.net delusion

iantjambo

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Not only do they lockdown they are now deleting threads.

Ron's boy thread replacing criticism with praise.

😄

Imagine Lee Johnson's surgeon taking the same approach to his job as Ron Gordon's son. 

Just keep making random incisions until hopefully you make one somewhere near the mark.

Eventually you might get lucky but the patient is in a critical condition by that time. 

Keep up the great work Ian. Keep hacking away.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• vegas-voss

• Pasquale for King

BigPhysicalHearts
16 hours ago, Rudy T said:

If he’s prone to a tantrum you can be sure every defender in the league will go out their way to wind him up!

Can just see Cammy Devlin ruffling his hair with a wee grin :rofl:

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I forgot they had a bigger capacity. Doesn't equate to bums on seats. It makes them look more pitiful with half empty stands on televised games, whereas Tynie looks great with full stands. 

5 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Honestly if the difference was substantial I’d be bothered but for the sake of 300 or so seats I think I’ll survive - it’s staggering that they bang on about such a marginal difference

All that fuss over a few hundred seats.

Still, that and 1973 is all that they have.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

All that fuss over a few hundred seats.

Still, that and 1973 is all that they have.

Every Hibee that has ever brought up 1973 to me as a retort wasn’t even alive to see it - it’s delightful 

12 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Honestly if the difference was substantial I’d be bothered but for the sake of 300 or so seats I think I’ll survive - it’s staggering that they bang on about such a marginal difference

Yeah iirc it is only a few hundred difference. Nothing to keep me awake at night.

Just now, Halliphax said:

Every Hibee that has ever brought up 1973 to me as a retort wasn’t even alive to see it - it’s delightful 

I was 4½ at the time and have no recollection of it. Anyone my age, or under, dredging it up is ridiculous.

August Landmesser
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I guess Humphrys saw the Hibs Cow Shed when the Raggydoll was unveiled there earlier in the day and as such feels able to compare 

D19792AE-70EB-4BB3-8BC9-5EBC98030B0B.jpeg

that's a much nicer outfit than the one he'll have to wear for his day job though.

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

that's a much nicer outfit than the one he'll have to wear for his day job though.

He'll still look like a clown 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2022 at 13:50, martoon said:

I was 4½ at the time and have no recollection of it. Anyone my age, or under, dredging it up is ridiculous.

I was 9 at the time and have absolutely no recollection of it either although I do remember the game from September 73 😂, which we could have avenged 7 that day 

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

so as the sfa are happy trial the initiative of having more early kick offs to aid clubs during the rising energy costs, Hibs are taking the initiative back and doing the opposite! 

14 minutes ago, Gav M said:

so as the sfa are happy trial the initiative of having more early kick offs to aid clubs during the rising energy costs, Hibs are taking the initiative back and doing the opposite! 

The gate money may not cover the leccy bill🤣

1 hour ago, gerryjambo41 said:

I was 9 at the time and have absolutely no recollection of it either although I do remember the game from September 73 😂, which we could have avenged 7 that day 

Aye.

I've only ever seen the goals from Sep 73 but was aware from a young age that it may have been more.

I was also made aware of what a cathartic day it was for my dad, uncles, Papa and the Hearts support on the day.

I want numerical revenge for it in my lifetime.

I've been at a few derbies when I've thought "today's the day" and I'm convinced that, one day, it will be.

It would finish they scuttling, emailing, feckers off.

Edited by martoon

31 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Friday nights are much better than Sundays.  Would have thought a lot more supporters will be there too. 

9 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye.

I've only ever seen the goals from Sep 73 but was aware from a young age that it may have been more.

I was also made aware of what a cathartic day it was for my dad, uncles, Papa and the Hearts support on the day.

I want numerical revenge for it in my lifetime.

I've been at a few derbies when I've thought "today's the day" and I'm convinced that, one day, it will be.

It would finish they scuttling, emailing, feckers off.

2012 should have been the day.  Before that 4-1 at New Year under Rix.  4 up 50 mins gone and they got a man sent off and Zibbi was having a complete shitemare as usual.  

43 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Friday nights are much better than Sundays.  Would have thought a lot more supporters will be there too. 

I’m sure there will be a bigger attendance than normal as they’ve stiffed their ST holders and are charging £10 and £5 for tickets. 

2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I’m sure there will be a bigger attendance than normal as they’ve stiffed their ST holders and are charging £10 and £5 for tickets. 

Seems a good way of attracting supporters for a shanner of a game. 

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

2012 should have been the day.  Before that 4-1 at New Year under Rix.  4 up 50 mins gone and they got a man sent off and Zibbi was having a complete shitemare as usual.  

I was at the 4-1 with an uncle who'd been at 0-7 and vividly recall him saying "this is it" when Elliott made it 4.

We really should have done it.

The 3-1 in March 1991 was the one that really got away, for me. 

It's Hibs' best result in a derby in my lifetime. 

Lucky b@5£@/d's.

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

I was at the 4-1 with an uncle who'd been at 0-7 and vividly recall him saying "this is it" when Elliott made it 4.

