• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It's eye opening how many people seem to think some drag queen has any place whatsoever in a primary school.

Nutters.

Especially considering the illiteracy rates in Scotland.

There seems to be a militant agenda at play in education .Remember them trying to teach how to assist a man giving birth at a maternity course for nurses in Edinburgh.

As you say nutters

Ron Burgundy
22 minutes ago, Ked said:

Especially considering the illiteracy rates in Scotland.

There seems to be a militant agenda at play in education .Remember them trying to teach how to assist a man giving birth at a maternity course for nurses in Edinburgh.

As you say nutters

In the past people were encouraged to seek help for mental illness to make them better. Now we actively encourage it.

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, Ked said:

It's disgraceful that troubled teenagers were allowed to go down a path towards mutilating the most precious thing you will ever posses.

Your own body.

Yass great news.  Horrendous Dr Mengeles experiments really 

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

In the past people were encouraged to seek help for mental illness to make them better. Now we actively encourage it.

Yes its a mental health issue. Delusional thinking.  And one should never go along with anyone's delusion thinking. Never validate it. 

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That's rugby got its house in order now: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/62349297

The tide is beginning to turn. Hopefully not against these people, but accepting them in a way that works for all.

Good and sensible news, girls and boys play mixed rugby until the age of 11 down here (iirc) and for a year or so later in Scotland, they're separated for their own safety as the size difference becomes more apparent, it's entirely appropriate this decision has been taken.

Edited by Dawnrazor

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

That's rugby got its house in order now: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/62349297

The tide is beginning to turn. Hopefully not against these people, but accepting them in a way that works for all.

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Good and sensible news, girls and boys play mixed rugby until the age of 11 down here (iirc) and for a year or so later in Scotland, they're separated for their own safety as the size difference becomes more apparent, it's entirely appropriate this decision has been taken.

Yes great news , tide def turning . 

chuck berrys hairline

Livingston pride walk at 2pm today along the boulevard. Rangers game be finished around the same time i wonder if the event will pass without provocation 👀 they will literally meet head on after the game!

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Livingston pride walk at 2pm today along the boulevard. Rangers game be finished around the same time i wonder if the event will pass without provocation 👀 they will literally meet head on after the game!

why would there be any bother? Cant see it myself. 

chuck berrys hairline
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

why would there be any bother? Cant see it myself. 

Just don't trust one of them not to say something thats all. Here's hoping it's peaceful and everyone has a good time

✌ n 💜 

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Just don't trust one of them not to say something thats all. Here's hoping it's peaceful and everyone has a good time

✌ n 💜 

Yes I know what you mean . Hopefully it’s fine . Maybe a few will join in 😂 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Is anything actually being talked about here or is it just a transphobic meme thread? 😕

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Is anything actually being talked about here or is it just a transphobic meme thread? 😕

Start a discussion then . Plenty articles and videos shared to encourage discussion. . It’s your perspective if you view it as transphobic . Not unsurprisingly the usual arguments from some of the trans community when issues are discussed 

John Findlay
22 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

In which way?

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Memes and social media posts...

How long you in for, James? 😜 

😂😂

5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Arrested for causing " anxiety".  Incredulous 

The thought policing of society seems to be driven by the left or Liberal.

It's a bit ironic.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

My main takeaways from that story:

The UK does have restrictions on freedom of expression that might cause alarm or distress.

Slightly overzealous policing which has already been called out by the force in question.

And most importantly, how about everyone just starts being kind and stops posting garbage online that is designed solely to antogonise other groups, just like this guy did. That would be such an improvement in the world IMO. 👍

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Ked said:

The thought policing of society seems to be driven by the left or Liberal.

It's a bit ironic.

I know. Glad im a libertarian 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The UK does have restrictions on freedom of expression that might cause alarm or distress.

Slightly overzealous policing which has already been called out by the force in question.

And most importantly, how about everyone just starts being kind and stops posting garbage online that is designed solely to antogonise other groups, just like this guy did. That would be such an improvement in the world IMO. 👍

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

alarm or distress.

thats different from causing "anxiety" and how does one prove you are causing someone to feel  " anxious" , Its another tactic in a certain group of people who are trying to silence debate 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

thats different from causing "anxiety" and how does one prove you are causing someone to feel  " anxious" , Its another tactic in a certain group of people who are trying to silence debate 

I must have missed the "debate". I'm more interested in the human angle - I don't understand the law enough. It's just disappointing that people do things like that - the guys posted a pic of a pride flag arranged like a swastika. What's the point in that? What's the "debate"? I just wish people wouldn't do that. Serves no positive purpose IMO and just divides us. 

12 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Your last point may work in certain situations but a lot of truthful and frank discussions may contain facts (actual real verifiable truths) that cause distress and concern. It’s a fact of life that free exchange of ideas runs the gauntlet of potentially offending folk and it has very little to do with kindness or otherwise. 

Also, posting a Pride flag arranged as a swastika may be tasteless or offensive. 

An actual offence though? Jesus wept. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

the guys posted a pic of a pride flag arranged like a swastika.

I believe that this was done to emphasis how " Pride " and " Stonewall" are now viewed as an almost fascist organisation or movement where if ones dissents ( ie regarding biological sex as opposed to gender) they are not welcome in the

" community". I wasnt offended by it. I felt it was very striking and got the point over very well. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Also, posting a Pride flag arranged as a swastika may be tasteless or offensive. 

Was it though ? for everyone " offended " by it there were many who felt it was a real statement. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Your last point may work in certain situations but a lot of truthful and frank discussions may contain facts (actual real verifiable truths) that cause distress and concern. It’s a fact of life that free exchange of ideas runs the gauntlet of potentially offending folk and it has very little to do with kindness or otherwise. 

Well said. I don't like some views and opinions of some religions but Im not wanting them prosecuted because it may make me feel anxious. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Yeah. Not that crazy though. Displaying a Swastika is illegal in multiple countries.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Also, side point, that story has only a tenuous link to LGBTQ issues. Could argue it doesn't even belong on this thread. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Yeah. Not that crazy though. Displaying a Swastika is illegal in multiple countries.

"

1. an ancient symbol in the form of an equal-armed cross with each arm continued at a right angle, used (in clockwise form) as the emblem of the German Nazi party.

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Was it though ? for everyone " offended " by it there were many who felt it was a real statement. 

Oh I agree. Some people may find it tasteless and offensive but I don’t think that should be the threshold for involving the law. 

I saw your comment further up and I did think it would be linked with Stonewall. 

1 minute ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Crucially it isn’t illegal in this one though. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Is this because I brought the word "kind" into the discussion. You're doing not much more than simply 'othering' here. You're forcing or facilitating forcing everyone into one of two groups.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Is this because I brought the word "kind" into the discussion. You're doing not much more than simply 'othering' here. You're forcing or facilitating forcing everyone into one of two groups.

No I'm not. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Which is probably one of the reasons the boy wasn't charged and let go almost immediately. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Which is probably one of the reasons the boy wasn't charged and let go almost immediately.