• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Naisys Tackle

• Wee Mikey

• Pasquale for King

12 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Chucks glasses at women. Steals flowers from other people's property. Tells kids to **** off.

Sounds like an upstanding member of the community. 

Wank.

Hibs class.

On 04/11/2022 at 22:19, Sooks said:

Noooooooooooooooo

Please stay at the shite Porteo 

Rangers come in and do to them what they did to us re Souttar and a pre contract and leave him where he is till season end except Hibs will be playing out the season with a downer of tools

35 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Out on a limb here, but I think he'll do OK in England. 

Championship or League 1? Having said that the boy Aberdeen sold to Forest does OK though Forest will probably go back down at the end of the season.

55 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Same. Or go the Italian route. He’s not as bad as we make him out, and not as good(yet) as hibs make him out.

It’s like when we had a young souttar on the books. We saw everything he did, good and bad. Hibs fans only saw the outtakes.

Souttar was a much better player for me though, but only time will tell. 

ToadKiller Dog

Not sure he has the professionalism in him to make it at a high level .

He has the hibs curse of idiothood .

If he is to find that away from Scotland would be the place to go.

highlandjambo3
9 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

It’s always a difficult one to predict and, a fair bit off guesswork/ gambling comes into it…..i.e:

Decent (perceived) player playing in a *bang average team = bang average player.

Decent (perceived) player playing in a decent team = decent player.  Of course the logic doesn’t always pan out that way.

* for the avoidance of doubt, hibs are not a bang average team, they’re shit 😁

J Cheever Loophole
18 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Good to know the curse of the Heart’s top deep down in the, dare I say it, iffy foundations of Easter Rd, is still throwing out stronger vibes than any Voodoo doll

Samuel Camazzola

I don't rate him much but hee needs the move. 

After 16/17 years at Hibs, Stevenson's playing time is coming to an end. However, from what they pay, he'll be in no position to stop working and will need to secure employment. A lucrative move for RP could see him put his feet up in 10/12 years time (unless he goes full JOS).

Can see him securing a switch to a club like Ipswich. 

queensferryjambo

I honestly don't think he is that great. Not just because he is at Hibs he just isn't that good enough at defending, he is unprofessional on and off the park and IMO lacks pace and fitness to make it any level higher than Hibs / SPFL. He has just played in 6 defeats in his last 7 league games if that tells you anything about his defending.

The Edinburgh Evening Hibs have bummed him up to high heaven for a couple of years and yet he seems bang average to me. 

IMO he is just another hyped up nobody like Cumdog, Scott Allan, etc. 

He will be playing for the likes of Raith, Dundee or Inverness if he is lucky in a few years time.

18 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I honestly don't think he is that great. Not just because he is at Hibs he just isn't that good enough at defending, he is unprofessional on and off the park and IMO lacks pace and fitness to make it any level higher than Hibs / SPFL. He has just played in 6 defeats in his last 7 league games if that tells you anything about his defending.

The Edinburgh Evening Hibs have bummed him up to high heaven for a couple of years and yet he seems bang average to me. 

He will be playing for the likes of Raith, Dundee or Inverness if he is lucky in a few years time.

Totally agree.  I always watch the Sportscene highlights and the number of goals H1b5 lose in the 6 yard box is unbelievable.  Between Porto and Hanlon they are dreadful.  Porto just doesn't look interested and will play out his time trying to avoid injury.

H1b5 would be better benching him till he goes.

29 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Possibly away to Stoke.

If so then he'll get found out there in no time. He's no replacement for Harry Souttar, for sure.

One half-decent appearance for Scotland.

It's not much to crow about.

Methinks, whether Stoke or elsewhere, he has a deal lined up. But, as they say, "Watch this space". Plenty of time for things to go pear shaped. Not that I wish ill on him, but he'll mess up one way or another.

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

This 100 %

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 hours ago, Section Q said:

Depends on what lower league he ends up in.

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Yoda said:

Totally agree.  I always watch the Sportscene highlights and the number of goals H1b5 lose in the 6 yard box is unbelievable.  Between Porto and Hanlon they are dreadful.  Porto just doesn't look interested and will play out his time trying to avoid injury.

H1b5 would be better benching him till he goes.

I always tell people to watch Hearts first goal in the 5-1 game to see what not to do as a central defender. Never take your eyes off “captain courageous”

Clueless. That’s Porteous.

21 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

:rofl:

A586F4EC-6437-4830-9FE8-81C433F83220.jpeg

A bidding war oh ffs, for Ryan Porteous 😂😂 Who is going to pay money for him when they can get him on a pre-contract! They might get £100k if someone wants him in January otherwise he’ll see out the season. 

