extremely solid saves (as always) but also Hickey put his body on the line constantly and had £50m rated Mudryk on toast. 

Greg Taylor is miles and miles away from international quality. I think Ralston at RB and Hickey at LB would have made more sense. I'm sure he's a great lad that trains hard, but not international quality IMO. Akin to watching Stephen O'Donnell. 

Porteous gave a good account of himself, I thought he was nervy in the first half but settled in the 2nd. When he made that slide tackle in the box my heart sank. Diving in like that in the box is crass stupidity in modern football. A half decent forward can turn that into a penalty claim. IMO he's too hot headed/ lacks the sort of judgement managers at the top level need to be able to rely on. He's a lot better than he's given credit for, but 100% a step down from McKenna and Hendry (who bailed him out big time too). 

On the whole, its nice to see our 3rd string defence can still hold up to a decent sides attack. 

I thought Hickey then Gordon. Rwat of that post yuppp apart from better than hes given credit for as its now Thursday and back from international times so **** him 😉🤣

jamboinglasgow

Wont lie, dont rate him but thought he played well last night. Think there may be a truth that he will play better when not at Hibs as his mentality is wrong and Hibs fans and coaches enable is worst aspects (big reckless tackles, bad play acting etc.)

However I feel there has been a massive over-reaction to how he played from pundits and the media. He was not MotM, he was not even the centre back with the best performance (though Hendry did really well and has come into his own this international window.) I suspect the press and pundits were ready to slaughter him when he came up as playing so set really low expectations but when he put in a decent performance they have course corrected too far.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Obviously a little biased but I thought Gordon was the MoM, or possibly Hickey. I thought Gordon made some extremely solid saves (as always) but also Hickey put his body on the line constantly and had £50m rated Mudryk on toast. 

Greg Taylor is miles and miles away from international quality. I think Ralston at RB and Hickey at LB would have made more sense. I'm sure he's a great lad that trains hard, but not international quality IMO. Akin to watching Stephen O'Donnell. 

Porteous gave a good account of himself, I thought he was nervy in the first half but settled in the 2nd. When he made that slide tackle in the box my heart sank. Diving in like that in the box is crass stupidity in modern football. A half decent forward can turn that into a penalty claim. IMO he's too hot headed/ lacks the sort of judgement managers at the top level need to be able to rely on. He's a lot better than he's given credit for, but 100% a step down from McKenna and Hendry (who bailed him out big time too). 

On the whole, its nice to see our 3rd string defence can still hold up to a decent sides attack. 

Yip that tackle is a pen most times, I thought he was lucky rather than good with that. 

He is decent imo but he's over rated by hibs and under rated on here. 

I never seen that coming, who'd have funk it? 

2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

International breaks gone.  **** Porteous.  Hope he breaks his leg on Saturday. 

People may call you selfish but not me, hate the .****👍

He played well in fairness but he's just too high risk a defender for me. He was like a dug off a leash trying to nick the ball at every opportunity. Last night his planets aligned and he generally got away with it (CG to the rescue) but better teams will target him by dragging him out of shape and popping it around him. 

Classic example of the Hibs PR media in full flow though with the overaction in the press. Folk should check his comedy performance against the mighty St Mirren a few weeks back for balance before declaring him the new Maldini (who coincidentally was playing RB last night and is still somehow incredibly flies under the radar) 

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Broken leg too quick a recovery.

Better with a career ending double cruciate with a ruptured Achilles thrown in just to make sure. 

4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You are way out of order work your post. If he breaks his leg, I hope its in front of 17000 jambos at tynecastle.

3 minutes ago, superjack said:

You are way out of order work your post. If he breaks his leg, I hope its in front of 17000 jambos at tynecastle.

:lol: nah a freezing cold dry humping in the highlands with a leg break would be wonderful. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Exactly.
Careful though I got a week in the JKB pokey for wishing injury on a Hibs player. 

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly.
Careful though I got a week in the JKB pokey for wishing injury on a Hibs player. 

Quite rightly too

Anyway you can all calm down soon and wipe the slavers and snot off your angry wee faces. Porteous won’t be a Hibs player much longer 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Quite rightly too

Anyway you can all calm down soon and wipe the slavers and snot off your angry wee faces. Porteous won’t be a Hibs player much longer 

Not sure there was any need for that abuse, nothing wee about me son. 

****ing hell, he had a good game but he was our THIRD best defender. The way the meeja are going on you’d think he’s just saved the UK economy and stopped the war in Ukraine. He’ll be back to getting caught the wrong side, pretending he has a head injury and glassing lassies soon enough. 

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly.

Wishing an injury on another person in the context of a football game. 

