****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Which is probably one of the reasons the boy wasn't charged and let go almost immediately. 

Why even arrest him? Surely they had seen the content before they called round his house to cause him distress and anxiety? Overzealous nonsense in my book but as you’ve said probably unrelated (or at best tenuously related) to this thread. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Which is probably one of the reasons the boy wasn't charged and let go almost immediately. 

The issue was it was a waste of police time and resources when there is more serious crimes happening. The complainer should have been informed that it an offence had not been committed and it was left there. Instead their " feelings" were pandered to. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No I'm not. 

You are man. I used one innocuous word and you immediately linked it with and indirectly lumped me in with the 'others' who harassed JK Rowling.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No I'm not. 

You are man. I used one innocuous word and you immediately linked it with and indirectly lumped me in with the 'others' who harassed JK Rowling.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The issue was it was a waste of police time and resources when there is more serious crimes happening. The complainer should have been informed that it an offence had not been committed and it was left there. Instead their " feelings" were pandered to. 

If this story is about police resources and policing in general, why did you post it on this thread?

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

If this story is about police resources and policing in general, why did you post it on this thread?

Because it was related to a persons view about trans issues.  This thread is L G B T etc etc 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Because it was related to a persons view about trans issues.  This thread is L G B T etc etc 

That's very, very weak tbh. 

11 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

That's very, very weak tbh. 

Is it?

There seems to be a very rigid right or wrong on this issue and police intervention in this case is political.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Is it?

There seems to be a very rigid right or wrong on this issue and police intervention in this case is political.

It’s very relevant to the thread 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
9 minutes ago, Ked said:

Is it?

What political power does the trans community have?

I read the start of this subject way back. As a reformed to some extent queer basher I thought I approached thesubject with civility and respect. I now feel that the forum is being used as a somewhat queer pesons loudspeaker, and although I no longer read it to any great extent feel that it has run its true worth and if Gay fans want a site open one, but as I say I use my right to state my opinion, to say enoughs enough,I feel the original question was well and fairly answered.

2 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Quite a bit .It sees people opposed to certain aspects of it cancelled.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Just now, Ked said:

Quite a bit .It sees people opposed to certain aspects of it cancelled.

I can't see where the "quite a bit" is. The Conservative government? The police? The courts?

1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

I read the start of this subject way back. As a reformed to some extent queer basher I thought I approached thesubject with civility and respect. I now feel that the forum is being used as a somewhat queer pesons loudspeaker, and although I no longer read it to any great extent feel that it has run its true worth and if Gay fans want a site open one, but as I say I use my right to state my opinion, to say enoughs enough,I feel the original question was well and fairly answered.

There isn't really a question to be answered in this thread Bob, as the title says it's about issues to LGBTQ+ problems and news, it's on going and stories in the press are reported, if not daily certainly regularly, it's, imo, perfectly reasonable for anyone to highlight and post about them and having them in one thread it gives people the option whether to read them or not.

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

If you have to ask that question, then you are not as in touch as you think you are.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Just now, John Findlay said:

If you have to ask that question, then you are not as in touch as you think you are.

I don't think I am very in touch. Can you answer it then?

John Findlay

You just have to watch, listen or read politicians answers in the last 6 weeks to questions on this subject to see how politicised this is nowadays. 

Added to what the current Scottish Government want to push through the Scottish Parliament and this is very much politicised.

With regards to the person being arrested by Hampshire police, as his tweet has allegedly caused someone anxiety. Imho, a complete waste of police resources.

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I can't see where the "quite a bit" is. The Conservative government? The police? The courts?

Social media . Cancel culture . Harrassment and online bullying 

10 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

They've got things to the stage where the Leader of the opposition and the leader of the SNP can't even say what a women is for fear of a backlash.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

They've got things to the stage where the Leader of the opposition and the leader of the SNP can't even say what a women is for fear of a backlash.

And that’s political . Can’t even state basic facts without being called a 

“bigot “ or “ transphobic” . what a situation we are in at the present time . 

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

I for one am glad this thread exists as it keeps the other threads free. The title of the thread seems pretty clear about the content 

1 hour ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

So Sharon Davies JK Rowling haven't felt the effect of politics.

Keir Starmer Nicola Sturgeon cannot answer questions on what a women is.

Rape survivors meetings are  invaded by some chavi with a beard and an Edinburgh University tried to teach maternity nurses how to help a man give birth and you can't see quite a bit ffs

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

So Sharon Davies JK Rowling haven't felt the effect of politics.

Keir Starmer Nicola Sturgeon cannot answer questions on what a women is.

Rape survivors meetings are  invaded by some chavi with a beard and an Edinburgh University tried to teach maternity nurses how to help a man give birth and you can't see quite a bit ffs

Screenshot_20220801-205911_Chrome.jpg

57 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And that’s political . Can’t even state basic facts without being called a 

“bigot “ or “ transphobic” . what a situation we are in at the present time . 

Or that the denial of the ability for a man to give birth is seen as transphobic.

Something that a poster accused me of but when asked about this scenario never answered.

Imo the trans question is way overloaded in favour and to its detriment.

Given it ignores the science .

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Or that the denial of the ability for a man to give birth is seen as transphobic.

Something that a poster accused me of but when asked about this scenario never answered.