Lucky b@5£@/d's.

Yeah it genuinely felt that in the ground at the time mate.   Everything was falling into place, then it went flat man.

1991 was before my time, can remember watching us destroy them at Easter Road around that time on the highlights (Scotsport when they invaded the pitch and that) that's when I was just getting into going to games.

queensferryjambo
29 minutes ago, martoon said:

Lucky b@5£@/d's.

3-1 in 1991 was a tremendous game. Andy Goram was the difference. The save early on from Bannon and 2 volleys late on from Crabbe I still don't know how Goram saved them. Shame it was never televised.

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

3-1 in 1991 was a tremendous game. Andy Goram was the difference. The save early on from Bannon and 2 volleys late on from Crabbe I still don't know how Goram saved them. Shame it was never televised.

I remember Gorman saved then from a thrashing but you’ve got some memory on you that you can mind the players who had the shots on goal, unbelievable really 

11 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

shafted their season ticket holders - again - more like.

they did this last season too. 
Not sure I’d be a happy clapper if we did it but it’s different there as they have thousands of unsold seats I suppose whereas we have sold out and have a season ticket waiting list.

10 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Seems a good way of attracting supporters for a shanner of a game. 

Correct perfect game for them to fill a few more green seats with cheap prices than a normal Saturday and full pricing. 

4 hours ago, theshed said:

I remember Gorman saved then from a thrashing but you’ve got some memory on you that you can mind the players who had the shots on goal, unbelievable really 

Goram's thwarting of Scott Crabbe was a standout that day. Any other goalie and Scott would have scored 2, maybe, 3 in the last 20 minutes or so.

The first thing we saw after coming through the McLeod Street turnstiles was a John Colquhoun effort hitting the bar up at the Gorgie Road end. The 1st minute of the game, I believe.

It was farcical that it was 0-0 at half time.

7 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah it genuinely felt that in the ground at the time mate.   Everything was falling into place, then it went flat man.

1991 was before my time, can remember watching us destroy them at Easter Road around that time on the highlights (Scotsport when they invaded the pitch and that) that's when I was just getting into going to games.

1990/91 was a great season for us in the derbies. 0-3 Hearts at ER, as you say, 1-1 at Tynecastle, 1-4 Hearts in the New Year game, then Hearts 3-1. 

We scored 11 goals vs. Hibs that season but it could have been double that number.

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Goram's thwarting of Scott Crabbe was a standout that day. Any other goalie and Scott would have scored 2, maybe, 3 in the last 20 minutes or so.

The first thing we saw after coming through the McLeod Street turnstiles was a John Colquhoun effort hitting the bar up at the Gorgie Road end. The 1st minute of the game, I believe.

It was farcical that it was 0-0 at half time.

That game could have been our 7 or more such was our dominance.  The fact it was only 3 was down to probably the best goalkeeping performance I have ever seen.  Contrast that with the 0-7 game and take a look back at some of the goals Garland let in.  Seriously bad goalkeeping.  

7 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I'd like to see the stats, too. It was like shooting practice.

25 attempts on goal, 15 on target would be my guess. :rifle:

7 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

That game could have been our 7 or more such was our dominance.  The fact it was only 3 was down to probably the best goalkeeping performance I have ever seen.  Contrast that with the 0-7 game and take a look back at some of the goals Garland let in.  Seriously bad goalkeeping.  

It really should have been Hearts 10 that day.

It was an astonishing display of goalkeeping by Andy.

Edited by martoon

55 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct perfect game for them to fill a few more green seats with cheap prices than a normal Saturday and full pricing. 

I wonder what the break even point is on this initiative, how many more supporters do they need for this to be worth while. I can only imagine it’s more than double the walk ups they’d get on the Saturday. I’m sure the last time they did this they lost and clearly it’s not attracted a huge amount of new regular fans. 

16 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Ach not going to slag Hibs for this one.  Bit of a slap in the pus for season ticket holders but that's actually only true if the overall cost of tickets across all 19 home games is less than a seaso I'd say.

Scottish clubs DO need to try new things to attract more fans in to the ground.  The cheap tickets is something, but putting the game on on a Friday night maybe just maybe opens up more of a post-work drinks then the fitba type crowd and maybe just maybe that's ok.

Won't have a go at a Scottish club for trying to get more fans in the stadium (we simply don't have to do it, tee hee!)

And besides, there are plenty more things to slag Hibs about

I was at Tynecastle on 1st January 1973 and at Hampden, both in 2012 and 2006, for the matches against Hibs.

I am extremely satisfied that the scales of triumpant achievement are weighed heavily in our favour. Hibs got 2 league points for a game that not that many people saw on television. We ended up with 2 Scottish Cups as a reward for our victories, watched live on television by viewers from all over the UK and beyond.

There is no comparison. They are merely clutching a comfort blanket from a game played years before most of them were born.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

I was at Tynecastle on 1st January 1973 and at Hampden, both in 2012 and 2006, for the matches against Hibs.