Deary me. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Deary me. 

Porteous is a complete *****. You appear keen to talk him up which is bewildering given the traits he's displayed numerous times. He's right at the top of the list of shite to have played for that lot. I can't recall any of their filth having such genuine intent to injure opponents or feigning head injuries. If you consider those to be admirable traits then fair enough.

You do get football rivalry, right? 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Carter said:

Porteous is a complete *****. You appear keen to talk him up which is bewildering given the traits he's displayed numerous times. He's right at the top of the list of shite to have played for that lot. I can't recall any of their filth having such genuine intent to injure opponents or feigning head injuries. If you consider those to be admirable traits then fair enough.

Aye, but I'm also a person. 

Wishing folk hurt is beyond football rivalry. 

It's scum behaviour. 

If you don't know the difference, I'm unsure what to tell you. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Deary me. 

20 minutes ago, Carter said:

Strange combo that eh?

43 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, but I'm also a person. 

Wishing folk hurt is beyond football rivalry. 

It's scum behaviour. 

If you don't know the difference, I'm unsure what to tell you. 

Porteous is scum. He behaves in a way where he's clearly intended to injure opponents. He then takes to the media to play the victim card. He's a no good ****ing wrong un *****.

That's scum behaviour. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Carter said:

Porteous is scum. He behaves in a way where he's clearly intended to injure opponents. He then takes to the media to play the victim card. He's a no good ****ing wrong un *****.

That's scum behaviour. 

No argument here. 

Wanting someone hurt is also scum behaviour. 

The two aren't exclusive, you can think Porteous is a cheat and a dirty *******, and still think folk wanting him injured are scum. 

If you want him injured yourself then you've lost the moral high ground are in the same basket as him- just for different reasons. 

Wishing a person injured in the context of football is scum behaviour. 

There is no debate. 

Maybe if you meet him in the street you can tell him this to his face. 

Back on planet earth, most folk will separate football and life and not want other folk hurt while working. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Zico said:

****ing hell, he had a good game but he was our THIRD best defender. The way the meeja are going on you’d think he’s just saved the UK economy and stopped the war in Ukraine. He’ll be back to getting caught the wrong side, pretending he has a head injury and glassing lassies soon enough. 

Each day that goes past, Hibs fans have his performance creeping towards Cannavaro levels. 

As an 8th choice to partner Hendry. It was a competent debut. Seems to have been elevated as many had the bar set low for him and he didn't have idiotic moment which was widely expected. 

His positioning was suspect at times and he was bailed out on three occasions. He also was at fault in the 90th minute but got back to win a tackle. Some outlets will only focus on measurable stats such as 'pass completion' or 'tackles won' but he was caught under the ball on too many occasions. On another day, we'd have been buried. 

Top players on Tuesday wer Gordon, Hendry and Hickey. Porteous was probably a 6/10.

I can't see him being a future starter whilst at Hibs or when others are back. He had a 'Considine role' to play and contributed to the team getting the point we needed. 

gorgie rd eh11

It's all good. A decent performance attracts more interest and he leaves for nothing or hibs pay way over the odds and he stays on a contract way above his worth.

Ricardo Quaresma

I do wish opposition players minor injuries before and during games, just enough for them to get out of our way, then they can get on their merry way and be a pain in the arse for our other opponents in the next game

If, however, they are being an extreme ****, then maybe I want them to go down harder; trying to injure our players, for example, deserves a hefty penalty to be paid

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I do wish opposition players minor injuries before and during games, just enough for them to get out of our way, then they can get on their merry way and be a pain in the arse for our other opponents in the next game

If, however, they are being an extreme ****, then maybe I want them to go down harder; trying to injure our players, for example, deserves a hefty penalty to be paid

Yip I have no qualms what so ever about wanting some one to give Porteous a dull one when he plays for Hibs 

Malinga the Swinga

Very interesting comments from the vermin manager. He's basically advertising Porteous being available for sale. 

They must be desperate to grab any sort of fee before he ****s off for Nothing in the summer.

2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Gordon: "Come over here wi me, ryan, pal" :rofl:

Or, perhaps, "don't worry, son; when you get caught under the ball I'll save the day."

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I’m pretty sure not many folk would have sympathy if Scott Brown had been injured in front of us and got carried off, or I’m just a horrible *******. I’m cool with both of those 😆

10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Baws. He was on View From The Terrace and came across really well. I wanted him to be a total arsehole. 

Yep! Watched it aswell.

Came across fine.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Baws. He was on View From The Terrace and came across really well. I wanted him to be a total arsehole. 

Yeah just watching that the now . Coming over very well , articulate and good sense of humour .