Imo the trans question is way overloaded in favour and to its detriment.

Given it ignores the science .

Yes the science which has been immutable for miliions of years 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Live and let live but expecting people to think up is down is a Slippery slope.

Yes it’s about “ reality “ and “ fact “ that’s the whole principle which needs to be paramount , nit delusional thinking based on subjective feelings 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:rofl:

what

JudyJudyJudy

This guy is terrific . 

However would you believe that this clip of the interview was taken down from the website the next day As the two trans people on it complained it was causing them “ anxiety “ !!

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

This guy is terrific . 

However would you believe that this clip of the interview was taken down from the website the next day As the two trans people on it complained it was causing them “ anxiety “ !!

"Terrific"?

In the interests of fairness and a bit of balance, here's some more stuff Matt Walsh has said...

https://www.mediamatters.org/daily-wire/youtube-facebook-and-twitter-daily-wires-matt-walsh-makes-extreme-attacks-trans-kids

He's also stated white replacement theory is "just a fact".

Folk can make up their own minds about him I suppose.

JudyJudyJudy

"Terri

In the interests of fairness and a bit of balance, here's some more stuff Matt Walsh has said...

https://www.mediamatters.org/daily-wire/youtube-facebook-and-twitter-daily-wires-matt-walsh-makes-extreme-attacks-trans-kids

He's also stated white replacement theory is "just a fact".

Folk can make up their own minds about him I suppose.

You should really watch his fill

length documentary which explores in more detail why the “ affirmation” policy is damaging to vulnerable children . 

13 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:rofl:

what

I dunno how he gets away with this rubbish.

Being old is no excuse to being a ****

An ex policeman as well. Apparently

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Shankland said:

I dunno how he gets away with this rubbish.

Being old is no excuse to being a ****

An ex policeman as well. Apparently

When he describes himself as a “to some extent queer basher”, does he mean he actually used to beat up gay folk? Or just victimise them emotionally?

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

When he describes himself as a “to some extent queer basher”, does he mean he actually used to beat up gay folk? Or just victimise them emotionally?

I'm not saying this is what Bob is meaning but queer bashing was common "back in the day".

I've heard first hand stories of gay people lured back to a hotel and then beaten and robbed (the other basher was hiding in wait in the hotel room to help).

Sad thing is, the gay fellow could even go to the police, in fear of another beating.

Edited by Pap

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I'm not sure, either way, he's a total tool.

It's irrespective what age he claims he is, the guy is a bigot.

I hate the free pass he gets on here because of the age he claims he is. Doesn't excuse his comments

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Shankland said:

I hate the free pass he gets on here because of the age he claims he is. Doesn't excuse his comments

His accusation that JKB has turned into a gay loudspeaker is the funniest thing I’ve heard in ages 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, Pap said:

I'm not saying this is what Bob is meaning but queer bashing was common "back in the day".

I've heard first hand stories of gay people lured back to a hotel and then beaten and robbed (the other basher was hiding in wait in the hotel room to help).

Sad thing is, the gay fellow could even go to the police, in fear of another beating.

If you say that back in the day people were intolerant of gay folk then I get that because attitudes change. But anyone beating them up was vermin then, the same as they’d be vermin now

15 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Gay people have as much right to post whatever topic they want on this forum as anyone else.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I was quite shocked reading that post tbh. Gay fans should go and get their own forum?!? Unreal.

I was too . But felt I didn’t want to respond as I’d get my head kicked in really ! Encouraging  to see others felt the same disdain and shock for it that I did . Thank you . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If you say that back in the day people were intolerant of gay folk then I get that because attitudes change. But anyone beating them up was vermin then, the same as they’d be vermin now

I’ve got an 81 years old gay mate . He’s a real character actually . Very sprightly and still alert and lively . He’s told me some horrific stories of abuse and violence against gays and lesbians in the 1950/60s from individuals and institutions . Even though I moan about some things today it’s a hell of a lot better than the past . 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Gay people have as much right to post whatever topic they want on this forum as anyone else.

👍👍

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It happened a lot as many were in the closet and open to blackmail as it was Also illegal . 

4 hours ago, Shankland said:

I am an eighty seven year old male, father of two survivor of a sixty three year marriage to a wonderful woman who actually passed from my life two years ago today. She has gone to join our daughter who died in a motor vehicle accident some years ago. I make no claims regarding my age that are not true, I was born at Simpson Memorial Hospital to James and Mary Sharp  on 8 February 1935. I probably am a total tool, but I would question that you would have the if you have any balls to say it even to my old face. I acept the fact you call me a bigot, it goes with many different opinions, it is an easy term to use. I have seen many now generations, when gay was used generally to describe a fun time at a party, not the individuals attending. The truth is I am so far passed it all I could really care less how sexual gratification is secured, but in my youth, into adulthood it was always   in my relationships between men and women. Life changes you have to accept it, but are not required to accept, just as you basically suggested I am a liar, and to which I would have in these old days  invited you to call me such to my face.

49 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

The truth is I am so far passed it all I could really care less how sexual gratification is secured, but in my youth, into adulthood it was always   in my relationships between men and women. Life changes you have to accept it

What's your issue with gay people posting on this forum then? It doesn't seem like you are past it at all when you want gays fans to bugger off and go and make their own forum.