I am extremely satisfied that the scales of triumpant achievement are weighed heavily in our favour. Hibs got 2 league points for a game that not that many people saw on television. We ended up with 2 Scottish Cups as a reward for our victories, watched live on television by viewers from all over the UK and beyond.

There is no comparison. They are merely clutching a comfort blanket from a game played years before most of them were born.

Totally correct. I attended all those games too. I was 9 in 73, wasn't 10 until the April, I was 49 in 2012.

11 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

And Crabbo never got to score against them in a derby.

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

shafted their season ticket holders - again - more like.

they did this last season too. 
Not sure I’d be a happy clapper if we did it but it’s different there as they have thousands of unsold seats I suppose whereas we have sold out and have a season ticket waiting list.

Don't know why any H1b5 fan buys a season ticket.  There are always plenty of empty seats and you can always get a ticket for games against us, without much trouble.  Maybe even pick up free tickets from the many thousands they give away for most games.

When the mid season collapse happens you can stop attending and save your cash.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

And Crabbo never got to score against them in a derby.

Although, he scored a peach in goram's hun debut.

3 hours ago, Yoda said:

Don't know why any H1b5 fan buys a season ticket.  There are always plenty of empty seats and you can always get a ticket for games against us, without much trouble.  Maybe even pick up free tickets from the many thousands they give away for most games.

When the mid season collapse happens you can stop attending and save your cash.

You could say the same for any team outside the old firm apart from us very recently? 

3 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Although, he scored a peach in goram's hun debut.

I remember it well. There was a flash of lightning as the ball hit the net. 

4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

1991-03-23_HEA_3_HIB_1_L_29_of_36-021

Terrific find, bud.

Reassuring, too, that my memory of JC almost scoring in the first minute is accurate.

I posted it earlier in the thread but that 3-1 defeat was one of Hibs' finest derby results.

Incredible luck for them that they had Andy Goram that day.

8 hours ago, martoon said:

Terrific find, bud.

Reassuring, too, that my memory of JC almost scoring in the first minute is accurate.

I posted it earlier in the thread but that 3-1 defeat was one of Hibs' finest derby results.

Must have been very frustrating for the Docksiders that after having Alan Rough then Goram as their keepers for the best part of a decade that they then had a procession of rotten keepers. Their frustration was our amusement.

44 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Must have been very frustrating for the Docksiders that after having Alan Rough then Goram as their keepers for the best part of a decade that they then had a procession of rotten keepers. Their frustration was our amusement.

And the two of them did very poorly in derbies. 

Rough 0 wins in 17,

Goram 3 wins in 15.

13 minutes ago, martoon said:

Rough 0 wins in 17,

Goram 3 wins in 15.

Superb stats. I thought they would have done better than that so nice to know they didn't.

33 minutes ago, martoon said:

Rough 0 wins in 17,

Goram 3 wins in 15.

I remember meeting Robbo, Colin Cameron and Alan Rough at a Scotland quiz night several years ago, asked for a photo and Robbo says to Rough, come on pal, this lad wants a photo with 3 Hearts legends, Rough looked confused until Robbo said 'well you never won a derby, that makes you a legend in my book' !!!!

10 hours ago, martoon said:

Terrific find, bud.

Aye, nice article to see again. Wee mistake in it though. 9 undefeated, not 9 wins in a row.  🙂

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Rough 0 wins in 17,

Goram 3 wins in 15.

Gosh! Suppose our two long undefeated streaks were around their time but those are some statistics. Wonder if there's a Colgan or Gottskalksen or Makalamby or whoever out there that has a better derby record than those internationalists (though Rough's is a very low bar).

1 hour ago, allyjambo said:

I remember meeting Robbo, Colin Cameron and Alan Rough at a Scotland quiz night several years ago, asked for a photo and Robbo says to Rough, come on pal, this lad wants a photo with 3 Hearts legends, Rough looked confused until Robbo said 'well you never won a derby, that makes you a legend in my book' !!!!

😃 

Love it.

1 hour ago, edramone said:

Superb stats. I thought they would have done better than that so nice to know they didn't.

Goram's derby record is pretty decent...

Compared to Rough's. 😊

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye, nice article to see again. Wee mistake in it though. 9 undefeated, not 9 wins in a row.  🙂

Aye, never been done in the derby.

7 succesive wins is the record. Set by Hearts around WWI. We also had a 6 win stretch around the same time.

We've had a couple of 5's, quite a few 4's and countless 3's.

Hibs' best is 3 in-a-row. A run of league games 100 years ago and 3 Cup ties in the 1880's. 🤣 

53 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Gosh! Suppose our two long undefeated streaks were around their time but those are some statistics. Wonder if there's a Colgan or Gottskalksen or Makalamby or whoever out there that has a better derby record than those internationalists (though Rough's is a very low bar).

Rough's stated ambition in the book, Hibernian Greats (1987), was "to be in the winning team in an Edinburgh derby".

He only played one more and blew any chance himself by running straight past JC and the ball, who set up Robbo for the only goal.

August '87 at Tynecastle. The final game of 17 without defeat.