8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

A bidding war oh ffs, for Ryan Porteous 😂😂 Who is going to pay money for him when they can get him on a pre-contract! They might get £100k if someone wants him in January otherwise he’ll see out the season. 

The mind boggles!!!

If he was an item on 'Bargain Hunt' then he'd go for about £30

jamboinglasgow
8 hours ago, Dayman said:

Same. Or go the Italian route. He’s not as bad as we make him out, and not as good(yet) as hibs make him out.

It’s like when we had a young souttar on the books. We saw everything he did, good and bad. Hibs fans only saw the outtakes.

Souttar was a much better player for me though, but only time will tell. 

Thats probably fair enough description. I think of his Scotland appearance against Ukraine. There were many before the match (admittedly even me) who wrote him off as awful and a mistake to play him. He ended up having a decent game showing what he can do. But the problem was that there was an over reaction to his performance where he was made out to be an amazing player which wasn't the case (I would argue he wasn't even the best Scotland centre back that game as Hendry had a fantastic performance.) It feels like his career in a nut shell and how you have described him.

Italy could be an interesting route if he went that route. But from watching him I always get the view of him as an old style no nonsense centre back. There to make big tackles, knows how to score at corners but not that great on the ball. I dont think he would be a target for Italian football, but it could be at Hibs he has played a style that was not right to get the most of him and another club could.

Still think he will go to lower half Championship or promotion chasing League One side and doing alrite. 

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

the fact he is actually pish and a cheat. He is so overrated it’s unbelievable.  He’s played probably every game for that mob this season and been shite. He will have to go to a league we’re there is no VAR because like the diving wig it’s half his game

15 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats probably fair enough description. I think of his Scotland appearance against Ukraine. There were many before the match (admittedly even me) who wrote him off as awful and a mistake to play him. He ended up having a decent game showing what he can do. But the problem was that there was an over reaction to his performance where he was made out to be an amazing player which wasn't the case (I would argue he wasn't even the best Scotland centre back that game as Hendry had a fantastic performance.) It feels like his career in a nut shell and how you have described him.

Italy could be an interesting route if he went that route. But from watching him I always get the view of him as an old style no nonsense centre back. There to make big tackles, knows how to score at corners but not that great on the ball. I dont think he would be a target for Italian football, but it could be at Hibs he has played a style that was not right to get the most of him and another club could.

Still think he will go to lower half Championship or promotion chasing League One side and doing alrite. 

Yeah exactly. He seems to have most people putting him in either the “awful” or “amazing” category, where the real truth is that he’s probably in the middle somewhere.

I remember when these stats below came out that I noticed Porteous was the only player to be “green” for every category. That’s not bad when you’re playing for a basket case club like Hibs. Something I definitely didn’t expect to see.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Huns benchwarmer so I’ve been told 

No chance, he’s not good enough, they have no manager and new guy might not want him 

38 minutes ago, theshed said:

No chance, he’s not good enough, they have no manager and new guy might not want him 

Sometimes for the OF it’s about removing a decent player from a competitor. The word decent means it’s unlikely to apply here 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Huns benchwarmer so I’ve been told 

There’s clearly someone in for him, hence the desperate statement from Hibs to try and drum up a bit more interest. 

Porteous’ agent has obviously told him rightly to run his contract down as he may get a decent enough move with no fee attached, and that’s the key point here, if he thought he’d get a move regardless he’d have signed a contract at Hibs to get them a fee, he knows his agent knows and Hibs know that was never happening.

On 27/11/2022 at 10:47, Section Q said:

Mmmm players down there will have their limbs at risk more like!

9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

300-400k to a bottom half championship side down south would be my guess. He has potential but a big punt for any club. 

Yup that all he can do - a big punt up the park!

Hibs are about his Level, they must be seething their supposedly multi million pound players in reality are worthless. 

Can't see Ron hanging around for long. 

Carl Fredrickson
26 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Port Vale.   The only English League team not named after a place.

Genuine question, is Arsenal an area of London?

Carl Fredrickson
2 minutes ago, leginten said:

Woolwich Arsenal.

According to Wiki they were original Dial Square Football Club, then Royal Arsenal before in changing to Woolwich Arsenal in 1893. In 1914 they then became The Arsenal before doing the opposite of The Rangers - they dropped THE from their name. 

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

According to Wiki they were original Dial Square Football Club, then Royal Arsenal before in changing to Woolwich Arsenal in 1893. In 1914 they then became The Arsenal before doing the opposite of The Rangers - they dropped THE from their name. 

Never knew about Dial Square. Sounds like a totally shite early sponsorship name!

Carl Fredrickson
2 minutes ago, leginten said:

Never knew about Dial Square. Sounds like a totally shite early sponsorship name!

A works team, like Ferranti Thistle.